Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) removed from credits 7/10, no longer on contract; Drake Hogestyn again not listed
Topic Started: Jul 10 2013, 01:47 PM (9,460 Views)
TreasureCove
Member Avatar

That's Aliaron's banner. It's like your avatar. It shows every time she posts, in any thread on the board, just like everyone else who has a banner in their signature.

The banner is hardly flattering to EJ, it's calling him an air hog. It doesn't detract from her positive posts about Lucas, it's showing her full support of Lucas.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 13 2013, 10:20 PM
^^rememberno fanbase is ever happy for long.... If JS were fired tomorrow you would be in the same boat as I am in... Never assume you fave is safe... Just saying
I don't think JS is particularly safe.
The writing for him IMO is horrendous at the moment.
His character is all over the place with little redeeming light.
He had better hold on to AS tight because the moment Sami drops EJ I don't see a lot left for his character.

Stefano deposed, Chad potentially dying of brain aneurism or going anyway.

Dimeras are falling like flies.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

JS can be in EJami or stand alone.He is
a mulit- layered character.
He is a lead male actor.That is something
I read that GT said Lucas isn't leading
man material.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

GT is wrong. Blake Berris was also told that he wasn't leading man material
Edited by TreasureCove, Jul 14 2013, 01:53 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

GT would tell Tony Geary he was not leading man material. By the way he wrote the character of Philip I think he felt thr same about JKJ. Idiot.
Edited by Aliaron, Jul 14 2013, 05:09 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Jul 14 2013, 05:04 AM
GT would tell Tony Geary he was not leading man material. By the way he wrote the character of Philip I think he felt thr same about JKJ. Idiot.
Oh JKJ was leading man material.
Whoever made that decision was stupidity plus.

Not withstanding the fabulousness of JKJ the whole character background was rich enough to sustain 3000 goldmines.

Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Jul 14 2013, 01:51 AM
GT is wrong. Blake Berris was also told that he wasn't leading man material
Blake Berris although he has been written to overcome a horrible homophobic character is just brilliant.

Every time he is one screen I am mesmerised.

Let me use capitals here.

THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WE SHOULD BE WRITING FOR. THESE ARE THE ACTORS WHO CAN LIFT DAYS TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

TBTb's decisions to waste time writing the majority of storylines for actors who couldn't sell paperbags is what is killing this show. And don't tell me the ratings are up. In 2009 when these actors were given storylines we were talking 300,000 + viewers not 250,000.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Fantastic66
Jul 13 2013, 10:17 PM
Luvinglumi:Honestly other Actors fan bases do not concern me.
I don't care how high or how low.The only fan base I am concerned
about is the one I belong to.You said enough with the fan base stuff.
I was replying to a previous poster.They bought fan bases up.
Oy, veh.

What I feel like doing to myself right now.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Jul 14 2013, 08:12 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I can't even get the darn clip to show up. Crap.

Holy Grail Monks
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hugo
Member Avatar

The "Strip Days" episode was very symptomatic: actors like Shawn Christian, Galen Gering, Eric Martsolf, Nathan Owens have hot bodies but their acting skills are underwhelming (even though I think EM has been better lately) and their characters are pretty dull. The (female) audience might be shallow but I'm sure they prefer watching better actors playing compelling characters that might be not as good-looking.
Offline Profile Goto Top

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Whatever happened to that whole Cameron has huge student loans & pays them off to a goon in cash but oh yeah he also has a gun & has some deep secrets in his past storyline? Oh that's right - it went the way of Elvis being prosecuted for stealing all the Basic Black pension funds and voter fraud (or whatever it was) when he ran for Mayor, and the way of that 1/2 a gold coin that was actually quite interesting, and that mysterious figure at Halloween that was shadowing Princess JenJen around the HTC...and the list goes on. This show has SO many dropped storylines (Is Carrie STILL pregnant??!!) and SO many out-of-character characters it's a frickin cartoon.

And I'm gonna go out on a limb & say if you want to know how Days got the Emmy (other than the Will coming-out storyline), check out "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Zucker" and tell me what you see. I'd also go so far as to say that Days didn't want Ari to win the Emmy because that would NOT reflect well on the woman they have front & center - CAN'T have that when so much time & effort has gone into pimpin the Golden Couple "lock stock & barrel" now can we!!

Short of it - Bryan, Drake, Peter & Matthew all got shat upon cause Tomlin doesn't want to write for them - fans be damned. I still wonder if all of this has to do with the near mass-exodus of the younger set - CM, CB and CD all on their way out & it's been said that while Blake has no plans to go anywhere, Days hasn't made an offer to him to stick around. And - who might be next??

Feel free to slam me, this is my opinion on it all - but if it walks like a duck & quacks like a duck, fire up the BBQ and get some orange sauce cause it's a duck.

/end rant
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, Jul 14 2013, 11:40 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Dee-anne

Hugo
Jul 14 2013, 08:21 AM
The "Strip Days" episode was very symptomatic: actors like Shawn Christian, Galen Gering, Eric Martsolf, Nathan Owens have hot bodies but their acting skills are underwhelming (even though I think EM has been better lately) and their characters are pretty dull. The (female) audience might be shallow but I'm sure they prefer watching better actors playing compelling characters that might be not as good-looking.
I just thought I would add - 'Some' of the female audience might be shallow, and I am guessing it is the minority but, I do agree with the rest of what you wrote. I would much rather watch compelling stories than to have these men taking off their shirts every two minutes. We can see that they have a nice physique without them having to take off their shirts, and when they do, it should be a treat, not become the norm. and if they do have to take off their shirts, I would rather if it was not obviously staged for them to do so. Lucas also has a nice physique, and he looks just as good as the others when he takes his shirt off.

If I had to choose who had the best physique out of all of them including J.S. I would say E.M (but that is just my personal taste) I am guessing that is why, instead of writing Brady a decent story, all they write for him is sex scenes, with words of love thrown in. I would rather that they gave him a proper story and stop turning him into an idiot, it's off putting even with his nice build.
Edited by Dee-anne, Jul 14 2013, 12:25 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Fantastic66
Jul 14 2013, 01:38 AM
JS can be in EJami or stand alone.He is
a mulit- layered character.
He is a lead male actor.That is something
I read that GT said Lucas isn't leading
man material.
And by all means, what Gary Tomlin says is gospel............... :huh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jul 14 2013, 08:13 AM

Holy Grail Monks
Way off topic---the Killer Rabbit! Taunting French! Shrubbery!
Online Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

JarlenaLante
Jul 14 2013, 01:06 PM
ladyofthelake
Jul 14 2013, 08:13 AM

Holy Grail Monks
Way off topic---the Killer Rabbit! Taunting French! Shrubbery!
It is. I just wanted to show something smacking its head like I wanted to do in response to some of this, LOL. Run away!!!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Jul 14 2013, 11:30 AM
Whatever happened to that whole Cameron has huge student loans & pays them off to a goon in cash but oh yeah he also has a gun & has some deep secrets in his past storyline?
The story about the gun and secrets wasn't dropped. The secret was that he was in debt. The gun was a prop in his strip club act.
Edited by six, Jul 14 2013, 01:37 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

I don't think there were any qualms about
Ari Zucker being voted supporting actress.
I dont think the status keeps actors from getting
roles that are a disservice.
Nichole really has no ties to anyone in Salem.
She doesn't have ties to the Dimeras like Sami.
Getting back to Lucas.I wanted Autum to come to
Salem for him.That would really kick off the :flipoff: Sami/Kate
dynamic.Lucas wouldn't have very much of a s/l
not with another Woman around.I hated how Lucus
is hardly ever shown with Allie.Where is Allie?
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 15 2013, 03:43 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

I would have LOVED to see AS in a dual role as Sami as well as Autumn - contacts & a wig and make her character SUPER nice and thoughtful - just to really piss Sami off. Autumn & Kate could have become fast friends, etc...but no. They just get rid of a character & actor that's been on for decades...cause that's just easier. IMO, it's not even about the money any more, it's about whats easiest for Tomlin to do and clearly, it's not write with any level of creativity, thought or regard for the history of the show & fans who have stood by for decades.

Six - point taken about Cameron & his gun being a prop, but the other characters being out of character point remains.

Ladyofthelake - love the picture - T is a great character, I kinda wish they'd give him a bit of a backstory.
Online Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Jul 14 2013, 03:06 PM
I would have LOVED to see AS in a dual role as Sami as well as Autumn - contacts & a wig and make her character SUPER nice and thoughtful - just to really piss Sami off. Autumn & Kate could have become fast friends, etc...but no. They just get rid of a character & actor that's been on for decades...cause that's just easier. IMO, it's not even about the money any more, it's about whats easiest for Tomlin to do and clearly, it's not write with any level of creativity, thought or regard for the history of the show & fans who have stood by for decades.

Six - point taken about Cameron & his gun being a prop, but the other characters being out of character point remains.

Ladyofthelake - love the picture - T is a great character, I kinda wish they'd give him a bit of a backstory.
Seeing AS play another dual role on this show would have a lot of fans complaining about the show being too focused on her...even more so than what we see now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Jul 14 2013, 03:06 PM

Great post! However, imo it's personal with Tomlin. He doesn't like BD. What a damn shame. :shame: :soapbox:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic