Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday July 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 15 2013, 08:27 AM (9,843 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jul 16 2013, 07:20 AM
Big missunderstandings are classic angst, but in this case we have a man scared of his suppose love interest, which I think would widen the gap between them not bring them closer together. If they wanted to do Safe angst why not have Rafe waked up and have him forgotten about the last six months and only rember Sami choosing him. On other hand they already done something similar with Ejami. Still they could have had Rafe having sweet dreams of Sami waking up realizing he loves her, the fact that she is engaged to someone else is angst enough.
But in this case, the only reason Rafe is scared of Sami is because he is confused at this point and his mind isn't putting events together correctly. I do believe, tho, that there is a reason why no one is telling him that Sami didn't shoot him...Gabi had the perfect opportunity yesterday, but it was totally skipped over. I am guessing this may somehow figure into Sami's trial later on. I just hope they don't have Rafe being the one who has some subconcious revelation about what happened with Bernardi and ends up helping Sami get acquitted. They need to move these two on already.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

That sounds like something likely to happen. I just donīt think that when they first started to write the story it was meant to put Safe back together, since they still seems committed to Ejami, but that doesnīt mean things canīt change.

On other hand since Rafe was in a coma when Bernadi was shoot I doubt he can be a reliable witness. Finding that razor should have Sami acquited, and EJ should be the one to do it.
Edited by S loves EJ, Jul 16 2013, 08:04 AM.

camera shy

S loves EJ
Jul 16 2013, 07:20 AM
Big missunderstandings are classic angst, but in this case we have a man scared of his suppose love interest, which I think would widen the gap between them not bring them closer together. If they wanted to do Safe angst why not have Rafe waked up and have him forgotten about the last six months and only rember Sami choosing him. On other hand they already done something similar with Ejami. Still they could have had Rafe having sweet dreams of Sami waking up realizing he loves her, the fact that she is engaged to someone else is angst enough.
If Ej can be with Sami when she actually shot him in the head and then I don't see any reason why Rafe and Sami can't be together because he just thinks that she did. And I don't see him not knowing the truth lasting long and sooner or later they will have Rafe learn the truth and what do you think he's going to feel about Sami then? It's going to be a long ways from hatred. I'm just not getting your argument that just because Rafe thinks Sami shot him then there's no hope for them being together when we have Ejami on screen. And in that dream Rafe did have Sami loving him and not wanting to let him go and she seems to feel that even after all they've said to one another in the past few months Rafe would still be happy to see her. :shrug:

S loves EJ

I never said there wasnīt any hope for Safe I just donīt think this storyline is meant as Safe angst in order to reunite them, but the writers can change their mind on a dime so who knows.

camera shy

S loves EJ
Jul 16 2013, 08:17 AM
I never said there wasnīt any hope for Safe I just donīt think this storyline is meant as Safe angst in order to reunite them, but the writers can change their mind on a dime so who knows.
All I'm saying is, I think by the storyline we've seen in the past few months when it comes to Sami, EJ and Rafe, they've kept the door for Safe. Rafe could have been taken completely out of Sami's orbit, but they chose to go with her kiling a man to save his life, fighting with Kate over Rafe and saying things like "What Rafe and I HAVE" instead of had.....all I'm saying is I think they've made sure to leave the door open for Safe.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

S loves EJ
Frankly I'm not sure what the purpose of Rafe continuing to be in Sami's story one way or another is if not to create some sort of angst for Safe or Ejami. I'm not saying that Safe angst will lead to Sami falling back in love with Rafe, but this show historically has the characters that use to be a couple once upon a time stop interacting all together (even if they share children) when the purpose is to push one character in a story with someone else romantically. Lumi were interacting and all of a sudden we are lucky if we get 1 scene every 6 months now. Same with Ejole and when Gary was EP and Days was writing for Ejole, he stopped Ejami from interacting. It's his MO, so to have him continue to somehow have Rafe and Sami interact one way or another is puzzling to me, because either there is a purpose to it as a plot point or something that we'll see soon enough, or he really is thinking about having Sami truly not move on from Rafe....and yes, I get that she's in love with EJ and she's all over him and all but the same thing happened with Safe not too long ago and the story changed quickly. Let's just say that I think they won't break all the ties with Safe because they need Sami to start getting jealous and insert herself in whatever relationship Rafe has with Chrishell's new character.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

camera shy
Jul 16 2013, 08:27 AM
S loves EJ
All I'm saying is, I think by the storyline we've seen in the past few months when it comes to Sami, EJ and Rafe, they've kept the door for Safe. Rafe could have been taken completely out of Sami's orbit, but they chose to go with her kiling a man to save his life, fighting with Kate over Rafe and saying things like "What Rafe and I HAVE" instead of had.....all I'm saying is I think they've made sure to leave the door open for Safe.

I agree that they kept the door open for Safe, my originally statement was that I thought it was a weird way to create angst if that is what it is, but I doubt they will get back together when the truth comes out, since they bringing in a new love interest for him but maybe later down the road. Still even if Ejole havenīt been in scenes together there is still hope for them aswell.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jul 15 2013, 10:16 PM
Supergirlx2
Jul 15 2013, 07:59 PM
LonePirate
Jul 15 2013, 07:49 PM
Did Eric tell Ciara to go into the kitchen and see her great-grandmother? Isn't Caroline Ciara's grandmother, just like she is Eric's grandmother?
yep. blame the scriptwriter.
You would think, or at least hope, that one of the actors/actresses would have alerted them! :ermm:
You would think. Days used to have a paid position that had the job of watching out for those kind of mistake. I think they called the position CONTINUITY. They dumped that position years ago, now it's a freeforall.

Lil
Member Avatar

Classic
Jul 15 2013, 09:59 PM
SC is a very nice-looking man but, he's always unkept and disheiveiled. :shame:
Normally I like a man who gets dirty/sweaty or whatever...like if he's in construction or something. But dude's supposed to be a surgeon!! If anyone should look clean it's a freakin' surgeon!

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

I don't think Safe will be getting back together.
I think Rafe will be fearing :shrug: Sami for a long time.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 16 2013, 10:35 AM.

S loves EJ

Since they are bringing in a new love interest for Rafe I think their plan was to continue to write for Ejami, but if things donīt work out between Rafe and Jordan they might change their minds and go back to Safe, and since they are taping 4 months ahead they might already have done that. It is of course other factors involved aswell like if GG keeps complaining how bored he is they might fire him, and just how committed they are to Ejami. If they want EJ to become the new Stefano that might not go well with Ejami.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

It's kind of hard to make EJ the new Stefano now that they've hung the stone around his neck.

EJ does some horrible(not boring) crime, gets arrested and badmouths the case the police made to the press, and flays them in the court room with nothing but lies... he's uh badmouthing Sami's father, Abe(Godfather?),aunt and uncle, also AG's uncle. All of whom could also get hurt investigating whatever it is EJ did.

He goes after Victor, and Justin and Brady defend Victor... um... That's Sonny's uncle and father he's attacking, and the stone's brother. The stone's son kind of likes Sonny, so that's out.

He goes full guns blazing against Kate... they have to make it boring lipstick stealing, because if he does anything truely horrible... that affects Lucas, which in turn affects Will and Allie, both of them kind of like Kate too.

:headbang: I suppose EJ can terrorize Mary and her hamster :sarclap: , now that tptb have completely neutered him. :bedtime: :sleep2: :sleep:

S loves EJ

That is what I said. We knew from the Corday interview that EJ will become darker and if the purpose for that is to make him the new Stefano they would have to break up Ejami.

concerned
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jul 16 2013, 06:59 AM
S loves EJ
Jul 16 2013, 01:11 AM
concerned
Jul 15 2013, 07:37 PM
LuvingLumi
Jul 15 2013, 07:33 PM
Brady is NAKED ya'll OMG!!
Brady just because you are naked doesn't mean you can't think.

Oh how I wish I was spoiler free and there was a chance he was going to use his brain.

He use an other part of his body.

camera shy
Jul 15 2013, 10:06 PM
LuvingLumi
Jul 15 2013, 07:01 PM
You know I wonder if this Rafe thinking she shot him is going to play into this story.... Maybe he is told the truth but still thinks that Sami didn't want him with Kate so she went to extremes. If the prosecution grabs onto that and start to center around it when the Bernardi/Sami tape comes out it would help the prosecution....think about it the tape only has Sami and Bernardi exchanging an envelope then she's jumping all over him.... The prosecution can easily say that she hired him to kill Rafe because she couldn't take him being with Kate, and when he refused she killed him instead. Maybe that is why they haven't dropped Sami being around Rafe yet
I think they haven't dropped Sami being around Rafe because they're keeping the door opened for Safe. Imagine how grateful Rafe is going to be to Sami when he finally understands how she put her own future on the line to save him. Look how much they cut Nicole out of EJ's orbit. They share a scene maybe once in six months and they could have done the same for Sami and Rafe, but they chose to keep them in each other's orbit and show that Sami still loves Rafe.

Itīs possible that they will go back to Safe sooner or later, but I think itīs a strange way to keep the door open for Safe to have Rafe thinking Sami shoot him. If Rafe was still in love with Sami shouldnīt he know in his heart that she wouldnīt shoot him. I have been wondering what itīs the point of having Rafe think Sami shoot him maybe Luving Lumi is on to something.
Rafe thinking Sami shot him when she actually saved his life is classic angst. And you're right, Rafe should know Sami would never shoot him.
I don't know why you would think Rafe would think Sami would never shoot him.
He should know better than most how easy it is for her to pull the trigger.

concerned
Member Avatar

Lil
Jul 16 2013, 10:21 AM
Classic
Jul 15 2013, 09:59 PM
SC is a very nice-looking man but, he's always unkept and disheiveiled. :shame:
Normally I like a man who gets dirty/sweaty or whatever...like if he's in construction or something. But dude's supposed to be a surgeon!! If anyone should look clean it's a freakin' surgeon!
The last thing you want is something crawling out of that hair and dropping into your open abdomen whilst you are on the operating table.

concerned
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jul 16 2013, 11:48 AM
Since they are bringing in a new love interest for Rafe I think their plan was to continue to write for Ejami, but if things donīt work out between Rafe and Jordan they might change their minds and go back to Safe, and since they are taping 4 months ahead they might already have done that. It is of course other factors involved aswell like if GG keeps complaining how bored he is they might fire him, and just how committed they are to Ejami. If they want EJ to become the new Stefano that might not go well with Ejami.
What was it that Lucas said?

Something about Sami wanting what she can't have.

I can't see the arrival of hot new Chrishell Stause character in Rafe's life being a precluder to Sami wanting Rafe back. If anything it will just make her want him more.

Hell we didn't even need Autumn on the screen for her to make her mind up that she wanted Lucas back.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

concerned
Jul 16 2013, 05:39 PM
camera shy
S loves EJ
concerned

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

camera shy

Itīs possible that they will go back to Safe sooner or later, but I think itīs a strange way to keep the door open for Safe to have Rafe thinking Sami shoot him. If Rafe was still in love with Sami shouldnīt he know in his heart that she wouldnīt shoot him. I have been wondering what itīs the point of having Rafe think Sami shoot him maybe Luving Lumi is on to something.
Rafe thinking Sami shot him when she actually saved his life is classic angst. And you're right, Rafe should know Sami would never shoot him.
I totally agee.Sami has cheated on Rafe with EJ.rubbed it in Rafe's face how EJ is the better man, and how much she loves EJ.Rafe also knows in the past knows Sami shot EJ in the head while he was passed out and she beat up his sister so he knows she is prone to violence and capable of deadly violence so I can completely understand how he might have heard the shot while in his coma and upon waking up in the hospital might think Sami shot him.
Edited by BeeBee, Jul 16 2013, 11:46 PM.

S loves EJ

concerned
camera shy
S loves EJ
concerned

camera shy

Ejamiīs and Safeīs relationships are quite different, and so are Rafeīs and EJīs personalitys. I donīt know if Rafe would do anything bad enough to make Sami want to shoot him. She wouldnīt shoot him just because he slept with Kate, when she has pulled the trigger she has had stronger motives than that.

concerned
Jul 16 2013, 05:45 PM
S loves EJ

I can't see the arrival of hot new Chrishell Stause character in Rafe's life being a precluder to Sami wanting Rafe back. If anything it will just make her want him more.

Hell we didn't even need Autumn on the screen for her to make her mind up that she wanted Lucas back.

It depends on the writers intentions, it could lead to a triangel with CS new character and Safe itīs a strong possibility, but if the writers are committed to make jordan and Rafe a new power couple and if they have chemistry it may not.

Pookie
Member Avatar

RE: Theresa and the Narc

If Theresa isn't the narc, then I'm willing to bet that someone we've met already in JJ's peer group is. I will laugh my ass off if it's Rory.

concerned
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jul 16 2013, 09:05 PM
concerned
camera shy
S loves EJ

Ejamiīs and Safeīs relationships are quite different, and so are Rafeīs and EJīs personalitys. I donīt know if Rafe would do anything bad enough to make Sami want to shoot him. She wouldnīt shoot him just because he slept with Kate, when she has pulled the trigger she has had stronger motives than that.

concerned
Jul 16 2013, 05:45 PM
S loves EJ

It depends on the writers intentions, it could lead to a triangel with CS new character and Safe itīs a strong possibility, but if the writers are committed to make jordan and Rafe a new power couple and if they have chemistry it may not.
Well if they want to make Jordan and Rafe into a new power couple nothing would make me root for them more than Sami wanting back with Rafe.

Its been way too long since Sami took a fall with repercussions that lasted longer than a week.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply