Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, July 22nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 22 2013, 07:13 AM (15,844 Views)
six
Member Avatar

How many times has Sami tried to get married/gotten married? I'm thinking 12... Seems like Marlena's number is pretty high, too. Good thing she was on the other side of the room when Ciara said what she did.
Edited by six, Jul 23 2013, 09:33 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 23 2013, 09:01 AM
LuvingLumi
Jul 23 2013, 08:50 AM

I liked the show overall but I can't help but recall how we were discussing last week that Sami would somehow make this about herself....because of the arrest....but low and behold she was attempting to steal Eric's moment from the minute she got there. Boy Sami is insufferable isn't she?
I do so love the validation.
Validation/schmalidation.

Sweet and Salty

blueskies
Jul 22 2013, 06:36 PM
i have that same top Marlena's wearing...New York and Company I think...that neon green/yellow suit is a little over the top though.
I like the top, but agree about the blazer or whatever it's called. Too much IMO.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

All in all a very enjoyable episode, especially in all the character interactions. Ciara was the highlight of the episode for me. Speaking of Ciara, my biggest complaint about the episode was the lack of kids. I get that they didn't perhaps want Sami's kids there for the arrest, but wouldn't that have been more dramatic? Would have loved to get Lucas's reaction to the Ejami wedding date. With all the reactions we have gotten from the Ejami portrait, I really want to see Lucas's next. And Nicole, followed by Victor. Back to the Academy opening, it would have been nice to see Chad bring Theo and Kayla bring Joey.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

JarlenaLante
Jul 23 2013, 10:11 AM
All in all a very enjoyable episode, especially in all the character interactions. Ciara was the highlight of the episode for me. Speaking of Ciara, my biggest complaint about the episode was the lack of kids. I get that they didn't perhaps want Sami's kids there for the arrest, but wouldn't that have been more dramatic? Would have loved to get Lucas's reaction to the Ejami wedding date. With all the reactions we have gotten from the Ejami portrait, I really want to see Lucas's next. And Nicole, followed by Victor. Back to the Academy opening, it would have been nice to see Chad bring Theo and Kayla bring Joey.
it wasn't so much a grand opening as it was a sort of thank-you gala for the donors. it made sense for Hope & Ciara to be there because Hope probably still has control over the Horton Foundation. Chad & Theo wouldn't have really served any purpose being there, and Kayla was probably either working or running the pub.

Not Amused
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Jul 23 2013, 07:29 AM
S loves EJ
Jul 23 2013, 03:50 AM
ladyofthelake
Jul 22 2013, 02:38 PM
My thoughts for today: (Before reading anyone else's):
I LOVED Ciara's "Can I have as many weddings as Sami?" Good shout-out and poking inward fun at Sami's multiple weddings.
Judi Evans did show the distress Adrienne probably felt very well. That prosecutor, however, was a little too bloodthirsty.
Still trying to decide about the whole Kristen/Brady thing. ED plays those emotions well, but the whole "check" thing was sort of a letdown. I was hoping that Sami would be arrested just as Kristen was going to show her sex tape.
DAMN, AZ and JS just play SO WELL against each other. Such a wasted opportunity. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is animosity chemistry tinged with some sexual overtones. (Hey, at least I think so). They can both give as well as they get. Although, Nicole still needs pants. I'm glad she didn't slip and fall down.
Hey, Ciara was chasing another kid. There were TWO kids there!
I am really enjoying Diedre Hall and Marlena sans John and Hogestyn. This is the Marlena I fell in love with decades ago.
Wouldn't Victor be Greek Orthodox? Oh, well. No biggie.
GV has such cute family banter methods. Actually, he and Sweeney weren't bad together. I could overlook her "breathiness", as long as she wasn't in scenes with Scott. But GV just played the excited, humble priest so well. He was just adorbs.

I actually think I saw sexuell chemistry between Ejole on monday´s show I really liked their snarks. If they are as good as they have been on thursday last week and this everytime I just might be able to ship them.
Nah, I saw no sexual chemistry between Nicole and EJ. Maybe because JS plays EJ indifference with Nicole in this scene. Sure there are chemistry between Nicole and EJ but it's never in your face like I see between EJ and Sami and this depends a lot on how JS plays EJ different with these two women, with Sami it has always been longing glances and in performance , EJ is all in when it comes to feelings of every kind, so to speak, when he is in Sami's presence, I do not see this in Nicole presence, and perhaps it is a conscious choice when it comes to acting from JS who knows :) This is my opinion and I'm sure there are others who might think otherwise.
I sure didn't see indifference on JS's part. He seemed to come alive in his scenes with Ari. I've seen James phone scenes in before and this scene wasn't one of them. JMO.
Edited by Not Amused, Jul 23 2013, 10:40 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jul 23 2013, 09:27 AM
How many times has Sami tried to get married/gotten married? I'm thinking 12... Seems like Marlena's number is pretty high, too. Good thing she was on the other side of the room when Ciara said what she did.
It depends on what you count.

Sami
Austin in Paris*
Austin in Salem when Carrie interrupted
Franco
Austin in Vegas
Brandon*
Lucas - but ceremony never even happened (Brandon-gate)
Lucas at the Stan wedding
Austin when Sami called it off
Lucas in the green wedding*
EJ at the black wedding*
EJ when the sydnapping came out
Rafe in the woods*
Rafe vow renewal

5 actual marriages and a vow renewal

Marlena
Alex technically first and offscreen*
Don called off to rescue Donna
Don for real*
Roman for real*
Eugene in the best wedding of all time*
RoJohn and the amazing headdress
John when Kristen interrupted with Roman
Roman when he was sick
John for real*
John vow renewal
John when Marlena was pregnant with Roman's baby
Alex in Salem*
John in Italy with the loud fountain*
John when they left*
John offscreen*

I'm not even really sure how to distinguish hers because of all the identity changes but I think 9 actual marriages

Not Amused
Member Avatar

I gotta add how much I love Judi Evans. :wub: She has just been fabulous.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

Fantastic66
six
Jul 23 2013, 07:52 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Jul 23 2013, 05:41 AM
At this point, I personally don't give a damn how many people they screw. Hey, if it gets their rocks off, go for it. Vargas was hot. I fully endorsed Nicole screwing him. :laugh: I have issues when they start using their hooha to get a guy's attention when he rather be with someone else. That's when I start side eyeing them. I love both characters so when either do it, I can't stand it. Both have done it in the past and I'm not afraid to call one of them out on when it happens. That's just me.
I agree, except I don't have much of a problem with the bold, either. They're soap characters, and they'd might as well go ahead and work with what they've got. And if it causes a scandal, all the better. Some of the best characters of all time have opened their legs/zipper when other people would just open their wallets. I like them both too and am not going to pretend they're something they're not.
Nichole and Vargas were on fire!
I hate something couldn't have
blossomed with those two.
I thought Varicole had chemistry but they were moving to fast and Nicole should not have tried to sleep with Vargas just to forget about Eric.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Jul 23 2013, 05:29 AM
gailwinters
Jul 23 2013, 04:23 AM
TreasureCove
Jul 22 2013, 11:32 PM
marie1969
Jul 22 2013, 10:27 PM
Until Nicole learns to keep her legs closed, that is all she will be for the men in her life.

Speaking of Nicole, she was a hot mess today with her hooker dress and her fucked up hairstyle. I did not mind Ej/Nicole interactions, but Nicole chose the most inappropriate time to make a scene. I thought she knew the event was about Eric, did that slip Nicole's mind?
I rather enjoyed Ej's snarky dismissive attitude toward Nicole, clearly showing his disdain toward her. He can see through her BS and he obviously still has very little respect for her. His comment about Nicole self destructing was on point so was the fact she always chases after men she can not have.

:shame: They say you hate in others what you see in yourself. I guess EJ sees a mirror of his own actions when he looks at Nicole, and he realizes just how pathetic and inadequate he is, since Nicole's actions make sense, while he just looks like a sad little man with a child-like fiancee who spreads her legs all over town like they were peanut butter and Salem is the bread.
Nicole has screwed Daniel, would have screwed Rafe if he had been willing, tried to screw Vargas (some people think she actually did), screwed Brady, and dreamed about screwing Eric.

In the same time period Sami almost screwed Rafe twice and EJ once before their commitment talk.

Well, she did not screw Rafe and she did not screw Vargas. And by the way, it was Vargas that put the moves on her and Nicole is the one that stopped it in the end. Nicole was free, single and was in no relationship with anyone at the time. So, she could fantasise about anyone she chose to, or be with anyone to chose to.

At least she wasn't flirting and lying to more than one man at at time, making them believe that she is interested while behind their backs she is kissing up on someone else, and willingly wanting to jump into bed with Rafe in one scene and not long after shown as willing to jump into bed with EJ, and all this happened, not long after haveing slept with Lucas and led him to believe she was interested, and then totally disregarded his feelings to run off with EJ.
THANK-YOU! Sami was hurting people, Nicole was not. Sami was double hurting both Lucas and Rafe by giving pleasure/rewarding the man who repeatedly hurt/tried to kill both Rafe and Lucas, who Rafe put his life on the line to protect her from!

People like to forget that while Nicole was flirting with EJ, it was also EJ who chased Nicole. When Trent blackmailed Nicole, it was to keep her from EJ. She had to tell him to buzz off, and he did the chasing. She was willing to walk away and raise the baby on her own. EJ chased Nicole.

Nicole only wanted to live in one of the guest houses to visit Sydney. EJ was the one who started flirting and wanted the marriage. Nicole gave him an out after he called a "truce" with Sami and Rafe. HE wanted to marry her.

EJ did the chasing for months, starting with the tango.

And EJ is the king having zero self-respect, of being desperate to be the second choice to someone who is happy with someone else and told in no uncertain terms repeatadly that they don't want him. Just because he's a man, no one here is calling him a slut.

six
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jul 23 2013, 11:11 AM
Fantastic66
six
Jul 23 2013, 07:52 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Jul 23 2013, 05:41 AM
At this point, I personally don't give a damn how many people they screw. Hey, if it gets their rocks off, go for it. Vargas was hot. I fully endorsed Nicole screwing him. :laugh: I have issues when they start using their hooha to get a guy's attention when he rather be with someone else. That's when I start side eyeing them. I love both characters so when either do it, I can't stand it. Both have done it in the past and I'm not afraid to call one of them out on when it happens. That's just me.
I agree, except I don't have much of a problem with the bold, either. They're soap characters, and they'd might as well go ahead and work with what they've got. And if it causes a scandal, all the better. Some of the best characters of all time have opened their legs/zipper when other people would just open their wallets. I like them both too and am not going to pretend they're something they're not.
Nichole and Vargas were on fire!
I hate something couldn't have
blossomed with those two.
I thought Varicole had chemistry but they were moving to fast and Nicole should not have tried to sleep with Vargas just to forget about Eric.
Yeah, I didn't like that Nicole was sleeping with Vargas when she didn't want to (I'm of the opinion that they went through with it). But they did have chemistry.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

As for Daniel, he's written to be God to Salem. He's the love of Jennifer's life, and her reason for being alive (Jack who?) and Chloes' reason to get up in the morning. There is no explaining that ridiculas character who is worshipped by the town. Every woman is shamed just by being in the same room with him. :puke:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

I'm a day behind :drunk:

I was underwhelmed by this supposed big exciting episode. Scenes were so short and choppy, like they had to cram too much into this show. There was no real suspense, and not only because it was predictable. Kristen not being able to find the flash drive was confusing. I'm not sure if it was on purpose since later when talking to Marlena she hugged the purse like she knew she still had it in there.

All I kept thinking when Brady and Kristen were talking in the garden was a a sarcastic, 'What a romantic love story these two have.' There is absolutely no passion, longing, or heart pounding desire between them, and the way this show seems to want the viewer to feel sorry for both of them, all I want is to see Brady end up with her again so he can be hurt when the truth comes out, only much much worse. I wasn't afraid for Brady, the bumbling idiot, and I wasn't rooting for Kristen to jump into his arms and toss aside her plan. They are the farthest thing from star-crossed as it gets.

Also, there was not much suspense about Adrienne getting the evidence to Abe. Sami being to nice, so saccharin sweet and happy was a bit much and telegraphed exactly what was going to happen. And the sorry attempt to create suspense with the prosecutor and Abe was laughable. Abe was standing right next to Sami and Elvis and she screams over to Abe to arrest Sami or else, and Sami wasn't phased at all by that loud command. Neither she or Elvis heard it. It was all so bad, and Sweeney's lack of any kind of acting skills was glaring. I think she was trying to play it with subtlety which is not in her wheelhouse.

I loved Marlena and Will (talking about John) and Marlena and Eric, and Marlena and Hope. Marlena's especially root-able for me in this disappointing Kristen returns story.

There is no excuse for the way the citizens and holy men of Salem accept DiMera money and influence. Oh, as long as you give to a charitable cause you're welcome to hobnob with those who are suppose to be a living example of Christ and his sheep. :shrug: and I was raised Catholic and bishops do not show up for school openings and if they did they wouldn't be wearing their formal vestments (Monsignor's either). I've been to a priest's ordination (very formal event) and the bishop of that diocese didn't wear a cap or formal vestment. He wore a regular priest's garb. I wouldn't have know he was the bishop if someone hadn't told me.

I don't think the little comment from Ciara was to be missed. She'll probably be the one to see the video first and her little world of Kristen admiration will come crashing down on her adorable little head. She'll spend months with it in her backpack......

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

lysie
Jul 23 2013, 09:01 AM
LuvingLumi
Jul 23 2013, 08:50 AM

I liked the show overall but I can't help but recall how we were discussing last week that Sami would somehow make this about herself....because of the arrest....but low and behold she was attempting to steal Eric's moment from the minute she got there. Boy Sami is insufferable isn't she?
I do so love the validation.
Boy, was I wrong. Lawd. :shame:

And I'm ok with that. :laugh:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Rosebud
Jul 23 2013, 02:08 PM
I don't think the little comment from Ciara was to be missed. She'll probably be the one to see the video first and her little world of Kristen admiration will come crashing down on her adorable little head. She'll spend months with it in her backpack......
Ciara most definitely needs to find the USB on the grass in the playground and place it in a sticker-decorated box. lol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply