Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) removed from credits 7/10, no longer on contract; Drake Hogestyn again not listed
Topic Started: Jul 10 2013, 01:47 PM (9,752 Views)
Fantastic66
Member Avatar

I tried
to get Actress Adrianne Frantz (Amber)from BB
on Kens radar for the role of Autum.I think Adrianne.
Frantz would have been perfect as Autum.The character would
have to be tough to stand up against the :flipoff: Sami/Kate dynamic.
I pictured that as being a good s/l for Lucas.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 15 2013, 03:38 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

This sucks. BD deserves better treatment. Lumi is a popular pairing, but Lucas is a viable character on his own. He can have a new love interest. It's the same treatment with Jack/MA. Jack gets thrown aside so Jennifer can get a new guy, yet he was never able to get another love interest. There are story possibilities for Lucas. It just takes a good writer to actually make it happen. BD is a good actor and he's proven that throughout the years. Unfortunately, GT doesn't like Bryan, so Lucas gets sidelined while others characters like Dan and Rafe get story after story. I don't get it.
Edited by Deverauxfan, Jul 14 2013, 05:00 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Fantastic66
Jul 14 2013, 02:26 PM
I don't think there were any qualms about
Ari Zucker being voted supporting actress.
I dont think the status keeps actors from getting
roles that are a disservice.
Nichole really has no ties to anyone in Salem.
Of course she was married to EJ for a wihile the
second time around.
She doesn't have ties to the Dimeras like Sami.
Getting back to Lucas.I wanted Autum to come to
Salem for him.That would really kick off the :flipoff: Sami/Kate
dynamic.Lucas wouldn't have very much of a s/l
not with another Woman around.I hated how Lucus
is hardly ever shown with Allie.Where is Allie?
Why would Nicole need ties to anyone, let alone the Dimeras? She has her own history in Salem and is played by a talented actress. These writers are just too stupid to let her showcase all of her multiple talents. They'd rather jam someone else into roles and situations that she doesn't have the ability to handle, instead of giving them to Arianne Zucker, who does.

There are plenty of storylines for Lucas, I can think of 20 before noon. In fact, there was JUST a front burner storyline for him involving his son being blackmailed with something Lucas went to jail for, and the birth of his first grandchild! :frustration:
Offline Profile Goto Top

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

And - unlike Dr. Taniels contrived parentage, Lucas has direct ties to other characters on the canvas as the only child of Kate's to still be in town. Keeping him on, or at least giving him an exit storyline could have been a wonderful vehicle to bring Bill Horton back - his bio-father & Princess JenJen's father as well. That could have lead into the development of Anne's character - maybe Bill had a fling with Anne's mom...oh wait..that'd be like making a character interesting so we can understand her motivation & maybe root for her & want to see her with Roman. My bad.

Back to topic - this leaves me to wonder/speculate, what might be in store for Kate. Her kids will all be gone, Stefano still loves her and wants her back wants nothing to do with her, and with Rafe in a coma & Galen tweeting that he's not getting another storyline...is Kate's future in jeopardy as well? Pure speculation, but with the dismissal of vets, I don't see it as too far-fetched (err...not Fetch, but fetch).
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, Jul 14 2013, 07:05 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

It would have been good
for Lucas to stick around
to be with Ali and his new
grand baby.I can see some
s/l potential for him with family.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 15 2013, 03:35 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aimikins
Member Avatar

I.Cant.Take. Anymore
Offline Profile Goto Top

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Any more what? My silly ramblings? LOL! Sorry - just speculating on what might happen - if only I had the ability to see into the future...

Face it, I'd be all over the PowerBall numbers the next time it was up over 200 mill. Priorities, people!!
Online Profile Goto Top

Aimikins
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Jul 14 2013, 08:08 PM
Any more what? My silly ramblings? LOL! Sorry - just speculating on what might happen - if only I had the ability to see into the future...

Face it, I'd be all over the PowerBall numbers the next time it was up over 200 mill. Priorities, people!!
No LOL all the back and forth disagreeing..... the debating is crazy . Agree to disagree and let it be
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaycee

Hugo
Jul 13 2013, 12:25 PM
Maybe NBC is responsible for all those great male characters being written off the show?

They probably asked a panel (women in the key demos who are not even watching the show) "how attractive do you find these men?" I'm sure Shawn Christian, James Scott, Eric Martsolf tested very well. Drake Hogestyn, Bryan Dattilo, Matthew Assford probably didn't. Then NBC made some "suggestions" to the writers. That would explain a lot...
Then one would think Roman would have been tossed in.. And if they are keeping actors based only on Looks with those judging having Zero knowledge of them or their History.. Thats beyond STUPID.. A Better Study group would be to have them watch 3 Storylines from over the years.. For Jarlena Such as... The Affair, Aremed, The Possession (or heck any three)
For Lumi.. I dont know the names as I wasnt a superfan But I know they had great ones.
Jack and Jennifers and then Dr Tan's Numerous affairs band dannifer..
Then let the Study group decide which couples held their interest the most.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Oh nooooo. I knew it, I knew they'd phase Lucas out. The number of male characters I give a shit about on this show is pretty much limited to Lucas, Justin and Abe (I do have a soft spot for Drake). And because DAYS can't do many storylines beyond romance, I see a certain former daytime staple finally being kicked off my DVR. I'm sorry but a show anchored by EJ, Daniel, Rafe, Brady, Eric, Cameron, Stefano, watered down Victor, and Fauxman -- blehhhhh.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Hugo
Jul 14 2013, 08:21 AM
The "Strip Days" episode was very symptomatic: actors like Shawn Christian, Galen Gering, Eric Martsolf, Nathan Owens have hot bodies but their acting skills are underwhelming (even though I think EM has been better lately) and their characters are pretty dull. The (female) audience might be shallow but I'm sure they prefer watching better actors playing compelling characters that might be not as good-looking.
I saw this as DAYS trying to be fun and sexy like GH, but then again I think the whole hospital rivalry shit with Jennifer, Anne and Daniel is DAYS' version of Britt, Patrick and whatsername (the "nice girl"). I think the appeal has more in common with age than with gender, although obviously it did target straight women and gay men. But I saw more people being excited about it where the average age is lower, whereas longer time and older fans weren't really moved by it.

(I personally found it a sad sign of the times, symptomatic indeed.)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mouse Mom

I had stopped watching for several years and came back when I happened to be home the day Rafe showed up. Yep gotta keep Rafe.
They also should keep Lucas and give him a story.
And Nicole is always up to something and always entertaining. Gotta keep her.

I have an idea, get rid of Sami!!! That character is so annoying! That would free up lots of story time for the other characters.
And let's have Jennifer and her kids move somewhere else, and never move back.

I am hoping that they do decide to use Lucas more though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

I think the actor of Lucas has either a bad relation with the current producers and thats probably why they are doing this or that the current writers don't see the potential of Lucas. They have written him very 2-D.

This is not any other actors fault. The writers are just probably not capable to handle several characters at once.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Hologram
Jul 21 2013, 01:56 AM
I think the actor of Lucas has either a bad relation with the current producers and thats probably why they are doing this or that the current writers don't see the potential of Lucas. They have written him very 2-D.

This is not any other actors fault. The writers are just probably not capable to handle several characters at once

The writers are just not capable to write long time characters
it not the actors fault it still sting the producers and writers over favorite new characters over old one
The writers can not write for long times characters
this there viewers point view
jack [matthew ashford]not need we have daniel to replace him and any one that will hate daniel treat as bad guy

lucas one of the younger vets on show while other 4 men in his age group they are in frontburner and lucas if is lucky will next caroline

john was the show hero and face for last 3 decades the writers do not see anything to writers for him
bo was also the show hero and face for last 3 decades

i know Peter Reckell chose to leave from i what i heard it was never about money

the show just let me leave while with other actors they fought to keep them [none of them was vets]

if you have history in show the show refuse to write for you and fot those that lucky that written stuff are big rewritten history
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jul 21 2013, 07:47 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

I donīt understand why they treat vets like this, it makes no sense to me. I would think they would want to bring in as many viewers as possible. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

His return was HORRIBLY mis-handled and his talents under-used. His reunion with Sami was a bit rushed due to the divorce with Rafe and over-looked by her reunion with EJ. And once Will came out, his character seemed to be written off into an imaginary sunset. I would hope with the casting of Chrishell Stause, it would re-ignite the writers' drive to write for his character. But I'm guessing that's not happening.

If he is off contract, he should move to a show that'll actually appreciate his amazing acting talents. Bad move Days of our Lives after months of amazing moves!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Unless Gary Tomlin is gone, this show will never write for Bryan Dattilo, or Drake, or Peter, etc....he hates these actors or their characters....he really does. I've heard at least in Bryan's case, it's not Bryan but Lucas that he can't stand....he seems him as a character that if he is showcased so much would make Rafe obsolete, but that is where he's wrong.....you see, I might not like Rafe but he can exist, so can Lucas and so can EJ, as long as they exist in the capacities their characters were originally created for. EJ the villain.....obviously, the romantic lead attempts IMHO is what's made the character a total and complete failure....keep him as a villain and it works. Rafe, the good, cop who is willing to bend the rules a bit to suit his own needs....that's just like Bo, Hope, Roman and all other members of the Salem PD.....Lucas can exist in the grey area, because he was and will always be a grey character. Why they took away his scheming side, I'd never know....his mother is around town and he can certainly have a good story with her....Ej and Sami can exist and Lucas can exist against them but not in the romantic sense....have Lucas and Kate partner up to have Kate take back countess W from the idiots that are running it now...since it no longer belongs to Stefano that wants preventing Kate from doing a hostile takeover of her own....all they need is sales to start heading south for CW and Kate and Lucas can work their magic and take it over.....I'd always thought that Lucas would scheme as he got older for what mattered to him...his kids, his family, anyone important to him....but somehow they took the schemer out of the guy in order to pair him with sami and it's a failure for both Sami and Lucas....as they did the same to Sami too.....now they did the same to EJ until he recently took over Stefano's 'empire' he did nothing but dance around Sami's glittery hoo haa......they can all exist if they wanted them too. Problem is they don't want them to...and that's just wrong.
Online Profile Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 21 2013, 09:57 PM
Unless Gary Tomlin is gone, this show will never write for Bryan Dattilo, or Drake, or Peter, etc....he hates these actors or their characters....he really does. I've heard at least in Bryan's case, it's not Bryan but Lucas that he can't stand....he seems him as a character that if he is showcased so much would make Rafe obsolete, but that is where he's wrong.....you see, I might not like Rafe but he can exist, so can Lucas and so can EJ, as long as they exist in the capacities their characters were originally created for. EJ the villain.....obviously, the romantic lead attempts IMHO is what's made the character a total and complete failure....keep him as a villain and it works. Rafe, the good, cop who is willing to bend the rules a bit to suit his own needs....that's just like Bo, Hope, Roman and all other members of the Salem PD.....Lucas can exist in the grey area, because he was and will always be a grey character. Why they took away his scheming side, I'd never know....his mother is around town and he can certainly have a good story with her....Ej and Sami can exist and Lucas can exist against them but not in the romantic sense....have Lucas and Kate partner up to have Kate take back countess W from the idiots that are running it now...since it no longer belongs to Stefano that wants preventing Kate from doing a hostile takeover of her own....all they need is sales to start heading south for CW and Kate and Lucas can work their magic and take it over.....I'd always thought that Lucas would scheme as he got older for what mattered to him...his kids, his family, anyone important to him....but somehow they took the schemer out of the guy in order to pair him with sami and it's a failure for both Sami and Lucas....as they did the same to Sami too.....now they did the same to EJ until he recently took over Stefano's 'empire' he did nothing but dance around Sami's glittery hoo haa......they can all exist if they wanted them too. Problem is they don't want them to...and that's just wrong.
The problem with Lucas' character is that it has always been tied to Sami. Bryan complained about that often and desperately wanted to be written out of "the box". They attempted a different love interest for him with Chloe, but that failed miserably.

I think that EJ as a romantic lead is just fine. It looks like he'll be kept a villain anyways, but if Victor Newman on Y&R could be a romantic lead for years, so can EJ Dimera. After all Sami's been a villain for years in the same capacity as EJ and been paired with Lucas before and EJ and Rafe after.

That being said I agree that they can write for Lucas if they chose to, and I agree that it would make Rafe obsolete. Heck, anyone can make Rafe obsolete. Not to mention that Lucas is a favorite character of the audience with history on the show, and Rafe is... well... Rafe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Saying the problem with Lucas is that he's linked to Sami is like saying the problem with Jack is that he was linked to Jennifer. That's not true. Links don't hurt characters. Bad writing and bad writers hurt characters.

Saying that Lucas make Rafe obsolete is about as truthful as saying bringing Bill back would make Roman obsolete. Lucas and Rafe or totally two different characters. Rafe is the hero while Lucas is the anti-hero. Rafe is superman. Lucas is batman.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

outrageous
Jul 22 2013, 02:22 PM
LuvingLumi
Jul 21 2013, 09:57 PM
The problem with Lucas' character is that it has always been tied to Sami. Bryan complained about that often and desperately wanted to be written out of "the box". They attempted a different love interest for him with Chloe, but that failed miserably.

I think that EJ as a romantic lead is just fine. It looks like he'll be kept a villain anyways, but if Victor Newman on Y&R could be a romantic lead for years, so can EJ Dimera. After all Sami's been a villain for years in the same capacity as EJ and been paired with Lucas before and EJ and Rafe after.

That being said I agree that they can write for Lucas if they chose to, and I agree that it would make Rafe obsolete. Heck, anyone can make Rafe obsolete. Not to mention that Lucas is a favorite character of the audience with history on the show, and Rafe is... well... Rafe.
First of all I do not get why people think the writers attempt to write Chloe as lucas love interest they put chloe with lucas it totally different.after lucas had written love interest sami they had lucas hook with chloe only because they both hurt and after that they were off screen as couple.while Chloe written as Daniel fast without looking the audience reaction.and really you compare victor Newman to ej I do not get it
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic