Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: DAYS Casting New Role
Topic Started: Jul 18 2013, 10:14 AM (7,774 Views)
No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

I thought "Seth" was the name they gave to the Chief of Staff for the hospital a few months ago. The guy was already in a couple of scenes, but from the sound of it, they want to pursue this. Hey, maybe he'll be Sami's new man after she & EJ blow up. HAHA!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Jul 18 2013, 11:11 AM
I thought "Seth" was the name they gave to the Chief of Staff for the hospital a few months ago. The guy was already in a couple of scenes, but from the sound of it, they want to pursue this. Hey, maybe he'll be Sami's new man after she & EJ blow up. HAHA!!
HELL TO THE NO!!!!!!!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Supergirlx2
Jul 18 2013, 10:46 AM
Bright Eyes
Jul 18 2013, 10:43 AM
jam6242
Jul 18 2013, 10:42 AM
Laufeyson
Jul 18 2013, 10:33 AM
Ok, what's a name actor?
Someone with name recognition. I'm hoping this is someone for Hope. I would be happy if it was for Kayla too but that seems less likely since it's a contract role. Seems a bit young for Marlena unless they're doing another older woman/younger man pairing. Please no more men for Jen or Kristen.
I hope it's not for Hope. That needs to be Vargas' role, damn it! :D
i'd LOVE to see Hope & Vargas together. i'm not sure why TPTB isn't going that route, especially since they know people would love the pairing. that said, if TPTB is just gonna have Vargas disappear, then i'm all for someone else. and this guy has a young son. maybe he goes to the same school as Ciara & she befriends him and it's through Ciara that Hope meets him.
I got the impression that SD is gone and hasn't been around for months....you see what I don't get about this show....if they wanted to chem test Hope with someone....Vargas was the character to do it....a non contract role that can come in once a week and have scenes with Hope.....then slowly if they see that the coupling works give the guy a contract and run with the story....but no...they automatically advertise for yet another contract role, which they absolutely don't need at the time when they have actors that they are bumping to recurring and firing because they simply don't care to write for them. At the very least Vargas had at least 6 months of character development, with this guy they have to start off new....it's so frustrating.

Ellie

No1_ILoveLucyFan
They almost always use fake names for these casting calls.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

T-Love74
Fiercely protective of his son?? I wonder if his son isnt already on the canvas?? Nick?? Brent?? Cameron??
i'm not sure Nick, Brent, or Cameron count as "young" in this case. the way I read it, "young son" meant someone that was pre-teen.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Fiercely protective of his son?? I wonder if his son isnt already on the canvas?? Nick?? Brent?? Cameron??
It said "young son" though. I assumed that meant a child.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Ellie
Jul 18 2013, 10:57 AM
Matt
Jul 18 2013, 10:54 AM
I'd much rather they create a role with a story & THEN try to cast the role with a name actor than hire a name actor just to have the name actor & then try to create a role & story (often forcing the actor/character into existing story) just for the sake of having that actor.
From the casting call, it sounds like they do have a story...
That's what I mean. I approve that they're casting a specific role with a name actor instead of trying to create a role for a big actor who they just happened to get.

Marlene

I agree with Jam6242. To me young son means a child.

I agree that Deidre looks younger than Drake, but I'm guessing "Seth" is for Hope.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

If "Seth" is intended as a love-interest for Hope, I would wager that if Peter Reckell goes to GH as is being hinted at in various places (although nothing is confirmed as far as I know), then Days will be left no choice but to finally actually address the situation with Bo & Hope once and for all. It sucks, but I'd rather see them divorce than have them kill Bo off (again)...it would at least leave room for a return that's not from the dead & they could still work on their relationship. I'm dreaming though, with these writers, they'll probably go the route of "The Colby's" and have him picked up by a UFO.
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, Jul 18 2013, 11:36 AM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Jul 18 2013, 11:35 AM
If "Seth" is intended as a love-interest for Hope, I would wager that if Peter Reckell goes to GH as is being hinted at in various places (although nothing is confirmed as far as I know), then Days will be left no choice but to finally actually address the situation with Bo & Hope once and for all. It sucks, but I'd rather see them divorce than have them kill Bo off (again)...it would at least leave room for a return that's not from the dead & they could still work on their relationship. I'm dreaming though, with these writers, they'll probably go the route of "The Colby's" and have him picked up by a UFO.
Bo's never been killed. it's always been Hope that has been thought to be dead. the only time Bo was thought to be dead was in 1984 when he was on the plane that crashed on the island.
I'd rather have Bo dead than have Bo & Hope split/divorced yet again! we've gotten to the point where, if both are alive then there's no point in a triangle, cause it's always gonna end up the same. besides which, Hope would never move on with someone else if she & Bo split up again. Hope never hooked up with Franco, & she couldn't even let herself have romantic feelings for Justin. Yes, she slept with Patrick, but her giving into that temptation was the result of a whole bunch of big lies and an altered email. Hope admitted that she wouldn't have slept with Patrick if she had gotten the email as Bo had intended. Even still though, Hope didn't love Patrick & didn't really have serious romantic feelings for him. she just enjoyed having him as a support for her.

a one-sided breakup would be such a cop-out, imo. it would make much more sense to set up something like Bo coming home and then his plane disappearing and reports coming through saying that it's thought the plane crashed.

Lil
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jul 18 2013, 10:40 AM
Hmmm... Sounds like a guy for Hope to me, especially since this comes on the heals of talks with PR "breaking down." But if it is a guy for Hope, again, why not Vargas?
I miss Vargas :-(

T-Love74
Member Avatar

I get what what some of u are saying with the "young" thing, but it also says he and his son have a mysterious past. That's why I assumed Nick, Cameron, etc. I mean we really dont know who Cameron's father is.

angie37
Member Avatar

"Sigh." I wish it read "Roman" instead of "Seth." Oh, well...

Keith
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jul 18 2013, 11:43 AM
No1_ILoveLucyFan
Jul 18 2013, 11:35 AM
Bo's never been killed. it's always been Hope that has been thought to be dead. the only time Bo was thought to be dead was in 1984 when he was on the plane that crashed on the island.
I'd rather have Bo dead than have Bo & Hope split/divorced yet again! we've gotten to the point where, if both are alive then there's no point in a triangle, cause it's always gonna end up the same. besides which, Hope would never move on with someone else if she & Bo split up again. Hope never hooked up with Franco, & she couldn't even let herself have romantic feelings for Justin. Yes, she slept with Patrick, but her giving into that temptation was the result of a whole bunch of big lies and an altered email. Hope admitted that she wouldn't have slept with Patrick if she had gotten the email as Bo had intended. Even still though, Hope didn't love Patrick & didn't really have serious romantic feelings for him. she just enjoyed having him as a support for her.

a one-sided breakup would be such a cop-out, imo. it would make much more sense to set up something like Bo coming home and then his plane disappearing and reports coming through saying that it's thought the plane crashed.
What I've been saying ever since we learned Reckell was leaving last October. The only storyline Bo and Hope have never faced is the other half of them being killed off. Hope has never been in the position Bo was to move on fully and completely as he was in his relationship with Carly and then Billie. Its easy to fan wank Steve and Kayla's divorce. Bo and Hope have been down that road time and again. If Reckell's not coming back any time soon, whether by fault of show's politics or Reckell's ego, they need something fresh for Hope. So, kill him. Have him grieve, and then meet someone new, like this casting call.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I bet he is for Hope. His young son will probably go to school with Ciara.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Jul 18 2013, 10:28 AM
They want a 50 year old AND he can be any ethnicity? MIND BLOWN!
He'll probably still be Caucasian, but at least this is some form of progress!

Is this a new guy for Nicole, Hope, Kristen? or a New business partner for Brady, EJ, Victor?

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jul 18 2013, 01:08 PM
Bright Eyes
Jul 18 2013, 10:28 AM
They want a 50 year old AND he can be any ethnicity? MIND BLOWN!
He'll probably still be Caucasian, but at least this is some form of progress!

Is this a new guy for Nicole, Hope, Kristen? or a New business partner for Brady, EJ, Victor?
of those 3, i'd say he's probably a new guy for Hope. He could also be a new partner for Victor.
i agree that he will likely be Caucasian, but it's nice to see that TPTB are open to any ethnicity. maybe they'll surprise us & decide to go with someone who's not Caucasian, or at the least has a very exotic look to them.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

If they wanted a new guy for Hope, why couldn't it have been Vargas? I liked Sean Douglas and thought that he and KA had good chemistry in their scenes. Anyway, I hope they pick a good actor for the role. Maybe he is playing Ben's father? "Ben" is the midwestern singer they were casting a while back, I think.

camera shy

I wonder how young his son is going to be? And there is a mystery to their past? Like adopting a child on the black market?

Marlene

camera shy
Jul 18 2013, 02:31 PM
I wonder how young his son is going to be? And there is a mystery to their past? Like adopting a child on the black market?

Hmm. Young son...Your black market comment has me thinking the young son could be Nicole's.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply