Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of July 29th; *updated 7/21*
Topic Started: Jul 17 2013, 01:28 AM (31,239 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

scifi7
Jul 29 2013, 12:24 AM
concerned
Jul 28 2013, 11:55 PM
scifi7
Jul 28 2013, 10:49 PM
magicsteacher
Jul 28 2013, 07:26 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Adrienne created the situation that would require Sonny needing immunity though. Sorry not buying her actions are from an altrusitic place, not when she went to Sami to get her to explain herself, why would that be necessary?

Adrienne created the situation that would require Sonny needing immunity though.

?????????????

No she didn't. Sonny needed immunity from the first moment he decided to be complicit with obstruction of justice. It just happened to be Adrienne who ended up with the video. Abby could easily have turned the evidence in and he would have needed immunity. Adrienne could have accidentally sent the video to Caroline / Maggie / Jennifer the same way Sonny sent it to her thinking it was the video of Arianna Grace. If he hadn't of done the crime he wouldn't have needed immunity and it wasn't Adrienne who created the situation,the situation was there long before she got involved.

My recollection is that she went to Sami to see if Sami had a reasonable explanation for what was on the tape. Sami being Sami pulled a Sami and so instead of resolving a situation exacerbated it. If she hated Sami that much why didn't she just go straight to the Police, why try to discuss it with Sami, Justin and Sonny.
Adrienne and ONLY Adrienne possessed a copy of the video which she obtained from Sonny. Had she deleted the video, would this situation have come about thus Sonny needing immunity? and the answer is a resounding NO.

Adrienne went to the mansion to play judge and juror to Sami, based on Sami's answers and what she deemed reasonable she would sink her. Why not be upfront about it with everyone, instead she chose to go behind their backs.
How does Adrienne know that she is the only one that has a copy of the video?

Perhaps she figures she is best off going to the police with it and getting Sonny amnesty before someone else turns up with it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

She could have asked Sonny about it.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

When Adrienne tried to discuss the video with Sonny, he cut her off. So did Justin. She was trying to protect Sonny.

S loves EJ

Given it some thought since yesterday I can see now that Adrienne probably thinks she is doing the right thing, but that the show hasnīt been doing a good job of showing since she comes off as being judgemental of Sami, and she could have tried harder to talk to Sonny and Justin she just had to mention having a video of Sami and Bernadi. Plus I donīt think Sami being a mess have to effect Sonny, itīs one thing if she had a problem with Will but having a problem with Sonnyīs boyfriends mother seems like being to overprotecting of a growned up son.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

My problem with Adrienne is that she made life changing decisions about a case her husband was involved in without even talking to him about it. She assumed that he was involved in covering up what she thought was evidence. How long has she known Justin? She should have given him the benefit of the doubt because I haven't seen him do anything that would warrant her mistrust, unless you include that he helped EJ with the DE takeover, and that was all completely legal, so she has no reason to question his integrity. She believed that Justin not only violated his own ethics, but that he put Sonny in danger of arrest. What she did by turning over the tape is a betrayal of her relationship with Justin.

Dee-anne

S loves EJ
Jul 29 2013, 02:40 AM
Given it some thought since yesterday I can see now that Adrienne probably thinks she is doing the right thing, but that the show hasnīt been doing a good job of showing since she comes off as being judgemental of Sami, and she could have tried harder to talk to Sonny and Justin she just had to mention having a video of Sami and Bernadi. Plus I donīt think Sami being a mess have to effect Sonny, itīs one thing if she had a problem with Will but having a problem with Sonnyīs boyfriends mother seems like being to overprotecting of a growned up son.
Adrianne did do the right thing. The ones who did the wrong thing was EJ, Sami, Will and Sonny. They should have at least told Sami's lawyer the truth, instead they decided to take things into their own hands to remove evidentce that could be used against her. Sami is not an innocent in all this. She got herself into the situation she is now. She did not have to shoot and kill, as many has said before. If she didn't take it upon herself to chase and leap on the police guy, who by the way, could have easily killed her if he wanted to, then a video of her would not have existed.

She shot EJ and people covered for her, and she comletely got away with it, so I guess she thinks she can behave however she likes, and she does not have to think before she acts because whatever she does, and whatever situations she finds herself in, she would still have people covering for her. And it is exaclty the case in this situation.

The guy had a knife and the first thing comes into her head is to kill him. A guy with a knife with his back turned cannot compete against someone with a gun. She kills him instead of trying to wound him or shouting for help and seems justified in doing so. I dont even see any remorse on her part.

I also really objected to EJ's behaviour towards Adrianne when he is the one in the wrong in the first place. Abe was right, he is an idiot.

Adrianne did not break into people's houses, steal, told lies, kill someone, but yet she is being given a hard time. Does not makes sense to me. Anyway the writers need her so they can prolong this story, that I am already bored with.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Dee-anne
Jul 29 2013, 08:00 AM
S loves EJ
Adrianne did do the right thing. The ones who did the wrong thing was EJ, Sami, Will and Sonny. They should have at least told Sami's lawyer the truth, instead they decided to take things into their own hands to remove evidentce that could be used against her. Sami is not an innocent in all this. She got herself into the situation she is now. She did not have to shoot and kill, as many has said before. If she didn't take it upon herself to chase and leap on the police guy, who by the way, could have easily killed her if he wanted to, then a video of her would not have existed.

She shot EJ and people covered for her, and she comletely got away with it, so I guess she thinks she can behave however she likes, and she does not have to think before she acts because whatever she does, and whatever situations she finds herself in, she would still have people covering for her. And it is exaclty the case in this situation.

The guy had a knife and the first thing comes into her head is to kill him. A guy with a knife with his back turned cannot compete against someone with a gun. She kills him instead of trying to wound him or shouting for help and seems justified in doing so. I dont even see any remorse on her part.

I also really objected to EJ's behaviour towards Adrianne when he is the one in the wrong in the first place. Abe was right, he is an idiot.

Adrianne did not break into people's houses, steal, told lies, kill someone, but yet she is being given a hard time. Does not makes sense to me. Anyway the writers need her so they can prolong this story, that I am already bored with.
Exactly. Adrienne didn't know that all these other people who knew about the video's existence were purposely keeping it from Justin also. Frankly, if anything I do think Adrienne should have gone directly to Justin with this and let him handle it from there. But of all the people that knew, Ej and Sami were the ones responsible for telling Justin of the tape's existence...it's really that simple. Both didn't want to do that.....why must it be Adrienne's fault? I personally don't feel we should not be siding with Adrienne here....I tend to side with her anyway....but I think it makes total sense regardless of Sami's innocence, I still don't think that what Adrienne did was the wrong move, I just think she should have gone to the better option, her husband and Sami's lawyer.

S loves EJ

Dee-anne
S loves EJ

I know itīs not a wrong thing to turn in evidence to the police, but in this case Sami was justified to shoot Bernadi it was selfdefence that is how it was written even if it can be argued that Sami might could have handle the situation in an other way. So by given the police the video she could be sending a innocent woman to prison, so what I meant was that Adrienne thinks she is doing the right thing but it could end up having the wrong result.

In real world I think Adrienne could have tried harder to talk to Sonny and Justin, but in soaps they do it all the time with having people get interrupted or not listening when someone has something important to say.

I just think Adrienneīs problem with Wilson being together would make more since if they were having problem, but they are happy together the one that gives them problem is Adrienne.

Anyway I liked it when EJ was threatning Adrienne since I like it when he is bad, but I donīt think itīs the right thing to do.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

S loves EJ
Jul 29 2013, 09:30 AM
Dee-anne
S loves EJ

I know itīs not a wrong thing to turn in evidence to the police, but in this case Sami was justified to shoot Bernadi it was selfdefence that is how it was written even if it can be argued that Sami might could have handle the situation in an other way. So by given the police the video she could be sending a innocent woman to prison, so what I meant was that Adrienne thinks she is doing the right thing but it could end up having the wrong result.

In real world I think Adrienne could have tried harder to talk to Sonny and Justin, but in soaps they do it all the time with having people get interrupted or not listening when someone has something important to say.

I just think Adrienneīs problem with Wilson being together would make more since if they were having problem, but they are happy together the one that gives them problem is Adrienne.

Anyway I liked it when EJ was threatning Adrienne since I like it when he is bad, but I donīt think itīs the right thing to do.

I don't mind the threat, but I wish Adrienne would have stood up to him and told him off.....actually saying something like, 'Yeah, EJ, I feel safe, you know why? Because I have the Kiriakis clan to come after you if anything should ever happen to me....' Then have her simply turn around and walk away....

I hate it how this show writes women, cowering in fear every time someone threatens them...please.....as if I'd cower in fear and run into my house if that asshole ever said shit to me....please.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 29 2013, 09:52 AM
S loves EJ
Dee-anne
S loves EJ

I don't mind the threat, but I wish Adrienne would have stood up to him and told him off.....actually saying something like, 'Yeah, EJ, I feel safe, you know why? Because I have the Kiriakis clan to come after you if anything should ever happen to me....' Then have her simply turn around and walk away....

I hate it how this show writes women, cowering in fear every time someone threatens them...please.....as if I'd cower in fear and run into my house if that asshole ever said shit to me....please.
I would have LOVED to have seen your scenario take place instead!

am103
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
S loves EJ
Dee-anne
S loves EJ

PREACH! I don't mind Adrienne's fear of the DiMeras and actually welcome it to the DiMeras' history with the Kiriakis clan. But I do think that particular scene was ridiculous. Adrienne cowering in fear over EJ? Pssh. She should've got up and punched him! I hate the smug way "EJami" is being written, although I do think it is in-character for the couple.

Harmony233

am103
Jul 29 2013, 01:49 PM
LuvingLumi
S loves EJ
Dee-anne

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

PREACH! I don't mind Adrienne's fear of the DiMeras and actually welcome it to the DiMeras' history with the Kiriakis clan. But I do think that particular scene was ridiculous. Adrienne cowering in fear over EJ? Pssh. She should've got up and punched him! I hate the smug way "EJami" is being written, although I do think it is in-character for the couple.
IA isdn't this the same girl that stood up to victor when he was at his worse back in the 80's lol

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

Angie79
Jul 17 2013, 01:28 AM
Monday ("EJ's Visit")
EJ tries to be of comfort to Sami while visiting her in prison; Sonny and Will refuse to forgive Adrienne; Chad makes a confession to Justin.

Tuesday ("CT Scan")
Sami and EJ are hopeful she will make bail, until a surprise witness appears; Chad's CT scan pops up with concerning results.

Wednesday ("Good News")
EJ delivers some possible good news to Sami; Will believes he is holding Sonny back.

Thursday ("Eric Seeks Advice")
Eric turns to Hope for advice about Nicole; Cameron has some bad news about Chad's health.

Friday ("Impersonation")
Kristen impersonates someone from the past; JJ tries to retrieve his drugs without Nicole noticing.

**Update**

National Enquirer Spoilers
A surprise witness challenges Sami’s chances at bail
Sonny and Will refuse to forgive Adrienne
Stefano offers Chad a unique opportunity
Nick tries to make amends with Rafe.
Theresa tries to get to know Daniel better.

http://rogue-ejami.com/

Sonny pleads with Justin to help Sami
Marge begs Rafe for help
Abe and Kayla come up with startling new information that might help Sami
Kate privately asks Kayla for a special request regarding Rafe.
Sami is touched when Lucas and Will show their support.
Chad is thrown when Stefano gives his word as a DiMera that he did not send Bernardi in to kill Rafe.
Do we know who the surprise witness is?

Chad or Rafe??

leela46

I agree with those who say Adrienne did the right thing. She had no way of knowing who else had the video. She knew she had the video which meant it was likely that someone else probably had it and therefore there was a chance someone else could turn it into the cops. She knew that she had gotten the video by accident from Sonny which meant he was keeping back evidence in a criminal case. She didn't know that Sonny, Will, Chad, and Abigail had chosen to actually destroy that evidence, which is a criminal act. She doesn't know that the tape would eventually lead back to discovery that Will had shot EJ. She does know that Sami shot a cop in the back. Yes Sami says that she did it to save Rafe's life but at this point there is nothing to back up her story. Sami also lied to the grand jury about knowing Bernardi. I'm sure from Adrienne's point of view if Sami lied before the grand jury, why couldn't she be lying about why she shot Bernardi? And she sees her son breaking the law by keeping back evidence in order to protect Sami Brady. Of course Sonny is actually doing it in order to protect Will, but Adrienne has no knowledge of that.

I understand Will and Sonny being angry at Adrienne and where they are coming from. But I do think Adrienne was mostly trying to protect her son. If EJ does try and get revenge on Adrienne by doing something to physically harm her, I wonder how Sonny would then handle his allegiance to Sami and EJ.

camera shy

I hope EJ threatening Adrienne comes back into play. Maybe at a crucial point in Sami's case Adrienne mentions it and Justin leaves Ejami high and dry because Ej's actions.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
S loves EJ

EJ isn't an idiot for attempting to protect
both Sami/Will.Now Will has told Justin
things were because of him.Now I am sure
Will goes to the DA plays hangman and
ends up in the blue suit.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 29 2013, 10:48 PM.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jul 29 2013, 04:40 PM
I hope EJ threatening Adrienne comes back into play. Maybe at a crucial point in Sami's case Adrienne mentions it and Justin leaves Ejami high and dry because Ej's actions.
EJs soft spoken words of do you feel safe? were
an underlying threat.Adrianne deserved it.She is
a Bitch.

Kriss4

No she isn't. She's not perfect but she's a good person.

You can't say the same about EJ.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jul 29 2013, 11:27 PM
No she isn't. She's not perfect but she's a good person.

You can't say the same about EJ.
Adrianne isn't a good person.
She acts like her life was a bed
of Roses.Adrianne did what she
did out of spite.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Jul 17 2013, 07:45 AM
Speculation: Justin & Adrienne are kaput. Just wonder which 1/2 of that supercouple they'll ditch.

I really don't see how Adrianne/Justin are
considered a super couple.Justin cant
stand Adrianne.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply