Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Monday, July 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 8 2013, 07:10 AM (9,100 Views)
Lil
Member Avatar

This episode was a lot of WTFery for me...

Tan & Jen blech. Please you broke up yesterday for fuck's sake.

Rafe's reaction to SlamPig WAS pretty funny though.

And Stefano & Cecily were all kinds of hilarity.

EJ taking Steffy down...pffft...Please. What a dud of a story. EJ & Justin on the phone. Boooooring. Hope Stefano is soooo on to him and EJ fails. but when that happens, I'd like to actually see HOW it happens.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Also, I have decided that I already can't stand Jen Lilley. She is going to be my new Melanie, I fear. I don't know if it's her voice or what but I find her incredibly irritating.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jul 9 2013, 09:29 AM
Yes exactly he is delusional, he doesnīt think it will hurt anyone even though it most likely will.
Right. Like I said, I think EJ is being foolhardy and arrogant in thinking his plan work, but that doesn't mean he is ill-intended. He obviously thinks he can both defeat Stefano AND protect his family. In fact, his dialogue has shown that he thinks the best way to protect his family IS to defeat Stefano. Now, he's obviously over-estimating his abilities (which is pretty in character for EJ) and his family will likely suffer the consequences. But it's EJ's arrogance that is to blame, not a lack of concern for what happens to his loved ones.
Online Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

tomsawyer
Jul 9 2013, 12:56 PM
S loves EJ
Jul 9 2013, 09:29 AM
Yes exactly he is delusional, he doesnīt think it will hurt anyone even though it most likely will.
Right. Like I said, I think EJ is being foolhardy and arrogant in thinking his plan work, but that doesn't mean he is ill-intended. He obviously thinks he can both defeat Stefano AND protect his family. In fact, his dialogue has shown that he thinks the best way to protect his family IS to defeat Stefano. Now, he's obviously over-estimating his abilities (which is pretty in character for EJ) and his family will likely suffer the consequences. But it's EJ's arrogance that is to blame, not a lack of concern for what happens to his loved ones.

Yeah I guess I said the same thing you already had, I didnīt read your post carefully enough I missed the foolhardy and arrogant part. Anyway itīs okey if EJ is foolish itīs not for his brain that I love him he got other assets.
Edited by S loves EJ, Jul 9 2013, 02:36 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jul 9 2013, 03:27 AM
Will&Sonny
Jul 9 2013, 03:10 AM
JoeBucs32
Jul 8 2013, 02:32 PM
The reason this Stefano/EJ/Justin story has no punch (yet) is because it's all happened off screen. It's been a series of telephone calls and a few Justin/EJ meetings and that's it. Kinda lame.

[...]

My prediction: Stefano will regain control by telling EJ he can produce the switchblade and save Sami from the death penalty! Or -- by saying he will make public all the evidence against Will.
Which is precisely why this storyline is stupid -- because E.J. knows that Stefano has the evidence that incriminates Will, and he at least suspects that Stefano has the evidence that could exonerate Sami, yet he's still arrogant enough to believe that he has the upper hand and is actually going to defeat Stefano. I'm sure that Justin wouldn't have gotten involved in this mess if he had known that Stefano was holding evidence that could send Sonny's boyfriend to prison.

It should be noted that, despite all of E.J.'s claims to the contrary, he has not changed at all -- he's still putting his own selfish desires ahead of Sami and Will's well-being (not to mention Johnny and Sydney's well-being -- and even Allie's well-being, since he was insisting a few months ago that he loved her, too -- since he is endangering their mother and their big brother with this ridiculous plan).

And Sami's going to look extremely foolish when she inevitably sleeps with and then forgives E.J. for gambling with her freedom, Will's freedom, and the welfare of her other children and granddaughter. Well, you know, as foolish as she can look at this point, after all of the...other things...that she has forgiven E.J. for doing to her and her family.

Not that I'm the least bit surprised, mind you -- I've said all along that E.J. has never and would never change. It never takes him long to prove that I'm right.
But I think to EJ, he has nothing to lose and only things to gain. He's not really risking anything because he didn't have any power over his father to begin with. Stefano has always had the ability to destroy Sami, Will and whoever else he wanted whenever the whim strikes him. At least if EJ succeeds in stealing all his father's assets, he may have a chance to gain the upper hand because Stefano will lack resources to carry out his plans. And EJ has indicated repeatedly that he wants to gain control to protect his family from Stefano as much as to enact revenge on him. So while i agree EJ will ultimately fail and that it was foolhardy for him to think he could actually defeat his father, I don't think EJ's intentions are bad here.
But the stupid thing is EJ handed all that power to Stefano.

If he hadn't pressed Samanther to go to Stefano for help so he could get her to live in the mansion Stefano wouldn't have had Will's evidence.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Stefano has great taste in women.

Kate and Cecily looked exquisite.
Loved Kate's necklace.

What on earth were they making Gabi wear.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

I'm going to miss Rate.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

TreasureCove
Jul 9 2013, 10:16 AM
Will&Sonny
Jul 9 2013, 02:50 AM
Re: the speculation about Kate being the one who has the straight razor, that wouldn't make sense to me, since Kate has said on more than one occasion that, while she still loathes Sami for many other reasons, she is genuinely grateful to Sami for saving Rafe's life. Making Sami pay for saving the life of someone whom Kate cares about wouldn't ring true to me, just like it wouldn't ring true to me if Kate suddenly tried to convince Lucas to take Allie away from Sami after repeatedly conceding that Sami was a good mother.

Kate already has a very natural reason to go after Sami that is currently playing out on-screen -- the theft of Mad World's anti-aging cream. She doesn't need to punish Sami for things that Kate actually benefited from. Besides, I don't believe that today's Kate would put Sami on death row as easily as the 90s era Kate did. This Kate has gained too much grudging respect for Sami's parenting skills and has too much to lose, since Will would disown her and forbid her from ever seeing Arianna again if he found out that she was responsible for sending Sami back to death row.
Kate saying that Sami is a good mother is a new thing, when all the characters started kissing her ass without her doing anything to earn it. Now it's simply announced, as if it makes it anymore true than when people annouce that Taniel is a wonderful person :ermmmm:

She's always been a selfish mother willing to use and abandon her children on a dime to get what she wants, it's just that now she never gets called out on it.
I disagree with the implication that this is a bad thing in this case, though. Yes, the viewers might think that Sami is a horrible mother. (Of course, I'm convinced that many viewers would find some way to criticize Sami even if we saw her spending every single day doing nothing but being a mother to her children, but that's another matter entirely.) But my definition of a "good mother" and your definition of a "good mother" isn't important. It's Kate's definition of a "good mother" that matters, and Kate would absolutely believe that Sami is a good mother because Sami has the same fierce parenting traits that Kate possesses.

Sami is willing to do anything for her children when she believes that they need her help, even if they don't want her help. Sami loves her children, even if she isn't the most hands-on parent in the known universe. Sami can't resist meddling in her childrens' lives, although we are only just beginning to see that side of her, since Will is her only child who is really old enough to have a life that's worth meddling in. Sami often makes impulsive decisions, rationalizing that she is making those decisions for the sake of her children, without fully considering the ramifications of those decisions. I don't know about anyone else, but to me, all of those traits sound eerily similar to the traits that a certain other woman who used to have a streak in her hair possesses.

This has nothing to do with the so-called "propping" that many people love to complain about and everything to do with characters being written in-character, IMO. It just so happens that the consequence of a character being written in-character, in this case, is that the character in question is saying things that a large portion of the audience apparently vehemently disagrees with. And of course it's a fairly recent development, because, as I pointed out earlier, Sami has only recently been able to really start to exhibit the traits that Kate respects in a mother, since Sami's kids are much younger than Kate's kids are. As time goes on and Sami's younger kids age into young adults whose lives involve more than play dates and afternoon naps, I suspect that Kate's opinion of Sami as a mother will only continue to get better, quite frankly -- not worse.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

We'll have to agree to disagree. Kate has always rightly questioned Sami's parenting skills. Someone here even said Kate's complete 180 on Sami's mothering came out of nowhere because Kate made a career out of highlighting Sami's rotten motherhood skills.

Kate always meddled because she honestly belived she was making her kid's lives better, even if she knew they would hate her for it.

Sami only cares if it affects herself, and is so selfish she will go out of her way to make things worse for her kids if she sees a way to benefit herself.

I.E indebting Will to Stefano and moving her kids into the mansion instead of literally ANYTHING else because her currant boytoy is serviceing her.
Edited by TreasureCove, Jul 9 2013, 07:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Well like I said before.EJ warned Sami about employing Stefeno
help when it came to Will.Will had no business shooting EJ.
So EJ isnt responsible for what Stefeno does.Actually Sami
is responsible because she employed Stefeno help.Some
help he was.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic