Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, July 22nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 22 2013, 07:13 AM (16,294 Views)
gailwinters
Member Avatar

six
Jul 22 2013, 10:29 PM
concerned
Jul 22 2013, 05:18 PM
tomsawyer
Jul 22 2013, 05:09 PM
TreasureCove
Jul 22 2013, 04:39 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I like Nicole a lot, but this is such a one-sided rendition of her relationship with EJ. She hid that she miscarried his child. She lied to him about the maternity of his daughter. She let him grieve for the dead child that wasn't even his. She planned to leave the country with his daughter without telling him that, in fact, he was Syd's father. EJ was plenty sucky to her too, no doubt about it, but Nicole gave him a lot of things besides love and loyalty.
She simply must stop going into victim-mode every time she sees EJ, especially since she's done more to him than he has to her.

As opposed to the balanced argument that started it.
Sorry to dredge this up, but since I got quoted, I'd like to point out that I don't think the argument was balanced at all. I know it can be hard to believe, but every swipe at one character's actions is not necessarily an endorsement of the character's rival's actions.
THANK YOU! :hail

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

gailwinters
Jul 23 2013, 04:23 AM
TreasureCove
Jul 22 2013, 11:32 PM
marie1969
Jul 22 2013, 10:27 PM
Until Nicole learns to keep her legs closed, that is all she will be for the men in her life.

Speaking of Nicole, she was a hot mess today with her hooker dress and her fucked up hairstyle. I did not mind Ej/Nicole interactions, but Nicole chose the most inappropriate time to make a scene. I thought she knew the event was about Eric, did that slip Nicole's mind?
I rather enjoyed Ej's snarky dismissive attitude toward Nicole, clearly showing his disdain toward her. He can see through her BS and he obviously still has very little respect for her. His comment about Nicole self destructing was on point so was the fact she always chases after men she can not have.

:shame: They say you hate in others what you see in yourself. I guess EJ sees a mirror of his own actions when he looks at Nicole, and he realizes just how pathetic and inadequate he is, since Nicole's actions make sense, while he just looks like a sad little man with a child-like fiancee who spreads her legs all over town like they were peanut butter and Salem is the bread.
Nicole has screwed Daniel, would have screwed Rafe if he had been willing, tried to screw Vargas (some people think she actually did), screwed Brady, and dreamed about screwing Eric.

In the same time period Sami almost screwed Rafe twice and EJ once before their commitment talk.

I think you forgot abot Sami screwing Lucas also in that time period.

thepadange

ShaneDOOLFan
Jul 22 2013, 03:53 PM
Ellie
Jul 22 2013, 03:48 PM
I think the writing is missing an element here. Why did Kristen change her mind? Or did she actually lose the flash drive? I don't think it's made clear enough.
im a little confused as well. Im thinking she dropped the usb drive somewhere. either that or she couldnt find it and decided to put the reveal on hold.
I was quite sure Kristen changed her mind deliberately and not because she lost the usb key (even though I think she did ;) ). She was too happy and satisfied with herself and what she did and not a bit confused which would have been the case if she'd encountered a problem. And, secondly, she put her tablet into her purse at the DiMansion, so she could have found the way to show the video if she'd wanted.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jul 23 2013, 04:38 AM
gailwinters
TreasureCove
marie1969
Until Nicole learns to keep her legs closed, that is all she will be for the men in her life.

Speaking of Nicole, she was a hot mess today with her hooker dress and her fucked up hairstyle. I did not mind Ej/Nicole interactions, but Nicole chose the most inappropriate time to make a scene. I thought she knew the event was about Eric, did that slip Nicole's mind?
I rather enjoyed Ej's snarky dismissive attitude toward Nicole, clearly showing his disdain toward her. He can see through her BS and he obviously still has very little respect for her. His comment about Nicole self destructing was on point so was the fact she always chases after men she can not have.

:shame: They say you hate in others what you see in yourself. I guess EJ sees a mirror of his own actions when he looks at Nicole, and he realizes just how pathetic and inadequate he is, since Nicole's actions make sense, while he just looks like a sad little man with a child-like fiancee who spreads her legs all over town like they were peanut butter and Salem is the bread.
Nicole has screwed Daniel, would have screwed Rafe if he had been willing, tried to screw Vargas (some people think she actually did), screwed Brady, and dreamed about screwing Eric.

In the same time period Sami almost screwed Rafe twice and EJ once before their commitment talk.

You may be right.....I guess they were still together right before the CH. So count one actual screwing for Sami. :P
Edited by gailwinters, Jul 23 2013, 05:12 AM.

S loves EJ

gailwinters
Jul 23 2013, 05:11 AM
S loves EJ
gailwinters
TreasureCove

You may be right.....I guess they were still together right before the CH. So count one actual screwing for Sami. :P

Iīm not sure about what you mean by CH, but you said that Ejami slept once Before their committment talk, and the only time they slept together without committment was when the griefsex happend, so if you count from that time till now Sami and Nicole both slept with three men under the same period (Nicole almost 4 with Vargas), but they are both equally sluts.

Dee-anne

gailwinters
TreasureCove
marie1969

Well, she did not screw Rafe and she did not screw Vargas. And by the way, it was Vargas that put the moves on her and Nicole is the one that stopped it in the end. Nicole was free, single and was in no relationship with anyone at the time. So, she could fantasise about anyone she chose to, or be with anyone to chose to.

At least she wasn't flirting and lying to more than one man at at time, making them believe that she is interested while behind their backs she is kissing up on someone else, and willingly wanting to jump into bed with Rafe in one scene and not long after shown as willing to jump into bed with EJ, and all this happened, not long after haveing slept with Lucas and led him to believe she was interested, and then totally disregarded his feelings to run off with EJ.
Edited by Dee-anne, Jul 23 2013, 05:37 AM.

S loves EJ

I think Vargas count even if they didnīt sleep together since Nicole was ready to sleep with someone who was pratical a stranger. Rafe doesnīt count though since we never saw them as anything more than friends.

Dee-anne

S loves EJ
Jul 23 2013, 05:34 AM
I think Vargas count even if they didnīt sleep together since Nicole was ready to sleep with someone who was pratical a stranger. Rafe doesnīt count though since we never saw them as anything more than friends.
The fact is she did not sleep with him.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

At this point, I personally don't give a damn how many people they screw. Hey, if it gets their rocks off, go for it. Vargas was hot. I fully endorsed Nicole screwing him. :laugh: I have issues when they start using their hooha to get a guy's attention when he rather be with someone else. That's when I start side eyeing them. I love both characters so when either do it, I can't stand it. Both have done it in the past and I'm not afraid to call one of them out on when it happens. That's just me.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Jul 23 2013, 06:05 AM.

S loves EJ

Dee-anne
Jul 23 2013, 05:39 AM
S loves EJ
Jul 23 2013, 05:34 AM
The fact is she did not sleep with him.

Vargas doesnīt count if you gonna count how many Nicole slept with, but he counts as far as to prove Nicole being slutty.

michr544125

Loved this episode. Such a great all around episode with so many characters integrated together. They need more shows like this.

I am just loving seeing Adrienne part of a central story. I just hope it lasts a while. Adrienne vs. Sami is so good. Adrienne and Sami are actually both similar than they want to admit. They don't know how to mind their own business and always think what they are doing is best for their families. Adrienne to me is completely in the wrong. I get she wants to protect her son but Sonny is not a little kid. He is a grown man that lives his own life and on his own. I get the feeling Adrienne has jus lost her son and husband.

Freddie Smith has really turned into the best younger actor this show has had in such a long time. He has really kicked it into high gear. Then again, better writing always helps. His scenes with Judy are spot on.

I get Sonny's story is about Will but to me Will is the one on the outside now. They've really done a 180 where Sonny is being written like the main character. Makes me think the writers knew for a while that Chandler was leaving. I do wonder if Adrienne will be targeted as the wrong one but in the end may be right and both Will and Sami burn Sonny and it feeds into Will's exit.

At least Sami admits she hates when she's not the center of attention :lol: .

Sierra is adorable. Too funny her asking if when she grows up can she get married as many times as Sami :lol: .

Great ending with Sami being arrested.

S loves EJ

Dee-anne
Jul 23 2013, 05:29 AM
gailwinters
TreasureCove
marie1969

Well, she did not screw Rafe and she did not screw Vargas. And by the way, it was Vargas that put the moves on her and Nicole is the one that stopped it in the end. Nicole was free, single and was in no relationship with anyone at the time. So, she could fantasise about anyone she chose to, or be with anyone to chose to.

At least she wasn't flirting and lying to more than one man at at time, making them believe that she is interested while behind their backs she is kissing up on someone else, and willingly wanting to jump into bed with Rafe in one scene and not long after shown as willing to jump into bed with EJ, and all this happened, not long after haveing slept with Lucas and led him to believe she was interested, and then totally disregarded his feelings to run off with EJ.

I can see how that would make Sami look worse in the slutty apartment by being a cheater, still Nicole hurt EJ by trying to keep his child from him and she lied to Daniel about how her baby died.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jul 23 2013, 05:27 AM
gailwinters
S loves EJ
gailwinters

Iīm not sure about what you mean by CH, but you said that Ejami slept once Before their committment talk, and the only time they slept together without committment was when the griefsex happend, so if you count from that time till now Sami and Nicole both slept with three men under the same period (Nicole almost 4 with Vargas), but they are both equally sluts.
Actually, I said that Sami ALMOST had sex with Rafe twice and ALMOST had sex with EJ once before she and EJ got together. The time period I referenced started when Nicole screwed Daniel on his desk. Nicole: Daniel, would have done Rafe, tried to do Vargas, did Brady, dreamed about doing Eric. Same time period....Sami: did Lucas, almost did Rafe twice, almost did EJ, did EJ. I don't think either of them qualify as sluts. Sami has been in committed relationships with each of her three. Nicole has always wanted a loving committed relationship and she looks in the wrong places.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

michr544125
Jul 23 2013, 05:45 AM
Loved this episode. Such a great all around episode with so many characters integrated together. They need more shows like this.

I am just loving seeing Adrienne part of a central story. I just hope it lasts a while. Adrienne vs. Sami is so good. Adrienne and Sami are actually both similar than they want to admit. They don't know how to mind their own business and always think what they are doing is best for their families. Adrienne to me is completely in the wrong. I get she wants to protect her son but Sonny is not a little kid. He is a grown man that lives his own life and on his own. I get the feeling Adrienne has jus lost her son and husband.

Freddie Smith has really turned into the best younger actor this show has had in such a long time. He has really kicked it into high gear. Then again, better writing always helps. His scenes with Judy are spot on.

I get Sonny's story is about Will but to me Will is the one on the outside now. They've really done a 180 where Sonny is being written like the main character. Makes me think the writers knew for a while that Chandler was leaving. I do wonder if Adrienne will be targeted as the wrong one but in the end may be right and both Will and Sami burn Sonny and it feeds into Will's exit.

At least Sami admits she hates when she's not the center of attention :lol: .

Sierra is adorable. Too funny her asking if when she grows up can she get married as many times as Sami :lol: .

Great ending with Sami being arrested.
I agree about Freddie. Sonny has become one of my favorite characters on the show. Freddie is completely believable to me no matter who he is sharing scenes with. I'm really worried about how they will handle Will's exit because I don't want the Sonny story to be back burned.

I have a feeling that Adrienne will get a chance to redeem herself down the road. Judi is doing a wonderful job, although I don't agree with Adrienne's actions. I'm so happy that Judi and Wally have been given a story line, and not only that, one that actually has layers!
Edited by gailwinters, Jul 23 2013, 06:07 AM.

Dee-anne

gailwinters
Jul 23 2013, 05:59 AM
S loves EJ
gailwinters
S loves EJ

Actually, I said that Sami ALMOST had sex with Rafe twice and ALMOST had sex with EJ once before she and EJ got together. The time period I referenced started when Nicole screwed Daniel on his desk. Nicole: Daniel, would have done Rafe, tried to do Vargas, did Brady, dreamed about doing Eric. Same time period....Sami: did Lucas, almost did Rafe twice, almost did EJ, did EJ. I don't think either of them qualify as sluts. Sami has been in committed relationships with each of her three. Nicole has always wanted a loving committed relationship and she looks in the wrong places.

Sami cheated on Rafe with EJ, went back to Rafe and had sex with him, Rafe found out about EJ, and Sami moved onto Lucas and Slept with him, and while she was in a relationship with Lucas, she was exchanging spit with EJ.

Then she ran off with EJ, leaving Lucas behind, and then starting exchanging spit with EJ one day and then Rafe the next, and she was back and forth with the two of them until she decided she wanted to be with Rafe. Got interrupted when she was getting ready to have sex with Rafe after making that decision. Not long after she attends a wedding, had an arguement with Rafe and she decided then, that EJ is the love of her life, she always loved him, and as soon as she makes that decaration to EJ, she was eager to have sex with him, and took delight in rubbing it in Rafe's face afterwards that she was back wtih EJ, and how good the sex was with EJ .
Edited by Dee-anne, Jul 23 2013, 06:35 AM.

S loves EJ

gailwinters
Jul 23 2013, 05:59 AM
S loves EJ
gailwinters
S loves EJ

I did thought that your post didnīt make sense but I missed that you meant almost for EJ too. I liked both Sami and Nicole but sometimes they are both written to be to easy which are damaging for the characters, especially Sami who they write to be fickle even when in a relationship, yes she had relationships with both Rafe and Lucas but not committed ones.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Soooo, Victor was AWESOME yesterday. And the kid Ciara was chasing? Cute! Give him (her?) a contract pronto! I really liked Abe's tie.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Matt
Jul 22 2013, 10:55 PM
Sami spent an entire episode trying to steal the spotlight from Eric. Here's your Monkey's Paw, bitch.
ha! i hadn't thought about it that way before but you're totally right. Glad it's hers though and not ours ;)

Dee-anne

I loved all of Nicole's scenes with Eric, EJ and Victor.

Adrienne was great too. I am glad she decided to hand the tape in, it was the right thing to do, although her reasons for doing so was different.

I loved it when Abe came to arrest Sami, but I thought those scenes played out a little odd. From the moment Abe approached and ask to speak to Sami, she should have given him her full attention. Don't tell me that Eric's speech was so rivetting that she was oblivious to what was going on around her. Same with EJ, it's like both him and Sami was concentrating hard on not looking around. Not even when the lady raised her voice and said, to Abe that if he did not do it, she would get the officer who was in plain sight to do it(arrest her).

I am so disappointed in Brady.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jul 23 2013, 03:50 AM
ladyofthelake
Jul 22 2013, 02:38 PM
My thoughts for today: (Before reading anyone else's):
I LOVED Ciara's "Can I have as many weddings as Sami?" Good shout-out and poking inward fun at Sami's multiple weddings.
Judi Evans did show the distress Adrienne probably felt very well. That prosecutor, however, was a little too bloodthirsty.
Still trying to decide about the whole Kristen/Brady thing. ED plays those emotions well, but the whole "check" thing was sort of a letdown. I was hoping that Sami would be arrested just as Kristen was going to show her sex tape.
DAMN, AZ and JS just play SO WELL against each other. Such a wasted opportunity. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is animosity chemistry tinged with some sexual overtones. (Hey, at least I think so). They can both give as well as they get. Although, Nicole still needs pants. I'm glad she didn't slip and fall down.
Hey, Ciara was chasing another kid. There were TWO kids there!
I am really enjoying Diedre Hall and Marlena sans John and Hogestyn. This is the Marlena I fell in love with decades ago.
Wouldn't Victor be Greek Orthodox? Oh, well. No biggie.
GV has such cute family banter methods. Actually, he and Sweeney weren't bad together. I could overlook her "breathiness", as long as she wasn't in scenes with Scott. But GV just played the excited, humble priest so well. He was just adorbs.

I actually think I saw sexuell chemistry between Ejole on mondayīs show I really liked their snarks. If they are as good as they have been on thursday last week and this everytime I just might be able to ship them.
Nah, I saw no sexual chemistry between Nicole and EJ. Maybe because JS plays EJ indifference with Nicole in this scene. Sure there are chemistry between Nicole and EJ but it's never in your face like I see between EJ and Sami and this depends a lot on how JS plays EJ different with these two women, with Sami it has always been longing glances and in performance , EJ is all in when it comes to feelings of every kind, so to speak, when he is in Sami's presence, I do not see this in Nicole presence, and perhaps it is a conscious choice when it comes to acting from JS who knows :) This is my opinion and I'm sure there are others who might think otherwise.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply