Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday July 19th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 19 2013, 08:25 AM (16,781 Views)
JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jul 19 2013, 12:27 PM
Why does everyone think that Stefano is going to hurt his grandkids? I know there has been some off the wall writing for his character over the last decade or so, but I'm pretty sure his love of his grandkids hasn't changed. So he wouldn't harm them.
He probably doesn't care about Allie or Will, though.

In fact, I think that during the Fake Rafe fiasco Stefano and E.J. were prepared to kidnap Allie and do god-knows-what with her.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Jul 19 2013, 12:25 PM
Am I crazy to think that Daniel and Jennifer have no natural chemistry? They seem so choreographed and forced. Seriously, I avoid watching them so I'm not very familiar with their history, but their scenes today at the "beach" seemed very much lacking in any sexual chemistry whatsoever, and that was the entire point of the scenes. It was not there. I don't feel it at all. Not to compare them to my favorites, John and Marlena, but I can't help it. J&M could create sparks with one look. One touch. One look between them could send chills up my spine because you could feel the longing, the desperation, the angst. You would feel uncomfortable because it was so intense. These two actors do none of that. I mean, I'm sure they are trying. I can see the effort. It's not there and no matter what they do they can't conjure it up.
This is such a beautiful post. Substitute Daniel and Jennifer for almost anyone, too, and it counts. For me, at least. One of the most sexually charged scenes in Daytime history had no touching. When John's leaving Salem and Marlena tries to convince him not to go.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Marlena's laying on the guilt on Sami. Well deserved. Because yes, no matter what the answer is, you look stupid for marrying him with small children under his roof.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Ha! Kristen you sick freak. Having a fantasy about a little school boy being her son Brady Black Jr.? Really? Like you used to want to have a baby John Jr. With Brady's father? Who you dreamed would be Brady's little brother? :ermmmm:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jul 19 2013, 12:28 PM
Oh, I kinda liked that fakeout with the kid and Kristen. It was dramatic.
I liked it too. I don't think it'd be the best thing for drama and story, but I always get the strange feeling that she probably would make a good mom. I don't know why. She just gels with kids and seems to melt. I love it when she interacts with Ciara.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Wow, that nurse is as tall as EJ.

And she favors Sandra Bullock

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Jenn's back at work in her FABULOUS dress! Nice continuity! And an impending JJ/Daniel showdown? YES PLEASE!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Panda Panda
Jul 19 2013, 12:32 PM
Wow, that nurse is as tall as EJ.

And she favors Sandra Bullock
Isn't that the mom from the Cheerios commercial? I know she recurs on the show as a nurse.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Oh my, God, Daniel is such a douche. I literally loathe the character. He's being smug and bratty to the woman he supposedly loves's troubled teenage son.

#teamJJforever

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

"Really? You NEVER want that." - Marlena to Sami when Sami says she just wants the day to be about Eric

Leave it to Marlena to get REALLY REAL.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Why does everyone think that Stefano is going to hurt his grandkids? I know there has been some off the wall writing for his character over the last decade or so, but I'm pretty sure his love of his grandkids hasn't changed. So he wouldn't harm them.
I don't think that's what Marlena thinks'll happen. She thinks people going after Stefano/EJ will hurt Stefano's grandkids and EJ's kids to do so. Which is basically just logic thinking.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I still think Kristen's dress is wildly inappropriate for both a church and a school.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Oh my god, the show characterizing Ejami as two overly confident, power-hungry people is beyond awesome. It's like they finally understand how to write Ejami properly, LOL.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Again I have to rave about the improved lighting direction on this show. I love that they're showing natural light coming through the windows of the classroom.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Jul 19 2013, 12:31 PM
Honeybees
I liked it too. I don't think it'd be the best thing for drama and story, but I always get the strange feeling that she probably would make a good mom. I don't know why. She just gels with kids and seems to melt. I love it when she interacts with Ciara.
That's the same for Nicole too. She and Kristen have made horrible messes of their lives and turned a ton of people against them with their scheming, but the one thing they would be absolutely great at (and the one thing they can't seem to have) is being a mother. They both adore kids and would do anything *coughfakepregnancycough* to have and raise one.

It sucks for them but that's the way it goes.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Jul 19 2013, 12:31 PM
Honeybees
Honestly, if a mysterious ten year old that looked like Kristen showed up and turned out to be her biological kid, that would be amazing. If the gemini twins happened, they could make that happen.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Jul 19 2013, 12:34 PM
"Really? You NEVER want that." - Marlena to Sami when Sami says she just wants the day to be about Eric

Leave it to Marlena to get REALLY REAL.
Leave it to Marlena to point out the obvious, but rarely spoken.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Jul 19 2013, 12:34 PM
Panda Panda
I don't think that's what Marlena thinks'll happen. She thinks people going after Stefano/EJ will hurt Stefano's grandkids and EJ's kids to do so. Which is basically just logic thinking.
That too. I don't think he'd PHYSICALLY hurt Johnny or Sydney, but destroying the lives of their parents would probably do no small amount of damage to them.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

LonePirate
Jul 19 2013, 12:35 PM
I still think Kristen's dress is wildly inappropriate for both a church and a school.
I'm REALLY glad that I'm not the only one who's thinking that. lol

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jul 19 2013, 12:35 PM
But at least she has on an entire outfit. I'm still waiting for one of the priests to ask Nicole where her pants are.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply