Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, July 23rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 23 2013, 08:17 AM (14,105 Views)
Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

KMan101
Jul 24 2013, 06:21 AM
And I miss Bo too, Caroline. But they HAVE to address this. It's been 9 months. Seriously. Hope literally could be having another child at this point (though not quite, both time-wise and age wise but this is DAYS). DO SOMETHING writers.
SO MUCH THIS!!!! i'm hoping that the fact that Ken & Peter couldn't work something out means that Ken will give the green light to address where the hell Bo has been & what he's been doing (& then hopefully kill him off so Hope can be free).
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

DaraFan
Jul 24 2013, 11:02 AM
I feel like the only difference between current Sami and 2010 Sami is that she's with a different guy. Sami is still treated as a saint. Sure she gets called out here and there but it doesn't help that the people who call her out are treated as the bad guys or burnt at the stake. (Ex: Adrienne, Nicole, Kristen)
agreed. Roman's all "i'm behind you, Sami" and everyone else seems to be. with the one exception of Hope, who's still trying to keep Sami safe (because that's her job), but she's not outright saying that she believes that Sami is innocent.
Sami shot someone, and she didn't shoot them because she felt her life was threatened. she shot them because she took 2 seconds, if that, to analyze a situation, jumped to a conclusion, and then fired a gun. i don't believe that Sami didn't know it was Bernardi.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 24 2013, 10:14 AM
SoapGal1
Jul 24 2013, 09:27 AM
lysie
Jul 24 2013, 09:20 AM
SoapGal1
Jul 24 2013, 09:17 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I agree that it's better but I think they're pretty much treating her the same. Sonny and Chad ready to offer her sainthood. And EJ has basically thrown Chad under the bus too.
I disagree.

Sami was never arrested for shooting EJ or for attacking Arianna.

EJ has never told Chad he would bring up all his skeletons to discredit his story. In fact, he's asked him to move in with them.

PS. We should've made all this rhyme.
Nice job of pulling out two random details and completely ignoring the characters in the stories, lol. Also, Sami was wearing blue today and probably wasn't then either.
Those aren't random details.

Sami is the main character in both of these stories.

You just don't like my details.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jul 24 2013, 11:58 AM
lysie
SoapGal1
lysie
Jul 24 2013, 09:20 AM

I disagree.

Sami was never arrested for shooting EJ or for attacking Arianna.

EJ has never told Chad he would bring up all his skeletons to discredit his story. In fact, he's asked him to move in with them.

PS. We should've made all this rhyme.
Nice job of pulling out two random details and completely ignoring the characters in the stories, lol. Also, Sami was wearing blue today and probably wasn't then either.

No, they're just not really relevant. In both cases Sami shot someone and tried (and succeeded) to get away with it. In both cases, her significant other covered for her at the expense of family. In both cases there was a person with a pretty weak motive determined to make her pay and despite the fact that the person had some good points, no one supported them accept for the person going against Sami. Her arrogance and justification are playing out similarly. There are obviously some details that are different. I doubt Adrienne will die and Sami completely side stepped anything legal back then, but the structure of the stories and the characterizations of the main characters involved are all VERY similar.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 24 2013, 01:44 PM
SoapGal1
lysie
SoapGal1

No, they're just not really relevant. In both cases Sami shot someone and tried (and succeeded) to get away with it. In both cases, her significant other covered for her at the expense of family. In both cases there was a person with a pretty weak motive determined to make her pay and despite the fact that the person had some good points, no one supported them accept for the person going against Sami. Her arrogance and justification are playing out similarly. There are obviously some details that are different. I doubt Adrienne will die and Sami completely side stepped anything legal back then, but the structure of the stories and the characterizations of the main characters involved are all VERY similar.
Yeah well, EJ is hotter than Rafe. So there.

Really though, I have to admit that you're mostly right. But I still think EJ wears the willing-to-do-anything-to-protect-Sami hat better than Rafe does. Up until that story, Rafe was Dudley Do Right and all of a sudden, he was willing to break the law and throw his sister under the bus. I think it turned Rafe from just being a boring character into being a boring plus inconsistent character. On the other hand, it's much more "in character" that EJ is willing to break any law and hurt whoever he needs to hurt in order to get Sami out of jail.

And plus, EJ is hotter than Rafe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Tom, I agree with your point about Rafe being inconsistent and I think things like that hurt the story as a whole. Nearly everyone on Sami's side was written out of character to advance the plot. This story works partially because people are being themselves. Hope and Abe might not enjoy putting Sami behind bars, but they did it. They're not telling her about legal loopholes she can use to escape prison time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jul 25 2013, 12:26 AM
lysie
SoapGal1
lysie

Really though, I have to admit that you're mostly right. But I still think EJ wears the willing-to-do-anything-to-protect-Sami hat better than Rafe does. Up until that story, Rafe was Dudley Do Right and all of a sudden, he was willing to break the law and throw his sister under the bus. I think it turned Rafe from just being a boring character into being a boring plus inconsistent character. On the other hand, it's much more "in character" that EJ is willing to break any law and hurt whoever he needs to hurt in order to get Sami out of jail.

Oh I don't disagree with that though I also don't think EJ is exactly a shining example of consistent writing. I do think the current story is being written better, but I think it's kind of interesting how similar it is to the previous one.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

lysie
Jul 25 2013, 08:53 AM
tomsawyer
lysie
SoapGal1

Oh I don't disagree with that though I also don't think EJ is exactly a shining example of consistent writing. I do think the current story is being written better, but I think it's kind of interesting how similar it is to the previous one.

No he is not. I donīt have a big problem with the inconsistent writing for EJ since I like him both good and bad, but I can see the problem with it and that it would have been better to had written him in a consistent way. I love Ejamiīs chemistry but I am a Little concerned whether or not itīs possible to combine EJīs dark side with Ejami he shouldnīt change to much for her, even if Everett is enjoyable too. Iīm happy that they are writing for Ejami since I enjoy them a lot, but Iīm not sure if itīs best for the show to pair them since not everyone likes them. It might have been better for the show if they had gone with Lumi and focused on finding an other love interest for EJ that would be more accepting of his dark side and someone that he has chemistry with that the Ejami fans would accept which isnīt Nicole. I might be okey with Ejole at least I think they have chemistry opposite each other but I think most ejami fans wouldnīt.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
lysie
SoapGal1
lysie

Tom, I agree with a couple of your points, mainly that EJ is hotter than Rafe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jul 25 2013, 09:27 AM
lysie
tomsawyer
lysie

No he is not. I donīt have a big problem with the inconsistent writing for EJ since I like him both good and bad, but I can see the problem with it and that it would have been better to had written him in a consistent way. I love Ejamiīs chemistry but I am a Little concerned whether or not itīs possible to combine EJīs dark side with Ejami he shouldnīt change to much for her, even if Everett is enjoyable too. Iīm happy that they are writing for Ejami since I enjoy them a lot, but Iīm not sure if itīs best for the show to pair them since not everyone likes them. It might have been better for the show if they had gone with Lumi and focused on finding an other love interest for EJ that would be more accepting of his dark side and someone that he has chemistry with that the Ejami fans would accept which isnīt Nicole. I might be okey with Ejole at least I think they have chemistry opposite each other but I think most ejami fans wouldnīt.
Why should the writers cater to who the ejamis would accept? Nicole accepts his darkside, has chemistry with him, is played by a fantastic actress, and EJ can be a villian and a love intrest at the same time, but the writers absolutly can't do that because one fanbase doesn't like the woman?

The writers didn't have any problem destroying history and fucking over the Jarlena's, J&J's, Lumi's etc etc. who have been fans of the show long before the ejami fanbase exsisted.
Edited by TreasureCove, Jul 25 2013, 02:26 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

tomsawyer
lysie
SoapGal1
lysie

IDK...Rafe had been breaking the law ever since he met Sami, lol...he didn't turn into dudley do right....he helped Sami cover Sydney from EJ. He forged adoption paperwork to make that child legally his knowing he had a father. He bend the rules on a number of occasions when he was trying to get the information that Ej was the one behind the Sydnapping....and then obviously he continued when he covered Sami's crime after she shot EJ...then he passed off as the father of Nicole's baby....he's known about what his sister did and hasn't said shit.....pretty much this idea that Rafe is this dudley do right character isn't valid so much, since we've seen him do a lot of shit that necessarily wouldn't fall into that label.

I might not like the character but I don't agree that Rafe doesn't wear the 'willing to do anything for Sami' hat better than EJ, if anything the fact that he hasn't directly targeted Sami and tried to purposely hurt her in the past makes it a way more believable hat than EJ seems to be wearing now....especially when in the past, Ej HASN'T worn that hat very often....and has done more with the 'willing to harm Sami anyway I can' hat than anyone else has.....if you compare both men, Rafe historically has been willing to go a step above and beyond to help Sami in any way he can....he's put his life, career and even his family in jeopardy to make it happen.....

Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

TreasureCove
Jul 25 2013, 02:23 PM
S loves EJ
lysie
tomsawyer

Why should the writers cater to who the ejamis would accept? Nicole accepts his darkside, has chemistry with him, is played by a fantastic actress, and EJ can be a villian and a love intrest at the same time, but the writers absolutly can't do that because one fanbase doesn't like the woman?

The writers didn't have any problem destroying history and fucking over the Jarlena's, J&J's, Lumi's etc etc. who have been fans of the show long before the ejami fanbase exsisted.

Because the writers should write what brings in the most Viewers and the best ratings, if they didnīt care what the Ejami fans wanted they would loose them, any loss is bad. That goes for other fanbases aswell the writers should have cared about them that is why I said in my post it might have been better for the show overall if they had went with Lumi instead of Ejami but that only applies if they would have found someone else for EJ that the Ejami fans would have liked.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

S loves EJ
Jul 25 2013, 02:40 PM
TreasureCove
S loves EJ
lysie

Because the writers should write what brings in the most Viewers and the best ratings, if they didnīt care what the Ejami fans wanted they would loose them, any loss is bad. That goes for other fanbases aswell the writers should have cared about them that is why I said in my post it might have been better for the show overall if they had went with Lumi instead of Ejami but that only applies if they would have found someone else for EJ that the Ejami fans would have liked.
I'm an EJami fan and I like Nicole. But because I'm an EJami fan I want to see EJ paired with Sami. It's pointless to argue what an entire fan base will or won't accept because people within the fan base have various opinions - but it's pretty safe to say if they ship a couple they won't be all that accepting of either of them paired with anyone else.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

S loves EJ
TreasureCove
S loves EJ
lysie

but instead they lose the Lucas, Jack, John, Jarlena, J&J, Lumi, Safe, Rafe fans? it makes no sense either way you slice or dice it. In the end, TPTB SHOULD write good stories that incorporate the ENTIRE CAST. THeir cast now is not bloated like GH's is...it can easily incorporate pretty much everyone in good beats in every story....instead it focuses on a select 4 characters and it has the others as filler. They focus on their favorites and marginalize fan faves instead. The only reason Days is not suffering more now in the ratings department is because it seems the 'stories' are captivating viewers. I might not like that Lucas isn't on and I can't ship Lumi anymore until Sami gets the brain chip out of her head but I am engaged in Ericole and I think the Bristen story is good because I'm invested in what happens to Ericole. I was invested in the Will baby story because it was well written, filled with tons of angst and it involved the son of one of my favorite pairings ever on the show....so that is why I'm still watching....would I be over the moon if Lucas had a story and a new love interest, shit yeah......I'd be watching live probably if that was taking place....now I watch the DVR'd version and if it's too boring I shut it off...simple as that....
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jul 25 2013, 02:49 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 25 2013, 02:34 PM
tomsawyer
lysie
SoapGal1

IDK...Rafe had been breaking the law ever since he met Sami, lol...he didn't turn into dudley do right....he helped Sami cover Sydney from EJ. He forged adoption paperwork to make that child legally his knowing he had a father. He bend the rules on a number of occasions when he was trying to get the information that Ej was the one behind the Sydnapping....and then obviously he continued when he covered Sami's crime after she shot EJ...then he passed off as the father of Nicole's baby....he's known about what his sister did and hasn't said shit.....pretty much this idea that Rafe is this dudley do right character isn't valid so much, since we've seen him do a lot of shit that necessarily wouldn't fall into that label.

I might not like the character but I don't agree that Rafe doesn't wear the 'willing to do anything for Sami' hat better than EJ, if anything the fact that he hasn't directly targeted Sami and tried to purposely hurt her in the past makes it a way more believable hat than EJ seems to be wearing now....especially when in the past, Ej HASN'T worn that hat very often....and has done more with the 'willing to harm Sami anyway I can' hat than anyone else has.....if you compare both men, Rafe historically has been willing to go a step above and beyond to help Sami in any way he can....he's put his life, career and even his family in jeopardy to make it happen.....

Despite the fact that you ignored my most impressive argument (that EJ is hotter than Rafe), I guess I will still respond. :P

I think you actually made my point really well. Other than planning to forge adoption papers, I can't recall Rafe coming close to breaking any laws for his first two years on the show. I mean, he was mean to Anna when he interrogated her, but I don't think that's illegal. I don't know, maybe he did a bunch of illegal shit I'm forgetting, but apparently it wasn't very memorable to either of us.

But yeah, after Sami shot EJ, Rafe did start doing more illegal shit and started not caring about hurting his family if it meant protecting Sami, hence that being the turning point to him being a less consistent character. Honestly, I think they were trying to make him edgier because he was too Dudley Do Right before then. I don't think it worked very well though, LOL.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

I believe I just said that they should write for the entire cast.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

I thought they were going more for a rogue character, where getting justice and doing the right thing, even the wrong way, is more important than following the rules.

Thus, if illegally adopting a baby protects her from a dangerous family, he'll do it. Stealing a woman's clotheing/towel leaving her helpless and naked in a bathroom is a terrible thing to do, but if it keeps her from going out and getting herself killed, he has no problem doing it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

SocRMum1
Jul 25 2013, 02:47 PM
S loves EJ
TreasureCove
S loves EJ

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepthat the Ejami fans would accept which isnīt Nicole. I might be okey with Ejole at least I think they have chemistry opposite each other but I think most ejami fans wouldnīt.

I'm an EJami fan and I like Nicole. But because I'm an EJami fan I want to see EJ paired with Sami. It's pointless to argue what an entire fan base will or won't accept because people within the fan base have various opinions - but it's pretty safe to say if they ship a couple they won't be all that accepting of either of them paired with anyone else.

I understand if you ship a couple that you donīt want them paired with anyone else, but I think people should be open to give new pairings a chance before saying no to them the same with recasting.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jul 25 2013, 02:53 PM
LuvingLumi
Jul 25 2013, 02:34 PM
tomsawyer
lysie

Despite the fact that you ignored my most impressive argument (that EJ is hotter than Rafe), I guess I will still respond. :P

I think you actually made my point really well. Other than planning to forge adoption papers, I can't recall Rafe coming close to breaking any laws for his first two years on the show. I mean, he was mean to Anna when he interrogated her, but I don't think that's illegal. I don't know, maybe he did a bunch of illegal shit I'm forgetting, but apparently it wasn't very memorable to either of us.

But yeah, after Sami shot EJ, Rafe did start doing more illegal shit and started not caring about hurting his family if it meant protecting Sami, hence that being the turning point to him being a less consistent character. Honestly, I think they were trying to make him edgier because he was too Dudley Do Right before then. I don't think it worked very well though, LOL.
He broke into the Dimera mansion and pretended to be the cable guy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Oh and EJ being hotter than Rafe isn't an argument. It's a matter of opinion.

"One of the most common misconceptions about philosophy is that philosophical views are just opinions and hence any view is just as good (or bad) as any other.

An opinion is a belief. In common usage, to say “it is my opinion that X” is to say “I believe X.” An opinion is also typically taken as an unsupported opinion. That is, a belief that is not backed up with reasons or evidence. An opinion can become a fact-a belief that is adequately backed up by evidence or reasons.

This particular misconception involves thinking that all philosophical views are just opinions and can never reach the status of being facts. Those who fall victim to this misconception assume that there are no better or worse opinions on philosophical matters. So, any position is as good as any other and there is really no point in discussing it. From this is generally thought that once you have stated your opinion, that is enough and it should be accepted as being as good as anyone else’s opinion.

This misconception typically involves two assumptions: philosophical positions are simply opinions and the assumption that all opinions are equally good. These assumptions are appealing, but mistaken.

In regards to the first assumption, it is true that philosophy begins with an opinion-what a person thinks about a particular issue. However, the practice of philosophy involves reasoning about and arguing for the position in question. A position backed up with arguments is not simply a matter of opinion-the position is now supported with evidence and reasons. Given that logic and reasoning are not simply matters of opinion, these supported positions cannot be dismissed as being simply matters of opinion. If someone wishes to disagree with a supported position, they will need to provide arguments of their own-otherwise there is no reason to accept their opinion over the supported opinion. Thus, supported philosophical positions are not simply opinions."
Edited by concerned, Jul 26 2013, 04:02 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic