Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, July 9th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 9 2013, 08:39 AM (11,963 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Marlene

Now I miss Shawn Sr. :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Me too - he was such a marvelous character!! That Irish lilt he had to his voice...he was just charming.
Online Profile Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Can't wait for today. Days has just been amazing and today we find out who Theresa really is apparently. Days has kept a tight lid on her character so kudos to them.

This show is just on fire. Good writing, acting, character interactions, engaging stories...I always believed in this regime but I never believed it could be this good under them. And to think a year ago MarDar was still churning out their boring, horribly constructed stories. Days has come a long way in a year. So happy for them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm at a weird place with the show right now. I enjoyed it last week, but I have no desire whatsoever to watch this week. I'm not really sure why.

I really liked Shawn Sr's funeral.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The show has been no doubt better the last 4 months...a long cry away from the boring days of MarDar and the even WORSE days of Higley 2.0.

That being said...there are still some major issues I have with the show...that are still lingering around...a LOT of it having to do with casting and who they feel should be featured.

The continuity on this show has improved ten fold though...as has the dialogue. The set decorating has also improved, they are at least TRYING now to make a duplicate set for two rooms look different (even if we still can tell). The wardrobe is still terrible (but I know we have not yet seen the changes coming from that dept...with Richard Bloore coming back).

The score has also improved...I have noticed some new material that is kind of a throwback to the old scores of the 90's and 80's.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jul 9 2013, 11:08 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

Theresa is Shane and Kim's daughter!
Offline Profile Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

WillFan
Jul 9 2013, 11:16 AM
Has that been confirmed!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Team WilSon
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Jul 9 2013, 11:22 AM
WillFan
DaysCafe @DaysCafe #days #dool Tuesday Ewwwww Theresa is Shane and Kim's daughter!
https://twitter.com/DaysCafe/status/354633849860399105

DaysCafe @DaysCafe #days #dool Tuesday Theresa's first name Jeanie
https://twitter.com/DaysCafe/status/354636854005481472
Offline Profile Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Jul 9 2013, 11:22 AM
WillFan
Yes by DaysCafe tweets, hour ahead in Canada .

DaysCafe @DaysCafe
#days #dool Tuesday Ewwwww Theresa is Shane and Kim's daughter!

DaysCafe @DaysCafe
#days #dool Tuesday Theresa's first name Jeanie

Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I was kinda hoping to hear that news play out on-screen first and not on the daily board an hour before the actual show happens. :-/
Edited by Panda Panda, Jul 9 2013, 11:35 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

WillFan
I HOPE!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Panda Panda
Jul 9 2013, 11:29 AM
I was kinda hoping to hear that news play out on-screen first :-/
Me TOO!!! :werd:
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jul 9 2013, 11:29 AM
I was kinda hoping to hear that news play out on-screen first and not on the daily board an hour before the actual show happens. :-/
Try living on the West Coast.
Online Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

WHOA! Well done to the folks who have been speccing that for a while. I suppose that explains why Patsy Pease has been contacted to come in for some episodes.

Still - I'm gonna have a hard time if virtually no one in town seems to know who this girl is.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jul 9 2013, 11:06 AM
The show has been no doubt better the last 4 months...a long cry away from the boring days of MarDar and the even WORSE days of Higley 2.0.

That being said...there are still some major issues I have with the show...that are still lingering around...a LOT of it having to do with casting and who they feel should be featured.

The continuity on this show has improved ten fold though...as has the dialogue. The set decorating has also improved, they are at least TRYING now to make a duplicate set for two rooms look different (even if we still can tell). The wardrobe is still terrible (but I know we have not yet seen the changes coming from that dept...with Richard Bloore coming back).

The score has also improved...I have noticed some new material that is kind of a throwback to the old scores of the 90's and 80's.
Their stories are better. It's still their characterizations I'm not fond of. The characters are better than Higley's, but they're still all rather generic and interchangeable.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I knew she couldn't just be Theresa. That read like code for someone else the whole way. They had so much secrecy around the character for her not to be connected to a major family. I was always thinking she was either Jeannie or Joy Wesley. This is awesome news and kudos to Days for keeping it a secret until the day it aired.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kch

PhoenixRising05
Jul 9 2013, 11:43 AM
I knew she couldn't just be Theresa. That read like code for someone else the whole way. They had so much secrecy around the character for her not to be connected to a major family. I was always thinking she was either Jeannie or Joy Wesley. This is awesome news and kudos to Days for keeping it a secret until the day it aired.
And I like that they built in animosity between her and Jennifer before Jen even knew who she was. I hope they take a chance to play up Jen's relationship with Eve Donovan in this. Hell. Let's get Eve back too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

SocRMum1
Jul 9 2013, 11:37 AM
WHOA! Well done to the folks who have been speccing that for a while. I suppose that explains why Patsy Pease has been contacted to come in for some episodes.

Still - I'm gonna have a hard time if virtually no one in town seems to know who this girl is.
Jen & JJ don't seem to know who she is, but other people on today's episode do know who she is. (I'm not gonna spoil who.)
Offline Profile Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

Jeanie IS Theresa but she is using middle name now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic