Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, July 5th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 5 2013, 07:15 AM (11,244 Views)
waterlilly
Member Avatar

Pookie
Jul 6 2013, 12:18 PM
I was just thinking, Sonny is racking up several potential criminal charges. Deleting that video would be obstruction of justice, right? Then there is breaking and entering into Nick's room and stealing his property. Which is also obstruction of justice in Will's case. Also, Sonny is complicit in corporate espionage because he helped Sami and EJ steal Nick's flash drives which allowed them to steal the formula.

If/When Adrienne turns over the video in Sami's case, it's going to cause a chain reaction that she didn't expect. How ironic would it be that she think's Will is going to hurt Sonny, when she could ultimately be the one that gets the ball rolling.
She also was the look out while Sonny and Sami broke into Nick's room :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

lysie
Jul 6 2013, 11:46 AM
Sweet and Salty
Jul 6 2013, 11:43 AM
camera shy
Jul 6 2013, 09:23 AM
Sweet and Salty
Jul 6 2013, 12:37 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
You know I was just thinking how young JJ is yet they're putting him out there as a sex symbol with his shirt off.......I hope it's for all the teengers they think are watching.
Yes! My God, he's just a baby in my eyes! He has my Jacobs tender body yet! He's being grounded! Cute, adorable, but....we are adults here I assume!! *shudder*
A) Why would you assume everyone here is an adult?
B) JJ is hardly the first teenage sex symbol this or any show has had.
C) The actor is over 18 anyway.
I don't necessarily think all on this board are adults, but I do assume most are. I assume that because it is a daytime show. It's typically watched by adult homemakers, key word "typically". I know times are changing and we have SoapNet and D V R's. my circle of people who watch Days are adult women. I know one college girl who watches sporadically. High School teens are in school in the daytime, and busy with class work, as with college age kids. I, myself, began watching as a Senior in High School, so I can't and haven't said, that young people don't watch soaps! As far as keeping up with it, rarer than homemakers busy and active! I was NEVER able to keep up with it! It wasn't a priority! Most teens just are too busy!

Of course he's not the first teen sex symbol on Days! And I totally see him being one! He's adorable!! Beautiful, beautiful eyes!! He's going to be a "hottie" for the teen scene! Him being on the show may very well bring in younger viewers! This may be the very reason our veteran actors are being written off and/or fired! Bums me out, because I still believe it's and adult show, and WANT it to be written that way! That's just for my own entertainment! I enjoy the younger actors just fine, but in the context of family. Totally just MY wish! And this is TOTALLY how I see JJ being written. As a TEEN sex symbol! Not for adults to drool over! If I'm wrong about the age bracket of posters on this board, I "eat crow". But I doubt it! I will gladly admit "my bad" if everyone pipes up to being a teenager! Even though he IS 18, myself I think, though legal, it's as a mother, I dislike adults ogling young men. I dislike a lot of things and since I have two sons that age I suppose I'm more attune to how awkward that makes me feel. My sensitivities, I'm sure, are in the minority.

If its teens ogling over JJ's body, don't blame them a bit. If its adults, I may just quietly s
walk away from the board or keep my opinions on the matter to myself.

No sin is worse than any other, but sensitivities are individual. Nicks situation was extremely close to my heart. Extremely. In my "soap mind", maybe I'm being overprotective of JJ. Laugh if you want, we all do it! -_-

I HOPE so much, I haven't insulted anyone.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Pookie
I was just thinking, Sonny is racking up several potential criminal charges. Deleting that video would be obstruction of justice, right? Then there is breaking and entering into Nick's room and stealing his property. Which is also obstruction of justice in Will's case. Also, Sonny is complicit in corporate espionage because he helped Sami and EJ steal Nick's flash drives which allowed them to steal the formula.

If/When Adrienne turns over the video in Sami's case, it's going to cause a chain reaction that she didn't expect. How ironic would it be that she think's Will is going to hurt Sonny, when she could ultimately be the one that gets the ball rolling.
Interesting!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

waterlilly
Member Avatar

Deep breath Salty. It's all good, I don't think anyone meant to offend... :wub2:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

waterlilly
Jul 6 2013, 01:42 PM
Deep breath Salty. It's all good, I don't think anyone meant to offend... :wub2:
Whew!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pookie
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jul 6 2013, 01:38 PM
Pookie

Interesting!!
With all the rumors of who's staying and going in the young adult set: Chad (100% sure), Will (99% sure), Gabi (rumored), Nick (rumored), I could see a bunch of them finally going down for all their crimes. Or skipping town to avoid jail time. The young adult scene could be decimated.

Will they write Sonny off along with Will (and Gabi??)? Will they build Sonny up and build a new scene around him?
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Abigail to Gabi: "Chad and Cameron were totally cool so it was fine. I kind of wish one of them had been a jerk because it would have made it so much easier to decide who I would give my heart and soul to for all of eternity."

I had no idea this is what her dilemma was. I mean, sleeping with them is one thing, but giving her heart and soul for all of eternity? Neither one of them is worthy of that, imo, nor has anything in either of their relationships come any where near to that kind of depth. <<smh>>

Offline Profile Goto Top

Pookie
Member Avatar

annie21
Jul 6 2013, 03:24 PM
Abigail to Gabi: "Chad and Cameron were totally cool so it was fine. I kind of wish one of them had been a jerk because it would have made it so much easier to decide who I would give my heart and soul to for all of eternity."

I had no idea this is what her dilemma was. I mean, sleeping with them is one thing, but giving her heart and soul for all of eternity? Neither one of them is worthy of that, imo, nor has anything in either of their relationships come any where near to that kind of depth. <<smh>>

I hope she was being facetious. But if she's looking for a husband, then she need to make that clear to both Cameron and Chad. Because I doubt either of them are even remotely in the vicinity of "marriage" at the moment.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Yeah, I get that she was probably being facetious. But sometimes, with this show, it's hard to tell. They apparently want us to believe in insta-loves like that of Kate for Rafe or of Bradison or Bristen or Dannifer without bothering to take the time to show that love happen. It's irritating.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jul 6 2013, 01:36 PM
lysie
Jul 6 2013, 11:46 AM
Sweet and Salty
Jul 6 2013, 11:43 AM
camera shy
Jul 6 2013, 09:23 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Yes! My God, he's just a baby in my eyes! He has my Jacobs tender body yet! He's being grounded! Cute, adorable, but....we are adults here I assume!! *shudder*
A) Why would you assume everyone here is an adult?
B) JJ is hardly the first teenage sex symbol this or any show has had.
C) The actor is over 18 anyway.
I don't necessarily think all on this board are adults, but I do assume most are. I assume that because it is a daytime show. It's typically watched by adult homemakers, key word "typically". I know times are changing and we have SoapNet and D V R's. my circle of people who watch Days are adult women. I know one college girl who watches sporadically. High School teens are in school in the daytime, and busy with class work, as with college age kids. I, myself, began watching as a Senior in High School, so I can't and haven't said, that young people don't watch soaps! As far as keeping up with it, rarer than homemakers busy and active! I was NEVER able to keep up with it! It wasn't a priority! Most teens just are too busy!

Of course he's not the first teen sex symbol on Days! And I totally see him being one! He's adorable!! Beautiful, beautiful eyes!! He's going to be a "hottie" for the teen scene! Him being on the show may very well bring in younger viewers! This may be the very reason our veteran actors are being written off and/or fired! Bums me out, because I still believe it's and adult show, and WANT it to be written that way! That's just for my own entertainment! I enjoy the younger actors just fine, but in the context of family. Totally just MY wish! And this is TOTALLY how I see JJ being written. As a TEEN sex symbol! Not for adults to drool over! If I'm wrong about the age bracket of posters on this board, I "eat crow". But I doubt it! I will gladly admit "my bad" if everyone pipes up to being a teenager! Even though he IS 18, myself I think, though legal, it's as a mother, I dislike adults ogling young men. I dislike a lot of things and since I have two sons that age I suppose I'm more attune to how awkward that makes me feel. My sensitivities, I'm sure, are in the minority.

If its teens ogling over JJ's body, don't blame them a bit. If its adults, I may just quietly s
walk away from the board or keep my opinions on the matter to myself.

No sin is worse than any other, but sensitivities are individual. Nicks situation was extremely close to my heart. Extremely. In my "soap mind", maybe I'm being overprotective of JJ. Laugh if you want, we all do it! -_-

I HOPE so much, I haven't insulted anyone.
It's not any different than a whatever-aged man (or woman) ogling a nearly 20 year old woman.

Also, I'm fairly certain the average age on the messageboards is quite a bit lower than the average GA viewer age.

Anyway, that's just my two cents on the issue.
Online Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

:flipoff: JJ is hot there is no doubt about that.
I believe he will appeal to a teen audience.
I suppose a teen audience is attracted in the
summer time.Once School starts back the
DVRs are working over time.Nbc community
is always happy for fans to stop by and view
the show and pick up 50pts per viewing.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 7 2013, 11:43 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Pookie:
It was Chad that deleted the Video after
he accidentally emailed it to Sonny.Sonny accidentally
emailed it to Adrianne.I suppose Sonny deleted it after
it was sent to Adrianne.I dont see how these other events
would tie in.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic