Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Drake Hogestyn's last "Days" episode aired Thu. 7/18; "Days" has yet to comment about Drake's status
Topic Started: Jul 16 2013, 02:20 PM (3,298 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

DRAKE HOGESTYN'S LAST "DAYS" EPISODE SET TO AIR TOMORROW

Although "Days" has not commented officially, Drake Hogestyn will possibly be making his final appearance as John Black on tomorrow's July 17 episode, when he appears in some phone call scenes with Brady. Hogestyn taped those scenes on March 18 and has not taped since. "Days" is now taping mid-November scenes this week. Hogestyn was removed from the cast credits several weeks ago. Whatever the outcome may be, John Black will be missing from the canvas for at least the next four months and indefinitely thereafter.

Reminisce about Drake's time as John in this John/Marlena tribute I did back in 2009 when the duo first left the show:
http://www.jason47.com/days/deedrakeindex.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Although I did not enjoy his recent work it is a shame to see another vet go out like this. Again. :shame:

Jason47
Member Avatar

MissLola
Jul 16 2013, 02:27 PM
Although I did not enjoy his recent work it is a shame to see another vet go out like this. Again. :shame:
This has been the most "mysterious" of someone being taken off contract as I can recall...

You had SOD saying he was coming back, "Days" not commenting at all, and me saying he's gone for at least the next 4 months. Very strange.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

This is terrible. I have a bad feeling DH isn't returning to the canvas again.

Posted Image
Edited by bellajewel, Jul 16 2013, 05:16 PM.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Days is screwing with the vets again. They just keeping it on the down low cause they think fans are stupid. Why do you think they wrote John so hateful this last period?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

What a weird situation. I don't get why they won't say what is going on with him.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jul 16 2013, 02:39 PM
What a weird situation. I don't get why they won't say what is going on with him.

Did they ever come out with news of Bryan too? I can't remember.

If not, maybe this is their "new" way of handling contact issues--contract to recurring or contract ending? :shrug:
Does it feel like they almost don't want to say anything so that people aren't calling emailing, etc to ask for that actor back?

Jason47
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Jul 16 2013, 02:44 PM
Angie79
Jul 16 2013, 02:39 PM

Did they ever come out with news of Bryan too? I can't remember.

If not, maybe this is their "new" way of handling contact issues--contract to recurring or contract ending? :shrug:
Does it feel like they almost don't want to say anything so that people aren't calling emailing, etc to ask for that actor back?
I don't think they ever did. Bryan's fan's mentioned it on the Lumi board in early May, I think that was the first time it was mentioned online. Never saw anything from Days and I don't think SOD mentioned his change in status either.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Quote:

Does it feel like they almost don't want to say anything so that people aren't calling emailing etc to ask for that actor back?

THIS!

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Classic
Jul 16 2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:

Does it feel like they almost don't want to say anything so that people aren't calling emailing etc to ask for that actor back?

THIS!
Yep .the prohelm with days not making official you do not know if you make it worse or better if you complain
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jul 16 2013, 11:20 PM.

james0479
Member Avatar

Ill voice my opinion and I know it isn't a popular one but here goes: It IS very strange how this info is being handled, it's an insult to a legacy character and his fans if this is, indeed, IT! Smells like there's something else cooking in the kitchen tho because this just does not make sense. However, I'm not saddened by this news as the John Black I knew died years ago and IMO, they should've left him dead. We know Deidre remains and I hope she gets good story on her own.
Edited by james0479, Jul 16 2013, 03:34 PM.

jules

Thanks Jason. Sad to see they way Drake has been treated by Days...I stopped watching when J&M were written off before and this feels like the same thing has happened without it even being acknowledged by the show. Miss my John and Marlena!

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I'm not a big fan of the supercouples (because they'd already been disbanded at least once or twice by the time I was even born), but it's so weird to see these established women on the show with their husbands floating in limbo. Hope, Marlena, Kayla....you would think the show would want to have at least one established couple to sit in their rocking chairs and give advice to the younger people. I'm almost glad that Doug and Julie are off traveling. They'd probably kill them too.

Aimikins
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 16 2013, 02:20 PM

Although "Days" has not commented officially, Drake Hogestyn will possibly be making his final appearance as John Black on tomorrow's July 17 episode, when he appears in some phone call scenes with Brady.
And by telephone , no less. What a crock.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Over the phone wow,so nice after 23 plus years they give him such respect. :frustration: :censored:

I won't ever watch this shitty show again till Drake is back and treated probably,I imagine I will be waiting forever.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Jul 16 2013, 05:16 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

I love the supercouples. I've been very attached to them over the years. I have my favorite, of course, but the stories for each of them were compelling. Each of them became friends before any hopping in bed. You'd wait months for a first kiss. They'd actually go ON A DATE. Usually there was some musical montage as they were getting ready for said first date.

Romance was in the air, I'm telling you.

But...I don't know. As much as I love those supercouples and respect each individual actor/actress that made up the supercouples, I think we have to let them exist separately now. If the male half of the supercouple is gone...especially if they're off doing other things, then tell us stories with the female halves. Don't leave them in limbo forever. And by the same token, if the male halves are available, and there's story, and they want to be on the show, tell stories with them too. These people were individuals first, before they were ever paired. Let them BE the individuals they are. They can exist well outside their relationships. There's no law that says they can't.

I want to see stories with Kayla, Hope, and Marlena. I'd say Jennifer, but I don't like Jennifer and Daniel together. I do welcome seeing her as a mom, as an independent working woman. But I don't like Daniel, so how am I to like Jennifer and Daniel together? I wish I COULD like Daniel, but so much damage has been done to that character.

I wish the PTB weren't so enamored.

Jason47
Member Avatar

I may have spoken too soon about the "telephone" part...Was just mad at how Drake was treated when I was typing it up...and had the spoilers "Brady phones John" in my mind...so was thinking he was probably going to be in a "Phone for John" Limbo set...but perhaps Brady calls him and he shows up at the Kiriakis mansion.

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

This is ridiculous. At least write a proper exit for John.

i<3ddjmalways
Member Avatar
What a beautiful couple!

Man I am so pissed! This is bullshit! :censored: :bat:

waterlilly
Member Avatar

I don't think this is right, the vets deserve respect. Snowy, love your Cory tribute...so sad.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply