Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Alison Sweeney, Greg Vaughan Hallmark Movie: Second Chances
Topic Started: Jul 8 2013, 04:27 PM (5,733 Views)
Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

^ Thanks for posting those clips, TreasureCove!

I'm looking forward to the movie. I like Hallmark movies. It'll be worth it just to see GV in firemen gear! :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting those clips, how I miss Jack and MA was too darn pretty then and he seems to have gotten even sexier with age.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

I cant watch because I dont have Hallmark channel.
It looks iike it will be a pretty good movie.I can imagine
it looking funny to see AS/GV play boyfriend and girlfriend.
They play brother and sister on days.So that would look strange.
I wonder when AS finds the time to sleep also.

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't like hallmark movies and they're all the same anyway. I'm slightly curious about AS's acting just because this is the first acting job she's ever had that wasn't a cross promotion effort. But I don't think I'm interested enough to watch, lol.

Brewster
Member Avatar

I won't be watching. I don't watch anything on Hallmark or Lifetime or whatever.
But mainly, I don't care to see Sami make out with her brother.

nanasmiles

I will watch simply because I like movies that actually tell a story and have a decent ending. AS and GV will be fine in both shows. I like seeing actors do different things.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

Here's the trailer for Second Chances:

Second Chances trailer

Here's the BTS interview with AS and GV:

On Location

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

You know, I don't really care about Greg Vaughan's Father Eric on the show - he's sort of just there as a plaything between Kristen, Marlena and Nicole.

Those previews though - Greg Vaughan, where have you been all my life?!

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Hallmark and Lifetime movies aren't always boring. I think I'll enjoy AS & GV in different roles.
Edited by bellajewel, Jul 12 2013, 07:01 PM.

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

I've already seen it and 1. it's really cute, 2. AS and GV have surprisingly good romantic chemistry and 3. it's not difficult at all to go back to watching their sibling dynamic on Days.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I could lie and say that I don't want their sibling chemistry to be tainted, but truthfully....I just don't want to watch yet another Days man make out with her. I know it's not the show but those are my principles and I'm sticking to them.

elci525
Member Avatar

I love a good Lifetime movie - srsly, I could watch the Lifetime Movie Network for a whole weekend. Which makes me a sad young person =/ And I imagine Hallmark movies to be of a similar ilk. But I have just have zero interest to watch AS "act". I can barely stomach it during Days, and that's a character I have known for years and loved for most of that time as well. GV miiiggght be enough to lure me in - he looks incredible that preview. Like hello! lol. And I love Ed Asner too!! But I dunno if that's gonna cut it. No matter though - that is just one woman's opinion.
Edited by elci525, Jul 13 2013, 06:54 AM.

salempc
Member Avatar

I'm not sure if/when this will air in Canada, though I'm sure CTV will air it at some point since they seem to love that kind of thing. The name of the movie amuses me greatly, but I have zero interest in watching Sween in anything at this point. I used to love her. Now I'm so sick of her and everything she does, that I even turn the channel if a biggest loser promo comes on. I am looking forward to hearing how cringeworthy her acting in it is though.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

The only Second Chances I care for connected with AS is the fansite.

The last hallmark movie I cared for starred Roma Downey and the Eric guy from Will and Grace.
Edited by Aliaron, Jul 13 2013, 12:19 PM.

Bettyrj

I am looking forward to watching Second Chances. I like Alison Sweeney as Sami and Greg Vaughn as Eric but will try to see them as two different characters. I do enjoy the Hallmark Channel because of the lighthearted stories compared to all of the blood and guts, murder and mayhem on the primetime channels. I may be old but do enjoy a sweet love story, which is what the Hallmark Channel gives viewers every Saturday. I personally don't feel like watching some of the violent crime shows on most nights of the week. That is only my opinion and shouldn't be misconstrued by DR posters.

paul89

how can i watch it?? i have the apple tv

LuLu2102

concerned
Jul 8 2013, 11:10 PM
MissLola
Jul 8 2013, 10:21 PM
So much better than that priest uniform.
Why doesn't Salem have a fire brigade?
This reminds me that my priest from when I was a kid used to do regular ride-alongs with the police. If Eric did something like that, he could be involved in some very dramatic, exciting scenes/storylines.
Edited by LuLu2102, Aug 3 2013, 07:23 AM.

LuLu2102

I watched it out of curiosity, and it was actually pretty cute. GV is so good at being endearing. He also gets to show a more mischievous side than we've seen him show as Eric. He has great chemistry with the kids in this movie, too, and a fairly decent amount with AS as well.

As for AS, I liked her much more in this role than as Sami (at least as she's been written since about the time EJ showed up). The bottom line for me is that I find her cute, but not gorgeous, and I think she has very little sex-appeal on-screen. I totally buy her as a mom of two, living a fairly unextraordinary life, being kind of awkward and self-conscious now and again, and being kind of adorable/lovable for it. I can see why a regular guy would be attracted to her and fall in love with her.

I do NOT buy her as a woman that wordly, sophisticated criminals would become obsessed with. I do not buy her as a woman that multiple men would be fighting over, and be so taken with that they'd keep taking her back after she repeatedly leaves them for someone else. And that's how the Days writers insist on writing her.

paul89

i cant seem to watch it i cant fine it anywhere

Marlene

I couldn't find it today, either. However, I just checked the Hallmark Channel's website. It will be on again on 8/25 @ 6 (I assume that's PM.)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply