Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of July 29th; *updated 7/21*
Topic Started: Jul 17 2013, 01:28 AM (31,972 Views)
Rosebud
Member Avatar

What? Sami in jail? That cannot be... Surely Mr. Elvis, the all powerful, should have been able to stop that before it happened! Tsk, tsk... You're no Stefano Petri dish baby. Go back to Susan and Edmond and get a job driving a double decker bus.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

concerned
Jul 18 2013, 12:00 AM
Will&Sonny
Jul 17 2013, 10:58 PM
TreasureCove
Jul 17 2013, 10:08 PM
Sami had dumped gasoline all over. She was indeed planning to burn him alive in that clip.
Then I'm certain that people would have defended Kate's right to shoot Sami in order to save E.J.'s life, if such a scenario had played out at that time.
I'm no longer a Sami fan and Kate is one of my favourites but ... I wouldn't be able to defend Kate if she had shot and killed Sami with that amount of what if's and uncertainty.

I don't believe people have a right to kill someone just because they are in your opinion going to harm someone. I don't think staggering across the scene of a crime with a gun gives you the right to act as Judge and Jury.
Hold them at gun point. Call for help. Shoot them in the foot if you have to. But killing them is going too far.

Without turning this into a political discussion, I'll just point out that Sami shot Bernardi to stop him -- not to kill him. Yes, he died, but it wasn't like Sami wanted that to happen. She was just protecting Rafe, and regardless of how anyone might feel about guns, that qualifies as self-defense. Based on what we, as viewers, know about the situation, Sami's actions were completely justified.

While it's not exactly the same thing, since she is a cop, I don't recall ever seeing anyone question Hope's decision to shoot to kill when she found Jensen in that shed on Smith Island instead of simply shooting him in the foot. Both were, to use a classic television phrase, "clean shootings". If the razor had not been removed from the crime scene, this wouldn't have even been an issue in the first place.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 17 2013, 08:28 PM
Will&Sonny
Jul 17 2013, 07:49 PM
LuvingLumi
Jul 17 2013, 06:59 PM
I don't know but I get the vibe that Chad will die of some brain tumor or hemorrhage or something and that will help thaw out Ej and Stefano a bit

There really is no reason why the show couldn't have put Bryan on contract and have Lucas and Theresa start something. If she has a drug problem then he can mentor her on how to stay sober...if you add that JJ starts falling for her and she falls for Lucas... That would be a good story if JJ turns all dark against his uncle. You have built in layers with Jennifer being Lucas' sis and JJ's mom, Sami is Theresa's cousin, and you can even toss Dan if you want since him and Lucas have history. it really doesn't take much thought to come up with something for Lucas... These stories write themselves, but they refuse.
Theresa looks like she's too young for Lucas, IMO. Not that I would necessarily mind seeing them together (aside from the fact that I can't stand Jen Lilley) -- I firmly believe that no storyline should be considered "wrong" or "off-limits" (as I've repeatedly stated in response to the complaints about Brady sleeping with "the person who changed his diapers"), and I wanted Kate and Chad to hook up with each other -- but I would want characters on the show to acknowledge that she basically looks like she's Will's age. I would want Lucas to check to make sure that she's legal before displaying any sort of interest in sleeping with her. Bryan Dattilo looks good for his age, but he clearly looks like he's old enough to be Will's father, and regardless of Jen's actual age, she looks like she is around the same age as Will (and Sonny, and J.J., and Chad, and T, and Cameron, and Abby, and Gabi -- all of whom Lucas looks like he could have fathered).

And yes, Theresa looks like she's too young for Daniel, too (not that he would let that stop him, since he was interested in Chelsea at one point), but right now, we don't know for certain that those two are going to be paired with each other in that way. I'm just saying that if she gets paired with anyone in that age group, I'd rather see the writers address the age difference instead of glossing over it or ignoring it entirely.
Oh, I'm not even saying that it could go anywhere...it might but it could also play out that she becomes obsessed with an older man, just like Abby/Austin... As long as she doesn't go to great lengths I wouldn't mind it starting like that and then developing into something real with time.

Oh and I agree about the age acknowledgement....a few, you are my son's age could do that...
When daniel was with Chloe or dated Chelsea it seem they never mentioned the age difference.what annoying with Theresa it not over age Daniel over her it because it same story all over again it seem eacy Daniel get woman obsessed over him.2009 Kate get obsess she willing to kill.2010 Chloe get obsess to keep Daniel that she almost let Carly get in elevator shaft.2011 Carly get obsess that can not deal with and get hook on drugs.2012 Nicole get obsess all over.2013 Chloe get obsess again and year not over yet.when they finally bring new girl she being waste on Daniel what will seem the Same story all over again and the writers refuse to write to show vets that are in Daniel age some ever younger.I annoyed by this

concerned
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jul 18 2013, 01:45 AM
concerned
Jul 18 2013, 12:00 AM
Will&Sonny
Jul 17 2013, 10:58 PM
TreasureCove
Jul 17 2013, 10:08 PM
Sami had dumped gasoline all over. She was indeed planning to burn him alive in that clip.
Then I'm certain that people would have defended Kate's right to shoot Sami in order to save E.J.'s life, if such a scenario had played out at that time.
I'm no longer a Sami fan and Kate is one of my favourites but ... I wouldn't be able to defend Kate if she had shot and killed Sami with that amount of what if's and uncertainty.

I don't believe people have a right to kill someone just because they are in your opinion going to harm someone. I don't think staggering across the scene of a crime with a gun gives you the right to act as Judge and Jury.
Hold them at gun point. Call for help. Shoot them in the foot if you have to. But killing them is going too far.

Without turning this into a political discussion, I'll just point out that Sami shot Bernardi to stop him -- not to kill him. Yes, he died, but it wasn't like Sami wanted that to happen. She was just protecting Rafe, and regardless of how anyone might feel about guns, that qualifies as self-defense. Based on what we, as viewers, know about the situation, Sami's actions were completely justified.

While it's not exactly the same thing, since she is a cop, I don't recall ever seeing anyone question Hope's decision to shoot to kill when she found Jensen in that shed on Smith Island instead of simply shooting him in the foot. Both were, to use a classic television phrase, "clean shootings". If the razor had not been removed from the crime scene, this wouldn't have even been an issue in the first place.
Wasn't Jensen armed with a gun - which requires a little different handling to someone armed with a razor blade?

And Hope being a cop makes a difference. Also I'd say Jensen being a known dangerous criminal makes a difference as well.

blueskies
Member Avatar

So are they killing off Chad? Sorta sounds like it with the CT...

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Haven't they found a replacement yet? Wasn't there a casting call a few months back that sounded like it was for Chad before CD confirmed he was leaving?

concerned
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Jul 18 2013, 06:09 AM
Haven't they found a replacement yet? Wasn't there a casting call a few months back that sounded like it was for Chad before CD confirmed he was leaving?
I love Chad but really why bother with a recast. It's not like he's the most integral character on the board.

If another Dimera love child turned up to be one more of Stefano's wild oats offspring no one would bat an eyelid in terms of believability.

I can think of many more characters who would be worth a recast.

concerned
Member Avatar

And I'm sick of people not dying and making miraculous recoveries.

Lexie dying was epic. Beautifully done. I'd like them to spend more time going through the emotions not just jumping from bed to bed.

concerned
Member Avatar

Note 2 Jack and baby Ejole's deaths were wasted wasted opportunities.
If they were so intent on killing them off they could have at least gone through the grief and ramifications with a bit more heart. Jen should have been given material that had us all reaching for the kleenex.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
I love Chad but I would rather they brought back a veteran character instead of recasting him. Like Steve, Jack, Shane, Bo, Tony or Eve. Especially Eve.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Jul 18 2013, 07:18 AM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jul 18 2013, 05:58 AM
So are they killing off Chad? Sorta sounds like it with the CT...
Sounds that way to me too. :(

annie21

Will&Sonny
Jul 17 2013, 10:04 PM
concerned
Jul 17 2013, 08:47 PM
I'm just saying that if Kate had of waltzed in and shot Sami when she was hovering with a match over EJ's unconscious body we wouldn't all be loudly proclaiming her right to do so.
I'm not sure that I get the point that you're trying to make. :shrug:

People are defending Sami's right to shoot Bernardi to save Rafe's life because they, as viewers, know that Bernardi was planning to inflict bodily harm on Rafe (to put it mildly...). They're not saying that she had a right to kill Bernardi because he was a dirty cop -- they're saying that she had a right to kill him because he was going to harm Rafe. That's what she believed based on her interpretation of the scene, and that's what was really going to happen. It doesn't matter if Bernardi was a misunderstood cop whom Stefano had taken advantage of (and we have no evidence that that was the case, but it doesn't matter either way) -- the bottom line is that if Sami hadn't shot Bernardi, Rafe would have emerged from his coma without a very important part of his anatomy, if he had survived the attack at all. That's why people (viewers, anyway -- obviously many characters will have good reasons to doubt Sami's story, but the "we" in your post suggests that you are referring to the audience) are defending Sami.

I didn't watch the clip that you linked (because it's about E.J. and Sami :yuk: ), but in your scenario, if Kate had waltzed in and shot Sami because Sami had been hovering over E.J.'s unconscious body with a match in her hand and Kate had assumed that Sami had been planning to light him on fire, and the audience had known that Sami was indeed planning to do so, then yes, I have every reason to believe that people would have indeed defended Kate's right to shoot Sami. (Hell, given the level of hatred that Sami seems to inspire in some viewers, I'd wager that some people would have defended Kate's right to shoot Sami either way, but that's another matter entirely.)
Sorry, but I'm stepping in here to disagree with the underlying premise.

Sami did not have the right to shoot anyone in the back. She gave no warning, she didn't call out, "Stop or I'll shoot." She could have told him to step away and kept a gun on him until help arrived. If she absolutely had to shoot a gun at the guy, she could have shot him in the leg or shoulder. The woman is no stranger to firearms or to dangerous situations. And she had already confronted this guy at least once (again, from behind). She had so many other options. Instead, she chose to kill a man for what she thought he might be about to do.

It is not a foregone conclusion that the ONLY way she could have saved Rafe from harm was to shoot (and kill) Bernardi. If she had called out or maimed the guy instead of killing him, that might have been enough. Killing the man to stop him should have been a last resort -- not the first thing she did.

Sami may not be guilty of first degree murder, but charges of manslaughter or assault with deadly force or something like that would have serious merit.

The show is trying to have us think that Sami will be a misunderstood victim in all this -- because she isn't as guilty as the people of Salem think she is. But that doesn't mean she is innocent of a crime -- a stupid, senseless crime at that.

Edited by annie21, Jul 18 2013, 08:09 AM.

lachelle73

Laufeyson
I hope they keep Chad maybe Casey (Chad) goes in for surgery and his recast comes out. I like Chad but they didn't do much with Casey so I don't blame him for leaving but I hope they recast.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Jul 18 2013, 01:08 AM
What? Sami in jail? That cannot be... Surely Mr. Elvis, the all powerful, should have been able to stop that before it happened! Tsk, tsk... You're no Stefano Petri dish baby. Go back to Susan and Edmond and get a job driving a double decker bus.
I don't think EJ can get Sami off. :shrug: Sami was arrested because there were no witnesses at the time, of the shooting and the Razor wasn't found.Now she will go to Prison for Perjury once the Video is turned into
the DA.EJ did the best he could.EJ asked Justin to take Sami case.
I thought it was sweet that EJ turned the case over to Justin.I am giving
EJ credit.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 18 2013, 09:10 AM.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jul 17 2013, 02:39 PM
WillFan
Jul 17 2013, 02:13 PM
National Enquirer Spoilers

* A surprise witness challenges Samiís chances at bail
* Sonny and Will refuse to forgive Adrienne
* Stefano offers Chad a unique opportunity
* Nick tries to make amends with Rafe.
* Theresa tries to get to know Daniel better.

http://rogue-ejami.com/
Why are they wasting Theresa on Daniel? Lucas needs a storyline and we already have JJ trying to come between Dannifer and that's enough. It's just amazing tptb think the audience would rather see Daniel over Lucas. It doesn't even have to be a choice of one over the other. Put Theresa in Lucas's orbit and Daniel will still have a big storyline. :shrug:
I wonder why they would want to waste Daniel
on Teresa?I cant picture Daniel being interested
in Teresa.I wouldn't mind seeing Teresa trying to
use Daniel to make Jen jealous.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

Hamilton
Jul 17 2013, 03:51 PM
WillFan

I like Stefano trying to pull in Chad. Lets get this ruthless plan rolling. Maybe Chad is the surprise witness since he is the one who took the video in the first place???

I like that Nick is going to see Rafe to make amends. Those should be interesting scenes to watch.

Oh Theresa. I really wish they had better plans for you than making your appearance all about showcasing more Daniel.

BTW, why was Chad shooting video in the first place? Was he trying to shoot vid of Sami or was catching her incidental to what he was actually filming?

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

Fantastic66
Jul 18 2013, 08:57 AM
camera shy
WillFan

Why are they wasting Theresa on Daniel? Lucas needs a storyline and we already have JJ trying to come between Dannifer and that's enough. It's just amazing tptb think the audience would rather see Daniel over Lucas. It doesn't even have to be a choice of one over the other. Put Theresa in Lucas's orbit and Daniel will still have a big storyline. :shrug:
Daniel is interested in female anatomy to have a place to stick his orange popsicle in. Age does not matter as long as the anatomy is there and available.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

rfsexton
Jul 18 2013, 10:30 AM
Fantastic66
Jul 18 2013, 08:57 AM
camera shy
WillFan

Daniel is interested in female anatomy to have a place to stick his orange popsicle in. Age does not matter as long as the anatomy is there and available.
:unsure: I want to see a surprise Witness to the shooting.
You cant tell me a Hospital is that big and
nobody sees or hears anything.Love the way
GT builds the s/l.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jul 17 2013, 10:19 AM
concerned
Jul 17 2013, 02:22 AM
We are rapidly running out of Chad time. If Chabby is going to happen I don't need CD wasting 1 of his 2 monthly appearances on Justin (regardless of how adorable he is).

Please send someone new on to rescue Abby from Cameron.
Chabby is a lost cause at this point.
I don't want Abby/Chad but they could still go that way if one of the persons they are casting is a recast of Chad.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

lachelle73
Jul 17 2013, 08:25 AM
It was Chad and Sonny ideal to get rid of the video they thought they were the only ones who had it and Sonny at first didn't know he had. Sami/EJ weren't even going to tell Will about if Sonny hadn't made them. They should have told Justin just for something like this but they wouldn't expect Adrienne to turn it in but Adrienne has it out for Sami and I still am not sure why. She seemed to not give Will a fair chance because of Sami and Lucas at first but now its all Sami,Sami,Sami.
:'( EJ told Chad to get rid of the Video.
EJ had wanted to confiscate Chads
Phone.I remember Sonny wanting to
fill justin in on the video.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply