Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Is Peter Reckell Headed to GH?
Topic Started: Jul 12 2013, 09:17 AM (7,326 Views)
DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

If Peter Reckell is playing a Jerome it won't be anything like Bo. He may have been a bad boy early-Bo type character when he banged Alexis, but now he'll probably be a suit and tie wearing mobster/business man. Of course he could still be hot-headed because why not write to the actor's strengths?

And yeah that was screaming "PETER RECKELL" today so loudly. I don't think whoever is playing Sam's dad will debut for a while still. They have to let this mystery play out. Its totally Ron Carlivati's style to drop the leather jacket hint now even if it has nothing to do with how the character will be portrayed in the present time.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Jul 15 2013, 02:47 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jul 15 2013, 02:40 PM
Supergirlx2
Jul 15 2013, 02:36 PM
LuvingLumi
Jul 15 2013, 02:10 PM
The description of Sam's dad today couldn't say "PETER RECKELL" any louder, lol.. I'd be surprised if he isn't cast as Sam's father at this point....
so Peter Reckell is the only middle aged male that can wear a leather jacket? and really, can we talk about typecasting if true? also, why would Peter go to a different show to play basically the same, if perhaps a bit darker, basic character??
That's Carlivati's style though. Tongue in cheek. I took it as a clue. Obviously, he had no idea the rumor about Reckell joining GH was going to come around the time of this episode airing. But when it was announced, fans would remember Alexis describing Sam's father and be like "Oh yeah, I remember..."

And hey, it's work. I don't think Reckell would care about playing a character similar to Bo. Especially since he loves the character as much as he does and would love to still be playing him. It's the show's fault he's not. It's not like he was looking for something else to play.
How is it the show's fault when it was his decision to leave??

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

DiMeraFan67
Jul 15 2013, 02:46 PM
If Peter Reckell is playing a Jerome it won't be anything like Bo. He may have been a bad boy early-Bo type character when he banged Alexis, but now he'll probably be a suit and tie wearing mobster/business man. Of course he could still be hot-headed because why not write to the actor's strengths?

And yeah that was screaming "PETER RECKELL" today so loudly. I don't think whoever is playing Sam's dad will debut for a while still. They have to let this mystery play out. Its totally Ron Carlivati's style to drop the leather jacket hint now even if it has nothing to do with how the character will be portrayed in the present time.
ITA.....if I were to pinpoint when Sam's dad is showing up and can be seen on screen i'd say right before November sweeps starts maybe the week leading into it....sometime mid to late October, which would land the taping somewhere around September or so...since GH isn't so ridiculously ahead like Days is....whomever is playing Sam's dad can start taping in September and appear by end of October just in time for sweeps. That is why the rumors are heating up NOW....and I really do think the chances are great that it's PR that they are looking at for this role, if they haven't inked the deal already and are just keeping quiet until he either starts filming OR, like GH is known for doing of late, they will actually hold the information until the guy airs, which IMHO would be huge ...

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Jul 15 2013, 03:14 PM
DrewHamilton
Supergirlx2
LuvingLumi
The description of Sam's dad today couldn't say "PETER RECKELL" any louder, lol.. I'd be surprised if he isn't cast as Sam's father at this point....
so Peter Reckell is the only middle aged male that can wear a leather jacket? and really, can we talk about typecasting if true? also, why would Peter go to a different show to play basically the same, if perhaps a bit darker, basic character??
That's Carlivati's style though. Tongue in cheek. I took it as a clue. Obviously, he had no idea the rumor about Reckell joining GH was going to come around the time of this episode airing. But when it was announced, fans would remember Alexis describing Sam's father and be like "Oh yeah, I remember..."

And hey, it's work. I don't think Reckell would care about playing a character similar to Bo. Especially since he loves the character as much as he does and would love to still be playing him. It's the show's fault he's not. It's not like he was looking for something else to play.
It might have been his decision to go but it's obvious the regime isn't focusing on the likes of Bo and Hope, or John or any of the vets....he probably thought that his chances were greater to get SOMETHING at GH over trying to convince Days to sign him and then he stands around like wallpaper at Days....no thanks...I'd rather see a favorite on another show than have him sitting around at Days doing absolutely nothing...then there is always the chance that if Days does give him something they'll trash the character in a matter of months and then write him out anyway.....

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

T-Love74
DrewHamilton
Supergirlx2
LuvingLumi

It was his decision to leave because he wasn't receiving much in writing and they wanted him to take a paycut. And from the rumors, it sounded like there were talks for him to return, but the show backed out.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

peterreckell: Have you guys seen the SOD article? once again , all I have to say is, interesting.
https://twitter.com/peterreckell/status/356878112480436225

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

Yeah, I'm definitely leaning toward PR already having inked the deal...

T-Love74
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 15 2013, 03:21 PM
T-Love74
DrewHamilton
Supergirlx2

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

It might have been his decision to go but it's obvious the regime isn't focusing on the likes of Bo and Hope, or John or any of the vets....he probably thought that his chances were greater to get SOMETHING at GH over trying to convince Days to sign him and then he stands around like wallpaper at Days....no thanks...I'd rather see a favorite on another show than have him sitting around at Days doing absolutely nothing...then there is always the chance that if Days does give him something they'll trash the character in a matter of months and then write him out anyway.....
Hell, he's gonna be standing around on GH anyway, so what's the difference?

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

I'm squeeing over the idea of PR as a hottie hit man/general baddie so much. When Days turned Bo from a unique, march the beat of his own drum cop into the formulaic sanctimonious, judge-y, generic cop role, I ceased to care whether or not PR appeared on my screen as a Days character. This new role has so much potential, and while Days is totally doing it for me lately, I still think GH is a little better, quality-wise.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 15 2013, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I'm definitely leaning toward PR already having inked the deal...
really? i'm leaning towards the whole thing being a complete fabrication, hence Peter's use of "interesting".

six
Member Avatar

Seems like if it was made up, he'd just say so, instead of fueling the speculation by being coy.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Sometimes, actors don't want to talk about the press or media rumors. PR could be one of them!
Edited by Dreamy, Jul 15 2013, 05:35 PM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

six
Jul 15 2013, 05:27 PM
Seems like if it was made up, he'd just say so, instead of fueling the speculation by being coy.
not if he's trying to use this as fuel to get Days to reconsider their offer, or willingness to negotiate. Or maybe he's hoping that if there are enough people interested in him going to GH, then TPTB will be more likely to cast him if the opportunity arises.

six
Member Avatar

Dreamy
Jul 15 2013, 05:34 PM
Sometimes, actors don't want to talk about the press or media rumors. PR could be one of them!
If he doesn't want to talk about it, he's failing miserably lol.

Supergirlx2
Jul 15 2013, 05:35 PM
six
Jul 15 2013, 05:27 PM
not if he's trying to use this as fuel to get Days to reconsider their offer, or willingness to negotiate. Or maybe he's hoping that if there are enough people interested in him going to GH, then TPTB will be more likely to cast him if the opportunity arises.
Yeah, I could see that.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I hope this news is true. I miss PR on Days as Bo Brady was my favorite character. However, if he and Days could not come to an agreement and this is what he wants than I support Reckell. I will follow him to GH and will enjoy seeing what he could do with a new character.

Shortly after Moss left BB, there was speculation that PR could be a Ridge recast. However, he shot that down pretty quickly on Twitter. I think he is going to end up on GH.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Or maybe where SOD wrote "DAYS & PR talks broke down" is still going on but PR can't say yet.... who knows. One can hope! lol

Kaycee

DiMeraFan67
Jul 12 2013, 01:29 PM
Peter Reckell as Sam's dad is my DREAM casting. That would make sense for him to test with Finola and maybe give Anna/Duke more to do. Especially if he's a Jerome and Ava's brother. Plus I would love to see PR with NLG too. So many dream scenarios.

Obviously I'm only even entertaining this idea because I don't think Days wants him back at this time. If SOD is correct about this (which is doubtful) then I think PR probably went to Days and said he had an offer from GH and asked Days if they wanted him back and when they couldn't agree he went forward with GH. I highly doubt they got into real talks again and they broke down.
As much as Id love him back at Day's.. Thats just my Old Loyalty.. But Days is not what it used to be, They have no respect for the Mature Actors, and No Desire or talent to write for them. All They know are short empty Plots, With nothing to really drive the story. They know how to write Bed hopping, and def know how to shove stories and couplings that the fans hate down our throat..

So many OPP's if PR comes to GH. Since Shawn and Alexis are not so solid there is always that pairing.. But the story made it seem like He was atleast 7-10 yrs older.. And standing next to eachother Im not sure that would work. But Maybe.. And so far there are many women NOT committed to a Man, Ava/Duke a work in progress.. Carly needs a Man, So if its not going to be Roger H, Than Peter could be a good fit with her. Or if Ava does not truly commit with Franco than She could be matched to Peter as well, And they could somehow create a Franco/Carly match down the road, as RH, and LW have a great dynamic..Maybe he is a Jazz Pianist or some kind of performer, and Carly Hires him for her Hotel.. Lots of possibilities.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I think Sam's dad is a Jerome, still. Especially after the "J" clue today from Angel Rafe...yeah I felt stupid even having to type that. I'm starting to believe the rumors that PR worked with Finola Hughes when he tested for the role. I can see him being Ava's brother and Sam's father while having a history with Anna and Duke due to the Jerome connection. The Ava scenes where she seemed to know of Alexis last week hinted that this is a pretty solid theory. Not that its necessarily Peter Reckell, but whoever is playing Sam's dad will likely slide into that role.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I always wanted to see Reckell and West paired together. Thought they could have an interesting dynamic. I'll take them as siblings though.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jul 17 2013, 09:59 AM
I always wanted to see Reckell and West paired together. Thought they could have an interesting dynamic. I'll take them as siblings though.
You know they'll be those amazing siblings that have really awkward and inappropriate chemistry together. Kinda like Stephen Nichols and Nancy Lee Grahn's cousins Stefan/Alexis.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply