Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: DAYS Casting New Role
Topic Started: Jul 18 2013, 10:14 AM (7,732 Views)
Kriss4

I want them to cast someone for Kayla, too. She's recurring, so maybe a recurring character...and if things really get going, maybe they'd put them on contract sometime.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jul 25 2013, 07:37 PM
I want them to cast someone for Kayla, too. She's recurring, so maybe a recurring character...and if things really get going, maybe they'd put them on contract sometime.

Or it could just be some hot Mike recast!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

They wouldn't even have to cast anyone for Kayla to give her a story. Her situation is ripe with opportunity. Do a story about how hard it is being a single mother and the chief of staff at the same time.

Show her trying to deal with difficult medical cases with patients who need her, a mother with alzhimers, her missing brother, employee drug problems, a PR person who causes loud scenes in the middle of the hospital and takes off on vacations whenever she feels like it, a doctor who molests his friggen patients, all while trying to find time for her son who needs her just as much.
Edited by TreasureCove, Jul 26 2013, 12:21 AM.

Kriss4

Well, she could be in a tight spot with this whole Sami situation if they'd think about it. Allegations of a cover-up, her being Sami's aunt. Kayla would never do anything like that, but just the suggestion could bring bad publicity, and she's Chief of Staff. She hired Jennifer with good intentions, but Jennifer's always gone...not doing her job, according to Ann, who would just LOVE to discredit Jennifer. Then you add in the rather suspect job her niece Theresa's doing, and how I'm SURE Theresa's gonna get in some trouble...and Kayla's position of Chief of Staff could be in jeopardy.

Bring in a doctor who WANTS that job, and gets it, pending an investigation, and Kayla's demoted to her former position of doctor...she can treat patients more again, and I wouldn't have to put up with Daniel as much. HEE!

Then, if she and this new doctor are nose to nose, in conflict all the time...that could be very interesting.
Edited by Kriss4, Jul 26 2013, 12:50 AM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Jul 25 2013, 08:13 PM
They wouldn't even have to cast anyone for Kayla to give her a story. Her situation is ripe with opportunity. Do a story about how hard it is being a single mother and the chief of staff at the same time.

Show her trying to deal with difficult medical cases with patients who need her, a mother with alzhimers, her missing brother, employee drug problems, a PR person who causes loud scenes in the middle of the hospital and takes off on vacations whenever she feels like it, a doctor who molests his friggen patients, all while trying to find time for her son who needs her just as much.
They wouldn't need to for story, but the character needs it for viability.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

TreasureCove

To show Kayla in a storyline dealing with her mother dealing with Alzheimer's they would actually have to show signs of Caroline having Alzheimer's. That has just been dropped like so many other stories.

I admit I have a weak spot, my father had Alzheimer's disease and died from illnesses related to it when he was only 58. I find it particularly offensive the way they just treated it as some minor illness that was wiped away with a quick one off treatment in California.

concerned
Member Avatar

TreasureCove

The other storylines.

her missing brother, employee drug problems, a PR person who causes loud scenes in the middle of the hospital and takes off on vacations whenever she feels like it, a doctor who molests his frigging patients, all while trying to find time for her son who needs her just as much.

I'm on board for all of them.
And perhaps we could cover them in some of the time used to pimp Dan as the greatest Dr Detective Lover ever and just skip over the next round of Dannifer break up.

concerned
Member Avatar

If that's not enough time to cover the Kayla stories properly I'm also prepared to give up some of the time spent on.

EJ gets Sami to shut up by having sex with her.
Brady proving yet again how drug addiction can affect your brain cells.
JJ and Theresa.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply