Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) removed from credits 7/10, no longer on contract; Drake Hogestyn again not listed
Topic Started: Jul 10 2013, 01:47 PM (9,647 Views)
JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Hugo
Jul 13 2013, 12:25 PM
Maybe NBC is responsible for all those great male characters being written off the show?

They probably asked a panel (women in the key demos who are not even watching the show) "how attractive do you find these men?" I'm sure Shawn Christian, James Scott, Eric Martsolf tested very well. Drake Hogestyn, Bryan Dattilo, Matthew Assford probably didn't. Then NBC made some "suggestions" to the writers. That would explain a lot...
As a theory, this makes sense. I don't like it or agree with it (especially where Shawn Christian and Bryan Dattilo are concerned), but I can see it being the case.

UGH. :censored:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Aliaron
Jul 13 2013, 12:55 PM
Hugo
Jul 13 2013, 12:25 PM
Maybe NBC is responsible for all those great male characters being written off the show?

They probably asked a panel (women in the key demos who are not even watching the show) "how attractive do you find these men?" I'm sure Shawn Christian, James Scott, Eric Martsolf tested very well. Drake Hogestyn, Bryan Dattilo, Matthew Assford probably didn't. Then NBC made some "suggestions" to the writers. That would explain a lot...
I doubt it. More like they asked Days HR how cheap are these guys?
I think at least with Bryan it has a lot to do with money and I imagine the same is true for Drake. With Bryan they have cheaper alternatives in his age group....all of the men there now in that age bracket Bryan is in likely come at a cheaper rate for Days.....none of them are a 20 year vet with the show and if you push story for Lumi, over let's say Safe or Ejami, you have 2 20 year vets to pay....IDK, I just feel that if Bryan does get offered contract again it'll likely be to close off the show, or JS/GG have to leave for Days to make way for Bryan......and again, they can easily bring another newbie along to give story for Sami.....it's just weird that they won't even give him something to do with another female.....

I really don't think it has anything to do with the network.....when MA said that he said that he had been fired because the show was focusing on the under 40 crowd, problem with that is the Bryan looks younger than some of the guys that are playing younger characters but are over 40 like Miss Case and GG....and even EM is over 40....but at least he still can play a younger character believably
Offline Profile Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Jul 10 2013, 03:55 PM
mollymay
Jul 10 2013, 03:49 PM
Maggie28wubsEj
Jul 10 2013, 02:53 PM
What the hell...how did Ej wind up in a thread about John and Lucas!? I love Bryan but we can't keep on blaming Ej for tptb not wanting to write for him.
I agree with this, in fact if you want to go blaming actors. James/EJ isn't the reason Bryan/Lucas isn't used anymore but Galen/Rafe is!

Bryan was off the show befor GG started. Rafe isn't the one having father/son bonding scenes with Will. Rafe wasn't the one Will was confideing in about Nick being a homophobe.

People wouldn't be so mad at EJ if the writers would put him in his own damn storyline instead of jamming him in Lucas spot and giving him Lucas lines.
Actually, Rafe took over all of Sami's kids at one point, including Lucas'. They all but worshiped the ground Rafe walked on (thanks to the character's worship writing during the Safe era) and Sami and Rafe constantly referred to all of the kids as "our kids".

Rafe replaced EJ AND Lucas as the kids' father.

I like Lucas, and much more prefer to watch him rather than Rafe any day, any time. The question is, why is RAFE still on contract? If anyone can go, it sure is him IMO. I for one would never miss him.

And IMO, the old Lucas/EJ banter was the best. EJLucas for the win.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

I tend to think just Lucas for the win, personally ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I so like Bryan and I'm sad that he's not on as much. I don't understand especially because of Will being on an "A" storyline why he's not on more. I really fear how much we'll even see him once CM leaves the show. Just sad over this one..... :'(
Edited by talbab1994, Jul 13 2013, 05:38 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I just don't get it. BD has given Days 20 years, and this is how he's treated??? :glare:

Posted Image
Edited by bellajewel, Jul 13 2013, 05:52 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

:smile: KC knows which actors are carrying the largest fan bases.
I would think the fan bases are being tracked both through
the fan events and the soap Opera boards.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 13 2013, 06:03 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

This really sucks about Bryan. He is one of the best actors on the show yet nobody ever wants to write for him. I get this bad feeling he may exit the scene with Will when Will leaves :( . Lucas has no story besides Will at this point. So I can see the exits being related. Once Will leaves there will be no reason it seems for the show to ever write for him. I wonder if Will leaves town with Lucas to escape prison time and they disappear.
Edited by michr544125, Jul 13 2013, 06:03 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Fantastic66
Jul 13 2013, 06:02 PM
:smile: KC knows which actors are carrying the largest fan bases.
I would think the fan bases are being tracked both through
the fan events and the soap Opera boards.
Enough with the fanbase stuff, please!
Personally, this really bugs me. I think Lucas is a vital part, sort of like the Jiminy Cricket to Sami's Pinocchio. Heaven knows no one else will call her on her bullshit except maybe Marlena and Nicole. BD and CM work well together; actually, BD seemed to work well with the Wills I saw him with, and the few times he was with poor Allie as well. He's a hunk, but not in that overly Chippendale way that many others. Sometimes it's good to have Everyman on a show. It's a nice balance. He's Jimmy Stewart and Tom Hanks, but on a soap scale. Know what I mean? Matthew Ashford is the same way. And it was stupid to let either of them go or downscale them.
Drake...my vibes on him are a little different. There's just something weird that I can't put my finger on....
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

This is so sad. It truly boggles the mind how TPTB cannot come up with great stuff for this incredibly talented actor to play---and how he has been without an onscreen romantic partner for years while of all people, Sami, has had a revolving door of men. Lucas Horton has so many historical connections to the major players/goings-on in Salem I cannot for the life of me understand why he is not on more. Yes, Salem feels like a community again but if I could change one thing about Days is its treatment of vets. Maybe this is so glaring to me because I also watch GH and they give their vets some great stuff to sink their teeth into.

It's been two months and I am still beyond frosted at the way they wrote John in May and this news about Bryan isn't helping.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

I know its a hard pill to swallow but I am just
telling it like it is.The Producer knows what
the scoop is.Its his job to know.Its a pitty KC
wasn't on his job when the show almost went
off the air.I had also heard that nbc had told KC
to lower his cast.Then it could just be GT not
really wanting to write for Lucas.I wanted Lucas
to have his own s/l.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 13 2013, 09:37 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Fantastic66
Jul 13 2013, 09:27 PM
to have his own s/l.
Can you actually sit there and say that Dan has more fans than lucas?? Than Rafe has more fans than lucas?? Please...the only reason BD isn't getting more screen time is because there is an asshole called Gary fucking Tomlin who doesn't care for the character
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Fantastic66
to have his own s/l.
SOD released a poll where 94% of those questioned objected to Danifer because it was too soon after Jack's death. If it's his job to know what the scoop is he is failing.

And if he was told to lower his cast why are more contract characters being hired?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Luvinglumi:Honestly other Actors fan bases do not concern me.
I don't care how high or how low.The only fan base I am concerned
about is the one I belong to.You said enough with the fan base stuff.
I was replying to a previous poster.They bought fan bases up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

^^rememberno fanbase is ever happy for long.... If JS were fired tomorrow you would be in the same boat as I am in... Never assume you fave is safe... Just saying
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

I think James was getting ready to walk one time and
days wanted him to stay.I am not assuming anything.
I am on :stars: pins and needles hoping james will re-sign his
contract.That's why I don't have time to worry about
other fan bases.I sympathize with them.
If James leaves then I leave.Now I have supported Lucas in better writing and a s/l for him.Lucas had just came back to days.i didn't want to see him lose his job.I read that BD had been doing
construction work.I think BD is a wonderful actor a little over
the top along with AS.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 13 2013, 10:47 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 13 2013, 10:20 PM
^^rememberno fanbase is ever happy for long.... If JS were fired tomorrow you would be in the same boat as I am in... Never assume you fave is safe... Just saying
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

^exactly
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Why is a banner up of EJ?i thought this
was a thread focused on Lucas.I would
think you would be standing by your man
and giving him all the support you can.
Do a twitter blast.

Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 14 2013, 12:57 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 13 2013, 10:02 PM
Fantastic66
to have his own s/l.
Can you actually sit there and say that Dan has more fans than lucas?? Than Rafe has more fans than lucas?? Please...the only reason BD isn't getting more screen time is because there is an asshole called Gary fucking Tomlin who doesn't care for the character
And I don't particularly care for the characters Gary Tomlin cares for.

XXXX

Target audience member 18-49 Female.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic