Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47's Tribute: Suzanne Rogers Celebrates 40 Years as Maggie; Scripts/videos/interviews/stats & much more!
Topic Started: Jul 11 2013, 10:26 PM (437 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Jason47's Tribute: Suzanne Rogers Celebrates 40 Years as Maggie on "Days of Our Lives"

Suzanne Rogers joined the "Days of Our Lives" family exactly 40 years ago this Saturday, July 13, 1973. On that day, she auditioned for the role of farmgirl Maggie Simmons, a young woman whose parents were killed in a car crash. Maggie was also injured in that car crash and had to use crutches to walk. She got the job and taped her first episode # 1946 on July 18, 1973. "Days" was in the process of being preempted a record 20 times due to the Watergate Senate hearings, and so her debut episode did not air until much later than planned, on August 20, 1973. Over the course of the next four decades, Maggie survived an amnesiac husband (who was already married), a bout with alcoholism, the adoption of baby Melissa, the surrogacy of baby Sarah, the death of her long-time love Mickey, a new-found son (Daniel) and romance with a very unexpected Salemite (Victor). Rogers, meanwhile, won a Daytime Emmy (the first-ever in the supporting actress category), had to leave "Days" for a year while she dealt with the effects of her battle with myasthenia gravis (which was eventually written into the storyline) and the loss of her job for a few months when everyone in Salem started being killed off in 2003. Congratulations, Suzanne, on 40 years as Maggie. May you enjoy continued success and many more years of "Days!"

Stop by Jason47's Days Website and check out this special tribute to Suzanne. Read her entire debut script from 1973 and her first wedding ceremony with Mickey from 1974. Check out many video clips of her time on "Days", including a scene from her first episode, Mickey & Maggie's first Christmas, Mickey giving Maggie the red shoes, and many more...including a funny blooper which must not be missed! Plus, see rare footage of Suzanne in one her last jobs before joining "Days", when she was a member of the Los Angeles cast of the play "Follies" in 1971. Also, be sure to check out a special collection of photos of Suzanne, showing her with all her leading men and many cast members past and present. Plus, read many of the interviews Suzanne has given through the years, and check out the special section "Maggie By the Numbers", which lists how many episodes Suzanne appeared in for every month she's been on "Days!" All that and more at http://www.jason47.com

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Quote:

She got the job and taped her first episode # 1946 on July 18, 1973. "Days" was in the process of being preempted a record 20 times due to the Watergate Senate hearings, and so her debut episode did not air until much later than planned, on August 20, 1973.

And if she auditioned for a role, taped her first episode, and had it preempted for 20 episodes today, she wouldn't show up on our screens for a year and a half. It's really mind blowing that they worked so fast back then.

Thanks for posting, Jason!

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Beautiful tribute, Jason! :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mirabella

Thank you, Jason, for sharing all your tributes, lists, spoilers, and other Days info with us!!! I love and enjoy it all....

jam6242
Member Avatar

Thank you Jason! I was watching the summer Suzanne/Maggie first appeared. She quickly became one of my favorites.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Thanks Jason for the wonderful tribute! :hail:

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Lovely tribute! I haven't cared for Maggie's stories lately but she is an integral part of the Days canvas. For most of the time that I've been watching she doesn't have a lot to do besides be a sounding board and plot agent for other people's romances but she and Julie are the only real connection we have to the Horton past. I wanted a storyline for Suzanne, and then we got all the Melanie & Magic & Egg Baby stuff, and I felt like the Monkey's Paw bit me in the ass. I'd rather see her with Sarah or Melissa than Taniel, I tend to enjoy her more these days when she's around Hortons. Hopefully they can find better stuff for her to do, though I sincerely doubt it :(

Anyway, thanks for the tribute Jason!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply