Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Thursday July 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 4 2013, 09:34 AM (13,693 Views)
elci525
Member Avatar

Watched this late....but overall, I have to say pretty excellent episode!! I could have done without Chad and Cameron, and Cameron and Gabi, and Chad and Abby -- the latter pair to a lesser extent, b/c even though I don't like them together necessarily, it was interesting to see Abby so upset that Sami wasn't indicted. I loved when she was pissy that it could have been a slam dunk -- got me very excited for the career should could have as an investigative journalist, and for her potentially causing a dent in Sami's plans to remain a free woman.

Everything else was pretty golden. First of all Father Eric -- what can I say? Hubba hubba. GV's doing a nice job of playing emotionally and physically distressed. I swear though, when Daniel came to help him and the two shared those scenes, all I could hear was "bawwm chicka waaaw wah" music. It seems just hearing the melodic dulcet tones of Daniel's voice was enough to cure Eric momentarily. Dr. Dan's curative potency transmits aurally, apparently. And then when Eric was pulling up his sleeve, and his bicep was showing, and Daniel said roll it up more, and all that talk of a workup, and then penetration with syringe.....well let's just say my dirty mind was working overtime.

Hell has frozen over, b/c I enjoyed Jennifer today. Yes, yes I know...these words have actually escaped my mouth. I ENJOYED JENNIFER TODAY!! Daniel was such an unbelievable douche when Jennifer was explaining her wanting to take a break, that by comparison Jennifer Rose came up smelling like roses. She was so sane and he was so insane. And I think this is why we are observing all the good JJ being a troubled teen has done for Jennifer's character. 1) We see her being given some great acting opportunities, and MR, being a mother to teens herself, has really hit it outta the park. But more importantly 2) it seems the dose of reality, as schemey as that reality might be, JJ has provided has helped burst the nauseating "Fetch" cloud surrounding Jennifer. It has brought her back to earth a little bit, and has shone a reflective light on the wrinkles and flaws of that relationship. Missy was excellent today!! And JJ?!?!?! OMG I love this kid. Calling Dr. Dan a sleaze? CHECK! Snarking that oh Dr. Dan is so perfect isn't he? CHECK! Bringing up Jack's name as many times as possible? CHECK!! Saying things like, "I know dad was gone a lot on his little adventures but that was part of the great romance wasn't it?" HOLY FUCK! What an incredible bit of dialogue!! Yes JJ - yes it was! I was never a Jack and Jen shipper, but goodness if that didn't melt my heart. JJ was my everything today. Convinced me more than ever that someone at Days reads this board and takes copious notes.

Theresa....I kindaaa like her so far. Comes on way too strong for sure. But, I dunno, she injects something refreshing or new that I want to see develop. I just don't understand all this older woman stuff. How old is she meant to be? JJ looks about 12 sometimes, and she doesn't look 12, but everyone was acting like she was 35 or something. Speaking of which, JJ saying things like "I like women" in his wanna-be-player voice makes me feel all manner of inappropriate, as I really would be robbing the cradle!

Nicole was amazing today as always. I know she and Brady are a bad idea, and I want so much more for Nicole than what Brady can/will offer. But criminy those two look purrrtyy together. I loved their little tag team today when confronting Kristen about mentioning Eric so much: the "why do you keep talking about him yeah you were in his room yeah it's like you can't help but mention his name why is that yeah why is that....?" PERFECTION! Although I wasn't a huge fan of Nicole's "fifty shades of crazy" or whatever line. 1) I think that phrase is so cliche at this point and the writers can do better; and 2) I have very bad associations with this show and the "fifty shades" nonsense, that I never ever ever want to hear it again!! Another fave moment was when Brady asked Nicole to play nice with Sami, and Nicole agreed hysterically through clenched teeth. Tee hee. Nicole continues to look gorgeous in her wrap dress, btw.

And Kristen! Kristen Kristen Kristen - you are my world. From the insane shouting at Dr. Chyka to her genius line about actually having had what Nicole wants (meaning Eric) and it being incredible, all her exchanges with Nicole, etc. Nailed it! I also loved how Kristen mentioned something about a steam room re: Nicole lusting after Eric, and then we see Eric writing sexily albeit painfully in a steamy shower. Nice touch!

So many of the youngins take summer semester classes. Interesting. I don't hear about college all year, and then suddenly in the summertime everyone's in school. Also that syllabus looked about 10 pages long to me - sure it wasn't the prof's CV?

And I chuckled when Theo said, "doubtful". LOL - I want him to say "negatory" or "indubitably" next!

Really great episode.
Edited by elci525, Jul 5 2013, 07:12 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

six
Jul 5 2013, 11:10 AM
elci525
Jul 5 2013, 06:57 AM
Theresa....I kindaaa like her so far. Comes on way too strong for sure. But, I dunno, she injects something refreshing or new that I want to see develop. I just don't understand all this older woman stuff. How old is she meant to be? JJ looks about 12 sometimes, and she doesn't look 12, but everyone was acting like she was 35 or something. Speaking of which, JJ saying things like "I like women" in his wanna-be-player voice makes me feel all manner of inappropriate, as I really would be robbing the cradle!

IDK how old Teresa is supposed to be, but the actress is in her mid - late 20s and she looks 25ish; too old not to look out of place with someone who looks 15 (I know the actor and character are older).
Oh ok - thanks for letting me know. She didn't look 25 to me....she looked about 18-20 so that is why I was so confused about the robbing the cradle comments. But I guess I am blind to these things - issues with denial re: my own aging perhaps. Mwaahhhhhhh.
Edited by elci525, Jul 5 2013, 11:30 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 5 2013, 12:03 PM
elci525
Jul 5 2013, 11:30 AM
six
Jul 5 2013, 11:10 AM
elci525
Jul 5 2013, 06:57 AM

IDK how old Teresa is supposed to be, but the actress is in her mid - late 20s and she looks 25ish; too old not to look out of place with someone who looks 15 (I know the actor and character are older).
Oh ok - thanks for letting me know. She didn't look 25 to me....she looked about 18-20 so that is why I was so confused about the robbing the cradle comments. But I guess I am blind to these things - issues with denial re: my own aging perhaps. Mwaahhhhhhh.
The actress is 29 next month. Don't know how old Theresa is supposed to be.
29 really? I am that age-ish. Do I look that young? Hmmmmmmm........
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic