Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, July 22nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 22 2013, 07:13 AM (15,706 Views)
marie1969

Gosh Days is on fire. Another fantastic show today.

I am loving every delicious second of Ejami knowing they are going to be ripped apart very soon. It is amazing how in love and affectionate those two are. They literally can not keep their hands off each other. Oh those crazy kids. Sami telling her family how much she loves Ej will never get old for me. Roman/Marlena reluctantly giving their blessing to the union was very in character. I love seeing Ejami this happy even though we all know it will be short lived.

I like Bristen, but it is hard to get excited about their reunion knowing that it is all going to blow up in Kristen's face. We all know that sooner or later, that video will come back to haunt her. Still it will be fun to see Marlena's face when she realizes that Bristen have reconciled. Even better will be Nicole's face when she realizes that she was once again a rebound. Until Nicole learns to keep her legs closed, that is all she will be for the men in her life.

Speaking of Nicole, she was a hot mess today with her hooker dress and her fucked up hairstyle. I did not mind Ej/Nicole interactions, but Nicole chose the most inappropriate time to make a scene. I thought she knew the event was about Eric, did that slip Nicole's mind?
I rather enjoyed Ej's snarky dismissive attitude toward Nicole, clearly showing his disdain toward her. He can see through her BS and he obviously still has very little respect for her. His comment about Nicole self destructing was on point so was the fact she always chases after men she can not have.

I felt bad for Sami at the end because her perfect life is about to come crashing down. But I am also excited about the story knowing that Ej is going to fight to the death to save his woman. Oh the angst! I am going to enjoy the bumpy ride though because we know the truth will come out sooner or later and Sami will be cleared and vindicated. At the end, we may even be rewarded by an ejami wedding.

Adrienne is such hateful selfish bitch with her Sami obsession. I hope she loses both Sony and her husband and she ends up alone and miserable. I wish Ej would go after her and teach her a lesson, but I doubt he will do that because of Sony and Justin. I can not wait for the truth comes out and Adrienne will be forced to eat some humble pie, knowing that she was so blinded by her prejudice against Sami that she separated an innocent mother from her three small children. Adrienne is not doing this to protect Sony, she is doing to hurt Sami because she hates her. Too bad it will cost her her precious family.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

concerned
Jul 22 2013, 05:18 PM
tomsawyer
Jul 22 2013, 05:09 PM
TreasureCove
Jul 22 2013, 04:39 PM
six
Jul 22 2013, 04:24 PM
The script and all the acting was on point, well except Nicole's lines with EJ. She simply must stop going into victim-mode every time she sees EJ, especially since she's done more to him than he has to her.

The opposite is true there. Nicole gave EJ Sydney when Sami tried to hide her. Nicole gave him the leverage he needed to get custody of his children when he lost them after Rafe2. She worked her ass off to win him the election, even going toe-to-toe with Stefano when he tried to prevent EJ from winning. She gave him love and loyalty.

EJ is the one who treated her like shit with Taylor, and the one who chased after the child instead of honering his promise to prove to Nicole once and for all that she could trust him.
I like Nicole a lot, but this is such a one-sided rendition of her relationship with EJ. She hid that she miscarried his child. She lied to him about the maternity of his daughter. She let him grieve for the dead child that wasn't even his. She planned to leave the country with his daughter without telling him that, in fact, he was Syd's father. EJ was plenty sucky to her too, no doubt about it, but Nicole gave him a lot of things besides love and loyalty.
She simply must stop going into victim-mode every time she sees EJ, especially since she's done more to him than he has to her.

As opposed to the balanced argument that started it.
Sorry to dredge this up, but since I got quoted, I'd like to point out that I don't think the argument was balanced at all. I know it can be hard to believe, but every swipe at one character's actions is not necessarily an endorsement of the character's rival's actions.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jul 22 2013, 08:27 PM
camera shy
Jul 22 2013, 01:41 PM
elci525
Jul 22 2013, 01:00 PM
Sami was BUGGING today like nothing else!!! And I am sure that was completely intentional - b/c ohmygoodness the satisfaction I got out of seeing her arrested!! When she was shushing Abe!!! And having that little-girl-smug-it's-my-world-complacent smile about being the center of attention!!!! I realize she is not lying about her motivations and what she saw before pulling the trigger on Bernardi. And perhaps I am supposed to root for her or be sympathetic towards her. But I am not!! So that last scene was everything!! ;)

As was Nicole rolling her eyes at something Sami said re: Eric. Awesome. And Ciara's idols are Sami and Kristen?? Oh boy....
Sami was lucky it was Abe and he's sympathetic to her because he's known her all her life and the daughter of two of best friends. But if this was the real world, that attitude of hers would have gotten her slamed to the ground and maybe even a couple of wacks. And speaking of wacks, Adrienne should have given Sonny one across the mouth. I really didn't like the way he spoke to his mother today.
Totally THIS!
I got great satisfaction out of seeing Abe arrest
:shrug: Sami.Its about time Sami went to Prison.
Sonny is tired of Adrianne being so controlling.
Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 22 2013, 11:11 PM.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Jul 22 2013, 12:29 PM
Kinda liking Victor and Nicole getting along even though it doesn't really make historical sense that he'd think she was the lesser of the two evils when it comes to Kristen.
I guess Victor was just trying to keep the
peace with Nichole for Maggie.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Sami spent an entire episode trying to steal the spotlight from Eric. Here's your Monkey's Paw, bitch.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
Jul 22 2013, 07:28 PM
I still love Ciara. A lot.
I hope this show lasts long enough for her to grow up. Little Ciara is awesome, but I need her to be 18 and to get a job as Kristen's assistant like immediately.
Edited by six, Jul 22 2013, 11:04 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

delete post

Edited by concerned, Jul 22 2013, 11:14 PM.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jul 22 2013, 06:51 PM
okay, nobody is as awesome as Ciara, :lol: :wub: not sure anyone should marry or try as many times as Sami though!
Erica Kane (AMC) and Nikki Newman (Y&R) have Sami beat, I believe. ;)

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

six
Jul 22 2013, 11:04 PM
throughthehourglass
Jul 22 2013, 07:28 PM
I still love Ciara. A lot.
I hope this show lasts long enough for her to grow up. Little Ciara is awesome, but I need her to be 18 and to get a job as Kristen's assistant like immediately.
that would be priceless, but right now, i can't imagine anyone else playing Ciara than Lauren Boles. she just has the most innocent face and the most perfect ways of delivering her lines. The child is a few months shy of 10 and has better acting ability than a whole bunch of the adults. Every time Ciara pops up we all fall head over heels over what she says, how she says it, or just the fact that she's so damn cute.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Deverauxfan
Jul 22 2013, 11:15 PM
blueskies
Jul 22 2013, 06:51 PM
okay, nobody is as awesome as Ciara, :lol: :wub: not sure anyone should marry or try as many times as Sami though!
Erica Kane (AMC) and Nikki Newman (Y&R) have Sami beat, I believe. ;)
Marriages? Yes. Weddings? It should be about the same. for now.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Granted I haven't been paying much attention lol, but I have a question. In this sex tape of Krsiten and Eric... it is clear that it's Kristen in the video??? Or was she wearing that dark wig while she was in bed with him so she could hide her identity?

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Tammy
Jul 22 2013, 11:20 PM
Granted I haven't been paying much attention lol, but I have a question. In this sex tape of Krsiten and Eric... it is clear that it's Kristen in the video??? Or was she wearing that dark wig while she was in bed with him so she could hide her identity?
Oh, she's seen in the video. No disguises are used. She had the video edited to show Eric being a willing participate that way Eric couldn't talk his way out of trouble with the Bishop.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

marie1969
Jul 22 2013, 10:27 PM
Until Nicole learns to keep her legs closed, that is all she will be for the men in her life.

Speaking of Nicole, she was a hot mess today with her hooker dress and her fucked up hairstyle. I did not mind Ej/Nicole interactions, but Nicole chose the most inappropriate time to make a scene. I thought she knew the event was about Eric, did that slip Nicole's mind?
I rather enjoyed Ej's snarky dismissive attitude toward Nicole, clearly showing his disdain toward her. He can see through her BS and he obviously still has very little respect for her. His comment about Nicole self destructing was on point so was the fact she always chases after men she can not have.

:shame: They say you hate in others what you see in yourself. I guess EJ sees a mirror of his own actions when he looks at Nicole, and he realizes just how pathetic and inadequate he is, since Nicole's actions make sense, while he just looks like a sad little man with a child-like fiancee who spreads her legs all over town like they were peanut butter and Salem is the bread.
Edited by TreasureCove, Jul 22 2013, 11:33 PM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Matt
Jul 22 2013, 10:55 PM
Sami spent an entire episode trying to steal the spotlight from Eric. Here's your Monkey's Paw, bitch.
I know, right? :laugh: Be careful what you wish for.

Kriss4

I got such a kick out of Ciara today! She's such a cross between sweet and mischief. There's a lot of potential there...and they've given her a unique personality now, as they're doing with Johnny and Theo, when we see him.

It's a good thing.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jul 22 2013, 11:25 PM
Tammy
Jul 22 2013, 11:20 PM
Oh, she's seen in the video. No disguises are used. She had the video edited to show Eric being a willing participate that way Eric couldn't talk his way out of trouble with the Bishop.
Then I so don't get her plan lol. No one would believe that Eric would willingly sleep with HER! lol

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm so behind on Days...I need to find Friday and Today's show on Youtube..They sound fantastic...

camera shy

TreasureCove
Jul 22 2013, 11:32 PM
marie1969
Until Nicole learns to keep her legs closed, that is all she will be for the men in her life.

:shame: They say you hate in others what you see in yourself. I guess EJ sees a mirror of his own actions when he looks at Nicole, and he realizes just how pathetic and inadequate he is, since Nicole's actions make sense, while he just looks like a sad little man with a child-like fiancee who spreads her legs all over town like they were peanut butter and Salem is the bread.
Well EJ certainly wasn't one of the men she couldn't have. Folks like to forget all the begging EJ did to Nicole to take him back. At one point he even starting crying when she refused to come back to him. And right before Ejami went on the run from the police because they thought he had murdered Stefano, EJ was moaning to Sami how he was supposed to spend the rest of his life with Nicole. And he was so dismissive of her that earlier that day he sincerely wanted to hear her opinion of the Stefano stuff. He didn't like the truth she told him so he thought he stir up trouble for her by getting into her business by telling Eric about her feelings for him. Jealous much? Eric even asked him why was he talking about Nicole when he was about to marry his sister. EJ sure has kept track of all the men Nicole's been involved with. I wish she had told him, "You left out Vargas". And Nicole's dress was too short, but she can pull short dresses off unlike Sami with her big, bulging thighs. You probably can hear her legs rubbing together when she walks. :D

S loves EJ

ladyofthelake
Jul 22 2013, 02:38 PM
My thoughts for today: (Before reading anyone else's):
I LOVED Ciara's "Can I have as many weddings as Sami?" Good shout-out and poking inward fun at Sami's multiple weddings.
Judi Evans did show the distress Adrienne probably felt very well. That prosecutor, however, was a little too bloodthirsty.
Still trying to decide about the whole Kristen/Brady thing. ED plays those emotions well, but the whole "check" thing was sort of a letdown. I was hoping that Sami would be arrested just as Kristen was going to show her sex tape.
DAMN, AZ and JS just play SO WELL against each other. Such a wasted opportunity. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is animosity chemistry tinged with some sexual overtones. (Hey, at least I think so). They can both give as well as they get. Although, Nicole still needs pants. I'm glad she didn't slip and fall down.
Hey, Ciara was chasing another kid. There were TWO kids there!
I am really enjoying Diedre Hall and Marlena sans John and Hogestyn. This is the Marlena I fell in love with decades ago.
Wouldn't Victor be Greek Orthodox? Oh, well. No biggie.
GV has such cute family banter methods. Actually, he and Sweeney weren't bad together. I could overlook her "breathiness", as long as she wasn't in scenes with Scott. But GV just played the excited, humble priest so well. He was just adorbs.

I actually think I saw sexuell chemistry between Ejole on monday´s show I really liked their snarks. If they are as good as they have been on thursday last week and this everytime I just might be able to ship them.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Jul 22 2013, 11:32 PM
marie1969

Nicole has screwed Daniel, would have screwed Rafe if he had been willing, tried to screw Vargas (some people think she actually did), screwed Brady, and dreamed about screwing Eric.

In the same time period Sami almost screwed Rafe twice and EJ once before their commitment talk.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply