Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Chandler Massey Interviews; Massey "won't be upset" if DAYS recasts Will
Topic Started: Jul 18 2013, 07:52 PM (1,150 Views)
LovingDays

http://greginhollywood.com/chandler-massey-on-the-future-of-will-horton-his-college-plans-and-that-tight-gree-shirt-87656
Edited by Ellie, Jul 18 2013, 11:55 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LovingDays

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/chandler-massey-hopes-his-gay-character-days-our-lives-will-live-even-though-hes-leaving-sho
Edited by Ellie, Jul 18 2013, 11:56 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

Victor and Maggie are going to be pissed.

am103
Member Avatar

I do agree that Wilson is probably the best written couple on the show presently.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

am103
Jul 18 2013, 10:35 PM
I do agree that Wilson is probably the best written couple on the show presently.
I agree also.

JoeBucs32

How do they expect to keep WilSon alive without a recast? The same way they are keeping Bope alive???

michr544125

JoeBucs32
Jul 18 2013, 10:59 PM
How do they expect to keep WilSon alive without a recast? The same way they are keeping Bope alive???
I agree.

I know Chandler means well and he's showing a lot of respect to Wilson and the character of Will. I think he's in a no win situation with what he says about what should happen with Wilson. But there is no way to keep Sonny visible in salem without splitting up Wilson some how, unless they recast Will. It would be pointless to not split them up and keep Sonny because Sonny would just have no story. He's not legacy enough like Hope to give him other things to do. It seems pretty final that Chandler is out. For him to only be available on and off isn't the answer because again that handicaps Sonny. I really think Days needs to reconsider and recast Will. Chandler has been incredible during his stint and deserves all of the accolades he got. But Chandler is right. This story is too important to not continue. If a recast doesn't work there is always that option of brining Chandler back later. Or we find out that one of them really wasn't Will.

If not a recast, I think they need to either have us think Will is dead or split up Wilson. Both leave the door open for Will to return one day, either in the form of a recast or with Chandler playing the role.
Edited by michr544125, Jul 18 2013, 11:25 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

JoeBucs32
The bope solution sucks.

I'll be extremely disappointed if they go down that path again.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

michr544125
Jul 18 2013, 11:19 PM
JoeBucs32
I agree.

I know Chandler means well and he's showing a lot of respect to Wilson and the character of Will. I think he's in a no win situation with what he says about what should happen with Wilson. But there is no way to keep Sonny visible in salem without splitting up Wilson some how, unless they recast Will. It would be pointless to not split them up and keep Sonny because Sonny would just have no story. He's not legacy enough like Hope to give him other things to do. It seems pretty final that Chandler is out. For him to only be available on and off isn't the answer because again that handicaps Sonny. I really think Days needs to reconsider and recast Will. Chandler has been incredible during his stint and deserves all of the accolades he got. But Chandler is right. This story is too important to not continue. If a recast doesn't work there is always that option of brining Chandler back later. Or we find out that one of them really wasn't Will.

If not a recast, I think they need to either have us think Will is dead or split up Wilson. Both leave the door open for Will to return one day, either in the form of a recast or with Chandler playing the role.
I agree with your suggestions.

krissy-k

If they don't recast Will before Freddie Smith's contract is up, Chandler sounds like he is willing to come back and give WilSon the happy ending their fans want them to have. I don't think that Will will leave to follow Gabi and the baby. They should go either presumed dead, jail, or maybe coma? I think the worst they could do would be have him just leave town like they did with Bo.

zyona

For me CM is Will, but since he is leaving and I agree it's not about the actor, it's about the character I hope they recast Will like GH did with Maxie, if CM comes back later on it will be great.

WillFan
Member Avatar

[Video] queerminded chats with Chandler Massey at Columbus Pride:
http://t.co/xJu9IsLjzK

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Massey "won't be upset" if DAYS recasts Will
by Dan J Kroll
Posted Saturday, July 20, 2013 12:08:42 AM

Posted Image

Chandler Massey's impending exit later this year has fans wondering what Days of our Lives has planned for his character, Will Horton. The two-time Emmy winner has now weighed in, saying he will support whatever decision the NBC soap makes.
With two-time Emmy winner Chandler Massey (Will Horton) expected to exit Days of our Lives later this year, there has been rampant speculation about how DAYS will handle the actor's departure. Will the character be written off? Will the role be recast. Will Will always be in the mysterious "other room?" All of the ideas have been floated by fans, but now Massey has weighed in with his thoughts on the matter.

"Whatever they decide to do, I'll support it," Massey told the Gay Star News. "The character is more important than the actor. He's a legacy character born on camera. I wouldn't be bitter at all if they go and recast."

Massey shocked fans in June when, during his post-Emmy acceptance speech in the press room, he announced that he would not be renewing his contract with the NBC soap when it expires later this year.

"It's been such a pleasure and a privilege working on DAYS," Massey said as he reflected on the three years he's spent on the NBC soap. "It has changed my life for the better. I came out to Los Angeles and enrolled in UCLA, and I think that after [my current contract] is up [in December], I want to go back to school. I want to graduate. I want to have a degree. I just want to keep looking forward."

Shortly after the surprise announcement, DAYS executive producer Ken Corday told Michael Fairman that, "The door will always be open here to Chandler. We are not going to recast Will, but I wish him well in the big pond."

Massey also expressed his desire for DAYS to keep Will and Sonny, the soap's wildly popular gay couple, together.

"I don't want Will and Sonny to break up. I want them to be together forever and go off and get married. If I'm in school and not able to get back and they decide to bring someone else to play Will, I won't be upset and bitter."

Chandler Massey assumed the role of Will Horton in February 2010. He has won back-to-back Outstanding Younger Actor trophies at the Daytime Emmys.

Soap Central

Edited by bellajewel, Jul 20 2013, 04:48 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

It would have been ridiculous if he'd said anything else. He's nowhere near the first Will and there's no reason he should be the last.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Classic
Jul 20 2013, 04:44 PM
Massey "won't be upset" if DAYS recasts Will
by Dan J Kroll
Posted Saturday, July 20, 2013 12:08:42 AM

Posted Image

Chandler Massey's impending exit later this year has fans wondering what Days of our Lives has planned for his character, Will Horton. The two-time Emmy winner has now weighed in, saying he will support whatever decision the NBC soap makes.
With two-time Emmy winner Chandler Massey (Will Horton) expected to exit Days of our Lives later this year, there has been rampant speculation about how DAYS will handle the actor's departure. Will the character be written off? Will the role be recast. Will Will always be in the mysterious "other room?" All of the ideas have been floated by fans, but now Massey has weighed in with his thoughts on the matter.

"Whatever they decide to do, I'll support it," Massey told the Gay Star News. "The character is more important than the actor. He's a legacy character born on camera. I wouldn't be bitter at all if they go and recast."

Massey shocked fans in June when, during his post-Emmy acceptance speech in the press room, he announced that he would not be renewing his contract with the NBC soap when it expires later this year.

"It's been such a pleasure and a privilege working on DAYS," Massey said as he reflected on the three years he's spent on the NBC soap. "It has changed my life for the better. I came out to Los Angeles and enrolled in UCLA, and I think that after [my current contract] is up [in December], I want to go back to school. I want to graduate. I want to have a degree. I just want to keep looking forward."

Shortly after the surprise announcement, DAYS executive producer Ken Corday told Michael Fairman that, "The door will always be open here to Chandler. We are not going to recast Will, but I wish him well in the big pond."

Massey also expressed his desire for DAYS to keep Will and Sonny, the soap's wildly popular gay couple, together.

"I don't want Will and Sonny to break up. I want them to be together forever and go off and get married. If I'm in school and not able to get back and they decide to bring someone else to play Will, I won't be upset and bitter."

Chandler Massey assumed the role of Will Horton in February 2010. He has won back-to-back Outstanding Younger Actor trophies at the Daytime Emmys.

Soap Central

If they do not recast Will then they will probably break Will and Sonny up and have Sonny move on to another love interest.

If Chandler would decide to return in a few years they could always have him fight to get Sonny back.

I am still hoping the show will work with him so he does not leave but not sure if he would be persuaded to stay.

dooldooldool

With the aggressive/creative filming techniques currently being used, his contract may end in December 2013, but Will could easily remain on screen until May 2014 sweeps.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

They need to call Drew Garrett.

Posted Image
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, Jul 21 2013, 07:34 AM.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

naptown
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Jul 21 2013, 07:19 AM
They need to call Drew Garrett.

Posted Image
Good call on that one! If they're going to recast Will, Drew was my favorite actor who's played a grown-up Michael. I still like the red head that played the 11/12 year old Michael before they put him in a coma and SORAS'd him.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply