Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, July 22nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 22 2013, 07:13 AM (16,068 Views)
gailwinters
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Jul 23 2013, 07:11 AM
I loved all of Nicole's scenes with Eric, EJ and Victor.

Adrienne was great too. I am glad she decided to hand the tape in, it was the right thing to do, although her reasons for doing so was different.

I loved it when Abe came to arrest Sami, but I thought those scenes played out a little odd. From the moment Abe approached and ask to speak to Sami, she should have given him her full attention. Don't tell me that Eric's speech was so rivetting that she was oblivious to what was going on around her. Same with EJ, it's like both him and Sami was concentrating hard on not looking around. Not even when the lady raised her voice and said, to Abe that if he did not do it, she would get the officer who was in plain sight to do it(arrest her).

I am so disappointed in Brady.
I think the set up and especially the editing on the final scene was poor. They obviously wanted it to play out slowly, but the focus should have shifted around more IMO. I expect it to play out a little bit differently today when the show starts.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jul 22 2013, 11:16 PM
six
Jul 22 2013, 11:04 PM
throughthehourglass
Jul 22 2013, 07:28 PM
I still love Ciara. A lot.
I hope this show lasts long enough for her to grow up. Little Ciara is awesome, but I need her to be 18 and to get a job as Kristen's assistant like immediately.
that would be priceless, but right now, i can't imagine anyone else playing Ciara than Lauren Boles. she just has the most innocent face and the most perfect ways of delivering her lines. The child is a few months shy of 10 and has better acting ability than a whole bunch of the adults. Every time Ciara pops up we all fall head over heels over what she says, how she says it, or just the fact that she's so damn cute.
She can come back as Sydney. Or even Allie. I'm ready for the character to reach her goals of taking after Sami and Kristen.

six
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Jul 23 2013, 05:41 AM
At this point, I personally don't give a damn how many people they screw. Hey, if it gets their rocks off, go for it. Vargas was hot. I fully endorsed Nicole screwing him. :laugh: I have issues when they start using their hooha to get a guy's attention when he rather be with someone else. That's when I start side eyeing them. I love both characters so when either do it, I can't stand it. Both have done it in the past and I'm not afraid to call one of them out on when it happens. That's just me.
I agree, except I don't have much of a problem with the bold, either. They're soap characters, and they'd might as well go ahead and work with what they've got. And if it causes a scandal, all the better. Some of the best characters of all time have opened their legs/zipper when other people would just open their wallets. I like them both too and am not going to pretend they're something they're not.

Angelsmile

Sevprince
Jul 22 2013, 03:52 PM
Finally, Adrienne turned that video. Loved her outfit and hair too. Now, I want her to lose her cool a bit and give verbal smock down to her son and husband without crying. Her son so needs one. :whack: I hope she doesn't take all the shit that will be coming her way.

I like the prosecutor.
I think that Adrienne's true motive is her hate for Sami and her wanting Sonny away from Will. If she were really worried about a miscarriage of justice I would be behind her, but that is not really the case. The fact of the matter is while watching her try to talk to Sonny at the beginning of the episode if I didn't know better I would think she didn't want Sonny to listen to her. The whole way she went about it and the way she was talking ensured that even if she got everything she wanted to say out Sonny would not have heard her. She claims she knows her son and he would never do something like this then she should be questioning why he did it instead of assuming he is some poor soul that has been tricked or manipulated. The fact of the matter is Sonny and Justin have told her where they stand right or wrong, she made the decision that bringing down Sami was more important than their thought and feelings. Right or wrong that was her choice and now she has to deal with their reactions. They will feel betrayed and will have every right to since she took steps that will affect them without knowing the full story.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Ciara's Kristen fangirling is hilarious!

deletemyaccountplease

Ej was not indifferent towards nicole, he was putting on his game face or whatever you want to call it, so he could hurt nicole, and he got off on it.

He also bent down to get in her face, the body language between them has always been great.

Angelsmile

Panda Panda
Jul 22 2013, 04:24 PM
lysie
Jul 22 2013, 04:21 PM
Adrienne's logic is a bit beyond me.
It's John redux. "This person's going to hurt you, so I'm going to hurt you before they can"

But Adrienne actually may have made it worse. She implemented Sonny in Sami's cover up when there was otherwise no other way to suggest he was involved with the case.

She should have sent it anonymously and everything would have been fine.
She also made Sonny a party to bringing down Sami. Were it not for Sonny she would not have the tape even if it was unintentional and were it not for Sonny she would not have turned it in to the prosecutor. I have wondered how that aspect of the story will play out or affect Will and Sonny's relationship.
Edited by Angelsmile, Jul 23 2013, 08:49 AM.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

six
Jul 23 2013, 07:52 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
At this point, I personally don't give a damn how many people they screw. Hey, if it gets their rocks off, go for it. Vargas was hot. I fully endorsed Nicole screwing him. :laugh: I have issues when they start using their hooha to get a guy's attention when he rather be with someone else. That's when I start side eyeing them. I love both characters so when either do it, I can't stand it. Both have done it in the past and I'm not afraid to call one of them out on when it happens. That's just me.
I agree, except I don't have much of a problem with the bold, either. They're soap characters, and they'd might as well go ahead and work with what they've got. And if it causes a scandal, all the better. Some of the best characters of all time have opened their legs/zipper when other people would just open their wallets. I like them both too and am not going to pretend they're something they're not.
Yep, I agree who cares how many men the women have been in bed with? Lol. Women are free in her sexuality, my God after all it is 2013 and not the 50s. The question is more? why would a woman chasing a man who clearly has another woman in his mind and heart? In all cases, stories have proven this several times, it's you supposed to feel sorry for a woman because she has low self esteem? I think there are different answers to this question depending who you ask. :)

Angelsmile

lysie
Jul 22 2013, 04:44 PM
It's so hard to keep up sometimes. So right now, the DiMeras aren't notorious mobsters. They're just notorious charity people. Got it.
A question I have been wanting to ask. I only started watching days when Freddie Smith came aboard, what was happening led me to believe the both the DiMeras and the Kiriakis were crime families. Is that correct? Noting the disparity in how each family is viewed it occurred to me that I may not have the right information.

S loves EJ

six
JamaicanBeauty7

I agree with this aswell I donīt care that much how many they sleep with itīs the nature of being a soap, but I think they could have handle the Lumi/Ejami triangel better aswell as the Safe/Ejami triangel, and it was a bit gross of Nicole to sleep with Daniel while pregnant by EJ aswell as almost sleeping with Vargas while having the hots for Eric.

ArnoldFinnegan
Member Avatar

Aren't people on soaps supposed to be kinda slutty? :shrug:

ArnoldFinnegan
Member Avatar

Quote:

I agree with this aswell I donīt care that much how many they sleep with itīs the nature of being a soap, but I think they could have handle the Lumi/Ejami triangel better aswell as the Safe/Ejami triangel, and it was a bit gross of Nicole to sleep with Daniel while pregnant by EJ aswell as almost sleeping with Vargas while having the hots for Eric.

DEFINITELY agree with this. I hate that the writers went there.

six
Member Avatar

Angelsmile
Jul 23 2013, 08:16 AM
lysie
It's so hard to keep up sometimes. So right now, the DiMeras aren't notorious mobsters. They're just notorious charity people. Got it.
A question I have been wanting to ask. I only started watching days when Freddie Smith came aboard, what was happening led me to believe the both the DiMeras and the Kiriakis were crime families. Is that correct? Noting the disparity in how each family is viewed it occurred to me that I may not have the right information.
Yes, they're both crime families. The difference is that, for the most part, Victor stopped screwing with the lives of people whose opinions matter (i.e. Bradys and Hortons), back in the early 90s.

Sparrow

Yeah, I'm not a fan of slut-shaming in real life either.

Both women are written with deep insecurities that come from their childhood traumas and daddy issues. It's not unrealistic that they would both seek out validation and affection through sex. Both characters have had some unsavory interactions that made some of us cringe, but in the end it all comes down to the talent of the writers and the actresses to sell it or not.

Plus, this is a daytime drama and there's a reason they cast people we wouldn't mind seeing naked.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

S loves EJ
six
JamaicanBeauty7

The entire handling of Sami's love life since 2007 or so is so poor that it's turned her into a tramp. NO way in hell would the Sami pre 2006 be jumping from man to man to man in a few months time....now it's sort of the norm for her. She obsessed over Austin for a decade, obsessed over Brandon for a few years, same with Lucas, but the minute JER left the building in 2006 she seemed to go down this path of 'I'm all that and men can't have enough of me' and that was never who Sami's character was.

Anyway....

I liked the show overall but I can't help but recall how we were discussing last week that Sami would somehow make this about herself....because of the arrest....but low and behold she was attempting to steal Eric's moment from the minute she got there. Boy Sami is insufferable isn't she? and Ej and Sami being all lovey dovey, sunshine and roses is soooo off putting. For a guy who has always prided himself on being 'smart', Ej is sure acting like an idiot, so sure of himself, everything is wonderful....why are these two not worrying about Stefano? Not planning how they could out due his revenge...heck they aren't even TALKING about the possibility of Stefano going against them....how moronic are they? Geez

Anyway Ciara stole the entire show for me.....she's awesome...and I'd love it if they keep her on board and don't soras her....but have her interact with other kids now that there is a school set and have her start to do some age appropriate mischief.

I thought the editing of the show was okay, I really liked them going from the school opening even to Adrienne and the tape.....I thought it was a real nice play that the audience believed that both the tape and the arrest would be happening simultaneously, but then Kristen saw Brady and it was over....lol....

Overall good show.....a lot of Sami but it's expected....

Angelsmile

six
Jul 23 2013, 08:31 AM
Angelsmile
lysie
Yes, they're both crime families. The difference is that, for the most part, Victor stopped screwing with the lives of people whose opinions matter (i.e. Bradys and Hortons), back in the early 90s.
Thanks for the info.

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 23 2013, 08:50 AM

I liked the show overall but I can't help but recall how we were discussing last week that Sami would somehow make this about herself....because of the arrest....but low and behold she was attempting to steal Eric's moment from the minute she got there. Boy Sami is insufferable isn't she?
I do so love the validation.

Sweet and Salty

Panda Panda
Jul 22 2013, 05:25 PM
TreasureCove
Jul 22 2013, 05:22 PM
Why wasn't Lucas there with Allie today? His son and grandaughter are there. Isn't Allie going to the new school too?
It was a closed event but yeah that is weird since Lucas took Billie's place on the school board and would have donated to the school fund too.

Come to think of it, why was Sonny and Will there?
Because CM and FS have a contract and BD doesn't. :(
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lachelle73

Angelsmile
Jul 23 2013, 07:54 AM
Sevprince
Jul 22 2013, 03:52 PM
Finally, Adrienne turned that video. Loved her outfit and hair too. Now, I want her to lose her cool a bit and give verbal smock down to her son and husband without crying. Her son so needs one. :whack: I hope she doesn't take all the shit that will be coming her way.

I like the prosecutor.
I think that Adrienne's true motive is her hate for Sami and her wanting Sonny away from Will. If she were really worried about a miscarriage of justice I would be behind her, but that is not really the case. The fact of the matter is while watching her try to talk to Sonny at the beginning of the episode if I didn't know better I would think she didn't want Sonny to listen to her. The whole way she went about it and the way she was talking ensured that even if she got everything she wanted to say out Sonny would not have heard her. She claims she knows her son and he would never do something like this then she should be questioning why he did it instead of assuming he is some poor soul that has been tricked or manipulated. The fact of the matter is Sonny and Justin have told her where they stand right or wrong, she made the decision that bringing down Sami was more important than their thought and feelings. Right or wrong that was her choice and now she has to deal with their reactions. They will feel betrayed and will have every right to since she took steps that will affect them without knowing the full story.
I agree Adrienne did what she did to try and get Sami and Will out of their lives. How does she think Sonny is going to feel when he finds out that his mom put the man he loves mom in jail. Sonny doesn't even know she has the video and if she wanted to tell him she could have told him instead of going on and on about how she was not going to let that woman hurt him or let Will destroy him. Adrienne has her own motives for doing what she did and it was to try to get Will away from Sonny and Sami out of the way, she can say it was Sonny and part of it may have been but she just wants her family away from Sami's family.

But I can't wait to see Will and Sonny reaction when they find out and to find out what Adrienne did. This is going to be a mess but its also going to be good seeing both sides and their reactions.

I really hope that Will and Sonny talk about what is happening and Will doesn't keep in it, they need to talk to eachother about what is bothering them both. They need to have an uninterrrupted conversation and time alone for them to clear the air, they need it and we need to see it.
Edited by lachelle73, Jul 23 2013, 09:18 AM.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

six
JamaicanBeauty7
Nichole and Vargas were on fire!
I hate something couldn't have
blossomed with those two.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply