Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday July 19th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 19 2013, 08:25 AM (16,708 Views)
JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

TreasureCove, I am literally LMAO over your latest post! Unfortunately you are reminding me of a current romance on GH that shall remain nameless (hint: he's a doctor, she's a nurse).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

TreasureCove
Jul 21 2013, 08:30 PM
What kind of woman who wears sophisticated, high-end expensive make-up would buy a bottle of nail polish that comes with a gaudy fake-ass costume ring? You know who gets excited about shit like that? Little kids who are going to use it when they play their pretty pretty princess game:

(Cropped for space)
Your post is made of the awesomenest awesome that ever dared to be awesome.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 21 2013, 08:06 PM
gailwinters
Jul 21 2013, 07:29 PM
camera shy
Jul 21 2013, 07:14 PM
mollymay
Jul 21 2013, 06:59 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
So basically Kate's product is a hell of a lot better than the product Ejami's putting out and they have to steal from her to be successful? I can believe it.
Well, there's a reason why both Kate and Sami wanted to hire Nick.

And the theft of the product was twofold: to make CW more successful than they already are, and to keep Kate from cashing in on it. Like JB said, it's corporate espionage, and it happens every day. The trick is to keep from getting caught.
I don't think anyone is questioning the reality of corporate espionage. EJ stealing from the competition isn't hard to buy at all. EJ being the head of a cosmetic company is.
I guess my problem is that I don't find it hard to buy EJ as the head of this particular cosmetics company. Stefano is the one who put CW under DiMera control and EJ took over as head in order to have an "in" with Sami. I think it's obvious that if she hasn't been involved with CW, neither would EJ. And once EJ was involved, his competitive instincts kicked in to make the company successful. It wasn't my favorite EJ story, but i bought it as something EJ would do.

lysie
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jul 21 2013, 09:28 PM
lysie
gailwinters
camera shy

And the theft of the product was twofold: to make CW more successful than they already are, and to keep Kate from cashing in on it. Like JB said, it's corporate espionage, and it happens every day. The trick is to keep from getting caught.
I don't think anyone is questioning the reality of corporate espionage. EJ stealing from the competition isn't hard to buy at all. EJ being the head of a cosmetic company is.
I guess my problem is that I don't find it hard to buy EJ as the head of this particular cosmetics company. Stefano is the one who put CW under DiMera control and EJ took over as head in order to have an "in" with Sami. I think it's obvious that if she hasn't been involved with CW, neither would EJ. And once EJ was involved, his competitive instincts kicked in to make the company successful. It wasn't my favorite EJ story, but i bought it as something EJ would do.

So let's go back a bit. I also struggle to see Stefano ever being the head of it.

mollymay

lysie
Jul 21 2013, 09:40 PM
gailwinters
lysie
gailwinters

So let's go back a bit. I also struggle to see Stefano ever being the head of it.
Business at that level is business, it doesn't matter whether its cosmetics, craft supplies, groceries, chemicals or stocks. The most sought after CEO in the world is the head of Michael's Arts & Crafts...and I guarantee you he can't needlepoint to save his life, but he...just like EJ & Stefano can make money!!

lysie
Member Avatar

mollymay
Jul 21 2013, 09:51 PM
lysie
gailwinters
lysie

Business at that level is business, it doesn't matter whether its cosmetics, craft supplies, groceries, chemicals or stocks. The most sought after CEO in the world is the head of Michael's Arts & Crafts...and I guarantee you he can't needlepoint to save his life, but he...just like EJ & Stefano can make money!!
And if that's all the two of them were doing, that would be fine. But instead, EJ is all up in the middle of it. The way they're playing it, it's not just business. I wasn't crazy about John running Basic Black either, but I don't remember him sitting around designing dresses. And if he did, I'd be saying the same thing. Victor owns Mad World, and he's not naming lipsticks.

Sweet and Salty

gailwinters
lysie
gailwinters
camera shy

I do have to say its (IMO) better than stealing a relish recipe. ^o)

Rosebud
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 21 2013, 10:27 PM
mollymay
lysie
gailwinters

And if that's all the two of them were doing, that would be fine. But instead, EJ is all up in the middle of it. The way they're playing it, it's not just business. I wasn't crazy about John running Basic Black either, but I don't remember him sitting around designing dresses. And if he did, I'd be saying the same thing. Victor owns Mad World, and he's not naming lipsticks.
I hate John running Basic Black. (Was that a Dena Higley idea?) The only time I was okay with it when he was using it as a cover for an ISA operation.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

EJ as the head of CW didn't bother me when he was doing it to land Sami. That made sense to me that he'd feign excitement about lipstick so he could spend time with her. But once he got the girl and still got excited about nail polish, then it was lame. I do like the corporate espionage angle though.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Jul 21 2013, 10:37 PM
lysie
Jul 21 2013, 10:27 PM
mollymay
lysie

I hate John running Basic Black. (Was that a Dena Higley idea?) The only time I was okay with it when he was using it as a cover for an ISA operation.
True, but John was completely up-front about how he knew nothing about fashion and he left the actual fashion business to Kate. He even told Shane that he selected a cover that made it believable that he was a "hands-off boss."

That's the major difference between EJ actually being involved in cosmetics.

And the less said about Sami running a cosmetics company the better. Besides her utter lack of qualifications, the show has done nothing to make her believable in a professional setting. Her wardrobe alone would send buyers fleeing.

LuLu2102

lysie
Jul 19 2013, 02:48 PM
For the love of Pete, Dannifer. This is torture. Why are we still having this conversation?
Seriously. I don't like Jennifer with Daniel at all. I can only stomach her outside of this relationship. I don't care for Daniel, except when there's a brief respite from everyone kissing his ass. But even I am kind of siding with Daniel in this episode. Jennifer needs to make up her mind one way or the other and stick with it for more than half of an episode. I really don't understand what the writers are going for here at all.

Romancer66

LuLu2102
Jul 23 2013, 02:31 PM
lysie
Jul 19 2013, 02:48 PM
For the love of Pete, Dannifer. This is torture. Why are we still having this conversation?
Seriously. I don't like Jennifer with Daniel at all. I can only stomach her outside of this relationship. I don't care for Daniel, except when there's a brief respite from everyone kissing his ass. But even I am kind of siding with Daniel in this episode. Jennifer needs to make up her mind one way or the other and stick with it for more than half of an episode. I really don't understand what the writers are going for here at all.
I suspect Jen-Jen's being portrayed as a flake who wants to have it both ways is intended to make viewers sympathize with Daniel when he finally hops in the sack with someone else. Because in Daniel's world, he's never at fault. He's always the victim, martyr, and wronged party. If he beds Theresa or some other woman in the near future, he can pin the blame on Jennifer for "shutting him out" and putting JJ before him. My opinion is that Jennifer needs to get her head out of Daniel's ass and really commit to seeing JJ through this crisis, or she needs to admit that she's a lousy mom who'd rather revisit her teen dating years than parent her troubled son. Right now, she's kind of failing at everything, including being interesting.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply