Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: DAYS Casting New Role
Topic Started: Jul 18 2013, 10:14 AM (7,663 Views)
The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jul 19 2013, 02:08 PM
i think MacGyver might be a touch surprised to see Deborah alive after she fell off the cliff. ;)

Antonio Sabato Jr & Kristian would be hot!
LOL! That was the first time I saw KA. Man, that hair. Oh 80s, how we don't miss your hair, but miss your soaps.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Matt
Jul 19 2013, 02:13 PM
Didn't Richard Dean Anderson & Deidre Hall date at one time or am I just making that up in my head?
They did, for a couple of years, but apparently they ended friendly. She's spoken very kindly about him since.

It would just be awesome for me personally, because MacGyver was my first crush ever.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

The Room Stops
Jul 19 2013, 02:48 PM
Supergirlx2
Jul 19 2013, 02:08 PM
i think MacGyver might be a touch surprised to see Deborah alive after she fell off the cliff. ;)

Antonio Sabato Jr & Kristian would be hot!
LOL! That was the first time I saw KA. Man, that hair. Oh 80s, how we don't miss your hair, but miss your soaps.
we don't miss your shoulder pads either. ;)

Miselemeas

Ellie
Jul 18 2013, 10:41 AM
Laufeyson
Jul 18 2013, 10:33 AM
Ok, what's a name actor?
Basically what it sounds like... someone whose name we've heard, whether in soaps, TV or otherwise. Usually people stay within soaps, so for example it could be a leading actor from another soap who was let go or something. I think Mitch's guess is probably a good one - a name actor probably means ave interest for a name actress, ie, Deidre. (Or could be Kristian... but someone within that bracket.)
Too young for any of those women mentioned ,except Hope,believe she is around age 48. Slainte.

naptown
Member Avatar

How about Lorenzo Lamas? Didn't he and Kristian work together on Falcon Crest?

jwsel
Member Avatar

naptown
Jul 22 2013, 01:29 AM
God no. Lamas has become a parody of himself through his reality show appearances.

camera shy

jwsel
Jul 22 2013, 10:31 AM
naptown
God no. Lamas has become a parody of himself through his reality show appearances.
I saw him the other day on some show and he looks like hell.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

wtf is this man. more actors. how about they use the one that they "got rid of " for no reasons and start fixing the damage...*coughing* a name comes to mind... Drake.

King
Member Avatar

45-55 for Marlena is even pushing it. I mean I know Dee looks good but come on, 45? LOL.

King
Member Avatar

I really don't want a new love interest for Hope *OR* Marlena. It's weird enough seeing Jennifer with Daniel. GAG.

naptown
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jul 22 2013, 11:05 AM
jwsel
Jul 22 2013, 10:31 AM
naptown
I saw him the other day on some show and he looks like hell.
Yeah, that was a joke. :P He was a total parody of himself on the Joe Schmo Show with his European Man Pouch.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

King
Jul 22 2013, 12:55 PM
I really don't want a new love interest for Hope *OR* Marlena. It's weird enough seeing Jennifer with Daniel. GAG.
But the biggest annoyance with Jennifer was that the Daniel/Jack/Jennifer triangle started before Jack was even dead, and every now and then the show (inconsistently, as far as I can tell) tries to insist that she only ever was with Jack out of obligation. With Hope, there's no way that can happen, no other man has even been in her orbit for any real definition of "lately". With Jennifer there was residual resentment carried over from Jack's disappearance in Afghanistan, how Jennifer reacted to that, how Jack was being forced out seemingly to give Dannifer their happy ever after. The situation with Hope is totally different, and also Hope doesn't have this history of other men that have annoyed fans of her long-time pairing with Bo.

I miss Bo a lot and I'm really thankful that they haven't rushed Hope into a new pairing. Still, in the future I think, if PR can't come back, that it's okay if she moves on. Slowly.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Supergirlx2
Jul 18 2013, 10:14 AM
SoapDigest: DAYS Casting New Role http://t.co/XhApQlWs0h
https://twitter.com/soapdigest/status/357880609118486529
Quote:

DAYS Casting New Role
By SOD • Posted: Jul 18, 2013

The casting calls continue at DAYS. The show is seeking a daytime or prime-time "name actor only" to start shooting in mid-August for the contract role of Seth, who is described as a 45-55 gorgeous male. The specifics read: "All ethnicities. Seth is an outgoing, charismatic extremely handsome man. He is charming and funny but is also opinionated at times, He is very sure of himself which sometimes can be mistaken as arrogance…. The one real chink in his armor is his young son. He is fiercely protective of him. There is some mystery as to their past and he could very well have a darker to his personality when backed into a corner."
EJs real father? .. ha ha

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

tomsawyer
Jul 18 2013, 10:40 AM
Hmmm... Sounds like a guy for Hope to me, especially since this comes on the heals of talks with PR "breaking down." But if it is a guy for Hope, again, why not Vargas?
Ahhh.. and no EJ and Hope? Hope and Vargas work too ... :P
Edited by DayDreamer, Jul 22 2013, 02:25 PM.

fan57

Imo, Days needs to quit hiring more actors and use the ones that they have! Give them a storyline! Most of them have been faithful to Days for many decades! All this hiring makes me think, money is no option, their willing to pay whatever. So, bring back Brian, Drake and yes Peter, give them what they want.

naptown
Member Avatar

Hell at this point, since talks with PR have broken down again, I say they just recast Bo with Robert Kelker Kelly again. I also wouldn't mind seeing Rick Hearst or Ted King as this new character, or even a Bo recast. Contract issues aside, it's a huge disservice to the character of Bo not to address his absence.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

naptown
Jul 24 2013, 11:19 PM
Hell at this point, since talks with PR have broken down again, I say they just recast Bo with Robert Kelker Kelly again. I also wouldn't mind seeing Rick Hearst or Ted King as this new character, or even a Bo recast. Contract issues aside, it's a huge disservice to the character of Bo not to address his absence.
absolute huge NO to the return of RKK as Bo!!! i don't think i could really accept anyone else as Bo at this point, to be honest. i'd rather see Hope with someone other than Bo, than a Bo recast.

Kriss4

I don't want Robert Kelker-Kelly to come back. Too much history behind the scenes, and most of it not good.

camera shy

Why no mention of casting someone to play this character's son?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

Better be for Kristian Alfonso/Hope. If Bo can have three legitimate romances, why can't Hope have someone new? Bo isn't coming back. He's been gone almost a year.

Time to give Kristian Alfonso a chance to shine with someone else.
Edited by AFaithL, Jul 25 2013, 06:09 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply