Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday July 19th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 19 2013, 08:25 AM (16,792 Views)
Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

BeeBee
Jul 21 2013, 12:18 AM
Supergirlx2
Jul 20 2013, 10:23 PM
Sweet and Salty
Jul 20 2013, 09:35 PM
BeeBee
Jul 20 2013, 05:24 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I've been wanting to ask about that! Why IS it that she almost always looks nice, even while the others look terrible (wardrobe-wise)? Does Kristian pick out her own wardrobe?
i know that she's worn her own clothes on the show before. for example, the super-pale pink shirt with the black sleeves, her Christmas 2012 outfit, the red dress Hope wore to Nick & Gabi's wedding - they're all pieces that Kristian bought while in Toronto doing her jewelry shows.
i think she's also quite hands-on when it comes to Hope's wardrobe. This vid's from 2007 (as evidenced by the hair cut), but i doubt much has changed since then:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5s_Q_F-MPE
Thanks for the information.I guess if you care enough about your character,you go the extra mile to keep as true to that character as possible including paying for your hair,make up,and clothing if you have an issue with what is provided by the show.It makes a huge difference to viewers allowing them to focus more on the character instead of sidetracked by awful hair,makeup,and clothing.
i don't think it's so much that Kristian went out & bought clothes to wear as Hope as it is that she had bought some clothes & thought they'd be nice to have Hope wear on the show. i wouldn't be surprised if she had had a chat with the wardrobe people before she wore any of those pieces on the show.
i think Kristian's hair always looks flawless because no one ever does anything crazy with it. there are never any braids or crazy up-dos. Hope's hair is either completely down, 1/2 up, or completely up in a sleek pony tail. when her hair is down, it's either straight, wavy, or curly. only for fancy occasions do you stand the chance of seeing something different. as a busy single parent raising an 8 year old (or there about) and working as a police detective, it makes sense for Hope to not fuss over her hair.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jul 20 2013, 10:38 PM
Supergirlx2
Jul 20 2013, 10:23 PM
Sweet and Salty
Jul 20 2013, 09:35 PM
BeeBee
Jul 20 2013, 05:24 AM

I've been wanting to ask about that! Why IS it that she almost always looks nice, even while the others look terrible (wardrobe-wise)? Does Kristian pick out her own wardrobe?
i know that she's worn her own clothes on the show before. for example, the super-pale pink shirt with the black sleeves, her Christmas 2012 outfit, the red dress Hope wore to Nick & Gabi's wedding - they're all pieces that Kristian bought while in Toronto doing her jewelry shows.
i think she's also quite hands-on when it comes to Hope's wardrobe. This vid's from 2007 (as evidenced by the hair cut), but i doubt much has changed since then:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5s_Q_F-MPE
NICE!! Are the others allowed and just choose not to?!
Deidre talked about it some years ago, I think Bloore was still in charge. She said that she's brought two, maybe three outfits and then she can choose. But things might have changed since then. She also made a snarky comment similar to how sometimes that means choosing between pest and kolera, but that they know her and know Marlena, whose look is (was?) very tailored, and usually bring in beautiful things.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jul 20 2013, 10:08 PM
JarlenaLante
Jul 20 2013, 12:08 PM
It is impossible for me to take EJ seriously as the DiMera heir apparent when just a short while ago he was giddy over stealing an aging cosmetic product from Kate. DiMeras and cosmetics are two things that should never go together. What's next, are we going to see a reappearance of the dreaded fishing hat? I miss the EJ Wells of the Black Glove who shot John. Now THAT guy was a DiMera.
WORD!!!!
Wait, why is this a problem? EJ didn't just steal a formula from Mad World. He was able to get his hands on something that gives him an advantage over his competition. If he was able to do it without paper trail, even better. Why does it matter that it's makeup? It's a lucrative business. That's being business savvy (illegitimately, of course). Companies try to do this all the time with a litany of goods. It's at least part of the reason many of them end up in court.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Jul 21 2013, 01:44 PM.

S loves EJ

JamaicanBeauty7
Jul 21 2013, 01:42 PM
Sweet and Salty
JarlenaLante
It is impossible for me to take EJ seriously as the DiMera heir apparent when just a short while ago he was giddy over stealing an aging cosmetic product from Kate. DiMeras and cosmetics are two things that should never go together. What's next, are we going to see a reappearance of the dreaded fishing hat? I miss the EJ Wells of the Black Glove who shot John. Now THAT guy was a DiMera.
WORD!!!!
Wait, why is this a problem? EJ didn't just steal a formula from Mad World. He was able to get his hands on something that gives him an advantage over his competition. If he was able to do it without paper trail, even better. Why does it matter that it's makeup? It's a lucrative business. That's being business savvy (illegitimately, of course). Companies try to do this all the time with a litany of goods. It's at least part of the reason many of them end up in court.

I can see how it is out of character for EJ to be interested in nailpolish and lipstick. Being a mob gangster and being in the cosmetica business is very far apart, even if EJ could still do illegal stuff like stealing the formula but he becomes a lighter version of a bad boy. I personally donīt mind though I love both EJ and Everett. At least I thought the episode where Sami thought EJ was gonna propose but it was an ad campaign was hilarious :blulaugh: , so as long as it is fun and Iīm enjoying it I donīt mind.

Anyway since EJ has taken over the Dimera enterprises he will be to busy with that to have time for the cosmetica business anymore and will probably leave it to Sami to run. EJ will also become more dark again according to Corday.
Edited by S loves EJ, Jul 21 2013, 02:38 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Sweet and Salty
JarlenaLante
WORD!!!!
Because it's lame.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 21 2013, 03:07 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Sweet and Salty
JarlenaLante
WORD!!!!
Because it's lame.
Not to me.

annie21

jodi783
Jul 19 2013, 07:28 PM
Rosebud
Jul 19 2013, 12:25 PM
Am I crazy to think that Daniel and Jennifer have no natural chemistry? They seem so choreographed and forced. Seriously, I avoid watching them so I'm not very familiar with their history, but their scenes today at the "beach" seemed very much lacking in any sexual chemistry whatsoever, and that was the entire point of the scenes. It was not there. I don't feel it at all. Not to compare them to my favorites, John and Marlena, but I can't help it. J&M could create sparks with one look. One touch. One look between them could send chills up my spine because you could feel the longing, the desperation, the angst. You would feel uncomfortable because it was so intense. These two actors do none of that. I mean, I'm sure they are trying. I can see the effort. It's not there and no matter what they do they can't conjure it up.
I disagree. I think the only person Daniel has chemstry with is Jennifer. I think Shawn and Missy are very natural and very real together. I used to be a Jack and Jennifer fan but now that I'm older, I just don't like the goofy, slap-stick, antics anymore. Nothing against Matt but besides the PTSD storyline I wasn't interested in watching his scenes. Time for Jennifer to have a grown up relationship.
I disagree with this take on Daniel and Jennifer -- for many of the same reasons others here have already so clearly and articulately noted. Imo, they are the opposite of "mature couple," they have no chemistry (other than maybe friend chemistry), etc., etc.

But it's interesting that this exact same pro-Dannifer sentiment -- almost verbatim -- is posted on the Days FB page anywhere from 15-20 times a day from a single poster. (To be clear, I'm not saying you're that person -- just noticing the almost identical wording and sentence construction.)

Anyway, thanks for sharing your opinion here. Since I just don't have the energy to deal with that Days page, it's nice to have the opportunity to disagree with this point of view when I have the chance! :)

lysie
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Jul 21 2013, 04:50 PM
lysie
JamaicanBeauty7
Sweet and Salty

Because it's lame.
Not to me.
I doubt either of our stances are surprising to anyone, but you did ask, lol.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
lysie
JamaicanBeauty7
Sweet and Salty

Because it's lame.
Not to me.
Not to me, either. I caught a glimpse of the old opportunistic EJ....he accidentally came into possession of the formula, took about a second and a half to think about it, and took it. Job well done!

mollymay

gailwinters
Jul 21 2013, 06:48 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
lysie
JamaicanBeauty7

Because it's lame.
Not to me.
Not to me, either. I caught a glimpse of the old opportunistic EJ....he accidentally came into possession of the formula, took about a second and a half to think about it, and took it. Job well done!

I liked it too!! I don't look at it as EJ getting excited about lipstick, but more about getting one over on Kate and a step ahead with CW!

camera shy

mollymay
Jul 21 2013, 06:59 PM
gailwinters
JamaicanBeauty7
lysie

Not to me.

I liked it too!! I don't look at it as EJ getting excited about lipstick, but more about getting one over on Kate and a step ahead with CW!
So basically Kate's product is a hell of a lot better than the product Ejami's putting out and they have to steal from her to be successful? I can believe it.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jul 21 2013, 07:14 PM
mollymay
gailwinters
JamaicanBeauty7

So basically Kate's product is a hell of a lot better than the product Ejami's putting out and they have to steal from her to be successful? I can believe it.
Well, there's a reason why both Kate and Sami wanted to hire Nick.

And the theft of the product was twofold: to make CW more successful than they already are, and to keep Kate from cashing in on it. Like JB said, it's corporate espionage, and it happens every day. The trick is to keep from getting caught.

Romancer66

annie21
Jul 21 2013, 06:07 PM
jodi783
Jul 19 2013, 07:28 PM
Rosebud
Jul 19 2013, 12:25 PM
Am I crazy to think that Daniel and Jennifer have no natural chemistry? They seem so choreographed and forced. Seriously, I avoid watching them so I'm not very familiar with their history, but their scenes today at the "beach" seemed very much lacking in any sexual chemistry whatsoever, and that was the entire point of the scenes. It was not there. I don't feel it at all. Not to compare them to my favorites, John and Marlena, but I can't help it. J&M could create sparks with one look. One touch. One look between them could send chills up my spine because you could feel the longing, the desperation, the angst. You would feel uncomfortable because it was so intense. These two actors do none of that. I mean, I'm sure they are trying. I can see the effort. It's not there and no matter what they do they can't conjure it up.
I disagree. I think the only person Daniel has chemstry with is Jennifer. I think Shawn and Missy are very natural and very real together. I used to be a Jack and Jennifer fan but now that I'm older, I just don't like the goofy, slap-stick, antics anymore. Nothing against Matt but besides the PTSD storyline I wasn't interested in watching his scenes. Time for Jennifer to have a grown up relationship.
I disagree with this take on Daniel and Jennifer -- for many of the same reasons others here have already so clearly and articulately noted. Imo, they are the opposite of "mature couple," they have no chemistry (other than maybe friend chemistry), etc., etc.

But it's interesting that this exact same pro-Dannifer sentiment -- almost verbatim -- is posted on the Days FB page anywhere from 15-20 times a day from a single poster. (To be clear, I'm not saying you're that person -- just noticing the almost identical wording and sentence construction.)

Anyway, thanks for sharing your opinion here. Since I just don't have the energy to deal with that Days page, it's nice to have the opportunity to disagree with this point of view when I have the chance! :)

If Jennifer wants "a grown-up relationship" post-Jack's death, she needs to keep looking because there is nothing "grown-up" (or mature or compelling, for that matter) about her interactions with Daniel. She even gushed to Hope that he makes her feel like "a teenager again." Unfortunately, she also acts like a teenager, and given her age and supposed level of life experience, it's not a pretty sight. The giggling, the fawning, the stalking Daniel over town, the cutesy displays of clumsiness as she trips over boxes/her own feet and knocks herself out trying to reach his side, her raving over things like his Scooby-Doo impressions (seriously?) all put this relationship on the level of a middle school infatuation. And then there are the mutual tantrums, the unreasonable ultimatums, the interminable cycle of make-ups and break-ups, Jennifer's jealous tirades against those "unsuitable" women like Nicole and Chloe, who might have a claim on Daniel's attention, Daniel's adolescent need to compete/win against every other male in Jennifer's life, even her own son. "Grown-up relationship"? Maybe on some Bizarro world, but not on the soap I've watched sporadically since I was about 11. Jack and Jennifer had their absurd, comedic moments, but they could also be serious, dedicated professionals working together or against each other in a demanding career they both loved. With Jack, Jennifer showed intelligence and spunk. With Daniel, she'a a simpering, ineffectual, incompetent bit of fluff. Which saddens me, because she used to be so much more.

lysie
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jul 21 2013, 07:29 PM
camera shy
mollymay
gailwinters

And the theft of the product was twofold: to make CW more successful than they already are, and to keep Kate from cashing in on it. Like JB said, it's corporate espionage, and it happens every day. The trick is to keep from getting caught.
I don't think anyone is questioning the reality of corporate espionage. EJ stealing from the competition isn't hard to buy at all. EJ being the head of a cosmetic company is.

concerned
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 21 2013, 08:06 PM
gailwinters
camera shy
mollymay

I don't think anyone is questioning the reality of corporate espionage. EJ stealing from the competition isn't hard to buy at all. EJ being the head of a cosmetic company is.
What was Brady's role at Mad World?

lysie
Member Avatar

concerned
Jul 21 2013, 08:09 PM
lysie
Jul 21 2013, 08:06 PM
gailwinters
camera shy

What was Brady's role at Mad World?
I don't remember, but I can buy Brady as the head of a cosmetic company, lol.

Kriss4

What I don't like is the way they portray Maggie. Hello? Daniel is 40 something years old. He's not a teenager. Nor is he in his twenties and getting into his first real, serious relationship. If he was in his teens or his early 20s and headed for a fall, I could see the motherly involvement more...but he's been MARRIED. He's not inexperienced in the ups and downs of relationships. He doesn't need his mother overseeing his love life!!

She is WAY, WAY, WAY too involved in her son's personal life. It's annoying as hell. She can offer her advice, once. She can say what she thinks, once.

Then she needs to back off and let Daniel deal with his own personal life, and STOP showing up at Jennifer's door begging her to see things the way Maggie does.

It's ridiculous, honestly.

Say what you think. Give your opinion. Once. Then, move on and let your son make his own decisions.

Note: Adrienne, her son's a little younger and I can understand her concerns, but she's gone too far also. Geez, they're giving Kate a run for her money lately in the interfering mother department. All the moms do some interfering. It's to be expected...and sometimes it IS necessary....but let's not be so damn obnoxious about it!

Edited by Kriss4, Jul 21 2013, 09:11 PM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

camera shy
mollymay
gailwinters
JamaicanBeauty7

What kind of woman who wears sophisticated, high-end expensive make-up would buy a bottle of nail polish that comes with a gaudy fake-ass costume ring? You know who gets excited about shit like that? Little kids who are going to use it when they play their pretty pretty princess game:

Posted Image

Posted Image

They actually want EJ to be taken seriously as a dangerous Godfather, yet they have him laying on the floor squeeling over what to name tubes of lipstick. :wtf: :stars: His most recent opponent was Nick Fallon, who wasn't even a tiny bit afraid :scared: to get right up in his face to threaten him in front of other people. He had EJ by the balls and EJ was helpless against him. He needed his daddy to help him.

The last bad thing he did? The goof got excited about stealing recipes for this crap:

Posted Image

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Brady's role in Mad World was basically this: As CEO of Titan he bought Madison James's Mad World Cosmetics. As far as I know, Titan still owns Mad World.

To clarify my take on the DiMera cosmetics stuff, yes I can see EJ engaging in corporate espionage and other shady business tactics. My main point was I believe the cosmetic industry is too frilly or foo-foo for the DiMera family. The head of this family is known for brainwashing people and faking deaths. It would be a better fit if EJ was involved in, say, the shipping business, import/export, or I could even see him owning a winery or vineyard. Or he could buy up some famous Irish distilleries to get in the good books of the Brady family. I just don't think the DiMera family and cosmetic industry are compatible.

lysie
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Jul 21 2013, 08:46 PM
Brady's role in Mad World was basically this: As CEO of Titan he bought Madison James's Mad World Cosmetics. As far as I know, Titan still owns Mad World.

To clarify my take on the DiMera cosmetics stuff, yes I can see EJ engaging in corporate espionage and other shady business tactics. My main point was I believe the cosmetic industry is too frilly or foo-foo for the DiMera family. The head of this family is known for brainwashing people and faking deaths. It would be a better fit if EJ was involved in, say, the shipping business, import/export, or I could even see him owning a winery or vineyard. Or he could buy up some famous Irish distilleries to get in the good books of the Brady family. I just don't think the DiMera family and cosmetic industry are compatible.
Brady did some work with Madison on the line, too. I find that absolutely bizarre. EJ and Brady basically had the same roles in these cosmetic companies, and while I have an easier time buying it from Brady, I think it's ridiculous that they're both involved in those particular aspects of the company.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply