Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of July 22nd; *updated 7/15*
Topic Started: Jul 10 2013, 12:00 AM (29,285 Views)
Dee-anne

S loves EJ
Jul 17 2013, 06:13 AM
It depends whether EJ realizes that Eric has feelings for Nicole aswell. Still it doesnīt really matter since I donīt believe EJ to be jealous of Eric, because EJ is happy with Samantha and it looks like the writers are committed to write for Ericole, so I donīt see anything coming out of it for Ejole. That doesnīt mean that they wonīt reunite Ejole someday but I donīt see it happening before next year. Therefore I donīt see the point of having EJ tell Eric since it is non of his business and they could have used someone else to do it.
If Eric has feelings for Nicole. apart from friendship, he is not even aware of it. So far everyone seems to be picking up on Nicole's feelings for Eric. No one has picked up that Eric has feelings for Nicoel. Well nobody has mentioned it so far.

As for EJole. I don't particualr like the way the way they are writing EJ. I am really disappointed in eveything he has done so far including kicking his dad out of his own home. I use to love their father, son relationship and I am disappointed that its come to this, and the reason given as to why, is not good enough for me. I think Nicole deserves far better than this EJ on our screen, so Sami can keep him. To me, neither EJ or Sami are rootable, so I have no interest in what happens to them.

I like Eric. I have no idea where the stroy ig going, but I am enjoying Eric, and Nicole's interactions. I was enjoying Nicole and Brady''s interaction until they decided to turn him stupid again.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jul 16 2013, 03:52 AM
magicsteacher
Jul 15 2013, 08:46 PM
I'm hoping Rafe won't remember his "relationship" with Kate, too, but for the simple reason that there wasn't any. Fuck buddies does not a relationship make, writers, so please stop trying to make it into what it never was.
We already know that Rafe remembers his relationship with Kate -- or, at least, he did on the day that he emerged from the coma. He had a dream about lying in bed with Kate that ended with Stefano attacking him with the metal pipe that Jensen had actually attacked Rafe with. Obviously, the characters on the show do not know this yet, but unless the writers intend to claim that Rafe forgot his relationship with Kate after emerging from his coma, the audience already knows that he remembers it.
My issue is with the word relationship in regard to Kate and Rafe. This was nothing but a sexual affair...they never had a date or a serious conversation...nothing but sexual romp after sexual romp. They were fuck buds, not an in love couple. That seems to be what Rafe also has remembered. I hate that now they are having Kate running around acting like a lovesick puppy over Rafe and making their sexual affair into more than it ever was especially when we all saw what it really was.

deletemyaccountplease

Ive gotten to where i dont care about the characters history (dont think the writers care much either), its all about chemistry between the actors.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

pennieloafer
Jul 17 2013, 07:51 AM
Ive gotten to where i dont care about the characters history (dont think the writers care much either), its all about chemistry between the actors.
And even the chemistry is missing in many cases.

S loves EJ

Dee-anne
Jul 17 2013, 06:45 AM
S loves EJ
Jul 17 2013, 06:13 AM
It depends whether EJ realizes that Eric has feelings for Nicole aswell. Still it doesnīt really matter since I donīt believe EJ to be jealous of Eric, because EJ is happy with Samantha and it looks like the writers are committed to write for Ericole, so I donīt see anything coming out of it for Ejole. That doesnīt mean that they wonīt reunite Ejole someday but I donīt see it happening before next year. Therefore I donīt see the point of having EJ tell Eric since it is non of his business and they could have used someone else to do it.
If Eric has feelings for Nicole. apart from friendship, he is not even aware of it. So far everyone seems to be picking up on Nicole's feelings for Eric. No one has picked up that Eric has feelings for Nicoel. Well nobody has mentioned it so far.

As for EJole. I don't particualr like the way the way they are writing EJ. I am really disappointed in eveything he has done so far including kicking his dad out of his own home. I use to love their father, son relationship and I am disappointed that its come to this, and the reason given as to why, is not good enough for me. I think Nicole deserves far better than this EJ on our screen, so Sami can keep him. To me, neither EJ or Sami are rootable, so I have no interest in what happens to them.

I like Eric. I have no idea where the stroy ig going, but I am enjoying Eric, and Nicole's interactions. I was enjoying Nicole and Brady''s interaction until they decided to turn him stupid again.

I like EJīs and Stefanoīs father, son relationship too, but I also like them when they are at odds with each other. Itīs not like itīs the first time it has happend; EJ betrayed Stefano for Sami in the past and he turned his back on him when the truth about Sydney came out. So I think it is with in their relationship to fight but then reconcile. I think it would have been strange if EJ hadnīt payed him back for turning his back on him. The only thing that might speaking against them reconcile this time is JMīs age and that he might retire soon.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

If Eric doesn't get it after Ej has spelled it out and even a little kid noted it, then I don't know what else they can do.....at this point....he NEEDS to have his feelings for her come out or Ericole will be running on empty.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

magicsteacher
Jul 17 2013, 07:32 AM
Will&Sonny
magicsteacher
I'm hoping Rafe won't remember his "relationship" with Kate, too, but for the simple reason that there wasn't any. Fuck buddies does not a relationship make, writers, so please stop trying to make it into what it never was.
We already know that Rafe remembers his relationship with Kate -- or, at least, he did on the day that he emerged from the coma. He had a dream about lying in bed with Kate that ended with Stefano attacking him with the metal pipe that Jensen had actually attacked Rafe with. Obviously, the characters on the show do not know this yet, but unless the writers intend to claim that Rafe forgot his relationship with Kate after emerging from his coma, the audience already knows that he remembers it.
My issue is with the word relationship in regard to Kate and Rafe. This was nothing but a sexual affair...they never had a date or a serious conversation...nothing but sexual romp after sexual romp. They were fuck buds, not an in love couple. That seems to be what Rafe also has remembered. I hate that now they are having Kate running around acting like a lovesick puppy over Rafe and making their sexual affair into more than it ever was especially when we all saw what it really was.
Not to be "that guy" who pulls out the dictionary and lectures someone about the proper definition of a word, but Rafe and Kate did have a relationship. It might not have been what you would describe as a meaningful relationship, but it was a relationship nevertheless. You're placing your own meaning on the word that isn't necessarily going to match up with someone else's meaning of the word, hence your objection to its use. While that is understandable, not everyone is going to agree with you. Similarly, some people object to the use of the word "affair" when it is used to describe a sexual relationship between two unmarried and otherwise unattached individuals, such as Brady and Kristen or Rafe and Kate, because they attach their own connotation -- extramarital affair -- to the word, but that doesn't make the use of that word to describe a sexual relationship between two unmarried and otherwise unattached individuals wrong.

And I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly saw evidence that Kate and Rafe were developing deeper feelings for each other. I can understand how someone could believe that their relationship progressed from a "friends with benefits" arrangement to something more serious too quickly, or that their relationship didn't progress from a "friends with benefits" arrangement to something more serious in a way that was organic and believable, but I can't understand how someone could claim that the aforementioned progression never happened at all. It certainly did in the episodes that I was watching. Kate and Rafe didn't want to end their relationship. They were sad when it did end. Various individuals who knew Kate and/or Rafe well observed that Kate and/or Rafe were happier after the relationship started than they had been in the months leading up to the start of the relationship. When Rafe made that rude comment about Kate's past as a prostitute during one of their arguments, it genuinely hurt her -- not because it was something that she had never heard before, but because she hadn't been prepared to hear it from someone whose opinion actually mattered to her.

What started as a "friends with benefits" arrangement quickly evolved into something deeper, and that's okay -- many "friends with benefits" arrangements do. That's why people often say that such arrangements never work, because at least one person in the arrangement always ends up developing stronger feelings for the other person.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jul 17 2013, 09:11 AM
magicsteacher
Will&Sonny
magicsteacher
Not to be "that guy" who pulls out the dictionary and lectures someone about the proper definition of a word, but Rafe and Kate did have a relationship. It might not have been what you would describe as a meaningful relationship, but it was a relationship nevertheless. You're placing your own meaning on the word that isn't necessarily going to match up with someone else's meaning of the word, hence your objection to its use. While that is understandable, not everyone is going to agree with you. Similarly, some people object to the use of the word "affair" when it is used to describe a sexual relationship between two unmarried and otherwise unattached individuals, such as Brady and Kristen or Rafe and Kate, because they attach their own connotation -- extramarital affair -- to the word, but that doesn't make the use of that word to describe a sexual relationship between two unmarried and otherwise unattached individuals wrong.

And I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly saw evidence that Kate and Rafe were developing deeper feelings for each other. I can understand how someone could believe that their relationship progressed from a "friends with benefits" arrangement to something more serious too quickly, or that their relationship didn't progress from a "friends with benefits" arrangement to something more serious in a way that was organic and believable, but I can't understand how someone could claim that the aforementioned progression never happened at all. It certainly did in the episodes that I was watching. Kate and Rafe didn't want to end their relationship. They were sad when it did end. Various individuals who knew Kate and/or Rafe well observed that Kate and/or Rafe were happier after the relationship started than they had been in the months leading up to the start of the relationship. When Rafe made that rude comment about Kate's past as a prostitute during one of their arguments, it genuinely hurt her -- not because it was something that she had never heard before, but because she hadn't been prepared to hear it from someone whose opinion actually mattered to her.

What started as a "friends with benefits" arrangement quickly evolved into something deeper, and that's okay -- many "friends with benefits" arrangements do. That's why people often say that such arrangements never work, because at least one person in the arrangement always ends up developing stronger feelings for the other person.
What I stated was my opinion and I never asked nor expected everyone to agree with me. I realize we all have different opinions and see things differently just as I don't agree that in a friends with benefits relationship one of the parties always develops deeper feelings than the other.

We can agree to disagree.

Will&Sonny

magicsteacher
Jul 17 2013, 09:31 AM
Will&Sonny
magicsteacher
Will&Sonny

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepafter emerging from his coma, the audience already knows that he remembers it.

What I stated was my opinion and I never asked nor expected everyone to agree with me. I realize we all have different opinions and see things differently just as I don't agree that in a friends with benefits relationship one of the parties always develops deeper feelings than the other.

We can agree to disagree.
Just to be clear, I wasn't saying that I believe that all "friends with benefits" arrangements always lead to a situation where at least one person in the arrangement develops stronger feelings for the other person. I was simply saying that some people say that "friends with benefits" relationships never work, and their reason for saying that is that at least one person in the arrangement always ends up developing stronger feelings for the other person.

As for the rest, if you believe that Kate and Rafe did not have any type of relationship whatsoever, we will indeed have to agree to disagree. But that's fine. :cheers:

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
magicsteacher
Will&Sonny
magicsteacher

Oh I believe they were enjoying their sexual companionship and it certainly put a smile on their faces, but as far as saying they were developing deeper feelings? I'm not buying that. I'm not saying they were shown cold hearted wham, bam thank you ma'am now get out of my bed, they obviously liked each other, but it certainly played as a fling. I saw that they had commonality such as family loyalty Rafe for his sister and Kate for Will, but I didn't see any relationship building as they discovered their own personal connection. Yes, Kate liked Rafe in her bed and he's a decent man who isn't going to play her the way Stefano did so it's natural for her to be sad to let the fling go. They were having fun. But to now have Kate declaring Rafe saved her soul and her hovering bedside weeping comes across fake. This 'relationship' didn't earn the depth of feeling they are trying to convey from Kate. I didn't see a love affair, I saw a happy sex romp. Where did we see Rafe developing deeper feelings? When did it become 'serious' to him? He might have been bummed to end it, but he did and without emotional turmoil attached.

Rafe's not a nasty guy, so I'm sure he felt bad that Kate believed he classified her as just a good lay prostitute. I didn't see that as coupling moment though. If anything it came across as a way for the writers to keep the sexual fling going til they could get to their 'big reveal' moment down the line.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Hamilton
Jul 17 2013, 10:28 AM
Will&Sonny
magicsteacher
Will&Sonny

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepafter emerging from his coma, the audience already knows that he remembers it.

Oh I believe they were enjoying their sexual companionship and it certainly put a smile on their faces, but as far as saying they were developing deeper feelings? I'm not buying that. I'm not saying they were shown cold hearted wham, bam thank you ma'am now get out of my bed, they obviously liked each other, but it certainly played as a fling. I saw that they had commonality such as family loyalty Rafe for his sister and Kate for Will, but I didn't see any relationship building as they discovered their own personal connection. Yes, Kate liked Rafe in her bed and he's a decent man who isn't going to play her the way Stefano did so it's natural for her to be sad to let the fling go. They were having fun. But to now have Kate declaring Rafe saved her soul and her hovering bedside weeping comes across fake. This 'relationship' didn't earn the depth of feeling they are trying to convey from Kate. I didn't see a love affair, I saw a happy sex romp. Where did we see Rafe developing deeper feelings? When did it become 'serious' to him? He might have been bummed to end it, but he did and without emotional turmoil attached.

Rafe's not a nasty guy, so I'm sure he felt bad that Kate believed he classified her as just a good lay prostitute. I didn't see that as coupling moment though. If anything it came across as a way for the writers to keep the sexual fling going til they could get to their 'big reveal' moment down the line.

I actually think that they did develop some type of feelings for one another. At the very least Kate has and I think we've SEEN it from how she's behaved around him and what her actions have been from the moment he was hit on the head and put into a coma. Rafe on the other hand hasn't been shown to actually have had much of anything but a rebound fuck buddy relationship with her. Although, I'll say that entire, 'he saved my soul' shit was wack.....clearly...if anything....I just tend to think that Rafe probably fucked her soul back into her..then again, I love Kate to death but she was pretty soul less before she married Stefano but anyway....

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Another Ejole scene? :cheer:

Will&Sonny

Hamilton
Jul 17 2013, 10:28 AM
Will&Sonny
magicsteacher
Will&Sonny

Re: the bolded...I distinctly remember the scene where Rafe and Gabi were discussing his relationship with Kate at the Kiriakis mansion. It was certainly obvious to me in that scene that Rafe's feelings for Kate were getting more serious. :shrug: Gabi even asked Rafe if he was in love with Kate, and he was unable to answer the question. If Rafe and Kate had been nothing more than "fuck buddies", it wouldn't have been the least bit difficult to answer that question, but there was clearly more to their relationship than that, so Rafe was hesitant to answer because he hadn't even truly figured out the answer to that question himself.

Later in that same episode, Rafe and Kate forgave each other and resumed their relationship (a direct result of Rafe's earlier conversation with Gabi at the Kiriakis mansion). When Rafe apologized for hurting Kate's feelings with the prostitute comment, Kate's reply was, "Well, your feelings can only be hurt if the person who's inflicting the damage is someone you care about." And since Kate had also hurt Rafe's feelings a few episodes earlier with a comment about Sami, that statement worked both ways.

And recently, we saw that Rafe was dreaming about Kate right before he emerged from his coma, which tells me that he didn't just end their relationship without any sort of "emotional turmoil attached". He was still thinking about it, even while he was in a coma -- he hadn't just packed up and moved on.

Like I said before, I can understand why some viewers might think that Rafe and Kate had developed feelings too quickly. There's always been a lot of resistance to so-called "insta-love" relationships on this site, so that's not surprising. The claims that Rafe and Kate had never thought of each other as anything more than friends with benefits, and that they had never been in any sort of "relationship" with each other, are the ones that puzzle me, since it seems like an indisputable fact to me that Rafe and Kate had each developed some sort of deeper connection to the other person that went beyond just being happy to be getting laid.

Which is why I'll just have to agree to disagree with people who believe otherwise.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

mollymay
Jul 16 2013, 11:03 PM
I think EJ's words to Eric are to put some doubt in Eric's mind regarding Nicole when he starts remembering the night he was drugged. The set up is there for Eric and most of Salem to think its Nicole..and it will be up to her to prove she is innocent and Kristen is the culprit. A scenario I expect Eric will be reluctant to believe any finger Nicole points at Kristen because of their tryst and the recent message she left him, he will think its jealousy until there is proof.

The use of EJ is simply because he knows Nicole well enough to pick up on her feelings for Eric...and he's bold enough to mention it to Eric, that's all and I will be completely surprised if there is any undercurrent other than distaste played out between the two.
I bet it is going to look like Nichole on
the Video that :flipoff: Kristen had edited.

concerned
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
magicsteacher
Will&Sonny
magicsteacher

Can you be that guy?

Tingles go down my spine every time EJ corrects someone on their grammar.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

concerned
Jul 18 2013, 06:38 AM
Will&Sonny
magicsteacher
Will&Sonny

Can you be that guy?

:smile: I like Rate.They have chemistry.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 18 2013, 10:47 AM.

Will&Sonny

concerned
Will&Sonny
magicsteacher
Will&Sonny

Can you be that guy?

I actually am that guy -- I've always been very picky about proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation, and I cringe when I hear things like "epic fail" -- but most people fail to see it as an endearing quality. :lol:

When I was younger (the middle school / high school era of my life), I wasn't the least bit shy about correcting a person's grammar if they made a mistake, regardless of whether that person was a teacher, a relative, or a complete stranger. My grandmother once chastised me for it, stating that I needed to respect my elders. I replied that if I didn't respect her, I would have allowed her to continue to make a fool out of herself with phrases like "could care less" instead of trying to teach her the correct way to talk.

For some reason, it didn't seem to make her feel better. :shrug:

concerned
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jul 19 2013, 01:45 AM
concerned
Will&Sonny
magicsteacher

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepafter

Can you be that guy?

I actually am that guy -- I've always been very picky about proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation, and I cringe when I hear things like "epic fail" -- but most people fail to see it as an endearing quality. :lol:

When I was younger (the middle school / high school era of my life), I wasn't the least bit shy about correcting a person's grammar if they made a mistake, regardless of whether that person was a teacher, a relative, or a complete stranger. My grandmother once chastised me for it, stating that I needed to respect my elders. I replied that if I didn't respect her, I would have allowed her to continue to make a fool out of herself with phrases like "could care less" instead of trying to teach her the correct way to talk.

For some reason, it didn't seem to make her feel better. :shrug:
Well I find that quality hot ..... And I'm a long way away so you don't need to worry about the potential creepiness of that statement.

Correct me anytime you want to.

Alternatively if you want to lead a discussion in how to spell Stefano correctly that would also be warmly appreciated.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

i like Kate and Rafe.
I see chemistry there.

thepadange

Monday, 7/22/2013
Brady confesses he still has feelings for Kristen; Nicole confronts E.J. about what he said to Eric; scandal interrupts the reception for the new school; Adrienne makes a decision with major consequences.

Tuesday, 7/23/2013
Sami realizes she is in more trouble than she thought; Eric and Nicole argue about Sami; Adrienne's action stun Justin and Sonny; Kristen wonders if Brady is being deceitful.

Wednesday, 7/24/2013
Will tells Justin he thinks his mother's legal problems are his fault; Justin blows up at Adrienne; Chad makes a promise to Abigail; Kristen lies to Brady; Abigail wonders about J.J.'s relationship to Theresa.

Thursday, 7/25/2013
Nicole learns Brady and Kristen are together; Daniel tells Eric his plan to figure out who poisoned him; Jennifer issues a warning to Theresa; Kate worries Rafe won't remember their relationship; Cameron gives Gabi advice.

Friday, 7/26/2013
Kristen considers looking to the past to solve her current problem; Rafe finds the news of Sami killing Bernardi disturbing; Abigail pushes Jennifer to let Daniel back in.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCProgram.do?sId=EP00001189&t=Days+of+our+Lives&method=getEpisodesForShow&desc=on
Edited by thepadange, Jul 19 2013, 05:15 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply