Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) removed from credits 7/10, no longer on contract; Drake Hogestyn again not listed
Topic Started: Jul 10 2013, 01:47 PM (9,858 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Aliaron
Jul 22 2013, 02:59 PM
Saying the problem with Lucas is that he's linked to Sami is like saying the problem with Jack is that he was linked to Jennifer. That's not true. Links don't hurt characters. Bad writing and bad writers hurt characters.

Saying that Lucas make Rafe obsolete is about as truthful as saying bringing Bill back would make Roman obsolete. Lucas and Rafe or totally two different characters. Rafe is the hero while Lucas is the anti-hero. Rafe is superman. Lucas is batman.
Sadly, in TPTB's eyes it seems more like Rafe is Batman and Lucas is Robin. Or maybe Alfred.

While I agree that good writing fixes most things I think the point about being tied to Sami being a problem for BD is they don't seem to feel he is of much value doing anything else. Thus, they don't bother writing for him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

Well that is a very sad and poor mis-judgement on the writers'/tptb's parts. Writers write and create stories out of nothing. They should be able to do that consistently. For shame.
Edited by elci525, Jul 22 2013, 04:09 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

MarDar and probably Greg Meng were responsible for bringing Lucas back to the show.I'm not sure what their plan for him was, because I found it odd that he and Sami never had a full on love scene. That seemed like an indication that the two of them weren't going to have a serious relationship.

The current writers didn't have story for Lucas when they were with Days before, and they apparently didn't want to write for him when they came back to the show. I'm honestly surprised that they kept him on recurring because they could have easily let him go completely. I think there are many opportunities for them to write good story for Lucas that don't have to be Sami centric, but I don't think it's going to happen any time soon. I believe Meng is an advocate for Lucas/Bryan, but I also think Meng has very little say at this time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

IMHO Mardar rushed Lumi getting back together solely to push Ejami, they'd have that she'd end up with Ej after the cliffhanger and after her and lucas split, autumn would have come to town around November sweeps, having Sami bounce back between Ej and Lucas.... I believe the plan was to have Rafe and Carrie sleep together and they'd be a who's the daddy in that front with Austin.... Ej would likely drown his sorrows with Nicole if Sami got jealous of Lucas and Autumn...
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
Jul 21 2013, 09:57 PM
Unless Gary Tomlin is gone, this show will never write for Bryan Dattilo, or Drake, or Peter, etc....he hates these actors or their characters....he really does. I've heard at least in Bryan's case, it's not Bryan but Lucas that he can't stand....he seems him as a character that if he is showcased so much would make Rafe obsolete, but that is where he's wrong.....you see, I might not like Rafe but he can exist, so can Lucas and so can EJ, as long as they exist in the capacities their characters were originally created for. EJ the villain.....obviously, the romantic lead attempts IMHO is what's made the character a total and complete failure....keep him as a villain and it works. Rafe, the good, cop who is willing to bend the rules a bit to suit his own needs....that's just like Bo, Hope, Roman and all other members of the Salem PD.....Lucas can exist in the grey area, because he was and will always be a grey character. Why they took away his scheming side, I'd never know....his mother is around town and he can certainly have a good story with her....Ej and Sami can exist and Lucas can exist against them but not in the romantic sense....have Lucas and Kate partner up to have Kate take back countess W from the idiots that are running it now...since it no longer belongs to Stefano that wants preventing Kate from doing a hostile takeover of her own....all they need is sales to start heading south for CW and Kate and Lucas can work their magic and take it over.....I'd always thought that Lucas would scheme as he got older for what mattered to him...his kids, his family, anyone important to him....but somehow they took the schemer out of the guy in order to pair him with sami and it's a failure for both Sami and Lucas....as they did the same to Sami too.....now they did the same to EJ until he recently took over Stefano's 'empire' he did nothing but dance around Sami's glittery hoo haa......they can all exist if they wanted them too. Problem is they don't want them to...and that's just wrong.

With short terms villains there is no need for loveinterests for them, but EJ is a long term villain so I donīt see how he could be just a villain without a loveinterest especially since he is hot as opposite Andre Dimera, heck even Stefano Dimera has a loveinterest. The problem is if they have EJ change to much to fit with his loveinterest. I can see how EJ has been to good for a while but now he is becoming darker again and hopefully they will be able to combine EJīs dark side with Ejami otherwise is Sami probably wrong for him and then they need to find a woman that can accept his dark side. Sami doesnīt have to accept EJīs dark side in my opinion though if it creates angst for them that could work too. I know Nicole does but Iīm not sure if they have the right kind of chemistry to make it as a couple.
Offline Profile Goto Top

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

In my never-to-be-humble opinion, Nicole and EJ have the abillity & willingness to not only accept each others dark side, but they encourage it when the need suits them...and the chemistry simply drips off them without effort. And if Sami isn't willing to accept EJ's dark side, they have no chance unless he completely rejects ALL things DiMera - including the money, the power and the name itself while she has to reject all things Brady - including her family and the support & stability and (somewhat level of) sanity they offer her when she continually jacks up her life so bad.

P.S. Tony/Andre was totally hot!! :blulaugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 22 2013, 08:04 PM
IMHO Mardar rushed Lumi getting back together solely to push Ejami, they'd have that she'd end up with Ej after the cliffhanger and after her and lucas split, autumn would have come to town around November sweeps, having Sami bounce back between Ej and Lucas.... I believe the plan was to have Rafe and Carrie sleep together and they'd be a who's the daddy in that front with Austin.... Ej would likely drown his sorrows with Nicole if Sami got jealous of Lucas and Autumn...
That sounds like a MUCH better turn of events!!!

I miss Lucas on my screen :(

But then part of me says, I finally got Kristen back, maybe I should just be happy with that... BUT LUCAS!!!
Edited by Mean, Mean, Mean!, Jul 24 2013, 08:20 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dee-anne

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Jul 24 2013, 07:28 AM
In my never-to-be-humble opinion, Nicole and EJ have the abillity & willingness to not only accept each others dark side, but they encourage it when the need suits them...and the chemistry simply drips off them without effort. And if Sami isn't willing to accept EJ's dark side, they have no chance unless he completely rejects ALL things DiMera - including the money, the power and the name itself while she has to reject all things Brady - including her family and the support & stability and (somewhat level of) sanity they offer her when she continually jacks up her life so bad.

I agree with what you said about EJ and Nicole.

As for Sami, arent they re-writing her to accept EJ's darkside, once it materialises. She is already boasting about EJ being more powerful than Stefano and behaving like she is queen of the Dimera housefold, and feeling proud. So, when it use to be said, that Sami wouldn't do this and she wouldn't do that, we can no longer say that.

Who would have thought that she would be running to Stefano of all people to help her with her problems.
Who would have thought after all the things that EJ has done to her, that she would be lying in bed after having sex with him, plotting the demise of Nick.

If they turn EJ dark, they are probably going to make her perfectly ok with it, and just showing her putting up tolen fights. They probably write in more angry sex between the two, and then straight after, show her accepting whatever he does, as he continues to hide certain things from her. He is definitely not going to reject all things Dimera.

The Dimeras are suppose to be the enemy of the Brady's and look at the way she is cosying up to them. And I find it quite ridiculous that she hates on Kristen, when EJ has done so many bad things to her and her family and she is now going to marry him. She does not have to reject all things Brady because her family is behind her no matter what she does, or whaever crap decisions she makes. Don't forget it is the Sami show.

Edited by Dee-anne, Jul 24 2013, 08:32 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Dee-anne
Jul 24 2013, 08:28 AM
No1_ILoveLucyFan
Jul 24 2013, 07:28 AM

I agree with what you said about EJ and Nicole.

As for Sami, arent they re-writing her to accept EJ's darkside, once it materialises. She is already boasting about EJ being more powerful than Stefano and behaving like she is queen of the Dimera housefold, and feeling proud. So, when it use to be said, that Sami wouldn't do this and she wouldn't do that, we can no longer say that.

Who would have thought that she would be running to Stefano of all people to help her with her problems.
Who would have thought after all the things that EJ has done to her, that she would be lying in bed after having sex with him, plotting the demise of Nick.

If they turn EJ dark, they are probably going to make her perfectly ok with it, and just showing her putting up tolen fights. They probably write in more angry sex between the two, and then straight after, show her accepting whatever he does, as he continues to hide certain things from her. He is definitely not going to reject all things Dimera.

The Dimeras are suppose to be the enemy of the Brady's and look at the way she is cosying up to them. And I find it quite ridiculous that she hates on Kristen, when EJ has done so many bad things to her and her family and she is now going to marry him. She does not have to reject all things Brady because her family is behind her no matter what she does, or whaever crap decisions she makes. Don't forget it is the Sami show.

and you've just described why the character of Sami has taken such a fall, IMHO.....Sami could be evil, Sami could be a bitch, Sami could target her own family but no one better target hers, Sami could take revenge for someone hurting her son, all that she could have done and frankly would have done before the last couple of years, we can now say she doesn't do. Also, I still don't believe it was in character for Sami to go to Stefano for help with the Will situation.... Add to that her cheating ways and the character is left with NOTHING to root for...explains why I can no longer stand her and I'm not the only former fan that once adored, defending and debated at length about why I found her to be a good character....nowadays...not so much.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

Sami worked for Andre/Tony as Stan so I think itīs in her character, she is finally back to her scheming roots.
Offline Profile Goto Top

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Yes, yes she did - and as Stan, she risked not only her life, but Shawn, Brady, Rex, and Lucas when they all went to war to rescue Philip when he was at war. All in the name of "revenge" against Kate (for setting her up with Brandon to thwart her wedding to Lucas) and Belle and John and and and and and... Sami is a cartoon & needs to grow the hell up because her schemes are juvenile and boring anymore. The whole "Woe is me!!" is just...blah. JMO
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

I like her schemes, but I do think that she should grow up she is acting to childish, and she stop acting like itīs all about me I find it unbelievable that someone would have so little self awareness. I mostly like her in bed with EJ otherwise she is a bit over the top.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Jul 25 2013, 07:45 AM
Yes, yes she did - and as Stan, she risked not only her life, but Shawn, Brady, Rex, and Lucas when they all went to war to rescue Philip when he was at war. All in the name of "revenge" against Kate (for setting her up with Brandon to thwart her wedding to Lucas) and Belle and John and and and and and... Sami is a cartoon & needs to grow the hell up because her schemes are juvenile and boring anymore. The whole "Woe is me!!" is just...blah. JMO
Difference is that she didn't know it was Tony when she agreed to the plan and by the time she found out it was already too late. Unlike now I don't think Sami would have agreed to go with the plan if she knew Tony (Andre) was behind it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

We're going to lock this as the original topic happened a while ago and seems to be finished being discussed.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic