Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) removed from credits 7/10, no longer on contract; Drake Hogestyn again not listed
Topic Started: Jul 10 2013, 01:47 PM (9,636 Views)
mollymay

Maggie28wubsEj
Jul 10 2013, 02:53 PM
What the hell...how did Ej wind up in a thread about John and Lucas!? I love Bryan but we can't keep on blaming Ej for tptb not wanting to write for him.
I agree with this, in fact if you want to go blaming actors. James/EJ isn't the reason Bryan/Lucas isn't used anymore but Galen/Rafe is!

Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

This makes me SO mad! Of course another one of my favorites bites the dust! Bryan Dattilo is getting the Matt Ashford treatment.

I'm sick and tired of this show shitting on my favorites!
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

mollymay
Jul 10 2013, 03:49 PM
Maggie28wubsEj
What the hell...how did Ej wind up in a thread about John and Lucas!? I love Bryan but we can't keep on blaming Ej for tptb not wanting to write for him.
I agree with this, in fact if you want to go blaming actors. James/EJ isn't the reason Bryan/Lucas isn't used anymore but Galen/Rafe is!

The guy in the coma? Ooookay.

Galen replaced Bryan the first time around, but still... no one's to blame but TPTB.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Team WilSon
Member Avatar
Gif credit: everythingsalem

Bryan Dattilo ‏@Bryan_Dattilo All I can say is I wish Drake and I were on more. Thanks for the support.
https://twitter.com/Bryan_Dattilo/status/355065775373041664

I think I can post this on here..
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

mollymay
Maggie28wubsEj

Bryan was off the show befor GG started. Rafe isn't the one having father/son bonding scenes with Will. Rafe wasn't the one Will was confideing in about Nick being a homophobe.

People wouldn't be so mad at EJ if the writers would put him in his own damn storyline instead of jamming him in Lucas spot and giving him Lucas lines.
Offline Profile Goto Top

salempc
Member Avatar

mollymay
Maggie28wubsEj

I don't fault James for the way "all EJ all the time" has destroyed the show since he arrived in 2006 (I fault him for a lot of other things, but that's not one of them), nor do I fault Galen for being a Lucas-lite recast. They're both entitled to have the chance to be employed. I fault the idiots who hired them and the idiots who continue to keep them employed.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jdawg1077

LuvingLumi
Jul 10 2013, 03:27 PM
Let's face it....I have no hope that Bryan's status will change anytime soon, especially with the likes of TomSell at the writing helm. IMHO the only reason they are keeping Bryan around in any capacity and didn't give him the same DH treatment is that they have to write Will out somehow and they already suspected that when they took Bry off contract sometime in Feb or March.
Agreed. These writers only view Lucas as a supporting character. Had it not been for Will's story last year, I'm sure that he would've been shown the door along with Patrick Muldoon, Christie Clarke, Matthew Ashford, etc. The previous writers tried to reignite Lumi, but they were shown the door soon after they got that started. Once Will leaves (and assuming KC doesn't change his mind about not recasting Will), there will be no reason for the writers to have Lucas on the canvas. The only way he'll return in any full-time capacity is if the writers change, and with the current ratings turnaround for Days, these writers aren't going anywhere.
Online Profile Goto Top

salempc
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Jul 10 2013, 03:55 PM
mollymay
Maggie28wubsEj

Bryan was off the show befor GG started. Rafe isn't the one having father/son bonding scenes with Will. Rafe wasn't the one Will was confideing in about Nick being a homophobe.

People wouldn't be so mad at EJ if the writers would put him in his own damn storyline instead of jamming him in Lucas spot and giving him Lucas lines.
No he wasn't. He was rested in early 2008 but was back on air in May of that year. Rafe didn't arrive til the fall. Lucas was with Chloe by that time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

I knew the evitable would happen once I heard about Drake, I don't care for Jarlena, but I understand the importance of their history as the supercouple of Days. Bryan has always been a team player, he was barely used when he came back and his episode counts are not high, but you have those that have high episode counts and can't act if their life depended on it. The new writers and tptb don't know how to use their best talent, instead they want to pick favorites through nepotism and used actors or actresses who to me are not adding much to the show and my viewership. I can't say I am surprise by this turn of event. I knew once Tomlin was coming back to the show, BD days were numbered. My investment in the show has decrease because they don't value their veterans and don't value talent. I wish the character who was in a coma stayed in a coma, but at last I would not get my wish and the one that has great acting ability was taken off the credits, whatever. Tptb can go screw themselve for all I care. :flipoff:
Edited by Dakota, Jul 10 2013, 04:05 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

There's a difference between saying James and Ali are to blame for Bryan's demotion and saying you'd rather see Bryan on-screen than EJami.

Frankly, I share that latter opinion. I'd rather watch Lucas ANY DAY over EJ and Sami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

salempc
Jul 10 2013, 03:58 PM
TreasureCove
mollymay
Maggie28wubsEj

No he wasn't. He was rested in early 2008 but was back on air in May of that year. Rafe didn't arrive til the fall. Lucas was with Chloe by that time.
I felt that as soon as Rafe came on the scene and Chloe move on with Daniel that BD/Lucas was being phase out. They could not have three male characters interested in Sami. Tomlin was very into GG/Rafe and was pushing and pimping him as Sami's hero and etc. Even during the Sydney storyline with Rafe, Will, and Sami in it. Lucas played a minor role in showing support to his family during this time. Rafe was more a central figure during the time. I remember when they had their vigal for Sydney, Lucas was in the back of the crowd while Rafe was there in the front with Sami, and given Lumi history. Lucas would have been there for her, but nope it was Rafe was there for her. Even when he was on screen during that time, Will was not seeking his father out for advice much, but Will I noticed was seeking advice from Rafe instead. That is just how I saw it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

salempc
Jul 10 2013, 03:58 PM
TreasureCove
mollymay
Maggie28wubsEj

Posted Image

Jeeze, that was a major brain fart moment for me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Lucas is a popular character, he's a Horton and has a lot of story potential. I wish DAYS would use him more.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daysmemories
Member Avatar

After reading these comments I have to ask do TPTB really read this site for feedback?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

I'm so disappointed in this show with all their bias and favoritism and having the show revolve around a chosen few. Daytime serials were meant to be ensemble dramas. ENSEMBLE. Know what that is PTB?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Not Amused
Member Avatar

TPTB need to give Bryan his own SL. Backburning him and taking him off contract is just so wrong. :shame:
Online Profile Goto Top

Sevprince

And with Will going off canvas, we might lose both him and Sonny. :shame:

I really don't understand why they won't use him or others in existing storyline or their own story. Is a soap. You can't have 2 or 3 stories revolving around the same few characters day in and day out. Diversity is the spice of life and ratings.
I hate it when things don't make sense to me Posted Image

I love Lucas.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

mollymay
Maggie28wubsEj

When will everyone understand this, no fucking actor is responsible for another actor not getting screen time. Geez... TPTB are the ONLY fucking people responsible for lack of story/airtime for another actor. I blame, Ken, Tomlin/Whitesell/NBC in this. Why is that so hard to understand??
Online Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: A new dog for Nicole, :cheer: :cheer:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

LuvingLumi
Jul 10 2013, 04:34 PM
When will everyone understand this, no fucking actor is responsible for another actor not getting screen time. Geez... TPTB are the ONLY fucking people responsible for lack of story/airtime for another actor. I blame, Ken, Tomlin/Whitesell/NBC in this. Why is that so hard to understand??
I think you're all arguing two different things.

Did JS or Galen go to TPTB and request more screentime for themselves and less for Bryan? Highly unlikely.

But did some writer or producer see JS's success and decide to move Bryan out of the way? Could be. But as you're saying, that's a TPTB decision and not JS's fault.

Though it is worth noting that I'm sure in the past, some actors have requested more screentime for themselves at the expense of somebody else. I mean, Peggy McCay basically said as much about Suzanne in one of our interviews.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic