Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: DAYS Casting New Role
Topic Started: Jul 18 2013, 10:14 AM (7,522 Views)
Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

SoapDigest: DAYS Casting New Role http://t.co/XhApQlWs0h
https://twitter.com/soapdigest/status/357880609118486529
Quote:

DAYS Casting New Role
By SOD • Posted: Jul 18, 2013

The casting calls continue at DAYS. The show is seeking a daytime or prime-time "name actor only" to start shooting in mid-August for the contract role of Seth, who is described as a 45-55 gorgeous male. The specifics read: "All ethnicities. Seth is an outgoing, charismatic extremely handsome man. He is charming and funny but is also opinionated at times, He is very sure of himself which sometimes can be mistaken as arrogance…. The one real chink in his armor is his young son. He is fiercely protective of him. There is some mystery as to their past and he could very well have a darker to his personality when backed into a corner."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OliveAnn

"Name actor"? Did Maria Arena Bell start working at Days suddenly?

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Unless they bring this man to hope is waste of money and annoying since the show lack of use vets that age
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

45 to 55....hello love interest for Marlena?

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

They want a 50 year old AND he can be any ethnicity? MIND BLOWN!

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Ok, what's a name actor?

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Hmmmmm. Since CS is being brought in for Rafe, maybe Seth is for Kate???

OliveAnn

Laufeyson
Jul 18 2013, 10:33 AM
Ok, what's a name actor?
A known actor. Usually an actor who was once super popular for a role either in primetime or daytime, but has since done nothing and is today therefore only known because of his name.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Hmmm... Sounds like a guy for Hope to me, especially since this comes on the heals of talks with PR "breaking down." But if it is a guy for Hope, again, why not Vargas?

Ellie

Laufeyson
Ok, what's a name actor?
Basically what it sounds like... someone whose name we've heard, whether in soaps, TV or otherwise. Usually people stay within soaps, so for example it could be a leading actor from another soap who was let go or something. I think Mitch's guess is probably a good one - a name actor probably means a love interest for a name actress, ie, Deidre. (Or could be Kristian... but someone within that bracket.)

jam6242
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Ok, what's a name actor?
Someone with name recognition. I'm hoping this is someone for Hope. I would be happy if it was for Kayla too but that seems less likely since it's a contract role. Seems a bit young for Marlena unless they're doing another older woman/younger man pairing. Please no more men for Jen or Kristen.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

jam6242
Jul 18 2013, 10:42 AM
Laufeyson
Ok, what's a name actor?
Someone with name recognition. I'm hoping this is someone for Hope. I would be happy if it was for Kayla too but that seems less likely since it's a contract role. Seems a bit young for Marlena unless they're doing another older woman/younger man pairing. Please no more men for Jen or Kristen.
I hope it's not for Hope. That needs to be Vargas' role, damn it! :D

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

Bright Eyes
Jul 18 2013, 10:43 AM
jam6242
Laufeyson
Ok, what's a name actor?
i'd LOVE to see Hope & Vargas together. i'm not sure why TPTB isn't going that route, especially since they know people would love the pairing. that said, if TPTB is just gonna have Vargas disappear, then i'm all for someone else. and this guy has a young son. maybe he goes to the same school as Ciara & she befriends him and it's through Ciara that Hope meets him.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Very intrigued by this role and pleasantly surprised. Too many single (or basically single) women that could fit this age range. I really want them to bring in Robert Newman for Marlena.

Ellie

It's not young for Marlena imo - she does look very young. I mean, Charles Shaughnessy for example is 8 years younger than her, yet he looks older on screen. Drake is younger than Deidre and looks older onscreen.

Ellie

I think with the "name actor", that narrows down who it could be for. Also, I think it's pretty safe to say it would be a PR or Drake replacement. Name actors come with name actor salaries!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'd much rather they create a role with a story & THEN try to cast the role with a name actor than hire a name actor just to have the name actor & then try to create a role & story (often forcing the actor/character into existing story) just for the sake of having that actor.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Jul 18 2013, 10:43 AM
jam6242
Laufeyson
Ok, what's a name actor?
That's my first choice but it doesn't look like it's happening.

Ellie

Matt
Jul 18 2013, 10:54 AM
I'd much rather they create a role with a story & THEN try to cast the role with a name actor than hire a name actor just to have the name actor & then try to create a role & story (often forcing the actor/character into existing story) just for the sake of having that actor.
From the casting call, it sounds like they do have a story...

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Fiercely protective of his son?? I wonder if his son isnt already on the canvas?? Nick?? Brent?? Cameron??

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply