Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, July 23rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 23 2013, 08:17 AM (14,429 Views)
gailwinters
Member Avatar

Quote:

Oh and EJ being hotter than Rafe isn't an argument. It's a matter of opinion.

Nah....gotta go with Tom....it's a fact.
Online Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jul 26 2013, 06:32 AM
Quote:

Yep. Fact.

I don't think it's out of character for Rafe to do illegal things, but I did find it out of character for him to treat Ari badly, simply because she was trying to do the right thing. Once Rafe's insta-family materialized, we were told he was a good brother, very protective etc. then he decides he's willing to ruin Arianna without having any internal conflict about what he's doing?

TreasureCove
Jul 25 2013, 02:23 PM
S loves EJ
Jul 25 2013, 09:27 AM
lysie
Jul 25 2013, 08:53 AM
tomsawyer
Jul 25 2013, 12:26 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Oh I don't disagree with that though I also don't think EJ is exactly a shining example of consistent writing. I do think the current story is being written better, but I think it's kind of interesting how similar it is to the previous one.

No he is not. I donīt have a big problem with the inconsistent writing for EJ since I like him both good and bad, but I can see the problem with it and that it would have been better to had written him in a consistent way. I love Ejamiīs chemistry but I am a Little concerned whether or not itīs possible to combine EJīs dark side with Ejami he shouldnīt change to much for her, even if Everett is enjoyable too. Iīm happy that they are writing for Ejami since I enjoy them a lot, but Iīm not sure if itīs best for the show to pair them since not everyone likes them. It might have been better for the show if they had gone with Lumi and focused on finding an other love interest for EJ that would be more accepting of his dark side and someone that he has chemistry with that the Ejami fans would accept which isnīt Nicole. I might be okey with Ejole at least I think they have chemistry opposite each other but I think most ejami fans wouldnīt.
Why should the writers cater to who the ejamis would accept? Nicole accepts his darkside, has chemistry with him, is played by a fantastic actress, and EJ can be a villian and a love intrest at the same time, but the writers absolutly can't do that because one fanbase doesn't like the woman?

The writers didn't have any problem destroying history and fucking over the Jarlena's, J&J's, Lumi's etc etc. who have been fans of the show long before the ejami fanbase exsisted.
Leaving aside that it's unrealistic to think Days could create a new pairing that would outshine ejami for their fans as a whole; apparently the writers should be catering to them for the same reason that everyone else feels they should be catered to.
Edited by six, Jul 26 2013, 07:46 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

concerned
Jul 26 2013, 04:00 AM

"One of the most common misconceptions about philosophy is that philosophical views are just opinions and hence any view is just as good (or bad) as any other.

An opinion is a belief. In common usage, to say “it is my opinion that X” is to say “I believe X.” An opinion is also typically taken as an unsupported opinion. That is, a belief that is not backed up with reasons or evidence. An opinion can become a fact-a belief that is adequately backed up by evidence or reasons.

This particular misconception involves thinking that all philosophical views are just opinions and can never reach the status of being facts. Those who fall victim to this misconception assume that there are no better or worse opinions on philosophical matters. So, any position is as good as any other and there is really no point in discussing it. From this is generally thought that once you have stated your opinion, that is enough and it should be accepted as being as good as anyone else’s opinion.

This misconception typically involves two assumptions: philosophical positions are simply opinions and the assumption that all opinions are equally good. These assumptions are appealing, but mistaken.

In regards to the first assumption, it is true that philosophy begins with an opinion-what a person thinks about a particular issue. However, the practice of philosophy involves reasoning about and arguing for the position in question. A position backed up with arguments is not simply a matter of opinion-the position is now supported with evidence and reasons. Given that logic and reasoning are not simply matters of opinion, these supported positions cannot be dismissed as being simply matters of opinion. If someone wishes to disagree with a supported position, they will need to provide arguments of their own-otherwise there is no reason to accept their opinion over the supported opinion. Thus, supported philosophical positions are not simply opinions."
Um, I was joking that it was a valid argument.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Quote:

Yep. Fact.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

gailwinters
Quote:

In a way itīs a matter of opinion, but I think JS has more of male model look than GG.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic