Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Another look-a-like being cast for November sweeps...; First it's Nick...now it's....
Topic Started: Jul 7 2013, 07:41 PM (8,349 Views)
jam6242
Member Avatar

Maybe they're doing a flashback of when Kristen was younger. The taping dates of the look-alikes are a week apart so they may not even be related.
Edited by jam6242, Jul 10 2013, 10:26 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

I really need Susan to show up for November sweeps. It's been a year since Eileen Davidson started taping and we've seen nothing of Susan, I think it's time for her to come up and stir up some trouble, lol.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Unless this lookalike needs to take bumps, why in the hell are they casting 30 to 40 year old actresses. I'm really sick of this show glossing over the fact that the bitch is hitting mid-50s.

Will&Sonny

If this spoiler about Nick leads to the character being written off of the show (preferably in a body bag), I'm all for it.

That's probably too much to hope for, though.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Hugo
Jul 8 2013, 09:07 AM
[...]maybe now that Nick is pretty much redeemed[...]
Nick was redeemed? I must have missed that episode...

...while watching the show daily since 1995 without ever skipping a scene.

Lady Evol
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jul 10 2013, 12:15 PM
Unless this lookalike needs to take bumps, why in the hell are they casting 30 to 40 year old actresses. I'm really sick of this show glossing over the fact that the ostrich is hitting mid-50s.
Hahahahahaaaaaa this might be the best post on the whole site. :applause:

Graceland
Member Avatar

am103
Jul 10 2013, 11:20 AM
I really need Susan to show up for November sweeps. It's been a year since Eileen Davidson started taping and we've seen nothing of Susan, I think it's time for her to come up and stir up some trouble, lol.
Oh, Kris-tan!
Edited by Graceland, Jul 15 2013, 09:04 PM.

S loves EJ

Will&Sonny
Jul 10 2013, 01:29 PM
Hugo

I skipp a lot of scenes unless EJ is in it but even I notice that Nick has been redeemed, he saved Wills life, he change the birthcertificat so the right name got on it, so Im guessing he given custody back to Will aswell.

Anyway I love look a like stories except for the Rafe2 one.
Edited by S loves EJ, Jul 16 2013, 01:01 AM.

Will&Sonny

S loves EJ
Jul 16 2013, 12:59 AM
Will&Sonny
Jul 10 2013, 01:29 PM
Hugo

I skipp a lot of scenes unless EJ is in it but even I notice that Nick has been redeemed, he saved Wills life, he change the birthcertificat so the right name got on it, so Im guessing he given custody back to Will aswell.

Anyway I love look a like stories except for the Rafe2 one.
Will saved Nick's life, not the other way around.

Gabi wanted Will's name on the birth certificate, so Nick didn't really have anything to do with that. While he didn't fight Gabi on the matter, he really didn't have any room to do so, since his marriage had imploded at that point.

Some viewers might be willing to forgive Nick, but I'm nowhere near that point yet. As far as I'm concerned, he hasn't received nearly enough punishment for his actions yet. He's barely even received a tongue-lashing from anyone since Arianna was born. Of course, I'm ultimately fine with that, since he would have to be on-screen to receive said punishment or tongue-lashings, and I've rather enjoyed having him off of my screen for most of June and July. The worst part about today's episode was seeing his face.

S loves EJ

Its of course up to you if you want to forive Nick or not, but Nick was showned to care about Will when he was shoot as opposite to hating him just because he was gay, and the fact that Nick was raped made it more understandable why he would have a problem with gay people.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Why not just call up Tracy Melchior for the ED look alike? I always thought she would have been a perfect Kristen recast.

Posted Image

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Rick
Jul 16 2013, 02:20 AM
Why not just call up Tracy Melchior for the ED look alike? I always thought she would have been a perfect Kristen recast.

Posted Image

They do look pretty similar. I understand why they're trying to cast a younger actress to play Kristen doppleganger I mean it's not like ED actually looks her age anyway so what the point of casting someone in the age range who may look it? :shrug:

I would expect them to do the same with Hope and Kate if there should ever be a need for their dopplegangers, lol.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

Eileen does not look 30-40. She looks like a Hollywood 55. Which she is.

And no way do Lauren Koslow or Kristian Alfonso look like they could be in their 30's. With the amount of plastic Lauren has in her face, she could be 70 for all I can tell.
Edited by granolagirl, Jul 16 2013, 01:44 PM.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

am103
Jul 10 2013, 11:20 AM
Elvis needs his mama! Especially if he's going to marry Samanther...shouldn't the mother of the groom be there...all dressed up fancy like? (Susan & baby Elvis, 1997)
Posted Image

Starr

Oh, I hope there isn't another DAYSaster in November sweeps! I'd rather it be a doppleganger for Nick, even though I hate it when they use those. I find Nick interesting, in a quirky way, so I'd miss him if he were off the show. I love it when he is trying to be a good guy, misunderstood or not.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Does anyone remember a casting call going out for a man age range 40-60 I believe with an accent? English or Italian I can't remember which. I think there was a description of him having a good-natured personality? I'm trying to remember if it was for a contract role or not?

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

granolagirl
Jul 16 2013, 01:39 PM

And no way do Lauren Koslow or Kristian Alfonso look like they could be in their 30's. With the amount of plastic Lauren has in her face, she could be 70 for all I can tell.
in certain photos, Kristian does look ridiculously young. (not 20s young, but definitely not anywhere close to 49.) On average, I'd say that Kristian looks like she's in her early 40s, not about to turn 50 in a month & a half.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

Supergirlx2
Jul 16 2013, 11:19 PM
granolagirl

in certain photos, Kristian does look ridiculously young. (not 20s young, but definitely not anywhere close to 49.) On average, I'd say that Kristian looks like she's in her early 40s, not about to turn 50 in a month & a half.
She looks 49 to me except in shots that are "artfully" lit. And there's nothing wrong with that.

naptown
Member Avatar

FYI, Lauren Koslow just turned 60 this past year and looks fabulous! However, I hate that they keep trying to play it off like she's much younger. Even at 65, Dee looks too young for Marlena to be playing a great-grandmother too. Thanks to SORAS-ing, there is no continuity there and they write for theses actors like they write for the 20 and 30 somethings. Didn't Marlena get pregnant 8 or 9 years ago?

I've always loved Koslow as Kate, but it never set well with me in 2011 when they brought back the original actors, Lisa Rinna (who's 50) and Patrick Muldoon (who's 44) to play her kids. For that matter, Kate's granddaughter Chelsea played by Rachel Melvin is 28.

It also really irks me that they're treating Kristen like she's still in her 30's. ED is 54! They're still addressing the events from 16 years ago like they happened yesterday while the glaring error in all this, Little Elvis, is often in the same room, all grown up. And when he's not flirting with the woman who raised him the first year of his life, they're writing for these two like they're siblings who grew up in the same house. I thought it was creepy when they had her marry Tony who also her adopted brother 20 years ago, but this chummy relationship with EJ with no mention of Susan or any of the stuff that went on with her is just as bad.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

granolagirl
Jul 17 2013, 12:41 AM
Supergirlx2
Jul 16 2013, 11:19 PM
granolagirl

She looks 49 to me except in shots that are "artfully" lit. And there's nothing wrong with that.
we'll have to agree to disagree, since IMO there's no way Kristian looks like a typical 49 year old in:
this pic with Galen: http://pic.twitter.com/ulySI8S5vX
this pic with Kate from the Emmys: http://pic.twitter.com/yVfRBCcv1C
this pic with little Lauren: http://pic.twitter.com/nIZJ58SCC2

(and then compare those to this, for example: https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/321624_187412148003237_623459041_n.jpg (credit: KAFC Facebook page) from 2006)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply