Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Thursday July 11th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 11 2013, 08:19 AM (12,823 Views)
mollymay

Well whether or not you love or hate Ejami, whether or not you didn't or did watch the show - the mere fact that you are still discussing Thursdays show proves the point that Ejami does indeed create buzz. And good or bad, buzz is what TPTB want and as long as they get it, Ejami will remain together.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Dannifer creates buzz. I guess that means they were right to fire MA and destroy the history of J&J since it created buzz.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

TreasureCove
Jul 13 2013, 01:58 PM
MissLola
Jul 13 2013, 01:55 PM
Or we could discuss what happened on Thursday's episode and not 12/29/06 over and over again.
This violent sex between a man and a woman he raped happened on Thursday's episode.

The Ejami sex on thursday wasnīt violent, he was a little rough before the sex started but the sex itself wasnīt violent. I do think the transition between arguing and sex could have been a little better though. I donīt have a problem with EJ being a little rough but I think he could have used a lower more seductive voice. I donīt see how screaming in someoneīs ear is suppose to turn someone on, but whatever floats your boat Samantha.

TreasureCove
Jul 14 2013, 12:54 PM
Dannifer creates buzz. I guess that means they were right to fire MA and destroy the history of J&J since it created buzz.

I think buzz is good if it has a positive effect on ratings. I havenīt seen Ejami having a positive effect on the ratings, but I didnīt saw it last fall with Safe or with Lumi last spring either, so Iīm not sure if it matters which of these couple they go with. I doubt Dannifer have a positive effect on the ratings though and I think it is wrong to fire a veteran like Jack who has a lot longer history with Jennifer even if Iīm personally isnīt interested in either Dannifer or J&J.
Online Profile Goto Top

mollymay

TreasureCove
Jul 14 2013, 12:54 PM
Yes Dannifer do create buzz that's why they're still sucking it up on the screen. Have you ever heard the term "there's no such thing as bad publicity"? Its absolutely true. That's why Ejami/Dannifer are still being given the most screentime and promotion, despite all the whinning, pissing, RINR wails etc.
TPTB don't care if you talk good about them or talk bad about them, just as long as you talk about them.

It was like the situation with Bryan D a few years back. He had a good fanbase and so did Lumi, but when JS came on the screen seems like I remember his fanbase starting bitching about JS/EJ constantly more than talking about Bryan/Lucas...and you see where he is today.

If you don't like and actor....if you don't like a story and want it gone...talking about it, even if the talk is negative isn't the way to get rid of it....silence is.

Now as for as MA goes...since the buzz came "after" he was fired I doubt that it had any effect on the decision to let him go. As Matthew Ashford told me and several others a few years back...Gary Tomlin doesn't like the character of Jack and didn't want to write for him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Where we're no longer talking about Thursday the 11th's show, this will be locked.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic