Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Monday, July 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 8 2013, 07:10 AM (9,108 Views)
Ireland98

I tried to watch this EJ, Justin, Stefano stuff and I was bored. It's like a lot of beats were skipped over. I like to see more of Justin, but I don't see much on screen chemistry between Wally & James. Their scenes are awkward. Or maybe it's just that EJ and Justin working together still doesn't make sense to me. :shrug:

Will Dannifer ever go away? JJ creating issues for them is no different than all the other characters used in attempts to create angst for them. :drunk:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not buying all of these on-screen comments about the "inappropriate" age difference between J.J. and Theresa. I realize that Jen Lilley is nearly twenty-nine and Casey Moss is a few months away from being twenty (which some might consider to be an "inappropriate" age difference, although I'm not one of those people), but I don't believe that anyone who did not already know that information could take one look at Jen and Casey and guess that there was a nine-year age difference between them. Jen simply doesn't look that old, and Casey simply doesn't look that young. They both just look like young adults -- nothing more, nothing less. Which is appropriate, since that's what they are.

I also realize that Casey is playing a seventeen-year-old, which does make the age gap between J.J. and Theresa potentially "inappropriate" for legal reasons, but that doesn't change the fact that he and Jen just look like they could be around the same age -- whatever that age is. I can buy that Theresa overheard enough of J.J.'s conversation with Rory last Wednesday to figure out that he was not yet eighteen, since he and Rory were talking about the possibility of J.J.'s mother returning home and confiscating J.J.'s stash of weed during that conversation, so Theresa's comment about robbing the cradle last Thursday wasn't completely ridiculous, but I find it hard to believe that Jennifer was able to take one look at Theresa and know that Theresa was too old for J.J. Now, if the writers had waited until after Theresa had been hired as Jennifer's assistant to have her complain about Theresa's age, that would have made sense, since she would have then had a reason to know Theresa's date of birth.

Oh, and Jen Lilley is still just as obnoxious as she was on GH.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Re: the speculation about Kate being the one who has the straight razor, that wouldn't make sense to me, since Kate has said on more than one occasion that, while she still loathes Sami for many other reasons, she is genuinely grateful to Sami for saving Rafe's life. Making Sami pay for saving the life of someone whom Kate cares about wouldn't ring true to me, just like it wouldn't ring true to me if Kate suddenly tried to convince Lucas to take Allie away from Sami after repeatedly conceding that Sami was a good mother.

Kate already has a very natural reason to go after Sami that is currently playing out on-screen -- the theft of Mad World's anti-aging cream. She doesn't need to punish Sami for things that Kate actually benefited from. Besides, I don't believe that today's Kate would put Sami on death row as easily as the 90s era Kate did. This Kate has gained too much grudging respect for Sami's parenting skills and has too much to lose, since Will would disown her and forbid her from ever seeing Arianna again if he found out that she was responsible for sending Sami back to death row.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

I love the EJ/Justing dynamic.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

JoeBucs32
Jul 8 2013, 02:32 PM
The reason this Stefano/EJ/Justin story has no punch (yet) is because it's all happened off screen. It's been a series of telephone calls and a few Justin/EJ meetings and that's it. Kinda lame.

[...]

My prediction: Stefano will regain control by telling EJ he can produce the switchblade and save Sami from the death penalty! Or -- by saying he will make public all the evidence against Will.
Which is precisely why this storyline is stupid -- because E.J. knows that Stefano has the evidence that incriminates Will, and he at least suspects that Stefano has the evidence that could exonerate Sami, yet he's still arrogant enough to believe that he has the upper hand and is actually going to defeat Stefano. I'm sure that Justin wouldn't have gotten involved in this mess if he had known that Stefano was holding evidence that could send Sonny's boyfriend to prison.

It should be noted that, despite all of E.J.'s claims to the contrary, he has not changed at all -- he's still putting his own selfish desires ahead of Sami and Will's well-being (not to mention Johnny and Sydney's well-being -- and even Allie's well-being, since he was insisting a few months ago that he loved her, too -- since he is endangering their mother and their big brother with this ridiculous plan).

And Sami's going to look extremely foolish when she inevitably sleeps with and then forgives E.J. for gambling with her freedom, Will's freedom, and the welfare of her other children and granddaughter. Well, you know, as foolish as she can look at this point, after all of the...other things...that she has forgiven E.J. for doing to her and her family.

Not that I'm the least bit surprised, mind you -- I've said all along that E.J. has never and would never change. It never takes him long to prove that I'm right.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Jul 9 2013, 03:12 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jul 9 2013, 03:10 AM
JoeBucs32
The reason this Stefano/EJ/Justin story has no punch (yet) is because it's all happened off screen. It's been a series of telephone calls and a few Justin/EJ meetings and that's it. Kinda lame.

[...]

My prediction: Stefano will regain control by telling EJ he can produce the switchblade and save Sami from the death penalty! Or -- by saying he will make public all the evidence against Will.
Which is precisely why this storyline is stupid -- because E.J. knows that Stefano has the evidence that incriminates Will, and he at least suspects that Stefano has the evidence that could exonerate Sami, yet he's still arrogant enough to believe that he has the upper hand and is actually going to defeat Stefano. I'm sure that Justin wouldn't have gotten involved in this mess if he had known that Stefano was holding evidence that could send Sonny's boyfriend to prison.

It should be noted that, despite all of E.J.'s claims to the contrary, he has not changed at all -- he's still putting his own selfish desires ahead of Sami and Will's well-being (not to mention Johnny and Sydney's well-being -- and even Allie's well-being, since he was insisting a few months ago that he loved her, too -- since he is endangering their mother and their big brother with this ridiculous plan).

And Sami's going to look extremely foolish when she inevitably sleeps with and then forgives E.J. for gambling with her freedom, Will's freedom, and the welfare of her other children and granddaughter. Well, you know, as foolish as she can look at this point, after all of the...other things...that she has forgiven E.J. for doing to her and her family.

Not that I'm the least bit surprised, mind you -- I've said all along that E.J. has never and would never change. It never takes him long to prove that I'm right.
But I think to EJ, he has nothing to lose and only things to gain. He's not really risking anything because he didn't have any power over his father to begin with. Stefano has always had the ability to destroy Sami, Will and whoever else he wanted whenever the whim strikes him. At least if EJ succeeds in stealing all his father's assets, he may have a chance to gain the upper hand because Stefano will lack resources to carry out his plans. And EJ has indicated repeatedly that he wants to gain control to protect his family from Stefano as much as to enact revenge on him. So while i agree EJ will ultimately fail and that it was foolhardy for him to think he could actually defeat his father, I don't think EJ's intentions are bad here.
Edited by tomsawyer, Jul 9 2013, 03:32 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Will&Sonny
Jul 9 2013, 02:50 AM
Re: the speculation about Kate being the one who has the straight razor, that wouldn't make sense to me, since Kate has said on more than one occasion that, while she still loathes Sami for many other reasons, she is genuinely grateful to Sami for saving Rafe's life. Making Sami pay for saving the life of someone whom Kate cares about wouldn't ring true to me, just like it wouldn't ring true to me if Kate suddenly tried to convince Lucas to take Allie away from Sami after repeatedly conceding that Sami was a good mother.

Kate already has a very natural reason to go after Sami that is currently playing out on-screen -- the theft of Mad World's anti-aging cream. She doesn't need to punish Sami for things that Kate actually benefited from. Besides, I don't believe that today's Kate would put Sami on death row as easily as the 90s era Kate did. This Kate has gained too much grudging respect for Sami's parenting skills and has too much to lose, since Will would disown her and forbid her from ever seeing Arianna again if he found out that she was responsible for sending Sami back to death row.
A few weeks ago, watching Sami happily walk off with EJ, she said to herself Sami going to prison might do everyone some good. Doesn't sound like she was thinking of what that would do to Sami's kids if she did.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

tomsawyer
Jul 9 2013, 03:27 AM
I think to EJ, he has nothing to lose and only things to gain. He's not really risking anything because he didn't have any power over his father to begin with. Stefano has always had the control and could destroy Sami, Will and whoever else he wanted whenever the whim strikes him. At least if EJ succeeds in stealing all his father's assets, he may have a chance to gain the upper hand. And EJ has indicated repeatedly that he wants to gain control to protect his family as much as to enact revenge on Stefano. So while its obviously foolhardy to think he can actually defeat his father, I don't think EJ's intentions are bad here.
I fail to see how stealing DiMera Enterprises from Stefano is going to give E.J. the upper hand or protect his family from Stefano. Stefano doesn't need a company to exact revenge. Stefano doesn't need a mansion to make him a threat to Sami and Will. All that Stefano needs is the evidence that he already has, the bloodthirsty need for revenge that he has always possessed, and a reason to combine the two. Nothing that E.J. has done is going to suddenly neutralize Stefano.

Even if E.J.'s seizure of DiMera Enterprises and the DiMera mansion has somehow inexplicably managed to leave Stefano penniless and turn every last goon that Stefano has ever had against him, Stefano is still Stefano -- the person who built his empire once and can do it again, the person who made his connections once and can do it again, and the person who has committed heinous acts before and wouldn't hesitate to commit them again. The only thing that E.J. could take away from Stefano that would truly neutralize him is Stefano's life.

The way that I see it, E.J. has nothing to gain and everything to lose. Oh, but wait -- he won't be the one who loses in the end, because Sami, Will, and other members of E.J.'s so-called "family" will likely be hurt as a result of this scheme, not E.J. And since E.J. only truly cares about himself, that's probably fine with him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

camera shy
Jul 9 2013, 03:31 AM
Will&Sonny

A few weeks ago, watching Sami happily walk off with EJ, she said to herself Sami going to prison might do everyone some good. Doesn't sound like she was thinking of what that would do to Sami's kids if she did.
She did, but she also prefaced that comment with a genuine statement of the fact that, for once, she actually felt sorry for Sami. Kate also stressed earlier in that same episode that she was on Sami's side.

In any case, I didn't take the comment in question as a hint that Kate intended to ensure that Sami would be spending a few years in prison. To me, it seemed like Kate was just musing about the fact that Sami's life was chaotic and "everyone" (and, to be clear, it seemed to me that "everyone" in this case was just "Will, Arianna, and, by extension, Gabi and Sonny") would have a less complicated life if Sami was confined to a cell for a while. And that's probably true, to some extent, but that doesn't mean that Kate is going to punish Sami for saving Rafe's life, jeopardizing her own relationship with Will and Arianna in the process, in order to test that theory.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

tomsawyer
Will&Sonny
JoeBucs32

[...]

But I think to EJ, he has nothing to lose and only things to gain. He's not really risking anything because he didn't have any power over his father to begin with. Stefano has always had the ability to destroy Sami, Will and whoever else he wanted whenever the whim strikes him. At least if EJ succeeds in stealing all his father's assets, he may have a chance to gain the upper hand because Stefano will lack resources to carry out his plans. And EJ has indicated repeatedly that he wants to gain control to protect his family from Stefano as much as to enact revenge on him. So while i agree EJ will ultimately fail and that it was foolhardy for him to think he could actually defeat his father, I don't think EJ's intentions are bad here.

Stefano didnīt have a reason to use the evidence against Will Before do now, so I donīt think it makes sense that EJ would steal Stefanoīs assets knowing that he has the evidence, still there is a lot of things that doesnīt make sense on this soaps so I have stop caring if it makes sense or not as long as I love it, and I loved how happy EJ got when he got the good news and did that spin with Justin. Oh and I though Sami looked good in pink.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

S loves EJ
Jul 9 2013, 06:54 AM
tomsawyer
Will&Sonny
JoeBucs32

[...]

Stefano didnīt have a reason to use the evidence against Will Before do now, so I donīt think it makes sense that EJ would steal Stefanoīs assets knowing that he has the evidence, still there is a lot of things that doesnīt make sense on this soaps so I have stop caring if it makes sense or not as long as I love it, and I loved how happy EJ got when he got the good news and did that spin with Justin. Oh and I though Sami looked good in pink.
Stefano's MO is usually to hold onto whatever he has on purpose and strike at the most opportune time. Since we now know that apparently Stefano has been in on whatever Ej and Justin have been planning for some time and purposely has lead Ej believe that he is in the dark, I'm assuming that the reason Stefano hasn't utilized the information he has to bring down Will before now is that he was saving it to strike while the iron is hot. I just don't get how Ej, knowing that Will can go down for his shooting and suspecting that not only was Stefano involved in Rafe's attempted murder but also in whatever Bernardi was planning to do to him, can so easily continue to move forward without even thinking that if he pisses off Stefano he can not only send Will to the slammer but he can bring down Sami too. It just seems that Ej is just so narrow minded that he only is thinking about himself here and not even worrying what this might to do someone he loves apparently. Yesterday was just so striking....not only is he keeping Sami in the dark about what he has done with Justin, but he conveniently told Sami to go see Rafe.....so that the coast was clear for him to talk to Justin. IDK, it just seems that Ej truly hasn't changed at all.....and I really don't doubt it that we'll find that he is the one that has had the blade this entire time....it just feels that not only is his timing for this take over all wrong, but he truly isn't even thinking of the consequences of what he's doing.....unless of course he doesn't give a crap who gets hurt as a result....
Online Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 9 2013, 07:41 AM
S loves EJ
Jul 9 2013, 06:54 AM
tomsawyer
Will&Sonny

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepwhy this storyline is stupid -- because E.J. knows that Stefano has the evidence that incriminates Will, and he at least suspects that Stefano has the evidence that could exonerate Sami, yet he's still arrogant enough to believe that he has the upper hand and is actually going to defeat Stefano. I'm sure that Justin wouldn't have gotten involved in this mess if he had known that Stefano was holding evidence that could send Sonny's boyfriend to prison.

Stefano's MO is usually to hold onto whatever he has on purpose and strike at the most opportune time. Since we now know that apparently Stefano has been in on whatever Ej and Justin have been planning for some time and purposely has lead Ej believe that he is in the dark, I'm assuming that the reason Stefano hasn't utilized the information he has to bring down Will before now is that he was saving it to strike while the iron is hot. I just don't get how Ej, knowing that Will can go down for his shooting and suspecting that not only was Stefano involved in Rafe's attempted murder but also in whatever Bernardi was planning to do to him, can so easily continue to move forward without even thinking that if he pisses off Stefano he can not only send Will to the slammer but he can bring down Sami too. It just seems that Ej is just so narrow minded that he only is thinking about himself here and not even worrying what this might to do someone he loves apparently. Yesterday was just so striking....not only is he keeping Sami in the dark about what he has done with Justin, but he conveniently told Sami to go see Rafe.....so that the coast was clear for him to talk to Justin. IDK, it just seems that Ej truly hasn't changed at all.....and I really don't doubt it that we'll find that he is the one that has had the blade this entire time....it just feels that not only is his timing for this take over all wrong, but he truly isn't even thinking of the consequences of what he's doing.....unless of course he doesn't give a crap who gets hurt as a result....
Ej told Sami not point finger to Stefano because Stefano had evidence against will
Online Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

I think EJ thinks he his protecting his family even if he is stupid for thinking that (unless he got something more up his sleeves that we donīt know about), because he does care who gets hurt.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

S loves EJ
Jul 9 2013, 08:14 AM
I think EJ thinks he his protecting his family even if he is stupid for thinking that (unless he got something more up his sleeves that we donīt know about), because he does care who gets hurt.
I've always thought that Ej is an idiot.....and every day I get reminded that he is....how can he possibly think that he's protecting his family.....he can't think that....he's pretty much putting them in grave danger by going up against his father.....

I don't agree that he cares who he hurts....he's continued to prove that he doesn't give a crap about who he hurts.

Something has to be up with Ej....because none of his actions make sense....how can he tell Sami in one breath not to point the finger at Stefano because he has evidence against Will, but then turn around and continue to do something that can potentially piss off Stefano enough to actually make him bring Will and others down....
Online Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

As Tomsawyer said EJ has indicated that he wants to protect his family from Stefano aswell as get revenge on him. I donīt know why he would think that though, maybe that bullet did some brain damage.

EJ has hurt Sami in the past when they havenīt been together and when he has been angry with her, but now he is written to be inlove with her so he wouldnīt intentially hurt her now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

Or maybe it was Everett that wanted to protect Sami, but he was locked up in the basement by EJ.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PatNS
Member Avatar

Please note: This report is not to be copied and pasted to any other sites. Please link only. Link to summary archive:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635/

Director: Grant A. Johnson
Scriptwriter: Richard Culliton

Segment 1: Rafe is dreaming that he's coming out of the coffeehouse and runs into Sami. She tells him he looks great. She's so glad to see him again. He tells her he has to go and starts walking away. She yells - No, I won't lose you again. She pulls out a gun and shoots. Alarms start sounding in his hospital room.

Jen comes into the coffeehouse and Dan is there. Awkward moment. She asks how Rafe is doing. Dan informs her that they started the process of bringing him out of the coma. He's going back to the hospital now to check on him. Jen says Rafe will be fine because he has the best care. Dan starts to leave. She asks him how his 4th of July was. He turns and says Jen, we are so not going to do this.

Rory and JJ meet up at the lake. Rory asks JJ what's going to happen if his mom finds out he blew off study hall. The older woman walks by after a swim. Rory and JJ ogle her.

Sami and EJ come into the living room. Sami is gushing about what a great day it is. The kids are at day camp, she isn't facing murder charges and with the anti-aging cream they stole they get to stick it to Kate.

Kayla, Kate and Gabi rush into Rafe's room. Kate asks what's happening to him. Gabi - Is he going to be alright.

EJ declares that life is good. Actually I have a feeling that it's going to get a lot better. EJ gets a call. Justin, what have you got for me. Justin - A big problem.

Stefano is on his private jet pouring champagne for him and his Cecily.

Gabi - Is this it? Is he coming out of the coma?

Jen apologises. He's right, they can't do this. She asks if he can tell her how Parker is doing. Dan took him to see Chloe for the first time. They were both thrilled to see each other. Jen - Does that mean she's coming back?

EJ sees Sami reading a text and asks if it's bad news. No, it's from her Dad. They're going to bring Rafe out of the coma today.

Kayla tells them that Rafe's vitals are normal. He's fine. Gabi asks what happened. Kayla guesses that he had a nightmare. It's common for coma patients to have really vivid dreams. Gabi asks how long it will be before he wakes up. Kayla tells her there's no exact process or timetable. Kate - But the process is still going on? Kayla - Right, and Daniel is on his way back to monitor the process. We don't think it will be much longer before he wakes up. Kate - But he is going to wake up ... you're promising that.

Rafe dreams that he is in bed and Kate wakes him up telling him she has to go. He protests - We still have time. Kate - Do we? I'm scared. No one can find out about us. She leaves. He turns and sees Stefano standing there with a sword. Stefano strikes!

The pilot announces they will be in Salem within the hour. Stefano - Salut! To my homecoming!

Segment 2: Dan asks if she's worried about Chloe because she's not going to bother her. Jen isn't. She just cares about what is going on in his and Parker's life; she can't flip a switch and pretend she doesn't care. Dan wants nothing more than to share his life with her, every detail like how he and Chloe are slowly going to share custody. He wants to know about Abigail, work and the new assistant she's getting and especially how she's doing with JJ because I know how much you love your son and it breaks your heart that he's having a rough time. But you can't have it both ways. We're supposed to be taking some kind of break which means you want me to stay away from you so, as you expressed it, JJ will have you in his life and I really won't be complicating it. What's frustrating about this is I know, and I'm pretty sure down deep you do too, that my leaving you alone is not going to be good for JJ. In fact it's going to be worse.

Rory tells JJ that is the definition of out of your league. JJ tells the loser to split. Rory thought they were going to talk business. JJ says later besides after just getting arrested, I have to lie low. Rory - You do, I don't. I can be your wing man. JJ says it's a solo act. Rory declares that JJ is going to crash and brush. Good luck. He leaves. JJ goes to the older woman and tries to act cool. She thought he was going to hook her up.

Kayla tells them there are a few things she wants them to know before Rafe wakes up. Abe knocks and comes in. He just wanted to check in and see how Rafe is doing. Kayla was just about to fill Kate and Gabi in on what to expect when he wakes up. Abe asks if it's okay if he stays. Kayla - If it's okay with Gabi. Of course he can stay. Kayla - I want you to be prepared for the fact that when he wakes up he may not know where he is or how he got here. Kate - Will there be memory loss? Kayla - It's a possibility but in most cases the patient's memory is intact. What he'll have more of a problem with is re-orienting himself to time and place. Gabi - What does that mean? Kayla - He may not be able to differentiate between what's happening in the present time to what his mind is telling him when he was in the coma. This confusion can go on for a few days or in some cases a few weeks. Gabi - Is there anything we can do to help him with that? Kayla - You're already doing it by just being here. When he gets faced with those challenges just being around people he loves will help him a lot.

EJ asks Sami if she was planning to go to the hospital to be there when Rafe wakes up. No. EJ thinks that since Rafe was bringing Johnny the FBI jacket when he was attacked he's going to want to thank her for saving his life. It's important to me that you understand that I'm not threatened or bothered by the fact that on some level I recognise you still do care about him. Sami - Does it seem like we've actually grown up? EJ - God, I hope not. Sami decides that maybe she will stop at the hospital on her way to see Eric. EJ - You should. Take your time. As soon as she leaves EJ calls Justin. What the hell is going on. Justin is in the park. Mr. Shin in Hong Kong is holding us up again and the board meeting of the London subsidiary has been pushed back. EJ - This has to happen today, do you understand? Or this will all come crashing down on our heads. Get over here now. Justin - Take it easy EJ. The worst thing we could do is panic. EJ - I'm not panicking. EJ paces and starts talking to the portrait. And don't you start gloating. I've got a few more moves left up my sleeve, believe me!

Segment 3: Abe comes into Kayla's office. He thought he'd give Gabi some alone time with her brother. Kate is making some calls. So you don't have an idea of when Rafe might regain consciousness. Kayla - No, but we're hoping within the hour. You told Gabi there could be memory loss. Kayla - Yes but I also said it could be intact when he wakes up. Abe - But if it's not? Kayla - He could have lost the last 6 months or even the year. I keep thinking about Kate. If he doesn't remember the last 6 months, he's going to be so surprised to see her sitting there when he wakes up. Abe - And if he doesn't remember the last year or so ... Kayla - He's going to think he's still married to Sami. But no matter what he remembers or what he's thinking we're not really going to know until he wakes up.

EJ is on the phone. Mr. Shin, I thought you and I had come to a clear understanding on the new direction of DiMera Enterprises and you're role within that company. I appreciate and applaud your support of my father however if we look at some of his recent business decisions I think that we can both agree that he's not quite the man he used to be. Justin comes in during the conversation. Very well, I'll call you back in a half an hour. Just something to think about, Mr. Shin. There is one thing I learned from my father and that's you make an example of people that break their promises. He hangs up. Justin - That was a little heavy-handed, don't you think? EJ - That was a promise and speaking of promises, you promised me all my ducks would be in a row. Justin - I think you underestimated your father's ability to balance business with whatever pleasure he might be pursuing at the time. Justin gets a call. Mr. Benedict, thank you very much for calling me back. Yes, I have EJ right here. He hands the phone over. EJ - Reggie, good to talk to you. Just wanted a quick word with you ... let's talk about your new role in the new regime.

Jen - I guess there's nothing to say. Dan - I think I just proved that I'm right. When we don't talk like we used to I get frustrated and say things that hurt you. Jen - I know that you don't mean them. I know you're frustrated and that I'm asking a lot. I just need a little time to focus on JJ. Dan - To make sure nothing upsets him because he's made it very clear our relationship upsets him. I understand that but that doesn't mean he gets to call all the shots. I understand that you're afraid. You think he's going to walk in on us and see something that will push him over the edge. But he wants you to feel that guilt. Jen - He's so lost and he knows that you don't like him. Dan - He is terrorizing you. He is making you give up someone you love in return for maybe, possibly acting responsibly? That is no way for a young man to learn how things work in this world. Jen - Okay. Just come back to me when Parker is a teenager. Do you think that I don't know that I'm being manipulated? But this is my son and he is so lost and I'm scared to death for him. I have to do everything I can to fight my way back into his life. Do you understand that? Dan - And that's what gets me; the way you fight for your kids. I do love that about you so I have to keep my distance from you and I'm begging you to do the same for me. Please, because it's only fair. Jen gets it. Dan leaves. Cue flashback of their argument at Dan's apt. Jen gets a call. Yes I'm JJ's mother. He what!

JJ only deals to friends and I don't even know your name. Theresa. JJ - Just one name? Eventually I'll get to know everything about you. Theresa tells him it will have to be later. She has this thing she has to get to. JJ offers to help. How about a phone number. Theresa - If I need you, I'll find you. She leaves. JJ gets a call from Jen. Where are you? JJ - I'm actually on my way to study hall. I'm running a little late. Jen - Stop lying and get your butt down to my office now!

Abe is back in Rafe's room with Gabi. I want you to know everyone on the force is pulling for Rafe. They're willing to do whatever it takes to help him recover. Gabi - Thank you, that really means a lot. Can I ask you something? I know the Grand Jury believes that Sami was trying to protect Rafe but do they have any idea why that detective was trying to hurt him? I heard they were friends. He even bought a baby gift from the store where I was registered. Abe - I have no idea about Bernardi's motivations. I hope that when Rafe wakes up and he's had some time to heal that he'll be able to help clear things up. So does Gabi. Abe - How's the baby? Gabi - She's great. Will has her today. This picture is actually from this morning. Abe - She's beautiful. Gabi - I take one every morning and replace the one in the frame with it. I wanted him to see her as she is when he opens his eyes. I save all the other ones. I really want my brother to feel that he hasn't missed a moment.

Sami walks up to Kate near the nurse's station. Is Rafe awake? Kate - No. I'm sure he knows better than to come out of his month long coma until it suits your schedule. Sami - EJ and I have this new product that is going to be absolutely fantastic for you. You should try it. It's never too late. Kate - Where are you going? Sami - To see Rafe. Kate grabs her arm - Like hell you are.

Segment 4: Kayla is in Jen's office. The whole family appreciates it. Jen - I'm happy to help. I'm sure it will be fine. JJ knocks and comes into the room. Kayla gives JJ a hug before leaving. JJ - Okay mom, I get that you're upset but I don't think you should swear at me. Jen - I didn't. I told you to get your butt down here. But I don't think you get anything. And I don't want to hear one of your explanations and I don't want to hear your analysis of my flaws. This time I'm going to be the one talking and you're going to listen.

EJ - Of course Reggie. I think this is going to work out splendidly for both of us. After the call he mutters 'Supercilious twit!' Justin - You just promised that supercilious twit an even bigger slice of the pie you know. EJ - What the Lord giveth the Lord can take away. Now let's think about this shall we? That's London so we're just waiting for Shin in Hong Kong, right? Justin hands over a paper to EJ. I think I found something that might help us persuade Mr. Shin. EJ sighs. It's a bit of a Hail Mary. Justin - Yeah, but you throw the Hail Mary pass whenever you ain't got nothing else. EJ - If this doesn't work my father is going to know exactly what I'm trying to do and who helped me. Justin - I'll pray, you dial.

Stefano is on his cell. I understand that Justin Kiriakis is involved. Now you are reassuring me that the problem with my son is now taken care of. Excellent! Look he's going to find out soon enough. I think it's time that we keep Elvis in the dark a little while longer.

Sami - What is your problem Kate? Kate - The last thing Rafe needs when he wakes up is to see you there wanting an 'atta boy' for discharging your firearm over his comatose body. Sami - One, you gave me that weapon and two, I shot the man who was going to kill him. Kate - Why don't you give yourself a medal. As Kayla said, Rafe needs to be surrounded by people who love him, not self-aggrandizing, narcissists like you. Sami - Now you're projecting, huh? Kate - No matter what you tell yourself you left Rafe for EJ. Rafe doesn't know that you saved his life. All he knows is that you broke his heart. Sami - You don't get to tell me how I feel about Rafe. He's my ex-husband. He was practically a father to my children. Kate - All of that is in the past tense because of your doing. Sami - You know what I'm hoping right now? Rafe has a little bit of memory loss so he doesn't have to subject himself to remembering any of his time ... I don't want to think about it. Kate - This isn't about me and this isn't about you and your petty jealousies. It's about Rafe. But of course you are you and nothing I or anyone else says is ever going to change you. Sami - You got that right. Kate - So why don't you barge on into that room and make yourself the center of attention. I'm not going to stop you. Sami - You've got that right too. Dan walks up. Kate - I need to talk to you about Rafe.

The nurse tells Gabi everything is fine. Gabi thanks her and sits down on Rafe's bed. Sami comes in. Gabi - Hey Sami. Sami stares at Rafe. I was wondering if it's okay for me to be here. Gabi - Of course it's okay. My brother wouldn't be here if it weren't for you.

Dan tells Kate that the trauma to Rafe's body was substantial. Even though we did everything we could to heal those wounds while he was in the coma Rafe's total immobility will demand a lot of physical therapy. Kate - Will he be able to walk? Dan won't know that until we wakes up. But it's unlikely he'll even be able to stand. He's going to be like a baby, learning all of those motor skills all over again. But he's not going to get to that part until we're sure he's mentally adjusted to coming out of the coma. Kate - It worries me that he's going to be so frustrated. For a guy that would do anything to help anyone, he just hates needing help. Dan - You know him pretty well. Kate - That's not difficult. He's a completely open book; a refreshing change from the other men in my life. Dan - Whatever happens between you and Rafe is really none of my business. Kate - Nevertheless it's inappropriate, right? Dan - I'm going to say that I'm glad that my friend Rafe had so many strong, stubborn women in his corner to help him through. Kate - That's a right, nice thing to say Doctor. A nurse comes to him. I think Detective Hernandez is starting to wake up.

Gabi tells Sami that Kayla said he's probably going to be confused at first. Sami - It will be our job to set him straight; what else is new, right? Abe - Wait, look ... Rafe stirs.

Segment 5: Jen - So how long have you been back and how many times have you screwed up? JJ whines - Mom. Jen doesn't want to hear it. I'm going to talk and you're going to listen to me. I set the punishment for your shoplifting. I grounded you and took away all of your screens but apparently that isn't enough. And seeing as you chose to leave school grounds during your lunch hour and not return to school in time for study hall now I am taking away all of your lunch money. JJ - So you're going to let me starve. Jen - No. There's going to be food in the fridge and brown bags in the drawer. You can get up 15 mins earlier and make your lunch before you leave for school or you starve. I'll leave that completely up to you. JJ - Almost nobody brings lunch. Jen snaps - Almost nobody shoplifts! I am telling you right now Mr, you are walking the straight and narrow. No more partying, no more bringing inappropriately aged women into our home. In fact to make it easy for you, no one is allowed into our home at this point. So rule of thumb, if it sounds fun to you, don't do it. JJ - You really have it in for me, don't you? Jen - And finally I need you to tell me that you understand. JJ - Very loud, very clear. As he's leaving she calls out - Enjoy detention. She mutters God, Jack, what has happened to our son?

EJ - Well Mr. Shin, if that is how you feel. Just one more thing ... Justin hands him the paper ... it came to my attention that your son is applying to attend a rather prestigious Ivy League law school. Well I have rather close ties to the school, several friends and colleagues on the advisory board. And if you like, I could make a telephone call. Of course, I would only be too happy to help. Of course, we want to put our children first at all times, don't we. You'll be hearing from the Dean shortly. I look forward to seeing you and your son the next time I'm in Hong Kong. After the call Justin says - Nicely done. EJ - It's sort of ironic, isn't it? That the fate of Stefano DiMera who would not lift a finger to help his son is sealed by a man who would do anything for his. Justin - Let's just hope that all your bribes and cajoling holds until at least the vote occurs. If your father is able to get to even one single board member and turn him ... EJ - There's no point in speculating. This vote is going to happen in the next 5 mins. The axe is going to fall Justin. We just have to hope it's on his neck, not ours.

The pilot announces that they're beginning their descent into Salem. Stefano wonders why he has the feeling that his son is not going to be happy to see him.

Sami - I just realised the last time I saw Rafe I killed someone. Dan and Kate come into the room. Gabi - He's moving but he's not opening his eyes. Is he having another dream? Dan can't answer that but he can tell her that everything is going smoothly. Rafe opens his eyes. The first person he sees is Gabi and then Kate, Abe and then Sami. The alarms sound. Gabi - What's happening? Is something wrong. Rafe keeps staring at Sami.

Segment 6: JJ comes back into his mom's office. I forgot my backpack. Do you want me yell at me for that too? Theresa turns the chair around - Would you like me to? JJ - What are you doing in my mom's office.

EJ and Justin both get calls at the same time. Smiles all around. Justin - My condolences, you are now in complete control of DiMera Enterprises. They start laughing. EJ picks up Justin and spins him around. Justin - Congratulations EJ. EJ - Thank you! He hugs him again. Justin - I have to get going. Before I go I have to tell you something. I found out that Stefano, for tax shelter purposes, put the deed of this house in the name of one of his corporations. So now, not only did you take his company, you also own his home. He leaves. EJ laughs. There are going to be some changes around here old man and you, YOU are going to the be first to go.

Kate - He's reacting to Sami. Sami - Oh stop it Kate. Sami insists someone was trying to kill him. Dan - Would you please get her out of here. Sami - No. Kate - Sami, can't you see what you're doing to him? Go. Abe ushers her out. Sami - No way! It was not because of me. Rafe would never react to me like that, never!

Segment 7: Jen comes in and sees JJ and the older woman in her office. Give me a break. JJ - I just came back for my backpack. I have no idea what she's doing here. Theresa - I can explain. She holds out her hand. I'm your new assistant.

Dan - His vitals are good. I'm going to leave him alone with you for a little bit. Just sit here, don't talk. Let him set the pace. Offer as little stimulation as possible. Just seeing you will be enough. He leaves. Sami asks Dan how Rafe is. Dan - He's fine. Abe - Can I go in? Dan - Yeah, but don't say anything; just be with him. Sami starts following Abe. Dan - Not you. Sami - What! I have to go in there and see for myself that he's okay. Dan - You Don't. That big spike in Rafe's heart rate and blood pressure seems to be caused by seeing you. Sami - Come on! That's ridiculous. I saved his life. Dan - He doesn't know that. Now he's starting a long, slow process and I'm not going to let you or anyone else that upsets him near him. Sami - Alright, I'll give him a few minutes to calm down. Dan - Sami, I'm not going to let you near him until I decide there is no medical or psychological risk. Sami - Okay.

EJ is lighting a cigar when Stefano and Cicely enter the living room. EJ - Oh look, the prodigal father returns. Stefano - Hello my son. You remember my friend Cicely. EJ - Gwendolyn's in the car, is she. Cicely - Very amusing I'm sure. EJ - If you would excuse me Cicely, I need to have a word with my father in private. Stefano tells her that Harold will show her a room where she can powder her nose. She grabs a bottle of champagne and a glass, take your time. Stefano - I must say, yes, yes, yes, it's good to be home. EJ - It is good, isn't it, but it's not home. Don't make yourself too comfortable Father, once your little friend gets back from powdering her nose I want you out of my house. Stefano laughs. That's a good joke.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jul 9 2013, 09:01 AM
As Tomsawyer said EJ has indicated that he wants to protect his family from Stefano aswell as get revenge on him. I donīt know why he would think that though, maybe that bullet did some brain damage.

EJ has hurt Sami in the past when they havenīt been together and when he has been angry with her, but now he is written to be inlove with her so he wouldnīt intentially hurt her now.
Of course he would...this is a soap and Ej has always concocted plans that don't end up working and hurt others. Ej wants what he wants and foolishly thinks he can have it all... the word delusional comes to mind.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

Yes exactly he is delusional, he doesnīt think it will hurt anyone even though it most likely will.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny

Kate saying that Sami is a good mother is a new thing, when all the characters started kissing her ass without her doing anything to earn it. Now it's simply announced, as if it makes it anymore true than when people annouce that Taniel is a wonderful person :ermmmm:

She's always been a selfish mother willing to use and abandon her children on a dime to get what she wants, it's just that now she never gets called out on it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic