Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) removed from credits 7/10, no longer on contract; Drake Hogestyn again not listed
Topic Started: Jul 10 2013, 01:47 PM (9,702 Views)
TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Dakota
Jul 10 2013, 04:04 PM
I felt that as soon as Rafe came on the scene and Chloe move on with Daniel that BD/Lucas was being phase out. They could not have three male characters interested in Sami.
That was and still is ridiculas for all those men to want the brat. They were already moving EJ on. They could have had a love triangle between Lumi and Safe, than brought on another girl for the winner while the loser got backburned with the booby prize.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

So John and Lucas, two legacy characters with tons of history, are pretty much being phased out? Yet, we are stuck with our superstar "leading man" Daniel Jonas almost every single day? :drunk: WTH is wrong with these writers?
Offline Profile Goto Top

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

Jason47
Jul 10 2013, 01:47 PM
Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) was removed from the credits today, meaning he is no longer on contract. His last appearance on contract was June 26, but Dattilo will remain with the show on a recurring basis.

In other news, Drake Hogestyn (John) was again missing from the credits this week, his second week in a row. Hogestyn is still scheduled to appear in two more episodes next week (July 16 and July 17), and at the moment, those will be his final appearances as John until further notice.

At least Bryan is still going to be a recurring character. His name is not one I wanted to see removed from the credits.

Characters I would LOVE to see removed from the canvas FOREVER.... Ejerk, Dan, Rafe, Nick, and Gabbi
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Ellie
Jul 10 2013, 05:25 PM
LuvingLumi
Jul 10 2013, 04:34 PM
When will everyone understand this, no fucking actor is responsible for another actor not getting screen time. Geez... TPTB are the ONLY fucking people responsible for lack of story/airtime for another actor. I blame, Ken, Tomlin/Whitesell/NBC in this. Why is that so hard to understand??
I think you're all arguing two different things.

Did JS or Galen go to TPTB and request more screentime for themselves and less for Bryan? Highly unlikely.

But did some writer or producer see JS's success and decide to move Bryan out of the way? Could be. But as you're saying, that's a TPTB decision and not JS's fault.

Though it is worth noting that I'm sure in the past, some actors have requested more screentime for themselves at the expense of somebody else. I mean, Peggy McCay basically said as much about Suzanne in one of our interviews.
I know that when Tomlin came in as EP in 2008 two stories took a drastic turn from what they were building up that summer, and I know that AS RL pregnancy played a big part in it too, but still.what seemed to be an Ejami/ejole triangle turned into Ejole with the start up if Safe as two separate stories altogether woven in with the baby switch. Then what at one point looked to be shaping up in the summer to have Lucas and Philip fighting over Chloe turned into Philip being shoved toward Morgan with Dan being shoved into Lucloe.. By Dec, chloe was already eying Dan and by the following spring Luxas was out of his own triangle and Kate took his place. All decisions made by TPTB, who are now back at days in different capacities.... They are the problem
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

Here's the thing.

TPTB seem to think that Lucas isn't a viable love interest. I don't see why. Bryan does a great job in the role of Lucas and I think a lot of us have been waiting a long time to see HIM get the girl.

I don't count Sami because she's too fickle for words. Once she really gets a guy, she's not happy more than a few months before her eyes start to wander to someone else. But that's not Lucas's fault. That's a character flaw of Sami's. She's weak and never knows her own mind for long. EJ should still be guarding his feelings, because if Sami follows true to form, she's going to be in pursuit of Rafe again one of these months.

I wish Lucas could get a girl who only has eyes for HIM. Not only that, but Allie and Will are HIS children. He's the only character outside of JJ who sees Daniel for the womanizer that he's been since he came to Salem. I've waited for the rest of Salem to become concerned about Daniel's pattern with women, and so far the only ones who see him the way I do are JJ and Lucas.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie
Member Avatar

Maybe one of the other soaps will snap him up. As popular as he is he will probably get lots of better offers. He looks like he could fit inro the Sonny Corinthos family, same dark good looks and build,
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jul 10 2013, 07:59 PM
Here's the thing.

TPTB seem to think that Lucas isn't a viable love interest. I don't see why. Bryan does a great job in the role of Lucas and I think a lot of us have been waiting a long time to see HIM get the girl.

I don't count Sami because she's too fickle for words. Once she really gets a guy, she's not happy more than a few months before her eyes start to wander to someone else. But that's not Lucas's fault. That's a character flaw of Sami's. She's weak and never knows her own mind for long. EJ should still be guarding his feelings, because if Sami follows true to form, she's going to be in pursuit of Rafe again one of these months.

I wish Lucas could get a girl who only has eyes for HIM. Not only that, but Allie and Will are HIS children. He's the only character outside of JJ who sees Daniel for the womanizer that he's been since he came to Salem. I've waited for the rest of Salem to become concerned about Daniel's pattern with women, and so far the only ones who see him the way I do are JJ and Lucas.
I agree about Lucas. Love him and Bryan (though not near the end of his last run), and want to see him more. However, Sami being fickle is when she started to be written out of character. Sami always knew EXACTLY what she wanted and went after it guns blazing. This bitch basically went after Austin for almost ten consecutive years. This back and forth is what has ruined her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Brewster
Member Avatar

That's a shame. I really like Lucas and think he is a vital character played by a talented actor.

As for Drake, I think John belongs on the show. However, until Drake steps it up, I am good with the break.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mollymay

TreasureCove
Jul 10 2013, 03:55 PM
mollymay
Jul 10 2013, 03:49 PM
Maggie28wubsEj
Jul 10 2013, 02:53 PM
What the hell...how did Ej wind up in a thread about John and Lucas!? I love Bryan but we can't keep on blaming Ej for tptb not wanting to write for him.
I agree with this, in fact if you want to go blaming actors. James/EJ isn't the reason Bryan/Lucas isn't used anymore but Galen/Rafe is!

Bryan was off the show befor GG started. Rafe isn't the one having father/son bonding scenes with Will. Rafe wasn't the one Will was confideing in about Nick being a homophobe.

People wouldn't be so mad at EJ if the writers would put him in his own damn storyline instead of jamming him in Lucas spot and giving him Lucas lines.
EJ is not in the spot Lucas used to occupy. That spot, the family approved man went to Rafe Hernandez.

Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

That sucks. I think BD and DH are still valuable to the show. I especially loved the ejucas snark; always entertaining. Ejafe in any form is downright painful. :shame:
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

mollymay
Jul 10 2013, 09:12 PM
TreasureCove
mollymay
Maggie28wubsEj
What the hell...how did Ej wind up in a thread about John and Lucas!? I love Bryan but we can't keep on blaming Ej for tptb not wanting to write for him.
I agree with this, in fact if you want to go blaming actors. James/EJ isn't the reason Bryan/Lucas isn't used anymore but Galen/Rafe is!

Bryan was off the show befor GG started. Rafe isn't the one having father/son bonding scenes with Will. Rafe wasn't the one Will was confideing in about Nick being a homophobe.

People wouldn't be so mad at EJ if the writers would put him in his own damn storyline instead of jamming him in Lucas spot and giving him Lucas lines.
EJ is not in the spot Lucas used to occupy. That spot, the family approved man went to Rafe Hernandez.

Rafe wasn't family approved.

EJ is too in Lucas spot. All of the father/son bonding scenes were and still are given to EJ. Will keeps going to EJ instead of Lucas. EJ even held little AG first.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mollymay

TreasureCove
Jul 10 2013, 09:32 PM
mollymay
TreasureCove
mollymay

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

EJ is too in Lucas spot. All of the father/son bonding scenes were and still are given to EJ. Will keeps going to EJ instead of Lucas. EJ even held little AG first.
Rafe wasn't family approved?? I guess all that over the top pimping from Roman, Marlena, Brady, Eric and even Lucas was because they didn't like him??

Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysofold

LuvingLumi
Jul 10 2013, 04:34 PM
mollymay
Maggie28wubsEj

When will everyone understand this, no fucking actor is responsible for another actor not getting screen time. Geez... TPTB are the ONLY fucking people responsible for lack of story/airtime for another actor. I blame, Ken, Tomlin/Whitesell/NBC in this. Why is that so hard to understand??
Amen to that! TPTB which includes Corday and TomSell suck royally!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

mollymay
Jul 10 2013, 09:57 PM
TreasureCove
mollymay
TreasureCove

Rafe wasn't family approved?? I guess all that over the top pimping from Roman, Marlena, Brady, Eric and even Lucas was because they didn't like him??

The fact that they pimped Rafe is irrelevant here.....characters have pimped EJ, Dan, Mel, etc.....every character gets their share of that and it's awful any way you look at it.....but Rafe being pimped is totally irrelevant to what we are talking about here. Lucas should have played a more prominent role in this baby storyline with Will. Same goes for Kate, Marlena, etc....but they didn't, while the story pretty much centered around Sami and Nick, with a side of EJ acting as a 'father figure' to Will. Rafe has been in a coma since the beginning of May and JUST woke up but they couldn't even give Lucas more scenes after his own SON was shot and his grandchild was born.....Rafe was in a coma...and Bryan was nearing his final months of his contract in May/June but somehow they could only fit him into 4 episodes in 2 months while major beats were playing in a story he absolutely belonged in??? That's just bullshit writer bias IMHO.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mollymay

LuvingLumi
Jul 10 2013, 10:43 PM
mollymay
Jul 10 2013, 09:57 PM
TreasureCove
mollymay

The fact that they pimped Rafe is irrelevant here.....characters have pimped EJ, Dan, Mel, etc.....every character gets their share of that and it's awful any way you look at it.....but Rafe being pimped is totally irrelevant to what we are talking about here. Lucas should have played a more prominent role in this baby storyline with Will. Same goes for Kate, Marlena, etc....but they didn't, while the story pretty much centered around Sami and Nick, with a side of EJ acting as a 'father figure' to Will. Rafe has been in a coma since the beginning of May and JUST woke up but they couldn't even give Lucas more scenes after his own SON was shot and his grandchild was born.....Rafe was in a coma...and Bryan was nearing his final months of his contract in May/June but somehow they could only fit him into 4 episodes in 2 months while major beats were playing in a story he absolutely belonged in??? That's just bullshit writer bias IMHO.
Oh I totally agree that its writer bias and while Gary T holds a pen in his hand Bryan will never have much of a story.

I was just disagreeing with the idea that Lucas's place in the story was orginally stolen by EJ, it wasn't. Rafe became the placeholder in the "good guy" section of Sami's life.

Yes I agree, Lucas needed to play a bigger part in the Wabi baby, but even so I don't think EJ overstepped the bounds of what the grandmother's fiance and good friend/mentor to the father should play.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

He wasn't supposed to be a good friend/mentor. Will hated the guy who attacked his family enough to kill him,

Yet Will turned his back on the father who loved him, fought for him, one who risked his life in prison to protect him. They turned EJ into mister fucking Rogers and whitewashed his history with Will so he could take Lucas place as Will's father.

Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

soapgal
Jul 10 2013, 11:50 PM
I have watched the show for about 25 years and have never been a Lucas fan. I didn't like Lumi and I thought the idea of Lucas and Chloe was the craziest thing I've ever seen (even for a soap). I do acknowledge, however that Lucas and BD have a significant fan base. You could argue that every character does, but I would say that BD's is larger than many. Truth of the matter is whenever Days takes any character off contract they are pissing off a fan base. I imagine when Pooky disappeared there were many upset about that as well, it's the nature of the beast. However, bottom line seems to be that TPTB do not think he can carry a story and his only place on canvas is supporting. I agree with this opinion. I do not find him charismatic in the least, while he is humorous I enjoy his humor only in a limited supporting role. I have no desire to see a new love interest for him. Please let me be clear I am only expressing my personal opinion, I know not everyone agrees with me, nor do I expect that.

I am a huge JS/EJ fan and I'm not going to debate endlessly who has the bigger fan base or who fans want to see because clearly it is opinion based and there are no winners, only arguments. However, for me personally even if it made more sense for BD to be more involved in the Wabi baby SL, or Will's struggle, or to hold AG for the first time I love JS/EJ and as a fan I was quite happy that he was in these scenes. I cannot imagine I was the only one.

On another note, I went to my boss today and asked for more hours which means obviously someone will lose hours, glad my work place doesn't have a board :sarcasm:
As a card carrying member of the Pookie fan club I'd like to point out that you misspelt her name.
Offline Profile Goto Top

soapgal
Member Avatar

concerned
Jul 10 2013, 11:55 PM
soapgal
I have watched the show for about 25 years and have never been a Lucas fan. I didn't like Lumi and I thought the idea of Lucas and Chloe was the craziest thing I've ever seen (even for a soap). I do acknowledge, however that Lucas and BD have a significant fan base. You could argue that every character does, but I would say that BD's is larger than many. Truth of the matter is whenever Days takes any character off contract they are pissing off a fan base. I imagine when Pooky disappeared there were many upset about that as well, it's the nature of the beast. However, bottom line seems to be that TPTB do not think he can carry a story and his only place on canvas is supporting. I agree with this opinion. I do not find him charismatic in the least, while he is humorous I enjoy his humor only in a limited supporting role. I have no desire to see a new love interest for him. Please let me be clear I am only expressing my personal opinion, I know not everyone agrees with me, nor do I expect that.

I am a huge JS/EJ fan and I'm not going to debate endlessly who has the bigger fan base or who fans want to see because clearly it is opinion based and there are no winners, only arguments. However, for me personally even if it made more sense for BD to be more involved in the Wabi baby SL, or Will's struggle, or to hold AG for the first time I love JS/EJ and as a fan I was quite happy that he was in these scenes. I cannot imagine I was the only one.

On another note, I went to my boss today and asked for more hours which means obviously someone will lose hours, glad my work place doesn't have a board :sarcasm:
As a card carrying member of the Pookie fan club I'd like to point out that you misspelt her name.

Ok I gotta ask did you misspell "misspell" on purpose as a play on words because if you did it was super funny and if you didn't well...lie
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

soapgal
Jul 10 2013, 11:57 PM
concerned
soapgal

Ok I gotta ask did you misspell "misspell" on purpose as a play on words because if you did it was super funny and if you didn't well...lie
Nope that is the correct spelling of misspelt

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/misspell

But i'm Australian so maybe its a colour/ color thing.

But if you want me to lie....

Offline Profile Goto Top

soapgal
Member Avatar

concerned
Jul 11 2013, 12:07 AM
soapgal
Jul 10 2013, 11:57 PM
concerned
soapgal

Nope that is the correct spelling of misspelt

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/misspell

But i'm Australian so maybe its a colour/ color thing.

But if you want me to lie....

And people say this board isn't educational... :blush:
Wonder if I can get a refund on my student loans...
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic