Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Thursday July 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 18 2013, 07:52 AM (12,356 Views)
michelle
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 19 2013, 09:37 AM
michelle
Jul 19 2013, 09:33 AM
lysie
Jul 19 2013, 09:31 AM
michelle
Jul 19 2013, 09:22 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepIf Ejole and Lumi are the "better" couple options for EJ and Sami, and the show knows this, then why in heck isn't the show selling that by putting Ejole/Lumi back together? I'll tell you why...cause they don't want to!

I think the show is trying something new.This is the first time ever, Ejami hasn't been keeping horrible secrets from each other. It's EJ's turn on Sami's magical merry go round of love for as long as it lasts. Personally, I love it.

As for the Lumi/Ejole and their limited interactions, Lumi has minimal interaction cause BD barely has a role on the show anymore. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is. I don't know why Ejole has limited interaction other than they've taken them both in different directions, for now. I love Ericole and wish that Ejami had gotten even a quarter of the love story build up they're writing for these two.

But it seems like a giant stretch to claim that they are limiting their interactions, to sell Ejami. A lot of people have already "bought" into them, some are indifferent and some never will.

Like most of the couples on this show over the last 10 years. We're all not going to like the same things.

Come on now. For the same reason they didn't bother to put Ejami together before now. This logic doesn't work from either side because they change direction too often. They don't see things the same way we do.

I only watched a few minutes and I literally see NO difference between ejami right now and ejole before. I do think James plays things a little differently, but I'm not sure that I find one portrayal to be better than the other. Ultimately, I think he always tries too hard when EJ is in a relationship. He does the other stuff so much better.
But you believe they limit Lumi/Ejole interactions to sell Ejami?
No. I have said that it appears that way with ejole (based on what Ari said), and it does appear that way. I happen to think that would be stupid because I don't think JS and AZ have an ounce of chemistry, but Ari did imply that. I've never said squat about Lumi.
Please say squat.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

michelle
Jul 19 2013, 09:39 AM
lysie
michelle
lysie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepIf Ejole and Lumi are the "better" couple options for EJ and Sami, and the show knows this, then why in heck isn't the show selling that by putting Ejole/Lumi back together? I'll tell you why...cause they don't want to!
No. I have said that it appears that way with ejole (based on what Ari said), and it does appear that way. I happen to think that would be stupid because I don't think JS and AZ have an ounce of chemistry, but Ari did imply that. I've never said squat about Lumi.
Please say squat.
Squat.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

naptown
Jul 19 2013, 12:29 AM
Matt
Jul 18 2013, 12:06 PM
what kinda church is this? that's an awful lot of bright hot pink on Monseigneur's head
Actually, this is pretty common dress for bishops in the Catholic church. They actually do wear bright hot pink beanies. The Pope wears red shoes also. The Catholics love their flamboyant ceremonial outfits and pageantry! Nothing at all gay about that, no sir. ;)
I heard the new pope refuses to wear the red shoes. Sorry for the OT.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Jul 19 2013, 02:24 AM
For the same reason EJ wanted to step into second place behind Rafe after Sami declared her feelings for Rafe, and the same reason Sami wanted to step into second place after EJ declared Nicole the only woman he's ever loved.

Real love doesn't exist on this show anymore. Only bedhopping.
It's becoming like Y&R, which is Corday's dream.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jul 19 2013, 03:34 AM
I still can't stand Jen Lilley (especially when she's talking), and as a result, I don't really care about Theresa, but I will say this -- I love that there is finally someone in Salem who is openly expressing atheistic or agnostic beliefs. I'm not saying that to offend anyone, but there's been quite a bit of religious stuff on Days in the past year or so, and I'm glad that they're finally acknowledging that not everyone in Salem is Catholic, and that not everyone in Salem believes in God and/or supports the church.

I'd love to see Theresa attend the reception (just for the free food, of course -- she could have the munchies at the time) and refuse to conform to the typical formalities (such as addressing the bishop as "Your Excellency") because she doesn't believe in their religion and therefore doesn't respect their status as priests, bishops, monsignors, and so on. I'd also love to see a character who blatantly doesn't believe in God -- especially if that character were related to Eric and the writers actually wrote some juicy scenes about the matter. Balance is a good thing.
I don't think the actress would play that, unless assured there's a conversion at the end ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

concerned
Jul 19 2013, 06:33 AM
gailwinters
Jul 19 2013, 01:38 AM
Even if there's trouble in EJami paradise (and I do expect trouble, because that's the nature of soaps) there is no treason to believe that EJ and Nicole would get back together. Honestly, after EJ's declarations of his feelings to Sami, why would Nicole want to step back into second place? She's been moping after Eric for a long time. That relationship will need to be resolved and I think Brady and Kristen will be involved with Nicole and Eric. I'm betting one or both of these ladies ends up preggers.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that Nicole should step back Into second place. I think Nicole has been quite clear on her unwillingness to take ej back. The onus would be on ej to prove that Nicole is his number one choice.

At this point in time ej's declarations of love are about as valuable as a second hand condom.

:teehee: gross..but true!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Laufeyson
Jul 19 2013, 07:06 AM
LuvingLumi
Jul 19 2013, 06:40 AM
I never really liked Ejole, I just don't think Ej deserves to be with any woman, but I've always found that the Ejole relationship makes Ej tolerable to me. I also think they come across as more natural. IDK but JS doesn't come across as trying too hard in his scenes with AZ. They don't seem forced or 'acted' and they just play off one another as actors better than AS/JS do IMHO. That being said, I love Ericole fast too much to ever want Nicole saddled to Ej again... I'm not into agenda shipping at all, but I do believe that that show knows that Ejole and Lumi are the better couple options for the characters if Sami and Ej and they purposely keep those two couples to minimal interactions to be able to sell Ejami as the couple of the moment.
No truer words were ever spoken. How can they possibly have a snowball's chance in hell to sell EJ with Sami if we kept seeing the amazing EJole and Lumi interacting like all the time? As much as i hate the woman Lucas brings out the best in her (Sami & AS) just as AZ brings out the best in JS imo.
Who DOESN'T AZ/Nichole bring out the best in?!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jul 19 2013, 07:54 AM
LuvingLumi
Jul 19 2013, 07:46 AM
camera shy
Jul 19 2013, 07:39 AM
I think they're setting it up for Ejole to be friends again with Nicole telling EJ she'd see him later at the school opening. Because lets face it, everything Nicole predicted with come to pass and Sami will pack up the kids and stomp out of the mansion when EJ becomes a dark villian and Nicole will be the only one in town willing to give him the time of day. After all these months of complete isolation EJole is suddenly given a whole show to interact......something's coming. I'm not saying it'll be romantic, but I do think Nicole will end up being the only friend EJ has in Salem down the road.
and that will surely create a bunch of drama when she's officially with Eric and the entire reveal of what Kristen did comes out.....
It'll be interesting to see if EJ stands by Kristen when the truth is revealed. But I don't trust this show to treat what Kristen did as rape. I could see Nicole screaming at EJ that Kristen raped Eric and he'll laugh and tell Nicole to just face it, Eric was SEDUCED by a beautiful woman and it wasn't her.
I don't see him caring at all, if they write it true to character. Elvis is pretty much amoral. He only really cares about his own peeps, and only cares about others when it's convenient for him or serves some purpose for him to get something he wants.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

lysie
michelle
LuvingLumi
Jul 19 2013, 06:40 AM
I never really liked Ejole, I just don't think Ej deserves to be with any woman, but I've always found that the Ejole relationship makes Ej tolerable to me. I also think they come across as more natural. IDK but JS doesn't come across as trying too hard in his scenes with AZ. They don't seem forced or 'acted' and they just play off one another as actors better than AS/JS do IMHO. That being said, I love Ericole far too much to ever want Nicole saddled to Ej ever again... I'm not into agenda shipping at all, but I do believe that the show knows that Ejole and Lumi are the better couple options for the characters of Sami and Ej and they purposely keep those two couples to minimal interactions to be able to sell Ejami as the couple of the moment.
If Ejole and Lumi are the "better" couple options for EJ and Sami, and the show knows this, then why in heck isn't the show selling that by putting Ejole/Lumi back together? I'll tell you why...cause they don't want to!

I think the show is trying something new.This is the first time ever, Ejami hasn't been keeping horrible secrets from each other. It's EJ's turn on Sami's magical merry go round of love for as long as it lasts. Personally, I love it.

As for the Lumi/Ejole and their limited interactions, Lumi has minimal interaction cause BD barely has a role on the show anymore. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is. I don't know why Ejole has limited interaction other than they've taken them both in different directions, for now. I love Ericole and wish that Ejami had gotten even a quarter of the love story build up they're writing for these two.

But it seems like a giant stretch to claim that they are limiting their interactions, to sell Ejami. A lot of people have already "bought" into them, some are indifferent and some never will.

Like most of the couples on this show over the last 10 years. We're all not going to like the same things.

Come on now. For the same reason they didn't bother to put Ejami together before now. This logic doesn't work from either side because they change direction too often. They don't see things the same way we do.

I only watched a few minutes and I literally see NO difference between ejami right now and ejole before. I do think James plays things a little differently, but I'm not sure that I find one portrayal to be better than the other. Ultimately, I think he always tries too hard when EJ is in a relationship. He does the other stuff so much better.
and for the same reasons that they didn't put Lumi together for 10 years. Frankly the show might not want to go with couples for whatever reason, but they sure keep them 'in story' one way or another in a non romantic sense, at least they did before. Lumi was kept in story in a non romantic sense for 10 years while fans were clamoring for them to take them the romantic route they kept throwing shit at them that seemed (at the time) insurmountable. Sami thing with Ejami, for 7 years they were 'in story' even if they weren't in it romantically they certainly didn't limit scenes until a period of time in 2009 and then again in 2010 that coincidentally was the same time that they were trying to go with Ejole and Safe. For whatever reason Tomlin (in both the EP and HW capacity) does this often and it's not right.

Regardless of BD's situation...he was taken off contract in March, which coincides with what they are pretty much airing now...that doesn't explain why he was barely on from July through March though, and he was still on contract then, he could have easily been featured in scenes with his son, his mother, his grandkid and yes, Sami who he has an extensive history with...but since the show was focusing on bouncing both Ej and Rafe around with Sami, then obviously he couldn't be featured.....

Offline Profile Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Loved the Ej and Nicole scene... they are so good as friend-enemies. Almost make me wish for EJOLE.. but only almost. :P

Loved her dress.. and her new hair style.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Rosebud
Jul 19 2013, 09:48 AM
Will&Sonny
I still can't stand Jen Lilley (especially when she's talking), and as a result, I don't really care about Theresa, but I will say this -- I love that there is finally someone in Salem who is openly expressing atheistic or agnostic beliefs. I'm not saying that to offend anyone, but there's been quite a bit of religious stuff on Days in the past year or so, and I'm glad that they're finally acknowledging that not everyone in Salem is Catholic, and that not everyone in Salem believes in God and/or supports the church.

I'd love to see Theresa attend the reception (just for the free food, of course -- she could have the munchies at the time) and refuse to conform to the typical formalities (such as addressing the bishop as "Your Excellency") because she doesn't believe in their religion and therefore doesn't respect their status as priests, bishops, monsignors, and so on. I'd also love to see a character who blatantly doesn't believe in God -- especially if that character were related to Eric and the writers actually wrote some juicy scenes about the matter. Balance is a good thing.
I don't think the actress would play that, unless assured there's a conversion at the end ;)
Yea, yea, yea, yea, YEA!!!! :cheer:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny

Unfortunately, with Theresa, I don't think it will last. Although, I don't think that all religious actors insist on playing characters that reflect their values, I see a setup coming. If Jen Lilley were able to play an atheist or agnostic character, I would have a lot of respect for her.

I did, however, appreciate Will coming out to Eric in their first scene and calling Eric out on the Catholic position on his identity as a human being. Eric responded he wasn't in the judgment business, which helped establish Eric as a decent enough guy, especially for someone like me who thinks "child-molesting, creepy, misogynist, bs-espousing, corrupt, hypocrites" when I see someone in a collar.

Although, to be fair, if I were Catholic, I'd probably find plenty of fault in the way Days has portrayed Catholicism.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
michelle
lysie
michelle

AZ did say that the focus was EJ and Sami. BD just said he wasn't working, he Didnt reference any storyline for the reason.

I tend to think that TomSell just plain doesn't like the character of Lucas or BD, one or the other. Everytime they're in charge BD goes. I really don't think it has much to do with who Sami is paired with. He has enough story with other characters that he could be featured more.

As for yesterday's scenes, I like Ejole. But I didn't see all this chemistry jumping off my screen. The scenes were fine.im glad they're not hating on each other anymore. And honestly, I hope they have more scenes, but do I think this is a sign that tptb are putting Ejole back together? NO. I think we're headed for Ericole, and Ejami will be together thru the first of next year. At that point, who knows.

I'm pulling for Steffy to fake EJ's death, brainwash him so he doesn't remember Samantha, and she has to fight for him to regain his memory. Meanwhile, he's doing all kinds of villainous things & being HAWT.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dee-anne

I enjoyed the Ejole scenes. Loved everthing Nicole said to him, including what she said about Sami. Makes me wish they had not destroyed this pairing. It's so great watching them, but I am now rooting for Ericole.
Offline Profile Goto Top

samifan7

camera shy
Jul 19 2013, 05:25 AM
samifan7
Jul 18 2013, 11:40 PM
Ecole are really boring they never be Ejami they just have not got not sexy enough that what I got from todays scenes JS has no chemistry with AZ he so better with Ali when you see EJ with Sami you can see how much he loves her when I saw him today with Nicole there was nothing and that because he never loved her in the way he loved Sami.
I wouldn't want Ejole to be Ejami. Never.
That's ok because they never will be like Ejami EJ should be with the one he loves and that is Sami not the rebound woman EJ called called out Sami's name when he had sex with Nicole once that said it all about Ecole they are one joke of a couple he when he was with her he couldn't hide his feelings for Sami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

EJ enjoyed causing and seeing Sami in pain. torturing and rape equals true love on this show. I really wish tptb hadn't done this. It really sucks.
Edited by TreasureCove, Jul 19 2013, 12:05 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

No one cares.
Offline Profile Goto Top

samifan7

TreasureCove
Jul 19 2013, 11:58 AM
EJ enjoyed causing and seeing Sami in pain. torturing and rape equals true love on this show. I really wish tptb hadn't done this. It really sucks.
Putting Ejami together was the best thing tptb ever done I am watching the show again because of them so I have to disagree with you about that tptb best move ever they finally got it that AS and JS are best together as the super couple called Ejami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Ok.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Oy with the poodles already.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic