Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, July 23rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 23 2013, 08:17 AM (14,636 Views)
Hamilton
Member Avatar

Victor and Ciara :wub2: Please Days, can I have some more?

Just haul Sami off already. Her little speech didn't hit the cords they seemed to be going for to me. Her character has taken a huge dive in likeability and moments like this are not going to redeem her as worthy of my sympathy.

As much as I admired Adrienne's 'the shit's about to hit the fan' final expression, (Kudos JE) I'd rather have seen Adrienne hold her head up with 'Hell yes I did this!' attitude. If she feels her family is being compromised by the DiMera's she should be proud she took action to stop it.

Right now, whenever Ej is with Sami he just kinda disappears to me. Maybe because I've seen similar scenes, but with Rafe acting the same way.

I hate having to watch more weepy heartbroken Nicole. I like her friendship with Eric and especially the cute banter from yesterday displaying their fun easy nature. But, there is not enough there from Eric to root for them romantically. He loves her yes, but it comes across so platonic. Until they have him questioning his calling because of his desire for Nicole, I want her out of there and offered another direction. Give the woman a man who wants her!

I didn't really listen to Kristen and Brady since it felt like rehash. Although I will admit to my continual admiration of Brady with scruff looking incredible in that suit. B-)

I'd rather see Victor re-establishing a wicked (doesn't have to be sexual) relationship with Kate over having more time with either Caroline or Maggie.

I really hated that they had Brady call Ej for information. Seemed like lazy writing to me. I don't care if Sami is in trouble, Brady should have tried Hope instead.

So the whole family bailed out of mass? :whistle:

Oh Justin. Sorry dude, but did you really expect everything was on the up-and-up? Sharpen up!!!

Good job Hope sidestepping Sami's plea of innocence. ;)

The video! The video! Ah the video! :applause:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

blueskies
Jul 23 2013, 10:34 PM
Supergirlx2
Jul 23 2013, 10:27 PM
lysie
Jul 23 2013, 10:13 PM
six
Jul 23 2013, 10:12 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I thought it was obvious that she didn't lose anything. She was just making up something so she wouldn't lose face.
but i need Kristen to lose the USB so Ciara can find it. lol.
Don't worry, she will. Or Johnny will and Ciara will steal it from him...
hahaha... that would be priceless! Ciara definitely needs to get revenge on Johnny for stealing the picture.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Jul 23 2013, 03:36 PM
I don't think it was necessary to take Kristen down this crazed demented path. They could have reigned some of her 'edginess' in and stopped making Brady dumber by the sec (because let's be honest his dumbness moves that quickly). Bristen could be/have been really great but the Eric rape is the straw that broke my back. I was open to them in the beginning and now I can't after what she did to his step brother and not even a fake out, where we find out that she actually didn't assault him sexually, will change my mind.
Eric isn't Brady's stepbrother. The writers created a convenient "brotherhood" between them, for storyline purposes, which irritates me because if he thought of Eric as his brother in any way then he would call Marlena "mom". And he would treat her better.
Online Profile Goto Top

michr544125

Another great episode. I love seeing so much cast integration and with characters that we normally don't see.

Loved seeing Victor, Caroline and Sierra together

I am loving Judi Evans but Adrienne is so far over the top with what she's doing, I don't blame Sonny if he disowns her for a while. She had no business getting involved. I would get her trying to protect her young son, if he were 15. But Sonny is a grown man living on his own and in a committed relationship with somebody. I just don't get Adrienne's logic at all. If Will disowned his mom for a while, I say Sonny should do the same for a while. Though first Adrienne preaches over and over that Sonny is going to get hurt. Now Victor says the same. Hmmm makes me wonder if Wilson do end when Chandler leaves and it's not going to be pretty. There has to be a reason they keep foreshadowing Will hurting Sonny.

Sami just never shuts up. She is under arrest and says she's not leaving until she says what she wants to and then doesn't shut up at the police station. Loved Justin trying to shut her up. That was pretty funny :lol: .

Oh Adrienne you are going to be a lonely person for a while.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Jul 23 2013, 10:44 PM
Laufeyson
I don't think it was necessary to take Kristen down this crazed demented path. They could have reigned some of her 'edginess' in and stopped making Brady dumber by the sec (because let's be honest his dumbness moves that quickly). Bristen could be/have been really great but the Eric rape is the straw that broke my back. I was open to them in the beginning and now I can't after what she did to his step brother and not even a fake out, where we find out that she actually didn't assault him sexually, will change my mind.
Eric isn't Brady's stepbrother. The writers created a convenient "brotherhood" between them, for storyline purposes, which irritates me because if he thought of Eric as his brother in any way then he would call Marlena "mom". And he would treat her better.
Eric is Brady's stepbrother...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Jul 23 2013, 10:36 PM
ditto here!! I also need some good-quality Victor/Hope scenes.
Hamilton
I really hated that they had Brady call Ej for information. Seemed like lazy writing to me. I don't care if Sami is in trouble, Brady should have tried Hope instead.
i kinda FF-ed through the Brady stuff, but i completely agree! Brady should've called Hope. or he could've called Justin. Brady & EJ should not be friendly.
Hamilton
Hope isn't stupid. she knows she's in a tough position and that one wrong move will get her kicked off the case.
Edited by Supergirlx2, Jul 23 2013, 10:47 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Jul 23 2013, 03:46 PM
tomsawyer
Jul 23 2013, 03:34 PM
Brady called EJ. Ejady lives! :wub:

I love that Ciara isn't worried about Sami going to prison. She's just worried about the wedding still happening.

Aw, Victor and Caroline talking about Bo is the sweetest thing ever. Dump Maggie, Vic, and go after the real love of your life!

Sami and Melinda are having a smug-off. I think Melinda is winning.
Meh, it's not the same. I particular enjoyed them when Nicole was caught in the middle and they were very antigonistic towards one another. Now they are technically on the same side, EJ is with Brady's so called sister and Brady is dating EJ's almost mommy. That's no fun. Sami's isn't worth much as a character imo and nobody will be fighting for her infamous glitter va-jay-jay (thank goodness) so no drama here.
EJ's a blind fool falling for Sami again and his (almost) saving grace is that Brady is dumber than the preschool dropout and I feel like a prolonged Kristen relationship will only make him even dumber.
While Kristen is just cray cray and she needs to calm the heck down before I completely lose interest in her.
Brady wasn't just with ELvis' almost mommy... Kristen was Brady's almost mommy, which is really creepy.
Online Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Hamilton

Just haul Sami off already. Her little speech didn't hit the cords they seemed to be going for to me. Her character has taken a huge dive in likeability and moments like this are not going to redeem her as worthy of my sympathy.

As much as I admired Adrienne's 'the shit's about to hit the fan' final expression, (Kudos JE) I'd rather have seen Adrienne hold her head up with 'Hell yes I did this!' attitude. If she feels her family is being compromised by the DiMera's she should be proud she took action to stop it.

Right now, whenever Ej is with Sami he just kinda disappears to me. Maybe because I've seen similar scenes, but with Rafe acting the same way.

I hate having to watch more weepy heartbroken Nicole. I like her friendship with Eric and especially the cute banter from yesterday displaying their fun easy nature. But, there is not enough there from Eric to root for them romantically. He loves her yes, but it comes across so platonic. Until they have him questioning his calling because of his desire for Nicole, I want her out of there and offered another direction. Give the woman a man who wants her!

I didn't really listen to Kristen and Brady since it felt like rehash. Although I will admit to my continual admiration of Brady with scruff looking incredible in that suit. B-)

I'd rather see Victor re-establishing a wicked (doesn't have to be sexual) relationship with Kate over having more time with either Caroline or Maggie.

So the whole family bailed out of mass? :whistle:

Oh Justin. Sorry dude, but did you really expect everything was on the up-and-up? Sharpen up!!!

The video! The video! Ah the video! :applause:

Maybe Brady calling EJ is the start of those
two becoming friendly to one another.They
are cousins.I will admit I cant stand to see
EJ and Brady in the same orbit.I think the
GT/Sell are just changing around some bad
writing that was done during Higley crap-fest.

Edited by Fantastic66, Jul 23 2013, 10:50 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 23 2013, 10:46 PM
Rosebud
Laufeyson
How so?
Online Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Jul 23 2013, 10:49 PM
lysie
Rosebud
Laufeyson
How so?
Brady's father is married to Eric's mother...Marlena is Brady's stepmother.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Rosebud
lysie
Rosebud
Laufeyson
How so?
Eric is Marlena's son. Brady is John's son. Marlena & John are married. therefore, Eric & Brady are stepbrothers.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

You know...I never blamed Sami for Arianna's death, but until tonight it had never occurred to me just how similar that story is to this one. Sami is basically identical in both, and EJ has Rafe's role. Will is still Will. Weird.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Lady Evol
Jul 23 2013, 06:50 PM
six
Jul 23 2013, 05:13 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Jul 23 2013, 04:56 PM
six
Jul 23 2013, 04:16 PM

No, she knows it's missing. She realized it when she reached inside her purse to get it for the Bishop while everyone watched. Then she lied and said she lost her check.
Oh okay, I thought she reached in her purse to get the drive, then changed course and decided to keep quiet. IOW, that the feeling around in the compartment was just for show. Especially since she told Marlena that she'd chosen not to destroy her.

Knowing that Kristen didn't say anything because she couldn't and that she's apparently decided to just chill instead of wondering where her video is makes me like this episode and yesterday's a bit less.
Yeah that's what I thought too when she said she "lost" her gift. I assumed it was because she changed course and wanted to pretend the check was it, but didn't have one written up already. I'd have thought she'd be more freaked if she lost the flash drive.
Plus, later when she was talking to Marlena, she patted her bag like she knew she still had it.
Online Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 23 2013, 11:00 PM
You know...I never blamed Sami for Arianna's death, but until tonight it had never occurred to me just how similar that story is to this one. Sami is basically identical in both, and EJ has Rafe's role. Will is still Will. Weird.
Sami/Arianna >>>>>>> Sami/Bernardi
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Quote:

I kinda FF-ed through the Brady stuff, but i completely agree! Brady should've called Hope. or he could've called Justin. Brady & EJ should not be friendly.

He could've also called his nephew Will. It's just like having John all of a sudden being buddies with EJ, even being lectured by the man about his relationship with his wife after everything EJ did to the two of them. It's just more WTF writing.
Edited by TreasureCove, Jul 23 2013, 11:04 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Jul 23 2013, 07:18 PM
Lady Evol
Jul 23 2013, 06:50 PM
six
Jul 23 2013, 05:13 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Jul 23 2013, 04:56 PM

Oh okay, I thought she reached in her purse to get the drive, then changed course and decided to keep quiet. IOW, that the feeling around in the compartment was just for show. Especially since she told Marlena that she'd chosen not to destroy her.

Knowing that Kristen didn't say anything because she couldn't and that she's apparently decided to just chill instead of wondering where her video is makes me like this episode and yesterday's a bit less.
Yeah that's what I thought too when she said she "lost" her gift. I assumed it was because she changed course and wanted to pretend the check was it, but didn't have one written up already. I'd have thought she'd be more freaked if she lost the flash drive.
Then why draw the attention of the whole crowd in the first place? If she had changed her mind about exposing Eric/herself then she could of just stayed quiet or left and the whole thing would have been forgotten. She chose to draw attention to herself because she wanted to play the video but her plan backfired because of the missing flash drive. You could tell by the movement of her hand and her facial expression that she wasn't looking for no damn check. The woman saw Marlena and that was it.
I agree, she did lose it temporarily and fumbled about and then backed out, but I think she just thought she misplaced it because she grasped her purse while talking to Marlena as though she was still going to go through with it sometime down the road.
Online Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 23 2013, 07:28 PM
Blerg. This whole Bristen/J&M thing is just not good
The focus is wrong for it to be as good as it could
Bringing Brady into it totally spoiled everything for me.
Online Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

I love Brady.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 23 2013, 10:50 PM
Rosebud
lysie
Rosebud

How so?
Brady's father is married to Eric's mother...Marlena is Brady's stepmother.
Oh, okay, duh. I guess I just never felt that connection since they didn't grow up together, were not close in any way, plus Brady's rejection and terrible treatment to Marlena, and he calls her Marlena not Mom. Brady has always been so inconsistently written that I don't know who the h*ll he is. I think I mentally disowned him as a character.
Online Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Jul 23 2013, 07:14 PM
And Sami was making a speech.

Adrienne, Sami didn't do this. This evidence will send her to jail, and she didn't do this.
Factually

She did kill a man.... she just has a good reason for it and why it shouldn't be considered murder but it's not as though she didn't do it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic