Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of July 29th; *updated 7/21*
Topic Started: Jul 17 2013, 01:28 AM (31,846 Views)
fan57

Would really love if Justin just walked away from Samantha and Elvis after this comes out. But I think Justin will have signed that legal binding contract that Elvis was offering him. Even though Samantha shot the bad cop to protect Rafe, still glad she'll be spending some quality time behind bars. Lol, maybe they can kill to birds with one stone, if only Kristen could be caught and arrested for drugging Father Eric and placed in the same cell with Samantha!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Born Cynic

Supergirlx2
Jul 17 2013, 10:58 AM
Chabby
Jul 17 2013, 10:48 AM
But I still need Hope....
this!!!!
i have no doubt Hope will be at the school-related function, but it would be nice to see her outside of that. She hasn't been on since July 1st, & it's sounding like we're gonna end up having a month where little Lauren appears in more episodes than Kristian.
We could've had Jen talk to Hope about her concerns re: Theresa. Does Hope even know that her niece is in town?
Maybe we'll get a few Hope episodes out of Sami's re-arrest.
I want to see Hope doing more than prop Jen and her pathetic lovelife. I miss the days when it was Jen who was the sounding board for Hope.

Will&Sonny

LuvingLumi
Jul 17 2013, 06:59 PM
I don't know but I get the vibe that Chad will die of some brain tumor or hemorrhage or something and that will help thaw out Ej and Stefano a bit

There really is no reason why the show couldn't have put Bryan on contract and have Lucas and Theresa start something. If she has a drug problem then he can mentor her on how to stay sober...if you add that JJ starts falling for her and she falls for Lucas... That would be a good story if JJ turns all dark against his uncle. You have built in layers with Jennifer being Lucas' sis and JJ's mom, Sami is Theresa's cousin, and you can even toss Dan if you want since him and Lucas have history. it really doesn't take much thought to come up with something for Lucas... These stories write themselves, but they refuse.
Theresa looks like she's too young for Lucas, IMO. Not that I would necessarily mind seeing them together (aside from the fact that I can't stand Jen Lilley) -- I firmly believe that no storyline should be considered "wrong" or "off-limits" (as I've repeatedly stated in response to the complaints about Brady sleeping with "the person who changed his diapers"), and I wanted Kate and Chad to hook up with each other -- but I would want characters on the show to acknowledge that she basically looks like she's Will's age. I would want Lucas to check to make sure that she's legal before displaying any sort of interest in sleeping with her. Bryan Dattilo looks good for his age, but he clearly looks like he's old enough to be Will's father, and regardless of Jen's actual age, she looks like she is around the same age as Will (and Sonny, and J.J., and Chad, and T, and Cameron, and Abby, and Gabi -- all of whom Lucas looks like he could have fathered).

And yes, Theresa looks like she's too young for Daniel, too (not that he would let that stop him, since he was interested in Chelsea at one point), but right now, we don't know for certain that those two are going to be paired with each other in that way. I'm just saying that if she gets paired with anyone in that age group, I'd rather see the writers address the age difference instead of glossing over it or ignoring it entirely.

concerned
Member Avatar

How do we know Bernardi was a bad cop?

It's not as though he would be the first person that Stefano has blackmailed or intimidated to do something they didn't want to do.

And what was the evil thing that we know he did? Oh that's right stealing Will's evidence.

And why did Stefano get him to do that? Because EJ and Sami asked him to.

Once Stefano had that on him it would be easy for him to continue to blackmail Bernardi to take care of his Rafe problem.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

concerned
Jul 17 2013, 08:07 PM
How do we know Bernardi was a bad cop?

It's not as though he would be the first person that Stefano has blackmailed or intimidated to do something they didn't want to do.

And what was the evil thing that we know he did? Oh that's right stealing Will's evidence.

And why did Stefano get him to do that? Because EJ and Sami asked him to.

Once Stefano had that on him it would be easy for him to continue to blackmail Bernardi to take care of his Rafe problem.

During Stefano's meeting with Bernardi in the token "secluded section" of the Horton Town Square that Sami witnessed, it seemed clear from their conversation that Bernardi had been Stefano's go-to guy in the Salem Police Department for quite some time. Stealing the evidence from the police station wasn't the first thing that Bernardi had done for Stefano -- it was just the first thing that we got to see him do for Stefano.

And either way, stealing the evidence made him a dirty cop. It doesn't matter if he had done anything illegal before or after that point -- it only takes one illegal action to make someone a dirty cop.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Will&Sonny
Jul 17 2013, 07:49 PM
LuvingLumi
Jul 17 2013, 06:59 PM
I don't know but I get the vibe that Chad will die of some brain tumor or hemorrhage or something and that will help thaw out Ej and Stefano a bit

There really is no reason why the show couldn't have put Bryan on contract and have Lucas and Theresa start something. If she has a drug problem then he can mentor her on how to stay sober...if you add that JJ starts falling for her and she falls for Lucas... That would be a good story if JJ turns all dark against his uncle. You have built in layers with Jennifer being Lucas' sis and JJ's mom, Sami is Theresa's cousin, and you can even toss Dan if you want since him and Lucas have history. it really doesn't take much thought to come up with something for Lucas... These stories write themselves, but they refuse.
Theresa looks like she's too young for Lucas, IMO. Not that I would necessarily mind seeing them together (aside from the fact that I can't stand Jen Lilley) -- I firmly believe that no storyline should be considered "wrong" or "off-limits" (as I've repeatedly stated in response to the complaints about Brady sleeping with "the person who changed his diapers"), and I wanted Kate and Chad to hook up with each other -- but I would want characters on the show to acknowledge that she basically looks like she's Will's age. I would want Lucas to check to make sure that she's legal before displaying any sort of interest in sleeping with her. Bryan Dattilo looks good for his age, but he clearly looks like he's old enough to be Will's father, and regardless of Jen's actual age, she looks like she is around the same age as Will (and Sonny, and J.J., and Chad, and T, and Cameron, and Abby, and Gabi -- all of whom Lucas looks like he could have fathered).

And yes, Theresa looks like she's too young for Daniel, too (not that he would let that stop him, since he was interested in Chelsea at one point), but right now, we don't know for certain that those two are going to be paired with each other in that way. I'm just saying that if she gets paired with anyone in that age group, I'd rather see the writers address the age difference instead of glossing over it or ignoring it entirely.
Oh, I'm not even saying that it could go anywhere...it might but it could also play out that she becomes obsessed with an older man, just like Abby/Austin... As long as she doesn't go to great lengths I wouldn't mind it starting like that and then developing into something real with time.

Oh and I agree about the age acknowledgement....a few, you are my son's age could do that...
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jul 17 2013, 08:30 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

I'm just saying that if Kate had of waltzed in and shot Sami when she was hovering with a match over EJ's unconscious body we wouldn't all be loudly proclaiming her right to do so.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

concerned
Jul 17 2013, 08:47 PM
I'm just saying that if Kate had of waltzed in and shot Sami when she was hovering with a match over EJ's unconscious body
If...if... Sami died for real...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Will&Sonny

concerned
Jul 17 2013, 08:47 PM
I'm just saying that if Kate had of waltzed in and shot Sami when she was hovering with a match over EJ's unconscious body we wouldn't all be loudly proclaiming her right to do so.
I'm not sure that I get the point that you're trying to make. :shrug:

People are defending Sami's right to shoot Bernardi to save Rafe's life because they, as viewers, know that Bernardi was planning to inflict bodily harm on Rafe (to put it mildly...). They're not saying that she had a right to kill Bernardi because he was a dirty cop -- they're saying that she had a right to kill him because he was going to harm Rafe. That's what she believed based on her interpretation of the scene, and that's what was really going to happen. It doesn't matter if Bernardi was a misunderstood cop whom Stefano had taken advantage of (and we have no evidence that that was the case, but it doesn't matter either way) -- the bottom line is that if Sami hadn't shot Bernardi, Rafe would have emerged from his coma without a very important part of his anatomy, if he had survived the attack at all. That's why people (viewers, anyway -- obviously many characters will have good reasons to doubt Sami's story, but the "we" in your post suggests that you are referring to the audience) are defending Sami.

I didn't watch the clip that you linked (because it's about E.J. and Sami :yuk: ), but in your scenario, if Kate had waltzed in and shot Sami because Sami had been hovering over E.J.'s unconscious body with a match in her hand and Kate had assumed that Sami had been planning to light him on fire, and the audience had known that Sami was indeed planning to do so, then yes, I have every reason to believe that people would have indeed defended Kate's right to shoot Sami. (Hell, given the level of hatred that Sami seems to inspire in some viewers, I'd wager that some people would have defended Kate's right to shoot Sami either way, but that's another matter entirely.)
Edited by Will&Sonny, Jul 17 2013, 10:07 PM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Sami had dumped gasoline all over. She was indeed planning to burn him alive in that clip.

michr544125

Sevprince
Jul 17 2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:

A surprise witness challenges Samiís chances at bail

Abby
Quote:

Sonny and Will refuse to forgive Adrienne

Sonny is understandably mad at his mom but he needs to realize that you only get one mom in life but boyfriends come and go.

As for Will, I understand him being mad at her first too but this is a time to show care for Sonny's emotional need and push him to forgive her. Sonny has been there for him and I think he should return the favor. Otherwise, it would be more prove for me on how Will is selfish and self-involved.
I disagree with boyfriends coming and going. Sonny and Will have been together a long time in soap world. If this were a hetersexual couple they probably would have been engaged or married by now. But it's been stated that in Salem Sonny and Will can't get married. To me they are as close if not closer than most of the other couples. Sonny is a grown ass man that has been living on his own for a while. I get that Adrienne wants what is best for her son. But Sonny is in love with Will and in a committed and long term relationship with Will. She needs to back down. It's ok to express her concerns but also let Sonny know that she respects the decisions he is making as a grown man.

I think Adrienne is going to lose Justin and Sonny.

I'm just happy that Justin, Adrienne and Sonny are getting more story. About damn time.
Edited by michr544125, Jul 17 2013, 10:51 PM.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Jul 17 2013, 06:16 AM
Oh, Sami. :( I like that EJ is there for her, trying to comfort her. She'll need it now that she's faced with prison time or worse.
Yep Sami is sure going to need EJ comforting
her.Not to worry EJ can pull up a chair outside
her cell.

Will&Sonny

TreasureCove
Jul 17 2013, 10:08 PM
Sami had dumped gasoline all over. She was indeed planning to burn him alive in that clip.
Then I'm certain that people would have defended Kate's right to shoot Sami in order to save E.J.'s life, if such a scenario had played out at that time.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jul 17 2013, 01:11 PM
michelle
Jul 17 2013, 12:18 PM
I agree that Sami should have told Justin, but I totally get why she didn't. I mean had she told him, she would have also had to tell him the whole Will shot EJ thing saga and that would have been a GIGANTIC mess. For everyone, including Will, Lucas, Hope, Roman, etc.

Either way, she's STILL innocent and Bernardi's still a dead, crooked, asshole.
True - but only WE know that....characters who are not Sami fans...SHOULD be reacting as if she is guilty...the evidence certainly points that way.
I guess now that Adrianne has her hands on
that Video she cant get to the police station
fast enough.The Video will be turned over to
the DA and Sami will go to the pokie for
committing Perjury.

concerned
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jul 17 2013, 10:58 PM
TreasureCove
Then I'm certain that people would have defended Kate's right to shoot Sami in order to save E.J.'s life, if such a scenario had played out at that time.
I'm no longer a Sami fan and Kate is one of my favourites but ... I wouldn't be able to defend Kate if she had shot and killed Sami with that amount of what if's and uncertainty.

I don't believe people have a right to kill someone just because they are in your opinion going to harm someone. I don't think staggering across the scene of a crime with a gun gives you the right to act as Judge and Jury.
Hold them at gun point. Call for help. Shoot them in the foot if you have to. But killing them is going too far.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jul 17 2013, 02:36 PM
OMG - DAYS sure knows how to kill a new character.....send her Daniel's way.

The ONLY positive from this, is I HOPE to GOD he dumps Jen and hooks up with Theresa, then I can sacrafice her to the FF GODS and Danesa can be total skip material for me.
I wouldn't mind seeing a Jen/Theresa/Dan dynamic.
Isn't Teresa a bit young for Daniel?

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

concerned
Jul 18 2013, 12:00 AM
Will&Sonny
Jul 17 2013, 10:58 PM
TreasureCove
I'm no longer a Sami fan and Kate is one of my favourites but ... I wouldn't be able to defend Kate if she had shot and killed Sami with that amount of what if's and uncertainty.

I don't believe people have a right to kill someone just because they are in your opinion going to harm someone. I don't think staggering across the scene of a crime with a gun gives you the right to act as Judge and Jury.
Hold them at gun point. Call for help. Shoot them in the foot if you have to. But killing them is going too far.

:shrug: Sami told EJ the night he paid her a bedside visit
in the Hospital,that she couldn't light the match.
I remember that eppy.Celeste/EJ had set Sami up
to see if she would try to kill EJ.I would love to see a s/l like
that with Sami/Nichole.Sami wants Nichole stay away from
EJ.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 18 2013, 08:51 AM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Tuesday ("CT Scan")
Sami and EJ are hopeful she will make bail, until a surprise witness appears; Chad's CT scan pops up with concerning results.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

And than he told her the stuff in the needle he was injecting into her IV was going to kill her and her unborn children, which could have caused her to misscarry from fear.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jul 18 2013, 12:40 AM
Tuesday ("CT Scan")
Sami and EJ are hopeful she will make bail, until a surprise witness appears; Chad's CT scan pops up with concerning results.

Why in the hell would she make bail? She should never have been out of jail in the first place with the evidence against her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply