Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, July 23rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 23 2013, 08:17 AM (14,500 Views)
The Scorpion
Member Avatar

marie1969
Jul 23 2013, 09:45 PM
Days is kicking ass these days. This story keep getting better and better. My heart broke for Sami today. The whole thing was heartbreaking and yet so good. I was proud of my girl Sami. She showed so much strength and courage. A lesser person would have fallen apart, but SGB soon to be Dimera kept her poker face on. She is a fighter and will roll with the punches. No matter what is thrown at her, she will dust herself off and get back on her feet. After all, she's got Ej freaking Dimera in her corner.

Reason number 1247693 why I love Ej Dimera. His love for his Samantha is incomparable. his devotion for her knows no boundaries. It is just amazing. From what he told Sami today, it is clear that Ej's gloves are coming off. No more nice guy. He is going to fight dirty and break every law in the book (and God helps anyone who stand in his way) in order to get his woman out of this mess. Salem better watch out because Vintage Ej Dimera is making a comeback. I hope Ej will go after Adrienne and the SP first. I know she is just doing her job, but she is a little too smug.

I have lost so much respect for Victor after today. Victor was a lot of things, but hypocrite was never one of them. I could not believe that Victor of all people was judging the Dimeras when he is as evil as they are and has committed as many crimes as they have. I know that Maggy has locked his balls away in the safe but come on. Pot meet Kettle.

I thought it was hilarious that both Nicole and Victor where outraged because Sami got away with murder, considering that both of them are murderers themselves and never paid for said murders. The funniest part of course was the fact that Victor was sharing this with the woman who once attempted to murder him LOL. OK writers, that was a good comedic relief.

Speaking of Nicole, she needs to STFU and take a seat. This is none of her fucking business. This is a family matter and she ain't family. You are the fucking secretary,not Eric's girlfriend, so go type something. She is merely a charity case and should be grateful she can smooch of off Eric while boinking his brother behind his back. Where the hell does she get off judging Sami anyway? She tried to kill her husband Victor, her lover Collin, kidnapped an infant from her mother at birth and last year used a dead child to get rid of the competition in order to hang to a man who did not want her. Nicole and her glass house LOL. Rant over. I feel better now.

Truth be told, I am not that worried about Sami because I know she's got Ej in her corner fighting for her and the truth will come out sonner or later. Then all of the hypocrite will eat crow. Meanwhile, I am excited about the return of sweetevil Ej.

Yes, obviously will EJ move heaven and earth to help his love, one thing is for sure the one that stands in the way he or she will be destroyed. The question is more what price will EJ have to pay in the end?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Rosebud
Jul 23 2013, 11:40 PM
Oh, okay, duh. I guess I just never felt that connection since they didn't grow up together, were not close in any way, plus Brady's rejection and terrible treatment to Marlena, and he calls her Marlena not Mom. Brady has always been so inconsistently written that I don't know who the h*ll he is. I think I mentally disowned him as a character.
Well, it's a SORASing issue, kind of. Eric returned in 97, and Brady was a little boy till summer 99. There were some cute moments between them in 98 and 99, like at J&M's 99 wedding. Eric (Jensen) was really cute with little (5 year old) Brady. But then when Kyle took over the role of Brady, his "teen angst" Brady was in a different orbit than Jensen's Eric, and then Jensen left soon after.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Jul 23 2013, 01:00 PM
JessicaLeigh
Jul 23 2013, 12:58 PM
Don't all you assholes give Adrienne the stink eye, especially you, Sonny! I get that you're loyal to WILL, but you should not be more loyal to SAMI than you are to your own MOTHER.
YES THIS! Adrienne was right to take the evidence to the police. Sonny better not go too hard on his mom, he's already been on my last nerve lately.
I think Adrianne will be disappointed when
the Video is found to be inadmissable evidence.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sparrow

concerned
Jul 23 2013, 11:55 PM
Kriss4
Jul 23 2013, 07:14 PM
And Sami was making a speech.

Adrienne, Sami didn't do this. This evidence will send her to jail, and she didn't do this.
Factually

She did kill a man.... she just has a good reason for it and why it shouldn't be considered murder but it's not as though she didn't do it.
She killed a man, and has spent the time since then feeling justified and vindicated.

And she's bopped around, giggling and planning her wedding, pretending to be the ghoulish lady of the manor, with a sense of entitlement that is outrageous even for Sami. Why shouldn't she be queen of the Dimera empire and the heroine holding vigil at Rafe's bed side? How dare any mothers or ruthless father-in-laws to be or doctors or traumatized patients keep her from her rightful place, whatever she deems that to be?

What she hasn't done is seem a bit remorseful, nor question herself for a moment about why she shot a man point blank in the back instead of screaming or aiming for his leg.

Show spent enough time showing Bernardi agonizing over what Stefano ordered him to do, and introducing a wife and son who remembered him as a good man and father, and even holding a memorial for him for the entire Salem PD to remember all his heroic deeds (when there have been long beloved vets who didn't even get a funeral or tombstone, for crying out loud.)

Either they are going to use this as a chance for some real growth for the character, as she is sent to jail and then has to stand trial for his death, or they are going to blacken whatever positive memories a widow and a son and a police force have of the man, and he falls by the way as just another criminal while everyone lines up to wait their turn to apologize to Sami and kiss her pale ass. Just in time for her big wedding, I'm sure.
Offline Profile Goto Top

thepadange

six
Jul 23 2013, 05:13 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Jul 23 2013, 04:56 PM
six
Jul 23 2013, 04:16 PM
Sweet and Salty
Jul 23 2013, 04:07 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I don't think that's it. Unless I missed something, she doesn't know the flash drive is missing (is it even missing?). She could destroy the video and go on with her life.
No, she knows it's missing. She realized it when she reached inside her purse to get it for the Bishop while everyone watched. Then she lied and said she lost her check.
Oh okay, I thought she reached in her purse to get the drive, then changed course and decided to keep quiet. IOW, that the feeling around in the compartment was just for show. Especially since she told Marlena that she'd chosen not to destroy her.

Knowing that Kristen didn't say anything because she couldn't and that she's apparently decided to just chill instead of wondering where her video is makes me like this episode and yesterday's a bit less.
I don't think she realized she lost the flash drive (if she did), too. It looked more like she changed her mind and was more than satisfied with that. She definitely would not walk around peacefully and talk to Nicole or Brady knowing her USB is missing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Where to even START?

I absolutely ADORE we are having reveals with the people that matter surrounding them. I thought the Sami arrest was glorious. And her speech? OH.MY.GOD. This bitch. She entertains me though.

Holy hell at that Trask witch. She was THIRSTY for Sami's arrest. Roman pegged her motives, IMO (press). I like they hit on that. I like they hit on a lot of 'small points' actually.

Eric's angst is sweet but he wasn't even around for any of Sami's drama in the 2000s so meh ... I do like how he and Nicole fought over Sami. Those scenes were well-done and Ari and Greg just work so well together. I love how angsty they are, as a supercouple in training should be. I also love how EJ just gets at Nicole, each and every time, even when she tries to be all bitchy, snarky and strong with him.

Judi Evans is acting her brains out right now. LOVE her. However, Adrienne is gonna get some haaaate from everyone. I think mixing up Sami and Adrienne has been brilliant. I loved Sonny's rage at her (and her 'oh shit' look the entire time), even though Adrienne isn't really the villain here, she's sort of being written like one. Good mix of characters and glad Justin isn't "away on business" anymore. So glad those two are being used and I will keep saying it.

YAYY no Surfer Doc! I love JJ called him that the other da. I've been calling him that for months.

Boy, Roman and Marlena sure are the proud parents. Heh. Wasting no time. I did like Will mentioned John sent a gift for Ari. That was a nice touch. Even though I can't remember if that was on Mon or Tues (sorry, watched them both at the same time and was in a hurry).

Kristen's cocky arrogance will bite her, Nicole and Marlena both caught her that likely had something planned. Anyone else predicting an even bigger huge Kristen meltdown at an actual wedding this time? I do. Aren't they taping November?

Kristian and Hope look amazing in green.

Quite enjoyed Caroline/Victor. Maggie was finally tolerable for a change and loved her actually sharing a brief scene with Hope! The Maggie I actually care about.

I want to feel sorry for Brady but I can't, even though I'm kinda looking forward to what I guess is Bristen's reunion. Though I'm spoiler free so I don't know.

As Matt has said, has JER risen and writing the show? Like without the crazy off-the-rails disgusting stuff?

The show is SO good.

And I miss Bo too, Caroline. But they HAVE to address this. It's been 9 months. Seriously. Hope literally could be having another child at this point (though not quite, both time-wise and age wise but this is DAYS). DO SOMETHING writers.
Edited by KMan101, Jul 24 2013, 06:23 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

thepadange

Laufeyson
Jul 23 2013, 03:36 PM
I don't think it was necessary to take Kristen down this crazed demented path. They could have reigned some of her 'edginess' in and stopped making Brady dumber by the sec (because let's be honest his dumbness moves that quickly). Bristen could be/have been really great but the Eric rape is the straw that broke my back. I was open to them in the beginning and now I can't after what she did to his step brother and not even a fake out, where we find out that she actually didn't assault him sexually, will change my mind.
Exactly.
I think they did it for ratings and it looks like it worked. That's the only logic I can see there, no character consistency, even no plot driven logic. It's sometimes so weird and kinda disturbing how much the show does (has to do?) for ratings and that you can always be sure that the bigest secrets will be revealed only during the sweeps, so no more surprise there.
Back to the s/l. I honestly don't get why the TPTB are so obsessed with the E/K scenes that they have to show them at least 3 times a week or more (flashbacks, editing, video etc). They've already milked the staff to no end and there are months to come yet, I guess... However, if after that they can make a plausible fake out I definitelly wouldn't mind and it would matter for me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lachelle73

tomsawyer
Jul 23 2013, 03:51 PM
Oooh, I like how everybody is listening to EJ telling Sami he will handle things now just like he's handled things in the past. He is soooo going to do bad things. And that vow is sooooo going to come back to bite him in the ass. And I am soooo going to enjoy watching all of it.

Meanwhle, I LOVED the mirroring of Sami and Will's reaction when EJ and Sonny tried to comfort them. Such a little thing, but so well done.
Yes I loved the mirroring too, and I loved how neither EJ or Sonny was having it and they held on to them anyway. EJ and Sonny seem to be the logical ones the thinkers and Sami and Will are the emotional ones but it works and it comes across beautifully.

Also loved the Will and Sami moment that was good she telling him its going to be okay, that was a good scene and Ali and Chandler played it so well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lachelle73

lachelle73
Jul 24 2013, 07:33 AM
tomsawyer
Jul 23 2013, 03:51 PM
Oooh, I like how everybody is listening to EJ telling Sami he will handle things now just like he's handled things in the past. He is soooo going to do bad things. And that vow is sooooo going to come back to bite him in the ass. And I am soooo going to enjoy watching all of it.

Meanwhle, I LOVED the mirroring of Sami and Will's reaction when EJ and Sonny tried to comfort them. Such a little thing, but so well done.
Yes I loved the mirroring too, and I loved how neither EJ or Sonny was having it and they held on to them anyway. EJ and Sonny seem to be the logical ones the thinkers and Sami and Will are the emotional ones but it works and it comes across beautifully.

Also loved the Will and Sami moment that was good she telling him its going to be okay, that was a good scene and Ali and Chandler played it so well.

Loved the ending EJ, Justin and Sonny and Will wow they looked like they could tear Adrienne apart. Loved the look Abe had too like ohhh its about to go down. Even Kristen looked concerned I was not expecting that. Good epi, ohh what are they going to say to Adrienne ohhhhhh!
:wub2: :wub2:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

lysie
Jul 23 2013, 09:50 PM
marie1969
Days is kicking ass these days. This story keep getting better and better. My heart broke for Sami today. The whole thing was heartbreaking and yet so good. I was proud of my girl Sami. She showed so much strength and courage. A lesser person would have fallen apart, but SGB soon to be Dimera kept her poker face on. She is a fighter and will roll with the punches. No matter what is thrown at her, she will dust herself off and get back on her feet. After all, she's got Ej freaking Dimera in her corner.

Reason number 1247693 why I love Ej Dimera. His love for his Samantha is incomparable. his devotion for her knows no boundaries. It is just amazing. From what he told Sami today, it is clear that Ej's gloves are coming off. No more nice guy. He is going to fight dirty and break every law in the book (and God helps anyone who stand in his way) in order to get his woman out of this mess. Salem better watch out because Vintage Ej Dimera is making a comeback. I hope Ej will go after Adrienne and the SP first. I know she is just doing her job, but she is a little too smug.

I have lost so much respect for Victor after today. Victor was a lot of things, but hypocrite was never one of them. I could not believe that Victor of all people was judging the Dimeras when he is as evil as they are and has committed as many crimes as they have. I know that Maggy has locked his balls away in the safe but come on. Pot meet Kettle.

I thought it was hilarious that both Nicole and Victor where outraged because Sami got away with murder, considering that both of them are murderers themselves and never paid for said murders. The funniest part of course was the fact that Victor was sharing this with the woman who once attempted to murder him LOL. OK writers, that was a good comedic relief.

Speaking of Nicole, she needs to STFU and take a seat. This is none of her fucking business. This is a family matter and she ain't family. You are the fucking secretary,not Eric's girlfriend, so go type something. She is merely a charity case and should be grateful she can smooch of off Eric while boinking his brother behind his back. Where the hell does she get off judging Sami anyway? She tried to kill her husband Victor, her lover Collin, kidnapped an infant from her mother at birth and last year used a dead child to get rid of the competition in order to hang to a man who did not want her. Nicole and her glass house LOL. Rant over. I feel better now.

Truth be told, I am not that worried about Sami because I know she's got Ej in her corner fighting for her and the truth will come out sonner or later. Then all of the hypocrite will eat crow. Meanwhile, I am excited about the return of sweetevil Ej.

Once again, there is not a single thing in this post that is even slightly close to what I watched today.
Like WHAT? Do we all just see what we want to see?! :blulaugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Fantastic66
Jul 23 2013, 10:04 PM
lysie
marie1969

Once again, there is not a single thing in this post that is even slightly close to what I watched today.
I am glad Sami will be in the Pokie
for a while.
I'M glad Everett is going away and Elvis is coming back!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I'm loving JE's performance as Adrienne, but I do think it's completely fair that Sonny is furious with her. It's not like her motives are about truth and justice, but rather she was lashing out at Sami and by extension Will. Sure, Adrienne can say that she wanted the truth to come out, was concerned about the letter of the law and felt bad for Berndari's widow, but those are secondary concerns at best.

Adrienne is being unfair. If she were upset about Will's fatherhood or his own history of making questionable decisions, that would be one thing. But she is holding Will responsible for his mother's character, and that not only isn't fair, it pretty hypocritical - especially in light of the fact that Adrienne's family history is hardly squeaky clean.

I would like to see Will be more circumspect than Sonny because he understands his mother and her history better than anyone, while Sonny seems to be used to his parents loving and trusting him unconditionally. Sonny is young adult who owns his own business and lives independently. He's by all accounts been a good son who has happened to fall in love with a young man with a troubled history. His mom betrayed him out of spite and trying to control his life.

And while I'm enjoying this storyline and JE's performance, I am a little uncomfortable with the characterization of Adrienne as this much of a controlling shrew who can't let her son live his own life. This is the person who loved and forgave Jack before anyone else did. This is the person who forgave Justin some pretty heavy transgressions, and she made some mistakes of her own along the way.

I will say that JE's performance is really elevating the writing though. She's making me believe that Adrienne knows what she has done is not okay and she's infusing the dialogue with conflict that another actress might evoke.

But you put the writing for Adrienne and the writing for Maggie together, and you get a theme of women of a certain age having nothing better to do than control their adult son's love lives and I wish both characters got better writing.

Edited by Honeybees, Jul 24 2013, 08:41 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Jul 24 2013, 08:20 AM
lysie
marie1969

I think I'd be enjoying it more if I were seeing what I wanted to see, lol. I didn't see anything even slightly portrayed as heartbreaking. It wouldn't have broken my heart regardless but it didn't even come across to me like that's what they were going for. It's a bit early for that anyway. Sami definitely wasn't strong and courageous and there was no poker face. Meanwhile, Victor being a hypocrite is absolutely nothing new. And while the description of the Eric/Nicole stuff is how I expected it to play out, it's not what actually happened. And finally, EJ hasn't been playing Mr. Nice Guy with this case from the beginning. I'm no Safe fan but at this point his love for her is absolutely comparable to Rafe's. He's basically doing the same thing Rafe did when she shot EJ and Arianna died.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 23 2013, 11:00 PM
You know...I never blamed Sami for Arianna's death, but until tonight it had never occurred to me just how similar that story is to this one. Sami is basically identical in both, and EJ has Rafe's role. Will is still Will. Weird.
The difference for me is how everyone is treating Sami. They aren't treating her like some heroine who has done nothing wrong. They're treating her like Sami.

I hated her in that story. Bitch tried to kill Arianna & nothing was ever said about it. And I loathed Rafe. He was willing to throw his sister under the bus (literally) for the heroine Sami. Blech.

I like her better as she's portrayed now. Selfish, conniving, and no one really trusts what she's saying.

As for EJ, I'm hoping when he said he'd handle things as he always does, we'll see some Dimeraness.

IMO, this story is miles better than the Arianna one.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jul 24 2013, 09:17 AM
lysie
You know...I never blamed Sami for Arianna's death, but until tonight it had never occurred to me just how similar that story is to this one. Sami is basically identical in both, and EJ has Rafe's role. Will is still Will. Weird.
The difference for me is how everyone is treating Sami. They aren't treating her like some heroine who has done nothing wrong. They're treating her like Sami.

I hated her in that story. Bitch tried to kill Arianna & nothing was ever said about it. And I loathed Rafe. He was willing to throw his sister under the bus (literally) for the heroine Sami. Blech.

I like her better as she's portrayed now. Selfish, conniving, and no one really trusts what she's saying.

As for EJ, I'm hoping when he said he'd handle things as he always does, we'll see some Dimeraness.

I agree that it's better but I think they're pretty much treating her the same. Sonny and Chad ready to offer her sainthood. And EJ has basically thrown Chad under the bus too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 24 2013, 09:20 AM
SoapGal1
lysie

I agree that it's better but I think they're pretty much treating her the same. Sonny and Chad ready to offer her sainthood. And EJ has basically thrown Chad under the bus too.
I disagree.

Sami was never arrested for shooting EJ or for attacking Arianna.

EJ has never told Chad he would bring up all his skeletons to discredit his story. In fact, he's asked him to move in with them.

PS. We should've made all this rhyme.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jul 24 2013, 09:27 AM
lysie
SoapGal1
lysie

I disagree.

EJ has never told Chad he would bring up all his skeletons to discredit his story. In fact, he's asked him to move in with them.

Nice job of pulling out two random details and completely ignoring the characters in the stories, lol. Also, Sami was wearing blue today and probably wasn't then either.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 24 2013, 10:14 AM
SoapGal1
Jul 24 2013, 09:27 AM
lysie
SoapGal1

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I disagree.

Nice job of pulling out two random details and completely ignoring the characters in the stories, lol. Also, Sami was wearing blue today and probably wasn't then either.
Of course not. All she wore was PLAID back then.
Online Profile Goto Top

Not Amused
Member Avatar

I feel like the only difference between current Sami and 2010 Sami is that she's with a different guy. Sami is still treated as a saint. Sure she gets called out here and there but it doesn't help that the people who call her out are treated as the bad guys or burnt at the stake. (Ex: Adrienne, Nicole, Kristen)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

lysie
Jul 24 2013, 08:44 AM
Sweet and Salty
Jul 24 2013, 08:20 AM
lysie
marie1969

I think I'd be enjoying it more if I were seeing what I wanted to see, lol. I didn't see anything even slightly portrayed as heartbreaking. It wouldn't have broken my heart regardless but it didn't even come across to me like that's what they were going for. It's a bit early for that anyway. Sami definitely wasn't strong and courageous and there was no poker face. Meanwhile, Victor being a hypocrite is absolutely nothing new. And while the description of the Eric/Nicole stuff is how I expected it to play out, it's not what actually happened. And finally, EJ hasn't been playing Mr. Nice Guy with this case from the beginning. I'm no Safe fan but at this point his love for her is absolutely comparable to Rafe's. He's basically doing the same thing Rafe did when she shot EJ and Arianna died.
Gotcha!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic