Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Drake Hogestyn's last "Days" episode aired Thu. 7/18; "Days" has yet to comment about Drake's status
Topic Started: Jul 16 2013, 02:20 PM (3,331 Views)
bygnedys

This is just Corday's way, he knows it gets a lot of attention. He will probably bring Drake back in a few months.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

So I'm guessing he will be wondering around Salem and we will just never see him?? So stupid!

Daysofold

throughthehourglass
Jul 16 2013, 06:00 PM
This is ridiculous. At least write a proper exit for John.
The writers, TomSell, only write for the characters they like. Bo had been on canvas for 29 years, do you think they gave him a proper exit? Heck NO! But, they can give Melanie a month send off because they liked her and she was a byproduct of the current crappy regime. I wouldn't get my hopes up that John gets a proper send off, let alone any acknowledgement from Days, Corday or Sony that he is no longer with the show.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

So sad. If Drake is indeed off the show I wish TPTB had the guts to come out and admit it.

Seriously it's awful how the characters of John Black and Bo Brady have been treated by the current regime. It's why I wouldn't blame Peter a bit if he jumped soaps to GH. And it's not like they have given Hope and Marlena airtime and material to adequately deal with the departure of their husbands.

Ernesto
Member Avatar

This is bullshit!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Apparently yesterday wasn't John's last appearance on the show...he's on today's show also (7/18)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Graceland
Member Avatar

Yeah, I was surprised by his appearance today.

Okay, this is just crazy. Why on Earth haven't they announced his departure. Has this ever happened to anyone before? Too bizarre. I would consider contract negotiations, but that's not the case here.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Typical lazy character destruction without explanation and resolution. These writers won't even bother to write anything about Marlena not being with John or her missing him, the man she has been devoted to most of her life. He'll never be mentioned again, as though he never existed. Pitiful and disrespectful to fans. Their cowardly destruction of a beloved character and his inexplicable disappearance is inexcusable. :(

Rosebud
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Jul 17 2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:

So sad. If Drake is indeed off the show I wish TPTB had the guts to come out and admit it.

It's the Corday Way.
Edited by Rosebud, Jul 18 2013, 04:37 PM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jul 16 2013, 02:39 PM
What a weird situation. I don't get why they won't say what is going on with him.

I don't remember the details but I remember they treated Louise Sorel horribly when they fired her in the late 90s.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Jul 16 2013, 02:44 PM
Does it feel like they almost don't want to say anything so that people aren't calling emailing, etc to ask for that actor back?
Exactly. They don't want it in the mags. SOD put the RUMOR in the mag about him coming back, to get people to buy it, but Days did not comment. They don't like any kind of bad press. What would they say? We're done with the character now that we destroyed him and his marriage, so there is no reason to have him on contract. If they say nothing then they think people will keep watching thinking he's still around about to show up at any time.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Jul 18 2013, 04:40 PM
Angie79
What a weird situation. I don't get why they won't say what is going on with him.

I don't remember the details but I remember they treated Louise Sorel horribly when they fired her in the late 90s.
Yes, but we knew about that months in advance at least. Funny you should bring that one up...I remember getting a postcard in the mail from Louise on the exact day her last episode aired in 2000.

Posted Image

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Rosebud
Jul 18 2013, 04:37 PM
JarlenaLante

Quote:

It's the Corday Way.
Corday's way is wrong and unacceptable!!! He's a ungrateful tyrant that doesn't respect vets who made DAYS popular for many years. The least TPTB could do is give an announcement--but they don't even have the courtesy to do it.

They are shady. :glare: :ermm:
Edited by bellajewel, Jul 18 2013, 05:12 PM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 18 2013, 04:51 PM
Rosebud
Jul 18 2013, 04:40 PM
Angie79

Yes, but we knew about that months in advance at least. Funny you should bring that one up...I remember getting a postcard in the mail from Louise on the exact day her last episode aired in 2000.

Posted Image
Thanks for sharing! How did they write her out? I can't remember.

It's possible that Drake will be out for a while, then Corday will announce his PLAN TO SAVE DAYS (part 57) and he'll bring back Peter and Drake, and hopefully new writers.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Jul 18 2013, 05:02 PM
Thanks for sharing! How did they write her out? I can't remember.

It's possible that Drake will be out for a while, then Corday will announce his PLAN TO SAVE DAYS (part 57) and he'll bring back Peter and Drake, and hopefully new writers.
Ivan won the lottery and he and Vivian left town together.
Edited by Jason47, Jul 18 2013, 05:04 PM.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

This is just why this show loses long time fans. This situation, right here, is an excellent example. John leaves the show walking out of the Kiriakis Mansion and that's it. They are taping November Sweeps, and John is not in them. Deidre, on the other hand, is working and that's a plus.

Drake phoned it in the last few months, but look at the material. It was so out of character, he just couldn't even try to sell it. He's never been "Days" best actor, but he has been it's most popular. Despicable.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Classic
Jul 18 2013, 04:52 PM
Rosebud
Jul 18 2013, 04:37 PM
JarlenaLante

Quote:

It's the Corday Way.
Corday's way is wrong and unacceptable!!! He's a ungrateful tyrant that doesn't respect vets who made DAYS popular for many years. The least TPTB could do is give an announcement--but they don't even have the courtesy to do it.

They are shady. :glare: :ermm:
Corday has the philosophy, which he often discards when it's convenient for him, that DAYS is actor proof. That it's all about the show and no one actor or character makes or breaks it. Actors can be replaced and actors are not allowed to play the popularity game during negotiations because he will prove to them that they are not essential. No actor is going to hold him hostage.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Daysfanatic79
Jul 19 2013, 12:15 AM
This is just why this show loses long time fans. This situation, right here, is an excellent example. John leaves the show walking out of the Kiriakis Mansion and that's it. They are taping November Sweeps, and John is not in them. Deidre, on the other hand, is working and that's a plus.

Drake phoned it in the last few months, but look at the material. It was so out of character, he just couldn't even try to sell it. He's never been "Days" best actor, but he has been it's most popular. Despicable.
There was a great interview with Tony Geary, Jane Eliot, and Kin Shriner of GH where they talked about the importance of veteran characters to the long-term success of any soap opera.
DR Linkhttp://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8800005/1/#new. Soap opera viewers put a lot of time into their shows as they air 5 times a week. It's hard to keep motivated to do this when long-time favorite characters such as Jack, Bo, and John have been treated so disrespectfully.

Josephinejms
Member Avatar

This is bullshit. Bring Drake back and FIX JOHN & MARLENA!!!!!!!!!!! :soapbox:

fan57

Hoping this was not Hogestyn last hoorah as John Black! Would love to see the character back in Salem and back with the love of his life. Also, would love seeing them back in the penthouse, were they truly belong. Come on writers, make it happen!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply