Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A History of Jeannie Donovan...pics/videos/stats; Plus: Guess who she shares a birthday with?
Topic Started: Jul 9 2013, 01:08 PM (2,530 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Kimberly, Caroline and Jeannie together in 1991...the trio reunites again this November!

Posted Image
Jeannie spends time with her cousins in this 1992 group shot. Eric is holding one of the Jeannie twins while Max holds the other. Sami is up front holding the Stephanie twins. In the back are Jeannie's brother, Andrew, and Shawn Douglas.

Although Jeannie Theresa Donovan is the daughter of Shane and Kimberly, she does not have much of a history on-screen. Jeannie was portrayed by 6 different actresses and appeared in only 35 episodes between her birth in 1990 and her last appearance during her Christmas visit in 1997.

Fun Fact: Theresa and J.J. Deveraux share the same birthday! Theresa was born on September 3, 1990 (off-screen) and J.J. was born on September 3, 2004.

A History of Jeannie Theresa Donovan actresses:
Hannah Taylor Simmons: 9/4/90-4/25/91 (6 episodes)
Alicia & Emily Pillatzke: 8/23/91-1/22/92 (16 episodes)
Gabriella Massari: 8/14/92-9/9/92 (7 episodes)
Caitlin Wachs: 10/5/92-12/22/92 (4 episodes)
UNKNOWN: 11/1/96 (1 episode)
UNKNOWN: 12/24/97 (1 episode)
Jen Lilley: 7/3/13-Present

Here are the cast & set lists from Jeannie's first and last episodes:

9/4/90:
Cast: Bo, Carly, Isabella, Kayla, Marcus, Patch, Roman, Shane, Victor, Shawn Douglas, Andrew, Jeannie, Benjy, Peggy, Craig, Lloyd, Nico, Dr. Parks, Little Bo, Little Hope, Mrs. Banks/Nanny, Nurse.
Sets: Shane's Hotel Room & Corridor/Los Angeles, Haunted House, Shawn Douglas' Hospital Room & Corridor, Pier, Patch/Kayla Mansion Foyer & Exterior, Playground, Hospital Nursery & Corridor/Los Angeles, Staff Lounge, Toscano Foundation Office & Reception Area (formerly Victor's Office).

12/24/97:
Cast: Abe, Abigail, Alice, Austin, Billie, Bo, Caroline, Carrie, Celeste, Eric, Franco, Hope, Ivan, Jack, Jennifer, John, Kate, Kristen/Susan/Sister Mary Moira/Thomas, Laura, Lexie, Lucas, Maggie, Marlena, Mickey, Mike, Roman, Sami, Shawn, Shawn Douglas, Stefano, Vivian, Kimberly, Will, Belle, Brady, Philip, Elvis, Jonesy, Henderson, Andrew, Jeannie, Kristen/Susan/Sister Mary Moira/Thomas Body Double, Hospital Kids, Tom (FBO).
Sets: Horton Living Room, Kiriakis Mansion, Marlena's Penthouse, Salem Place, DiMera Mansion & Exterior, Nurses' Station, Brady Pub, Ext. Front Door of Roman & Marlena's Old House.

VIDEO FOOTAGE:
Jeannie's first appearance (9/4/90)...Shane sees her at the hospital nursery in Los Angeles (Kimberly gave birth off-camera the day before):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmFrYb9unHA

Kimberly, Jeannie and Andrew return to Salem (2/20/91):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYwJHulHVes

Cal Winters admits to Kimberly that Jeannie is really Shane's daughter (11/14/91) and Shane spends time with Jeannie (11/20/91). Enjoy Marty Davich's lovely background music!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB_PZ9zjNrk

Shane says goodbye to Salem...and Kimberly, Andrew & Jeannie (10/7/92):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqt-jPQJwp4&list=PL91F0FD8D4F40A212

Jeannie's last appearance,,,the girl standing in purple next to Andrew (12/24/97)...the Bradys and friends sing "Joy to the World"...Susan arrives holding Elvis (aka EJ):
Go to the 36-minute mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhn-z07meQU#t=2173s

Edited by Jason47, Jul 9 2013, 02:03 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OliveAnn

So she really wasn't given a middle name before. Thanks for the confirmation, Jason! You're a rockstar!

Jason47
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Jul 9 2013, 01:48 PM
So she really wasn't given a middle name before. Thanks for the confirmation, Jason! You're a rockstar!
No middle name, that's why she was in contention for being Theresa, since we didn't know her middle name.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I notice you mentioned 'they reunite this November' ... nice. So Patsy/Kim's definitely coming back for a visit?

Jason47
Member Avatar

KMan101
Jul 9 2013, 01:57 PM
I notice you mentioned 'they reunite this November' ... nice. So Patsy/Kim's definitely coming back for a visit?
Patsy should be taping next week, hopefully. I'll see if I can get confirmation.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Jason47
Jul 9 2013, 02:07 PM
KMan101
Patsy should be taping next week, hopefully. I'll see if I can get confirmation.
So its only for a few episodes...or could this be a recurring gig like the one Mary Beth has as Kayla?

Jason47
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jul 9 2013, 02:08 PM
Jason47
Jul 9 2013, 02:07 PM
KMan101
So its only for a few episodes...or could this be a recurring gig like the one Mary Beth has as Kayla?
Well she lives on the East Coast now, so it's more of a hassle to get to Burbank, but from all the interviews Patsy's ever done, you can tell how much she loves Days and would always want to be a part of the show, so I'm sure she'd be probably be up for a lot of traveling if they'd like to use Kimberly more.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Thanks as always Jason!

jwsel
Member Avatar

Just to add to what Jason has posted.

Jeannie was born in Los Angeles in September 1990 when Shane and Kim were split up. At the time, she was believed to be Cal Winters' daughter. She was supposedly named after Shane's mother, even though a year earlier, under hypnosis, Shane had said his mother's name was Margaret.

In February 1991, Kim returned to Salem with Andrew and Jeannie. Although she had just pushed for a divorce a few months earlier, Kim hoped to reconcile with Shane, but he was not willing to reunite. He pursued Kayla instead. In November 1991, after Kim and Kayla were kidnapped by Cal, they leaned that Jeannie really was Shane's daughter. But he had very little time with her. In December, he was sent away on assignment and, in January 1992, Kim moved herself and the kids back to Los Angeles.

Six months later, Kim returned to Salem with plans to tell Shane and her family that she was engaged to Phillip Collier, but she was hit by a car. As she was recovering, in August, Phillip brought Andrew and Jeannie to Salem. But soon after, Shane left Salem for good. Meanwhile, Kim was suffering from multiple personality disorder and one of her alternate personalities decided to get rid of the kids. So Andrew and Jeannie were shipped off to stay with Shane.

Jeannie subsequently returned for Christmas 1992 and the 1996 and 1997 appearances with Kim. When Kim returned in 2010 for Alice's funeral, she said the "children" were with her and visiting their cousins, but other than that, when Kim has returned, Jeannie has usually been visiting Shane and unable to get to Salem in time.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Jason!

Glad to hear Kimberly is coming back. Can't wait until next week to see if there's any indication of Pease's return to the set. Hopefully we will get some tweets, or something. Like others have said, Pease always gushes about DAYS, so I hope she and the show can come to some sort of agreement that will allow her to remain on the show in a recurring capacity. It would really help Theresa become established with Kimberly on the show.

Aimikins
Member Avatar

I love Kim and Shane so this is all good news to me!!! :)

BradyB

I'm super excited!!!! Hope Shane comes soon too!!!!

BradyB

It was a well kept secret!!!

blueskies
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 9 2013, 01:08 PM

Jeannie's last appearance,,,the girl standing in purple next to Andrew (12/24/97)...the Bradys and friends sing "Joy to the World"...Susan arrives holding Elvis (aka EJ):
Go to the 36-minute mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhn-z07meQU#t=2173s

Thanks Jason!

Also, clips like these with Carrie/Austin, Lucas/Sami/3-yr-old Will, and baby-EJ make me cringe and laugh. Not to mention there's Kate with her sons & grandson & one of her future lovers. Days is so screwed up....
Edited by blueskies, Jul 9 2013, 08:58 PM.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Great History used by DOOL!

BradyB

I agree. It's finally time to use characters that hVe ties. I'd love to see Andrew next and even Noel Curtis. Be nice to see sarah Horton as well

am103
Member Avatar

Very cool that she and JJ have the same birthday! I wonder if the show will take that into consideration? I also can't wait for confirmation about Patsy's return! Hope it's for more than just a couple episodes!

I seriously am ecstatic that Shane and Kim's daughter is on-screen right now. I already see sparks with her and JJ and some major disapproval from Jen, so this could be a really good story!

presley23
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 9 2013, 01:08 PM
Fun Fact: Theresa and J.J. Deveraux share the same birthday! Theresa was born on September 3, 1990 (off-screen) and J.J. was born on September 3, 2004.
Whoa, when put like that, Jen has a point about the age difference, lol!! Like blueskies mentioned, that last clip is crazy, it really shows how messed up these kids timelines are.

Thanks for all the info Jason and the clips, a great walk down memory lane there!

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Jason, I appreciate all of the Jeanie Donovan info. But, I have a slight issue with a piece of info you posted about JJ. It says that JJ was born Sept. 3, 2004. That means he would have been concieved around mid-late Nov./early Dec., right?? But, Jack was "killed" by the Salem Stalker in October. What was the actual airdate of Jen giving birth to JJ?

Jason47
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Jul 10 2013, 10:51 AM
I have a slight issue with a piece of info you posted about JJ. It says that JJ was born Sept. 3, 2004. That means he would have been concieved around mid-late Nov./early Dec., right?? But, Jack was "killed" by the Salem Stalker in October. What was the actual airdate of Jen giving birth to JJ?
That is the actual airdate of his birth. Soaps always make pregnancies as long as they need to be, for storyline purposes. If Stefano can come back from the dead hundreds of times, Jack can be killed 11 months before Jennifer gives birth, and still be the father!!

Pat's recap from September 3, 2004:

Friday Sep 3
On the island…..Patrick delivers Jen’s baby. A little boy….Jen can’t hear him crying…Patrick says he isn’t breathing….he finally cries as Jen holds him close….she continues to bleed and Patrick tells her that Hope better hurry and get here as Jen says if she continues to bleed she will die.

Dustin's recap from September 3, 2004:
September 3, 2004

On the island, Patrick helps Jen deliver her baby. He says he can see the head and she has to push. She says she cant, shes too tired. He tells her not to give up now! Jen makes Patrick to promise her to put the baby first no matter what, even above her. He says okay. Patrick delivers the baby, which is a boy. However, the baby isnt crying or breathing. Patrick works to save the baby, which he does. Jen is bleeding heavily, and Patrick worries. Jen thanks Patrick and says this is a miracle. Jen also says she is having pain. Patrick says she is bleeding a lot more than she should be. He says he cant stop it, so they have to pray Hope gets here with supplies. Jen says if she doesnt stop bleeding she could die! The baby then begins to cry as Jen says this.
Edited by Jason47, Jul 10 2013, 02:09 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply