Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, July 9th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 9 2013, 08:39 AM (12,129 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

bah! Kayla: "It's Theresa Donovan -- my lovely niece."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

You know, I just realized that I don't think Jeanne ever had a middle name before. She was always just Jeanne Donovan (named after Shane's mother, I think)
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

Matt
Jul 9 2013, 12:03 PM
You know, I just realized that I don't think Jeanne ever had a middle name before. She was always just Jeanne Donovan (named after Shane's mother, I think)
Wasn't she Jeannie Caroline Donovan? For some reason, I remember her being named after both of her grandmothers. So, did she have a name change or something?
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

lysie
Jul 9 2013, 11:42 AM
Mitchapalooza
Jul 9 2013, 11:06 AM
The show has been no doubt better the last 4 months...a long cry away from the boring days of MarDar and the even WORSE days of Higley 2.0.

That being said...there are still some major issues I have with the show...that are still lingering around...a LOT of it having to do with casting and who they feel should be featured.

The continuity on this show has improved ten fold though...as has the dialogue. The set decorating has also improved, they are at least TRYING now to make a duplicate set for two rooms look different (even if we still can tell). The wardrobe is still terrible (but I know we have not yet seen the changes coming from that dept...with Richard Bloore coming back).

The score has also improved...I have noticed some new material that is kind of a throwback to the old scores of the 90's and 80's.
Their stories are better. It's still their characterizations I'm not fond of. The characters are better than Higley's, but they're still all rather generic and interchangeable.
I watched yesterday's show and it was so underwhelming...maybe it's just that I have no interest in watching Ej take down Stefano, lol.....but I am salivating in anticipation of what Stefano will do to Ej in the end, this is one instance where I wish the payoff wouldn't come a few months down the line....lol...

Aside from the Kristen/Eric/Brady/Nicole quad thingy.....I can't find any other story that is captivating me and the only reason that one is, it's because I am invested in what happens with Ericole. JJ has given much needed life to Dannifer, but Dannifer isn't necessary to make JJ work....get rid of Dannifer....have Theresa and JJ be the bad apples and bring some good apples to mix it up with them.....Wilson is non existent at the moment it seems, what else is happening? Rafe is waking up from a 2 month coma? big woop!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Well, to be fair both Stefano and Elvis's histories have been rewritten multiple times.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I know that Salem operates in its own universe in regards to time, but Jeanne/Theresa was born in 1990 along with Stephanie so they should be the same age.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

MarDar writing was better,they got DOOL there emmy,The current writers are worse than Higley,never thought there could be worse writing,but with their constant character assassination,especially of John and Marlena,it has been intolerable,nautious making,MarDar actually cared about character history,these writers could give a shit.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Jul 9 2013, 12:10 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Oh, now I hope Andrew will come visit his sister!
Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

Aw man, Eric's gonna have panic attacks now? Dangit, show! I don't need help inducing my own panic attacks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

Double post. Stupid phone.
Edited by cord08, Jul 9 2013, 12:10 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

I hope they stop called Jeanie Theresa
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

OliveAnn
Jul 9 2013, 12:05 PM
Matt
Jul 9 2013, 12:03 PM
Wasn't she Jeannie Caroline Donovan? For some reason, I remember her being named after both of her grandmothers. So, did she have a name change or something?
I'm not sure that's official show cannon because I've never seen that referenced anywhere. I think that's fanwank along the lines of Kate Roberts/Kate Winograd being the same person.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

So we're calling her Theresa instead of Jeannie? Um, okay. I don't even care, I'm just happy we have Shane and Kim's daughter onscreen!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

cord08
Jul 9 2013, 12:09 PM
Aw man, Eric's gonna have panic attacks now? Dangit, show! I don't need help inducing my own panic attacks.
I can go for Eric panic attacks as long as he's shirtless ALL.THE.TIME
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

*snicker* Sami: "What kind of doctor does Daniel Jonas think that he is?!?"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Oh, Sami doesn't like Daniel. That's actually a very endearing trait.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Are they going to throw Dan and Sami together? What's with her anger?
Offline Profile Goto Top

ArnoldFinnegan
Member Avatar

LOL- Sami: "What kind of doctor does Daniel Jonas think that he is?"

For some reason this sounded really funny to me. I'm sure a few people on this board have an answer to that question.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

"Phoenix is not going to rise again" Um, EJ maybe you should brush up on your Phoenix mythology.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

OMG! If Kayla acts as Theresa's surrogate mother in Salem to fill in for Kim, this could give Kayla even MORE airtime!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic