Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, July 9th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 9 2013, 08:39 AM (11,782 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

six
Jul 10 2013, 11:16 AM
I don't like Theresa so far and knowing she might cause her mother to visit makes me like her even less. I wonder how old she is, though, since she's supposedly a lot older than the 20 year old Will; maybe she's old enough for Jen to get her thrown in jail for statutory.

EJ's first act as owner of the mansion should be to hire a decorator. I wish the show put some effort into the take over story, because it could have been really good if they played all the beats.

It's nice to see Sami snooping in the hospital files again.
I've seen the way they dress.
I've seen the office at countess W.
I've seen their apartments.

Step away from the Dimera mansion decor.

Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jul 10 2013, 09:29 AM
Ophelia
Jul 9 2013, 11:38 PM
Okay, I didn't love this as much as others did. I was too distracted by Sami stamping her way through every storyline on screen -- still dressed in bright pink, as though we wouldn't notice her without it. I did enjoy her snarking on Daniel, but there was a little bit of "voice of the audience" in the dialogue that doesn't quite ring true when Sami says it. Much better when JJ does it. It was nice to hear, though.

One note -- it really bothers me that Kristen calls both Stefano and Eric 'Father'. Stops me for a minute in the story.

I'll be ticked if EJ takes down Stefano. If JM is retiring, I'd rather see him hand over the empire than have Stefano disgraced and kicked out of his own home. I don't believe that this is the end of Stefano, though. The conversation on the plane yesterday made it sound as though he was still one step ahead of EJustin.
Do all the "Sami haters", I understand she is everywhere. In almost all scenes. I get that, and it IS perturbing. But my question about the complaints on AS's acting. Is it ya'lls stance that she is a bad actress, or is Sami that you dislike. Is it Sami or AS? Does anyone think she is playing Sami as they are directing her, or is it your opinion that she "overacts" and just a poor actress? I know next to nothing about acting, so I know I'm ignorant compared to most of ya'll here. I love learning from those of you who make a study of it!! Myself, I assume she is written to be a snotty, self centered, OTT woman! So I can't hat AS for that! I personally know women who act like that so I don't criticize Sweeny for that! Everyone cries differently. Holds their feelings in (hence the skirmishes on her face), storms around, demands. I know people like this so I don't blame AS as I assume its who her character is supposed to be!

CM as well. I kinda see his smirks as unnatural, but have accepted it as Wills personality. I know people who smile/smirk inappropriately, so chalk it up to where Will is at in life! With what he's been through I can understand him having awkward expressions and not emoting appropriately.

DHim....I see his posture/mannerisms as stuff that needs to be worked on!

I appreciate ya'll sharing your thoughts with me! I repeat, my theatre lingo is lacking cuz I'm not a student of the Art of acting!
Oops this would be addressed to me.

It's her woeful acting that makes it dreadful to watch her.

If she was a more convincing actress I could probably get on board with the character.

The character hasn't done anything worse that Kate - and I love Kate because Lauren is a classy hit the nail on the head actress.

There have been times when Sami has been written as a non snotty non self centred OTT woman and she was still bad. Case in point Colleen. Different character, same actress.... hated it with the passion of seven thousand fiery suns. It was debilitatingly painful to watch.

Edited by concerned, Jul 11 2013, 11:38 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jul 9 2013, 07:12 PM
Maybe it's me but it seemed like today did not feature very many characters. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

I enjoyed the EJ and Stefano scenes as I thought the writing was stronger than usual, given the gravity of the situation. I'm sure EJ's victory will be short-lived but it's to turn the tables occasionally.

I was surprised we saw the joints in the baggie, even though they were undoubtedly fake, probably. I was wondering if all of this marijuana talk was just that or if it would be visualized at some point.
I agree with you about EJ's victory being short lived.Ej being so jubilant about putting something over on Stefano and dismissive of Stefano as having lost his edge seems to be a set up for EJ having the rug pulled from under him by Stefano.Based on Stefano's conversation on the plane,he seemed to be aware of precisely what EJ and Justin were doing before the vote was actually taken by the board of directors and allowed them to "win".I believe this is why Stefano was so calm and understated.Stefano is usually two (2) or three(3) moves ahead of his adversaries.They might foil his original plan but he rarely suffers a complete loss. EJ knows this so when Stefano made the calm statement to the effect that EJ would be begging him to take DE back,this caused EJ to wonder what he has overlooked and worry that something he overlooked will come back to bite him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

I think AS Portrays Sami very well.The character of
Sami is sometimes over the top.Higley the hack
really messed up the character of Sami.Higley had
a rep for messing up characters on stories.I am
glad Ken fired her.Rule of thumb keep hacks out
of there unless you want your show to go off the
air.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 11 2013, 12:47 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Higley hasn't written Sami in years. That hasn't stopped the character from sucking.
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

TreasureCove
Jul 11 2013, 11:04 AM
Higley hasn't written Sami in years. That hasn't stopped the character from sucking.
Whole time does fly fast, the fact is that Higley was fired only 2 years ago.
Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I was so AMAZINGLY, PLEASANTLY surprised to find out Theresa was Jeannie Donovan! OMG! I don't love the actress yet, but I am sure she'll grow on me.

YAY JEANNIE!

Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Fantastic66
Jul 11 2013, 12:45 AM
I think AS Portrays Sami very well.The character of
Sami is sometimes over the top.Higley the hack
really messed up the character of Sami.Higley had
a rep for messing up characters on stories.I am
glad Ken fired her.Rule of thumb keep hacks out
of there unless you want your show to go off the
air.
No excuse. There are other actors on the show who are able to overcome the acting. Matthew Ashford, Kristian Alfonso, Arianne Zucker, Blake Berris for starters...To their credit, they also take the time to take acting lessons and refresh their knowledge of their craft instead of riding coattails on another show where they're just asked to be a personality.......And Sweeney HAS shown times when she can do that, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Her good times are just way too inconsistent. It's like Drake's atrocious acting just recently. He seemed to just give up because he didn't know what to do instead of either seeking out help or just trying to get a grasp on a tactic and go with it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 9 2013, 10:47 AM
I'm at a weird place with the show right now. I enjoyed it last week, but I have no desire whatsoever to watch this week. I'm not really sure why.

I really liked Shawn Sr's funeral.
You really meant that.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Higley wrote the EJami :redface: crap-Fest.
Plus messed up other characters
on the show.If any Producer knows
whats good for them they will not
hire Higley the Hack.Higley was wriing
in 2012.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 14 2013, 09:39 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic