Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Is Peter Reckell Headed to GH?
Topic Started: Jul 12 2013, 09:17 AM (7,227 Views)
JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Drew
Jul 13 2013, 01:21 AM
I'd like to see how he is on another show. People always seem to do better work away from Days.
This was especially apparent to me with Ian Buchanan. He is so much better as Duke Lavery than Ian McAllister it's not even funny. And hell, he even wore a kilt to the Nurse's Ball!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Jul 13 2013, 11:09 AM
Drew
I'd like to see how he is on another show. People always seem to do better work away from Days.
This was especially apparent to me with Ian Buchanan. He is so much better as Duke Lavery than Ian McAllister it's not even funny. And hell, he even wore a kilt to the Nurse's Ball!
I have to assume that, partly, it's because Days is so penny wise and pound foolish that they don't re-shoot scenes when they should. That and the character of Ian was ill conceived and bizarre from go.

I could always take or leave Bo, but I could absolutely see PR as Sam's dad.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

He certainly isn't trying to quiet the rumors...

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

EJamandBread
Jul 13 2013, 10:15 PM
JarlenaLante
Jul 13 2013, 11:09 AM
Drew
I have to assume that, partly, it's because Days is so penny wise and pound foolish that they don't re-shoot scenes when they should. That and the character of Ian was ill conceived and bizarre from go.
No it's more than that. It's been that way even when they had money.

Look at Austin Peck, who knew after all that time he could act!

Mary Beth Evans, Stephen Nicholls, Farah Fath, Judi Evans, Billy Warlock, Julie Pinson, Brandon Beemer, Wally Kurth, Tamra Braun, etc, all did their best work away from Days.
Edited by Drew, Jul 14 2013, 01:28 AM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

LuvingLumi
Jul 13 2013, 10:44 PM
He certainly isn't trying to quiet the rumors...
he isn't exactly confirming them either.
if they are just rumors, i think he's enjoying people thinking he might be headed to GH. who knows, maybe he's planning on using it as extra leverage to try to get a better deal from Days when he & TPTB go into talks the next time.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

I want PR back as Bo, but if he will get power to spread his wing more power for him.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I stopped watching Days of Our Lives 25 years ago but Reckell was always one of my favorites. Heck, I remember watching his first scenes with Kristian Alfonso. They were so hot in 1983.

Good for him. He is so underrated and so deserves an Emmy. He nor anybody (except for Chandler Massey) will ever get one working on Days.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Drew
Jul 14 2013, 01:18 AM
Mary Beth Evans, Stephen Nicholls, Farah Fath, Judi Evans, Billy Warlock, Julie Pinson, Brandon Beemer, Wally Kurth, Tamra Braun, etc, all did their best work away from Days.
Yet Tamara Braun won an Emmy for DAYS.

I'd actually say Brandon Beemer was better on DAYS than B&B. I'd also say that Julie Pinson's best work actually was on DAYS, though she won an Emmy for ATWT. Some would say she was better on PC, but I really loved her as Billie.

Other actors who did their best work on DAYS:

Eileen Davidson, Joseph Mascolo, Thaao Penghlis, Leann Hunley, Lisa Rinna, Patrick Muldoon, Eric Martsolf, Matthew Ashford- all are exceptions to the rule.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I don't think Days has been an environment for anyone to do great work since the mid-90's. But I do think a number of actors have done very good work there over the years -- or maybe just find their work elsewhere overrated, lol.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

juniorz1
Jul 14 2013, 06:12 PM
Drew

I'd actually say Brandon Beemer was better on DAYS than B&B. I'd also say that Julie Pinson's best work actually was on DAYS, though she won an Emmy for ATWT. Some would say she was better on PC, but I really loved her as Billie.

Eileen Davidson, Joseph Mascolo, Thaao Penghlis, Leann Hunley, Lisa Rinna, Patrick Muldoon, Eric Martsolf, Matthew Ashford- all are exceptions to the rule.
and Billy Warlock and Leann Hunley won an Emmy for Days as well.
Eileen Davidson, Thaao Penghlis and Matthew Ashford got their first Emmy noms for their work on Days.
Edited by T-Love74, Jul 15 2013, 12:52 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

juniorz1
Drew

Natalia Livingston and Kristen Alderson also have emmys, so ... yeah.

But for the sake of argument, Tamara Braun was a lead actress for GH but only a supporting for Days and that's much easier to win.

Lisa Rinna has two significant roles to her name and has clearly forgotten how to act. Eileen Davidson is better as Ashley, hands down. Kristen just lends herself to more hystrionics than Ashley. And SBTB Muldoon > 2011 Austin.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

EJ_SamiFF
Jul 12 2013, 05:01 PM
darraholic
Jul 12 2013, 04:52 PM
UGH GH. If they nab Reckell then Days should return the favour and sign Marcil.
Hell no!! I would be so upset if that happened.Days can have PR cause VM belongs on gh more.
Now you know how the DAYS fans feel ;)

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Drew
Jul 15 2013, 01:59 AM
juniorz1
Drew

Natalia Livingston and Kristen Alderson also have emmys, so ... yeah.

But for the sake of argument, Tamara Braun was a lead actress for GH but only a supporting for Days and that's much easier to win.

Lisa Rinna has two significant roles to her name and has clearly forgotten how to act. Eileen Davidson is better as Ashley, hands down. Kristen just lends herself to more hystrionics than Ashley. And SBTB Muldoon > 2011 Austin.
This is where you MASSIVELY lost me.

There is absolute no question that ED has been better on DAYS than Y&R.

six
Member Avatar

darraholic
If Days is going to play that game, they could at least steal someone who's good.

CarlD2

I thought Farah Fath was consistently putrid on OLTL so unless she spent her DAYS time lighting her farts I have to assume she was better as Mimi.

I also prefer (vastly) Eileen on DAYS, and Tamara Braun's Ava to the rest of her GH/DAYS work.

The only time I've ever seen Reckell outside of DAYS was on Knots Landing, and that was a really badly written role at a strange time for the show. I'd like to see him elsewhere. I think he might do well at GH, but with the current level of writing and acting on that show, it will be a struggle.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

The description of Sam's dad today couldn't say "PETER RECKELL" any louder, lol.. I'd be surprised if he isn't cast as Sam's father at this point....

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

six
Jul 15 2013, 10:23 AM
darraholic
If Days is going to play that game, they could at least steal someone who's good.
dont agree but this made me LOL :blulaugh:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 15 2013, 02:10 PM
The description of Sam's dad today couldn't say "PETER RECKELL" any louder, lol.. I'd be surprised if he isn't cast as Sam's father at this point....
I thought the same thing the minute Alexis started describing her encounter with Sam's father the night she was conceived. Leather jacket had me convinced. I could definitely get behind Recekll playing Sam's father and potential love interest to Alexis.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

LuvingLumi
so Peter Reckell is the only middle aged male that can wear a leather jacket? and really, can we talk about typecasting if true? also, why would Peter go to a different show to play basically the same, if perhaps a bit darker, basic character??

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jul 15 2013, 02:36 PM
LuvingLumi
so Peter Reckell is the only middle aged male that can wear a leather jacket? and really, can we talk about typecasting if true? also, why would Peter go to a different show to play basically the same, if perhaps a bit darker, basic character??
That's Carlivati's style though. Tongue in cheek. I took it as a clue. Obviously, he had no idea the rumor about Reckell joining GH was going to come around the time of this episode airing. But when it was announced, fans would remember Alexis describing Sam's father and be like "Oh yeah, I remember..."

And hey, it's work. I don't think Reckell would care about playing a character similar to Bo. Especially since he loves the character as much as he does and would love to still be playing him. It's the show's fault he's not. It's not like he was looking for something else to play.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply