Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Thursday July 11th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 11 2013, 08:19 AM (13,005 Views)
Aliaron
Member Avatar

MissLola
Jul 13 2013, 01:45 PM
Or maybe someone could start a rape debate board for this topic? :whistle:
And then start a Dan the tan man board. And a Jenn the nitwit board... or John ooc board...

If you started a board for the topics that show up over and over again you would not have a dicussion board.

Tptb need to fix these problem. If your car stink, clean it out. Don't just get mad that people keep bringing it up. Cleaning out doesn't mean cover up.
Edited by Aliaron, Jul 13 2013, 01:55 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Or we could discuss what happened on Thursday's episode and not 12/29/06 over and over again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

I stated why that avi made me uncomfortable. Twice before he did not stop when she wanted him to, so I have no reason to believe that when he bent her over that desk and yelled at her that he wouldn't have raped her again if she told him to let her go.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

MissLola
Jul 13 2013, 01:55 PM
Or we could discuss what happened on Thursday's episode and not 12/29/06 over and over again.
This violent sex between a man and a woman he raped happened on Thursday's episode.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

The funny thing about discussing soaps is one usually dicusses history when talking about today. Jack still comes up and he hasnt been on in a while. History is history. And its often brought up in soap discussions. Actually I think that goes for all tv discussions even the news.

Edited by Aliaron, Jul 13 2013, 02:01 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

And it's usually the same few people saying the same thing over and over. It's called thread highjacking and drives away others that may want to read/post/discuss something about the show. I could care less about Ejami or what they are doing. I simply use my FF button and focus on what I do enjoy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Jul 13 2013, 01:58 PM
MissLola
This violent sex between a man and a woman he raped happened on Thursday's episode.
But comparing the two is a no no apparently. Because some people dont want to hear it. But its fine to act like the violence in that scene is hot without any context of history. Meanwhile lets berate Dan because of the history of that character.

Bringing up the same thing over and over again never was a problem before. Soap fans do it all the time. Why now?
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

TreasureCove
Jul 13 2013, 01:57 PM
I stated why that avi made me uncomfortable. Twice before he did not stop when she wanted him to, so I have no reason to believe that when he bent her over that desk and yelled at her that he wouldn't have raped her again if she told him to let her go.

I understand the uncomfortable part but I do think you have reason to believe he wouldnīt violently rape her because;

1 the first rape wasnīt violent he used blackmailed

2 I donīt think in a million years that the writers would have EJ violently rape Sami, they would not do that to the Ejami fans, nor would the actors ever agree to it.

3 You probably saw the episode begore the avi.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Jul 13 2013, 02:06 PM
TreasureCove
MissLola
But comparing the two is a no no apparently. Because some people dont want to hear it. But its fine to act like the violence in that scene is hot without any context of history. Meanwhile lets berate Dan because of the history of that character.

Bringing up the same thing over and over again never was a problem before. Soap fans do it all the time. Why now?
I am pretty sure more than a few people have complained about the endless great rape debate on this board.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

MissLola
Jul 13 2013, 02:05 PM
And it's usually the same few people saying the same thing over and over. It's called thread highjacking and drives away others that may want to read/post/discuss something about the show. I could care less about Ejami or what they are doing. I simply use my FF button and focus on what I do enjoy.
Is it thread hijacking when its about Dan or Dannifer? Or Rafe and his connection to a certain kid? Or about Sami and all of her past misdeeds?

Its only thread hijacking when no other comments on any other topics are allowed.

Every topic connected to the discussion is allowed. For example. Sami shooting Ej was brought up. So was the rape. Where is the problem?
Edited by Aliaron, Jul 13 2013, 02:13 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Jul 13 2013, 02:09 PM
MissLola
Is it thread hijacki ng when its about Dan or Dannifer? Or Rafe and his connection to a certain kid? Or about Sami and all of her past misdeeds?
To a point, yes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

1. the first attempted rape started to turn violent before Lucas showed up and stopped him.

2. these writers do what they want when they want

3. I didn't give my ratings to the episode.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Not Amused
Member Avatar

For me when it comes to Days I like focusing on the things I enjoy. I know at some point the things I don't enjoy will come to an end because nothing lasts forever in soap land.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

DaraFan
Jul 13 2013, 02:11 PM
For me when it comes to Days I like focusing on the things I enjoy. I know at some point the things I don't enjoy will come to an end because nothing lasts forever in soap land.
Thank you. That's exactly how I feel.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dee-anne

Aliaron
Jul 13 2013, 01:37 PM
MissLola
Jul 13 2013, 01:24 PM
Here we go again! :facepalm:
You know the best way to end all conversations abouy a rape couple is to end the rape couple. Why is that so hard for the TPTB to understand. You cant force fans to ignore what they hate but you can stop giving it to them.

Its like demanding fans stop talking about killing off Jack or Dan's love of patient love. Fans will talk about history. Even the stuff they ignore.

Much like Beavis and Butthead once said...
That's why they are not ending them. They want us to talk about it, and it is quite obvious it doesn't matter to TPTB that they have put have put a rapist with his victim and calling it love. Otherwise they would not feature them so much. It is like rubbing it into our faces, (those of us who are against this pairing) by having them have angry sex. The first time, the excuse was because they thought their son died, now they don't bother with an excuse, just give them something to argue about, and then the rough sex comes in. (By the way, I have no interest in watching their scenes, and I had watched the show, I would have ffwd them).

I think they like it when they upset fans. It's like Daniel having a reputation of falling in love with his patience, and it was constantly argued about on the boards amongst those that liked Daniel and those that did not. So, what did TPTB do, they destroyed his relationship with Chloe made Jennifer his patient and the next thing we knew, he was falling in love with Jennifer, not long after coming out of his relationship with Chloe. It would not have looked so bad, if he had not told Chloe that, 'there is nothing you can do to make me stop loving you.' So, instead of writing Daniel, so that he no longer has that reputation, they instead fed it.

They have Kristen raping a priest. Don't tell me they could not think of anything else for Kristen to do to Marlena, if she wanted revenge so badly, but they rather to go the most shocking and disgusting way. Guaranteed to have us talking. And what gets me is that they keep showing that video of them over and over, as if once was not more than enough. Next they will have Kristen and Eric in love with each other. Guaranteed to have more upset viewers, which they seem to love.
Edited by Dee-anne, Jul 13 2013, 02:20 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

MissLola
Jul 13 2013, 02:13 PM
DaraFan
Jul 13 2013, 02:11 PM
Thank you. That's exactly how I feel.
That's how you do it. That's not how it must be done. Or there would never be any snark.

Like:
Violence between Sami and EJ: The first time its rape. The second time its like warm apple pie. And the third time... well that's just rape again. You can't have pie twice in a row. That's unseemly.
Edited by Aliaron, Jul 13 2013, 02:21 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

I just can't. :shame:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Too much? Too soon?
Offline Profile Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

I just watched the episode. Great EJ and Sami scenes, and I personally love those two together.

I simply don't understand why some people torture themselves by watching things they don't enjoy.
Edited by outrageous, Jul 13 2013, 05:36 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

MissLola

I do think you got a point. I think it was highjacking when we were talking about the rapescene in the spoilersection, but it wasnīt my intention to do so. I only meant to make one post that lead to a longer discussion (the same with the smug face), plus I was new to the board and didnīt quite realize how this board works. I can see now that spoiler topics should be kept around spoilers.

Aliaron
Jul 13 2013, 02:06 PM
TreasureCove
MissLola

In this instance I donīt think it is highjacking since we were talking about the sex on thursday, so we were not out of topic, and you should be able to compare what is happening now with what has happend in the past. Still it might be better to stay away from hot topics for the sake of the peace of the board.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic