Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) removed from credits 7/10, no longer on contract; Drake Hogestyn again not listed
Topic Started: Jul 10 2013, 01:47 PM (9,454 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) was removed from the credits today, meaning he is no longer on contract. His last appearance on contract was June 26, but Dattilo will remain with the show on a recurring basis.

In other news, Drake Hogestyn (John) was again missing from the credits this week, his second week in a row. Hogestyn is still scheduled to appear in two more episodes next week (July 16 and July 17), and at the moment, those will be his final appearances as John until further notice.

Offline Profile Goto Top

jb1183

Bryan Dattilo being taken off contract is such bullshit. The show is really good overall right now, but the inability to utilize Bryan/Lucas and give him a story is a big black mark against the show.
Edited by jb1183, Jul 10 2013, 01:53 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

A big black mark??? Really???
Offline Profile Goto Top

Peanut

I figured they would eventually phase Lucas out. :'( I hate this. Bryan and Drake are getting screwed, but we're stuck with Alison and James? :wtf:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Oh well.....we knew it was coming. I still can't explain how they can't find a way to use a very popular character, played by a very popular actor who is still relatively young to pass for the 'under 40' crowd, but they continue to use the likes of Daniel Jonas...BRILLIANT Days.....you are just shooting yourself in the foot. If anyone deserved to have a love interest brought on for him it's Lucas Horton....but he's treated just like Jack is...another very popular character, played by a popular actor who was once part of a popular pairing he can't move away from...sucks ass.

I guess it could be worse....he could have ended up like Drake....at least he's still around, recurring and appearing on average of 2 epis a month....and the possibility always exists that they'll give him more to do if/when this regime ever changes or someone demands it of the writers.....
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

T-Love74
Jul 10 2013, 01:55 PM
A big black mark??? Really???
yes, really.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Peanut
Jul 10 2013, 02:01 PM
I figured they would eventually phase Lucas out. :'( I hate this. Bryan and Drake are getting screwed, but we're stuck with Alison and James? :wtf:
I would take Bryan Dattilo or Drake Hogestyn over James Scott any day.

Hell, if it were up to me, I'd get rid of James and use the money to pay for increased airtime for Bryan and Drake -- a much better use of that money, as far as I'm concerned.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

So Bryan was still on contract on June and he was in one episode
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jul 10 2013, 02:13 PM
Peanut

Hell, if it were up to me, I'd get rid of James and use the money to pay for increased airtime for Bryan and Drake -- a much better use of that money, as far as I'm concerned.
Amen to that!
Offline Profile Goto Top

mbdimera
Member Avatar

It amuses me that TPTB would rather give Stefano a young, beautiful girlfriend than give one to Lucas. :blulaugh:

I kinda hope eventually Drake returns. I have no interest in seeing Lucas ever again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Bryan deserves better and so does the character Lucas and his fans (like me). This sucks. These writers have never been invested in his character..
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

mbdimera
Jul 10 2013, 02:16 PM
It amuses me that TPTB would rather give Stefano a young, beautiful girlfriend than give one to Lucas. :blulaugh:
Thinking about the fact that Eric has gotten laid* more recently than Lucas has amuses me.

And when I say that it "amuses" me, I really mean that it "annoys the hell out of" me.

(*Yes, I realize that Eric was technically raped and that, as a result of that fact, some people might not want to hear the encounter described as "getting laid", but that's not the point.)
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

The show is really good right now, but I just don't get how there isn't a spot for Lucas on the canvas. I really don't get it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Peanut

Will&Sonny
Peanut

I completely agree. I love Lucas and John and I despise EJ and Sami...especially EJ. Doesn't Corday realize that not everyone loves EJ?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Maggie28wubsEj
Member Avatar

What the hell...how did Ej wind up in a thread about John and Lucas!? I love Bryan but we can't keep on blaming Ej for tptb not wanting to write for him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daysmemories

Will&Sonny
Peanut

At least with John you'd have a REAL man take down Stefano and a true gray character in Lucas
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Will&Sonny
Peanut

Naaahh
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

He is mentioned since one of the most used actors on the and seem one of the most powerful in the show and it does not help when it seem they had more act father to will than lucas
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Let's face it....I have no hope that Bryan's status will change anytime soon, especially with the likes of TomSell at the writing helm. IMHO the only reason they are keeping Bryan around in any capacity and didn't give him the same DH treatment is that they have to write Will out somehow and they already suspected that when they took Bry off contract sometime in Feb or March.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Maggie28wubsEj
Jul 10 2013, 02:53 PM
What the hell...how did Ej wind up in a thread about John and Lucas!? I love Bryan but we can't keep on blaming Ej for tptb not wanting to write for him.
I can only speak for myself, and I know that your comment wasn't specifically directed at me, but...I didn't blame James for this development. I simply said that if it were up to me, Bryan and Drake would still be on the show, getting the same amount of airtime (read: a ton of it) that James has received practically from the moment that he debuted, and James would be gone.

Of course, while my statement was meant as a compliment to Bryan and Drake, it's really not saying that much -- anyone who is familiar with my posts will know that I can't stand James and would gladly fire him and use the money to pay for anyone or anything else. A new dog for Nicole, new sets, more trees for the Horton Town Square, new dressing rooms -- it really doesn't even have to be used on actors. Anything would be better than continuing to see James on-screen, IMO.

But I digress. The point is that Bryan and Drake have far more history on the show than a relative newcomer like James, regardless of the latter man's inexplicable popularity that seems to be based entirely on his looks and accent, and they should be getting at least as much screen time and appreciation as James has been spoiled with. It's only fair.

And yes, the same could be said about Shawn Christian, but he wasn't mentioned in the post that I was originally responding to and I don't dislike him as much as I dislike James, so someone else can make that argument. And James, unlike Shawn, is at least indirectly tied to Bryan and Drake's lack of airtime, because E.J. has been getting to do things lately that Lucas and John should have been getting to do instead. Trying to defeat Stefano, helping Will, giving fatherly advice to Will, showing concern for Allie's feelings, being practically the only person who has been allowed to tell a member of the Horton family that Nick had spent months making Will's life a living hell. That's also not James's fault, but one has to assume that if E.J. weren't around, those storylines would have been given to the people who should have received them in the first place.

Actually, while it's not the answer that I would be inclined to give, since I wasn't blaming James or E.J. for Bryan and Drake's lack of airtime to begin with, the previous paragraph is probably a good place to start if you want to find out why some people seem to be placing that blame squarely on James and E.J.'s shoulders.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic