Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday July 12th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 12 2013, 07:45 AM (8,675 Views)
Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Graceland
Jul 13 2013, 09:32 AM
Kristen used to be really into Jesus back in the day.
I know, right? She was such a goody two shoes back then. Lol, it was kinda annoying but they wanted to explore someone as "good" as Kristen being related to a family as twisted as the DiMera's. It worked for awhile but then they backed away from it gradually to ramp up the John/Kristen/Tony relationship s/l.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jul 12 2013, 08:30 PM
I was just making sure. So everyone listening to Rafe knows he's wrong about Sami having shot him. Just imagine if he HAD been shot...Sami's version of events would be really suspect.
I kept wondering, "Uh WHY doesn't Kayla or one of the other doctors point out the absence of a BULLET SCAR to Rafe and tell him Sami didn't shoot him!!"????? :frustration:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

camera shy
Jul 13 2013, 07:48 AM
Kriss4
Jul 12 2013, 08:56 PM
Re: Rafe

Is Kayla reluctant to tell Rafe that what he's seeing is nonsense? They were starting to explain what really happened and he got agitated and asked why Sami shot him...but soon they'll tell him he can't trust what he's seeing in his head right now. I guess they have to go slow with him.
All Kayla had to say was, "Sami did not shoot you.....trust us. What you think happened didn't" and he would have still been confused, but at least he would have calmed down some. I'm still trying to fiigure out why Kate didn't try to explain things to him.
That bothered me too! Kayla could have at least told him that he wasn't shot. As for Kate, she probably doesn't mind him thinking that. She wants him to hate Sami.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

They couldn't explain anything to Rafe because they were too busy soap staring at him and each other.

Dun dun dun!!

Kriss4

They might not actually be done with the scene. Maybe it continues Monday?

Kayla probably could have told him...but it has to be prolonged for drama's sake...and now she AND Abe the police commisioner know what Rafe thinks at the moment. That'll be used in some future plot point, I bet. But his monitors were going off, and Kayla was ordering some kind of sedative. Next step probably coming up.

annie21

PatNS
Jul 13 2013, 08:48 AM

NOTE: We will be on vacation starting next week until sometimes in early August. We're heading to California to see our newest grandchildren, twins born in April, and then we will be spending a few days in Edmonton when we fly back there on Aug. 1st so I'm not exactly sure what day in August we'll actually get home. I will post a notice of when I'm going to start writing up recaps again when I have a firm date to report.
TFP, Pat! Will miss your write-ups, but I hope you enjoy a fun and restful vacation!

annie21

ladyofthelake
Jul 12 2013, 09:37 PM
quesla
Jul 12 2013, 12:56 PM
LonePirate
Jul 12 2013, 12:35 PM
Days has done a really great job with the gay storyline since they started it a couple of years ago; but that was a major step backward or screw-up by having Will say that Sonny is not a parent. While Sonny may not be a biological father to Arianna, he is every bit a parent to her as Will and Gabi are, perhaps even more so as he seems to have bonded with her more than her biological parents have. Days (or Will) should be ashamed for saying Sonny is not a parent. That was offensive.
i disagree because Sonny isn't a parent he has no rights plenty people love that baby, but she only has 2 parents right now if Sonny wants parental rights it should be discussed and legalized until than lil Ari only got 2.
Biology alone does not a parent make. Hopefully they will make Sonny Ari's godfather, and if they abided by the spirit of the godparent role, he will have a big part in this child's life. It isn't true in this storyline but believe me, I see plenty of times when people outside of a family would make a heck of a lot better parents and treat a child more like a parent than the child's own parents do. But I'm getting on my soapbox...
I get what people are saying, and I completely agree that being a parent is much more than just about biology, blood ties, or legal papers. On the other hand, whoever upthread said that anyone can choose to parent anyone they want may be going a bit too far, lol!

For example, I don't consider Jennifer to be Parker's parent just because she's Daniel's girlfriend. For one thing, Chloe would hate the notion of Jennifer parenting her son. At least in Ari G's case, both Sonny and Gabi get along and Gabi is happy and appreciative that her daughter and he are bonding.

Similarly, Daniel is not a parent to JJ just because he's sleeping with JJ's mother.

Anyway, my point is that it's a lot more complicated than at first glance. I guess that's why the family courts are full of custody battles of various shapes and sizes. :)

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Its a deal for Kate for Rafe to think that
Sami shot him. :flipoff:

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jul 13 2013, 04:21 PM
They couldn't explain anything to Rafe because they were too busy soap staring at him and each other.

Dun dun dun!!
Posted Image

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

I loved seeing Sonny carrying baby Ari when he
was vaccuming.i think Will just doesn't want Sonny
to think its his responsibility to care for baby Ari which
is understandable.Where is Gabi?I can tell she sure isn't
ready to be a mother. :smile:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Fantastic66
Jul 13 2013, 06:05 PM
Its a deal for Kate for Rafe to think that
Sami shot him. :flipoff:
It's only a short term thing that Rafe will think Sami shot him. He will learn soon enough that he was never shot and that Sami was the one who saved his life. Not so good for Kate.

King
Member Avatar

I am so into the younger set on DAYS right now. JJ, Theresa, Will, Sonny. I can't believe I am saying that. LOL.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Okay, that monologue scene at the end with Kristen? Kristen is so bat-shit crazy it's mesmerizing. I don't know how Eileen is going to pick out her Emmy reel next year---she'll have so many brilliantly acted scenes to choose from.

concerned
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Jul 13 2013, 08:28 PM
Okay, that monologue scene at the end with Kristen? Kristen is so bat-shit crazy it's mesmerizing. I don't know how Eileen is going to pick out her Emmy reel next year---she'll have so many brilliantly acted scenes to choose from.
She is doing a stellar job despite the ludicrous nonsensical storylines

BeeBee
Member Avatar

PatNS
Jul 13 2013, 08:48 AM
Please note: This report is not to be copied and pasted to any other sites. Please link only. Link to summary archive:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635/

Director: Steven Williford
Scriptwriter: Jeanne Marie Ford

Segment 1: Kristen hopes she didn't come at a bad time. Eric tells her that actually things are hectic around here. Kristen has a flashback of watching the video where she rapes Eric. I bet they are and I really hate to add to all the drama but some things can't be helped.

Kate is in Rafe's room with Cam. Why is he sleeping again if the sedatives are out of his system? Cam - He's been in an induced coma for a long time and he went through a terrible trauma so sleep might be his defence mechanism right now. Kate recalls Rafe asking her why Sami tried to kill him.

Abby walks outside the pub and sees Chad inside. She goes inside and hears Chad leaving a message for Cam - I really need to talk to you. Abby sits down across from him - Please don't do this.

Adrienne is at the coffeehouse telling Sonny - Word to the wise, if a DiMera comes in wanting an espresso you might want to make yourself scarce. Sonny - Why? Adrienne - In case you're on someone's hit list of course. Sonny - What are you talking about mom? Adrienne - I sure you heard that your father decided ... Sonny - I actually don't want to be in the middle of this. Adrienne - I'm sure you don't. I'm sorry. Just promise me that you'll be careful please. Sonny - I am always careful. Adrienne - You look tired. Is the baby still up every 2 hrs. Sonny - No, it's just that I went out last night and stayed out late and I had to open this morning. Adrienne - Did you and Will do something fun? Sonny - Will didn't come. He stayed at home with Arianna. Adrienne - You went out alone.

Will is very gingerly placing Ari in her bassinette when there's a pounding on the door. He says very quietly - Coming Dad. Brent lets himself in. How's it going? Will says it's going great. Brent asks if Sonny is around. Will - No, he left for work before I got up. Why? Brent holds up a wristwatch in his hand - He left this in my car last night.

Eric - If this is about Brady ... Kristen - No, it's not about Brady. It's about someone else and something that I think is going to shock a lot of people. She fingers her Tablet.

Kayla sees Abe pouring himself a coffee at the counter near the nurse's station. Bad day? Abe - Bad week. Bad month. Bad year. Kayla - I'm sorry. Abe - As relieved that I am that Sami's not going to trial it's just that the morale at the dept couldn't be lower. Joe's been shot and killed, his name's been dragged through the mud and the Commissioner's daughter is the one who pulled the trigger. Kayla - At least they have you to see them through. Abe - We haven't got there yet. We need some really good news to get us through this. We need to know that Rafe's going to be okay after that setback he had. When will we know he's through the woods? Kayla - Well there's Cameron now, maybe he knows something new.

Eric - I don't know. It might be pretty hard to shock people these days. Kristen - I'm not so sure about that. I guess you haven't heard about EJ and my father. It's like the Civil War all over again, ground zero is our living room, although there's nothing civil about it, believe me! Eric - I'm sure that's put you in a very uncomfortable position. Kristen - Actually it's the upheaval at home that's brought me here to you. Eric - I'm not connecting the dots here. Kristen - Sorry, let me try to connect them for you.

Segment 2: Eric - Can you do it quickly ... Kristen - All the drama and the chaos, I get it and I really hate to impose on your time. I'm kind of embarrassed you know. I have found myself to be a lapsed Catholic lately and my faith means a great deal to me. Eric - Really? Kristen - Yeah. I find myself in need of spiritual nourishment. Eric - Don't we all. Kristen - Yeah but my needs are more keen than most. You know Brady dumped me. I'm alone. Kind of like I was when I was exiled from Salem the first time. My family has been my only source of comfort and support and now ... Eric - Their problems sort of trump yours. Kristen - Exactly. I thought I had found the answers that I had been looking for my whole life about love, vocation and then I find it's nothing but a big farce. You don't know if you should thank the person that clued you in or strangle them. Eric - This is about Brady ... Kristen - It's not about Brady. It's about Marlena. Eric - We're not going to go there now, are we? Kristen - You're the one that asked. I'm just saying ... your dreams are crushed, you're all alone, you're totally disconnected from everything that you thought you believed in, everything that you were. Do you understand what I'm saying? Eric - I'm not sure I do. Kristen - Darn. Well maybe someday you will. She turns her back to him and mutters 'It could happen sooner than you think.'

Chad - Hello to you too. What are you talking about? Abby - What you were talking to Cameron about and I'm telling you this is a bad idea. Chad - Why? Abby - Because it's not your decision to make. Chad - No? Then whose decision is it? Abby - OMG. You even have to ask. It's MINE!

Brent - It must have slipped off his wrist without him noticing. Will - It's not the first time it's happened. Lucas let's himself in. Will introduces him to Sonny's friend Brent. Brent shakes Lucas's hand. Congrats on the baby. Lucas - Thanks and on that note I'm going to take a little peek at the princess. Brent tells Will he can go to the coffee shop and give this to Sonny. Will takes the watch. Don't go out of your way. He's going to be home soon. Did you guys have fun last night? Brent - Yeah we had a great time. Haven't been to a party like that since probably the last time I went out with Sonny. What about you, how was your night? Will - Great. Ari slept, I slept. Thanks so much for bringing this by. Brent says his goodbyes and leaves. Lucas - Let me get this straight. You let Sonny go out with that guy last night while you stayed home and took a nap with the baby. Will - Yeah. Lucas - And Sonny's watch didn't make it home? Come on, man. Is there something wrong with this picture?

Adrienne - Let me get this straight. You went to a party with another guy without Will. Sonny - It was just Brent. Do you remember him? He had that cast for 6 months. Adrienne remembers. I thought he went to study in Europe. Sonny - He did but now he's back. Adrienne - That's great. That's important. Sonny - What's important? Adrienne - That you're seeing people; that you're having a social life again. Sonny - I never stopped having a social life. You think that when Will and I moved in together that I just told all my friends to go to hell. Adrienne - No, of course not. That's not what I'm saying. Sonny - What do you think? Can you be direct with me for a change please. Adrienne - All I'm saying is that I'm relieved to see that you're getting a little of your old life back, that's all. Sonny - My old life back. Adrienne - Sweetheart, you're young. Much too young to be trapped in an apt night after night cooking, cleaning, babysitting ... Sonny - Stop. First of all I am not trapped anywhere. I'm exactly where I want to be and second of all, Will, Gabi and I share the cooking and cleaning responsibilities. So for you to think that I'm doing all the housework is crazy not to mention totally unfair to Will and Gabi. Adrienne - Okay, calm down ... Sonny - No. Another thing, I'm not going to calm down until you get this through your head, that we take turns doing what needs to be done. And I am in no way being taken advantage of. And every night is not a big, boring drag of cooking and cleaning and changing diapers. We all pitch in and sometimes guess what we do! We have fun and we talk to one another and we watch movies and play video games ... Adrienne - Stop. I get it. Your life is wonderful and fun and full of laughter and a great time is had by all. Excellent. All I'm saying is that young people should go out and meet other young people. That they should have experiences; they should have variety in their life. Sonny - Please listen to me mother. I do not want or need to meet new people or have variety in my life because I know that's code for 'if you'd just break up with Will, I would be happy'. But guess what, that is not your decision and it is not happening. Not now, not ever. Adrienne - Can you see into the future? Sonny - I am not having this conversation. Adrienne - Stop being so defensive. And you know what, another thing, stop putting words in my mouth. I never once in this conversation said you should break up with Will, never! Sonny - But I can read between the lines. Adrienne - Am I a bad mother because I want my son to have some fun and excitement in his life? So that's he not bogged down with this huge responsibility while he's still trying to find his way. I think back just a little while ago to your life. It was simple, you were happy.

Cam - Rafe's EEG shows no change. Kate - So is that bad? Kayla - No, not necessarily. At least there's no more indications of stress. Kate - Of course not. Sami's barred from his room. Abe - Since when do you have your medical licence? Kate - Okay Abe, she went in there twice and the second time was after Daniel kicked her out and told her not to come back. And both times Rafe just about jumped out of his skin. Cam - I was there. Abe - Why do you think he'd react that way. Kate - Gee, I don't know. Cam tells them he has to leave to grab his lunch while he still can. Kate - Sami's going to worm her way back into the room. She'll always find a way. Kayla - I'm not sure that I agree with Daniel. We don't want to upset Rafe but she has elicited the only communication we've had with him so far. Kate - Actually he talked to me too. Kayla - What? And you didn't think that was important to tell me. What did he say?

Segment 3: Adrienne - I want you to listen to me. I don't want to upset you. I don't want to cause you anymore stress. I just feel that maybe you settled into a situation. Sonny does not like that phrase. I'm living with a guy that I love. My life is great; everything about it. I should feel lucky and you should too because I'm in a good place right now. Brent comes in. I just wanted to come by and say sorry for keeping you out so late last night. Adrienne beams.

Kate - I don't think what Rafe said was necessarily as important as how he said it. Kayla - Why not? Kate - He wasn't agitated. He felt safe with me. Abe - Why don't you tell us what Rafe said? Kayla - We really need to know. If it's personal ... Kate - It's not that. You remember what you said ... that he might have a hard time distinguishing between his dreams and reality. Kayla - Yes. Kate - He asked me why Sami tried to kill him.

Chad - You think this should be your decision. Abby - Yeah. Chad - What are you talking about Abigail? Abby - I heard you on the phone with Cameron. Chad - Yeah. EJ asked me to move back into the mansion. Abby - What, he did? Chad - You heard he tossed my Dad out of the house, took over DiMera Enterprises, right? Abby - No. OMG. Where have I been? Chad - I guess you didn't hear much of what I said on the phone. I guess you thought I wanted to talk to Cameron about you. Were you afraid that I was going to challenge him to a duel or something? He starts bantering and Cam walks in - Are you talking about me?

Adrienne tells Brent it's great to see him. You've grown up. Brent - And you haven't changed a bit. Adrienne - Flattery will get you a big cup of latte. Brent - That would be great. I need the caffeine after last night. If you're missing your watch, I left it with Will. I told him about the rave, I hope you don't mind. Sonny - No, I was going to tell him this morning but he was sleeping. Adrienne asks Brent what he's been doing. Brent has been travelling through the UK and France and a little bit of Spain studying architecture and design. Adrienne talks about when Sonny was a kid and his dreams. Do you plan on being in Salem a while. Brent is going to stick around for a while. Adrienne - Great. Hope to see more of you. Brent goes to the counter. Adrienne starts to say something but Sonny just says - Mom, please.

Will - Sonny's allowed to have a life Dad. Lucas - I know. Is there something going on between you two. You can tell me. Will - No, I just had to take care of Ari. Lucas - What about the baby's mother? Will - What about the baby's father? Lucas - What about where is Gabi now? Will - She has a class Dad. I don't know why you're so worried about this. Everything is going great with us. Lucas - If everything's so great what's Sonny doing going out with another guy, partying it up ... Will - They're friends. Not everything is about sex you know. Lucas - Ease back on that. I'm not talking about sex. Why would Sonny think it was cool to leave you alone here ... Will - Because I told him to, that's why.

Eric - What are you getting at Kristen? Kristen - Do you ever have doubts Father? Eric - Everyone has doubts. Kristen - Right, because there's so little to hold on to in life. So little that truly lasts. Certainly not love, not family, not even your deepest held beliefs. Certainly nothing of the flesh. Eric - Everything in life is fleeting. Kristen - Right. Which is why it's so important to keep your eye on the prize, the hereafter. But if you already know that you're going to hell, what's the point of even trying? Eric - God always forgives. Kristen - Yeah, but people don't. Eric - It cuts both ways, doesn't it? Kristen - I suppose. But since I know I'm never going to be redeemed in the eyes of the people that I care about, I feel free of duty, responsibility. Eric - Love. What does that leave you with? Kristen - Oh my goodness Father ... limitless possibilities. I can be myself. I can focus on my needs and my wants and honestly, I can't deny myself any longer. That's why I'm here.

Segment 4: Eric - You seem to be having trouble coming out and saying what you want to tell me. Kristen - I suppose that's true. Eric - If you want to make a confession ... Kristen - No, nothing that formal. I just want to get something off my chest. You're such a great listener amongst so many other talents. Eric - Talk to me, personal history aside, you can tell me anything. Kristen - Be careful what you wish for.

Lucas - You told Sonny to go out with an old friend and have a night on the town while you stayed home and babysat! Will - It's not babysitting if it's your own kid Dad. Lucas - You know what I mean. Why did you do that? Will - Because it's Sonny. He's a guy who climbed K2. I'm not going to ask him to give up everything he used to love. Lucas - Sometimes that's what being a parent means. You have to do that for a while. Will - He's not a parent. Yes he stepped up in a major way but he's not a parent. Lucas - What's he doing now? Is he complaining about it. Will - No! He loves Ari and he's so amazing with her. When she's older we can go out together and travel and do everything we love to do together. Stop looking at me like I'm crazy. Lucas - I'm not looking at you like you're crazy. You're mature ... old soul, old for your age. Will - Having a kid can do that to you. Lucas - Well it didn't do that to me and your mother's got like 4 kids and she still acts like she's 12. I think you lapped us to say the least. Just wait until I call you in the middle of the night when she has a fever or something. Lucas - I used to do that. Your great-grandmother Alice used to help me out all the time so I know exactly what to do. And I know that she'd be very proud of you. Will - Thanks. Lucas hugs him - I love you man.

Sonny hands Brent his latte. You're good to go. Adrienne tells him it was good to see him again. Brent leaves. Sonny - Mom, would you stop. Adrienne - Stop what? Sonny - You don't think I remember what you did with me and Brian. This is the same exact thing. You were pushing us together when I clearly wanted to be with Will. I'm not going to have you do that again. Adrienne - I wasn't. Sonny - Bye, hope to see more of you ... what was that? Adrienne - He's your friend, should I say hope to see less of you. Sonny - I don't want to do this again. This is my life, my business. You can't tell me who I can spend more or less time with. You understand that? Adrienne - Fine. Do whatever you want. FYI, I'm very interested in architecture. Sonny - What kind of insane non sequitur is that. Adrienne - Ever since I got married in Greece. When I said I'd like to see more of you, I'd like him to meet Victor. He's a very personable young man, he's very intelligent, people would like to talk to him. Sonny - I see, he has all those qualities that Will doesn't have. Adrienne - Stop putting words in my mouth. I'm trying here. Can't you see how hard I'm trying. Sonny - Why do you have to try so hard? It's simple. I love Will and he loves me. He's a great guy. Is that not good enough for you? Adrienne - I want the very best for my son. Sonny - I have the very best. I've got to go. You know what Mom, we might not have the most conventional family but it's working for us. So you have a choice to make. You can accept us or forget about us.

Eric - Be careful what I wish for? Kristen - You seem to think I came here to unburden myself somehow. Really, I just want to make a simple request. When you think of all the time and energy not to mention money that I sank into the school project and although it was unfortunate that I couldn't see it through to the end, did my contribution really mean so little? Did my invitation to the reception with the Bishop get lost in the mail? Eric - It's a very small reception. Kristen - I know. I've lost a lot. It would mean so much to me if I could attend.

Segment 5: Cam - So I don't have to sweat a duel to the death then? Chad - Not until I get your advice anyway. Abby protests. Chad - Relax. Abby - I should probably get going. Chad - Wait. I'd like to hear your take on this too. Since they've kicked Father out of the house both EJ and Kristen have asked me to move back in. Abby - That's huge Chad. Chad - The first person I would have talked to about something like this is Lexie. Obviously, that's not possible. Cam - So you'll settle for me. Abby - Have you talked to Will and Sonny about this? Will lived with the DiMera's for a while and his mom ... Chad - I've tried but they've got so much going on right now and I need to make a decision. He tells both of them that he trusts their judgement.

Kayla - Alright Kate, is there anything else I should know. Anything that you didn't see fit to share with Rafe's attending physicians. Kate - I wasn't trying to hide anything. You said yourself that he might be confused; that he might be delusional. Abe - Are you trying to protect Sami. Kate - No! I just want Rafe left alone. He doesn't need to hear her whining and complaining about how innocent she is. Kayla - So in other words you put your personal animosity towards my niece ahead of Rafe's wellbeing. Kate - I was protecting him from her hysterics. Kayla - You probably did just the opposite. Had we had a chance to examine him when that happened we would have a better idea of how his recovery is progressing. Kate - He's going to wake up again. Kayla - Yes. But right now he is extremely vulnerable physically and mentally. A nurse comes up to them. Dr. Brady - Det Hernandez is starting to come around again. Kate - Kayla please ... Kayla - Alright. Maybe it would be helpful for him to see a familiar face when he wakes up but you have to promise me that you will not upset him. Kate - I will say nothing to upset him.

Eric - I know you want to attend buy you must know ... Kristen - That Brady is going to be there and Marlena. Of course. But this town is small and we're kind of used to tripping over each other wherever we go. Eric - I just want to avoid the bloodshed and the fisticuffs if it's all the same to you. Kristen laughs. But why, the Bishop is going to be there to grant absolution. I'm kidding! Come on, you said it yourself. The school probably wouldn't have happened if it weren't for me. I think I deserve the chance to see the fruits of my labour, don't you? I promise I'm not going to cause a scene. Eric - I'm not so sure I can believe you. Kristen - Come on. After all the money that my family kind of threw at this project, we want to see it succeed. Surely you can understand that a cordial relationship would be to the benefit of everyone concerned. Ciara and a young boy come in. I'm here. Eric hugs Ciara - You sure are. How are you? Ciara says hi to Kristen. She looks at Eric. I didn't know you guys were friends. Kristen - Crazy, huh. I was just saying what a small town it is. Eric - Is this your friend. Ciara - This is Jamie. Guess what! He's coming to St Luke's school in the fall too. Eric shakes his hand. Hi sir, it's very nice to meet you. My name is Father Eric. I'm sure you're going to really like it here. Jamie - My mom says leaving my old school is going to change my life. I sure hope so. Eric hopes so too.

Segment 6: Eric - So what are you looking forward to the most about coming to St Luke's? Jamie shrugs. Ciara - Jamie said he's never had a computer in his classroom or a real playground with a ball field. Jamie - And no barbed wire fence. Eric - Well you don't need a fence here at St Luke's. You'll be safe. So are you ready for a VIP tour. Ciara - What's VIP? Eric - Very important people! I mean after all, you are the reason we built the school. You will do me a huge favour if you can break in our baseball gloves. Eric tells Kristen to stick around a few minutes; he'll have Sr Margaret print her a ticket. Kristen thanks him. After Eric leaves Kristen looks at a picture of Christ and curses - What the hell are you looking at!

Cam - You want to know if you should voluntarily move yourself into the middle of WWIII. Chad - I feel like I need to be there for EJ and Kristen. They've totally been there for me. Abby - What about Stefano? Cam - He asked you to move in before, right? And you wait until his son kicks him out on his ass before you decide to say yes? Abby - I don't think he'd take that so well, do you? Chad - No. Thanks for the advice, it really helped. Cam - That's all you're going to tell us? Chad - I just need some more time to think things through, that's all. Cam - Before you go, have you followed up with the doctor about your head? Chad - You implying something Cameron? Cam - Yeah, it's very hard. You took a bad hit it at the lake. If you haven't had it checked out ... Chad - Why should I? Like you said, it's hard. I promise you I'm fine. Thank you for the advice. See you guys later. He leaves. Abby - Well, that wasn't awkward at all, was it? Cam - No, but there is always the next time. My break is over, I have to get back to work.

Will comes into the living room and says hi to Sonny. Sonny - Brent said that he stopped by. I'm sorry. Will - For what? Sonny - You were sleeping this morning and I was going to tell you that I went to that rave. Will - Thank you so much for not waking me up and telling me that. It's fine. Sonny - Are you sure? Will - Absolutely. It was my idea for you to go out and have a little fun. Sonny - That's true. Will - I'm glad that Brent brought this watch back though. Sonny - Me too. Will - Maybe we should get a new clasp or something so it stops falling off. Sonny - It's good. They kiss.

Adrienne sees Lucas in the Horton Square and says hi. Lucas asks how she's doing. Adrienne - Good. I was with Parker a little while ago and I showed him this video of Arianna and he would like a play date with her as soon as she can talk. Lucas - Oh really. Adrienne - She really is beautiful. Lucas - She is. I just got back from seeing her. She's changed a lot already. Adrienne - I know. She pulls out her cell. Let me show you this. It is so cool that we can record these memories. That way we can never forget. Hold on ... I'm still kind of new to this.

Rafe wakes up. Kayla, Abe and Kate are in his room. Kayla - Rafe, hi. Do you know who I am? Rafe nods yes. Kate steps to the foot of the bed - And me? He nods. Kayla - Good. I don't want you to exert yourself. You don't have to say a word. I have one more question. Do you know where you are? He nods yes. Kayla - Good. Kayla steps back and says that knowing person and place is a good sign. They see that he's struggling to say something. Kayla - It's okay. Take it easy. Rafe - Why?

Segment 7: Will is holding Ari. Sonny - You know what I was thinking, the next time there's a party, why don't you go and I'll stay. Will - I'm not really into that scene anyway. Sonny - I have a better idea. How about Gabi stays home with Ari and you and I can go out and have a nice romantic date, just the two of us. Will - That sounds sexy. Sonny - Let's make it happen. Will - Okay. Sonny goes to take a shower. Will stares at Sonny's watch.

Adrienne - The battery is dead. I just charged it last night. Lucas - That's technology. Adrienne - I'll just send you the video when I get home. Lucas - Okay. Thank you for being so great about the baby, you really have and we appreciate it. Adrienne - She's a sweetheart. Would you mind saying what you just said to my son because lately he seems to find fault with everything I do. Lucas chuckles - That's all you, can't help you there. Adrienne - Seriously Lucas, just try and put yourself in my shoes. Will's a great kid and I really like him but imagine if it were Sonny that fathered that baby and then invited the baby mama to come live with them. Lucas - I really don't think we should get into this ... Adrienne - I'm not finished. Then imagine if I had been the one to play shoot 'em up at the hospital and killed a man. How excited would you be for your son to be with my son? Silence. Adrienne - My point exactly. That's all.

Kristen paces and 'argues' with the painting of Christ. I get it. He's a good man. You don't have to parade little kids and show me how he's changed their lives, okay. That's overkill even for you. You know what ... You did this to me. You made me this way. You took love away from me again and again and again. And now all I have are my wits. All I have is this burning hatred. I've got to get rid of it. There's only one way to do it. She's yelling. And no ... no, I'm not going to do it Your way. I tried Your way and it doesn't work. She cries. It doesn't work! You can't make me do it. I'm not going to do it the right way. She throws her purse against the wall and cries.

Kayla - You want to know why you're in the hospital? He looks frustrated and lays his head back down. Kayla - Why don't you just focus on trying to get better. That's what you need to do. Rafe - Need ... to know ... WHY ... Kayla - Okay, Abe will tell you. Abe - Hey Rafe, welcome back buddy. I bet the last thing you remember is cutting across the alley near the bakery. Rafe recalls meeting up with Sami outside the coffeehouse. Abe - You were hit from behind and there was no way ... Rafe - No ... no ... Tell me ... tell me ... He recalls the part where he tells Sami he has to go and she says no and then shoots him in the back. She shot me! Why! Why did Sami ... why did she shoot me? His alarms start sounding. Kayla - I want you to calm down. Take a deep breath. Rafe - Why ... why ... why did she ... Kayla calls out orders for a drug to be administered. Rafe asks again - Why did she shoot me? Why? Why? Why?

NOTE: We will be on vacation starting next week until sometimes in early August. We're heading to California to see our newest grandchildren, twins born in April, and then we will be spending a few days in Edmonton when we fly back there on Aug. 1st so I'm not exactly sure what day in August we'll actually get home. I will post a notice of when I'm going to start writing up recaps again when I have a firm date to report.
Love your summary posts.Look forward to your return.Have a safe trip.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

I am sure GT/Sell are really going to
Milk the s/l of Rafe thinking Sami shot
him.They will be writing where the drama
is. :shrug:

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

:rolleyes: Why would they start now? :drunk:

Lil
Member Avatar

Kristen's freak-out was the highlight of the whole week for me.

six
Member Avatar

I'd forgotten Sonny lived in town for a kid as a little while, until Brent mentioned that he was from Salem.

I liked the parallels between Wilson's talk with their parents, but I don't see where Lucas gets off acting like Sonny is supposed to be chained to Will 24/7.

There wasn't anything offensive about Will saying Sonny wasn't a parent, imo. He stepped up, but he isn't obligated to sacrifice his personal life for her, the way Lucas implied he was.

Eric's sudden willingness to hear Kristen out was kind of weird. It'd be nice to know why he turned on a dime like that, but I'm not going to complain about keric scenes.

Since when does Chad value Cameron's opinion? Just as I wondered why Chad didn't go to Will for advice instead, Days answered my question. Nice.

Chabby's banter was ridiculously cute. Such a waste, though.

This was kind of a quiet episode, but it wasn't bad.
Edited by six, Jul 15 2013, 04:32 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply