Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of August 5th; *updated 7/28*
Topic Started: Jul 24 2013, 12:04 AM (32,978 Views)
WillFan
Member Avatar

National Enquirer Spoilers

* EJ and Sami receive some short-lived good news
* Theresa gains a new ally.
* Jennifer makes an unexpected and most surprising move
* Adrienne genuinely fears for her marriage
* Marlena and Kristen have a heated arguments

http://rogue-ejami.com/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

WillFan
Jul 24 2013, 12:58 PM

Not spoilers related but - I love your avi. :wub:

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

WillFan

It's Anne, lol.

Can't wait to see that Kristen/Marlena scene. Hopefully, this time they actually fight.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Anne is just putting herself out there to befriend anyone who hates Jennifer. It's hilarious, but I'm still not any closer to understanding why this adult woman, who otherwise seems to be a successful professional, has such a strong, abiding preoccupation with her. Flesh it out a bit more. Give us something juicy. We have two audience proxies for Dannifer hate - J.J. for Daniel and Anne for Jennifer. And only J.J.'s hate makes some kind of sense.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jul 24 2013, 12:14 AM
Wait. Kristen destroys the tape?

Good.
Where does it say that the tape is destroyed?

LonePirate
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Jul 24 2013, 01:07 PM
Anne is just putting herself out there to befriend anyone who hates Jennifer. It's hilarious, but I'm still not any closer to understanding why this adult woman, who otherwise seems to be a successful professional, has such a strong, abiding preoccupation with her. Flesh it out a bit more. Give us something juicy. We have two audience proxies for Dannifer hate - J.J. for Daniel and Anne for Jennifer. And only J.J.'s hate makes some kind of sense.
Anne's hatred of Jennifer makes sense to me. She believes Jennifer used her name and family to land a job that Anne wanted and felt she was more qualified to do. Since receiving the job, Anne believes Jennifer spends very little time at work actually working and does a pretty crappy job when she does work.

This sort of petty, workplace drama happens all of the time in the real world. Days has simply amped up the drama like it does with everything else. I'm Team Anne all the way as I think she is a very entertaining character and the target of her hate so richly deserves it.
Edited by LonePirate, Jul 24 2013, 01:59 PM.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

I like Anne as well, but I think they should delve into a deeper hatred of all things Horton. Yes, they could chalk it up to the fact that Jennifer used her name to get her job, but why not go further and say Bill Horton destroyed her parents marriage when he had an affair with her mother? NOT that she's Bill's daughter or there's another Horton floating around out there, but that could also bring up the potential return of Bill Horton for Kate to rekindle her romance with, and it would give Jennifer someone besides Daniel to look out for her, PLUS Bill could give JJ an earful about disrespecting his mothers disgusting choice in men. And if they developed Anne a bit more and we got to know her & actually care about her (or not, depending) she could be a potential love interest for Fauxman so he could stop panting after Duck and perhaps, for the first time in years, actually get the man laid. Just a thought, anyway.

WillFan
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Jul 24 2013, 01:00 PM
WillFan

Not spoilers related but - I love your avi. :wub:
:thankyou:

am103
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Jul 24 2013, 09:27 AM
Mean, Mean, Mean!
Jul 24 2013, 08:22 AM
As much as it LITTERALLY pains me to defend it.... Daniel is his doctor, who is trying to find out what happened... it does... make sense...
It would have made more sense if it were Kayla.
Exactly. I'm so tired of Kayla being upstaged by Daniel in the doctor department. It's just another reason for Daniel to have more screen-time and for Kayla to have none. My biggest fear is what will happen if the show decides to give us Daniel/Kristen someday. Remember when Daniel became so involved in Nicole's story early last year? Just saying, lol.

blueskies
Member Avatar

WillFan

I'm sooo looking forward to this one.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jul 24 2013, 01:53 PM
JessicaLeigh
Jul 24 2013, 01:07 PM
Anne's hatred of Jennifer makes sense to me. She believes Jennifer used her name and family to land a job that Anne wanted and felt she was more qualified to do. Since receiving the job, Anne believes Jennifer spends very little time at work actually working and does a pretty crappy job when she does work.

This sort of petty, workplace drama happens all of the time in the real world. Days has simply amped up the drama like it does with everything else. I'm Team Anne all the way as I think she is a very entertaining character and the target of her hate so richly deserves it.
I get that Anne hates the nepotism that she feels has landed Jennifer a cushy job at the hospital. I get it and I would feel the same way. That, however, does not really explain or flesh out to me why her hatred is so INTENSE and such a MAJOR preoccupation of her existence. She let it consume her life when she was pals with Chloe. That, to me, is not an altogether proportionate response to the things she dislikes about Jennifer. Nepotism is ugly, annoying, sometimes even infuriating, but it is a fact of life in many, many professions, workplaces and other areas. That's why I want something more. I love her snark, but I want her to be a bit more multi-dimensional so that it isn't so obvious she's just an audience proxy.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Jul 24 2013, 02:01 PM
I like Anne as well, but I think they should delve into a deeper hatred of all things Horton. Yes, they could chalk it up to the fact that Jennifer used her name to get her job, but why not go further and say Bill Horton destroyed her parents marriage when he had an affair with her mother? NOT that she's Bill's daughter or there's another Horton floating around out there, but that could also bring up the potential return of Bill Horton for Kate to rekindle her romance with, and it would give Jennifer someone besides Daniel to look out for her, PLUS Bill could give JJ an earful about disrespecting his mothers disgusting choice in men. And if they developed Anne a bit more and we got to know her & actually care about her (or not, depending) she could be a potential love interest for Fauxman so he could stop panting after Duck and perhaps, for the first time in years, actually get the man laid. Just a thought, anyway.
This is exactly the kind of thing I was getting at.

AFaithL

am103
Jul 24 2013, 03:03 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Jul 24 2013, 09:27 AM
Mean, Mean, Mean!
Jul 24 2013, 08:22 AM
As much as it LITTERALLY pains me to defend it.... Daniel is his doctor, who is trying to find out what happened... it does... make sense...
It would have made more sense if it were Kayla.
Exactly. I'm so tired of Kayla being upstaged by Daniel in the doctor department. It's just another reason for Daniel to have more screen-time and for Kayla to have none. My biggest fear is what will happen if the show decides to give us Daniel/Kristen someday. Remember when Daniel became so involved in Nicole's story early last year? Just saying, lol.
If they even attempt to pair Daniel and Kristen, I'm flying to Burbank to punch someone in the face. I'd rather Chloe come back for Daniel. I NEVER want Kristen with him. She is too good or him.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

WillFan

I'm here for all of this! :popcorn: :rockon:

angie37
Member Avatar

Oh, Adrienne, I just want to give you a big old hug. I'm glad you didn't cave and go to Sami's minions first, minions who would have done their best to talk you into destroying the tape.

And if Justin leaves you because of your actions, I'm coming to Salem to have a talk with a certain attorney...

Sevprince

Quote:

This marriage and Sonny (cause after Victor's speech last episode, I'm worried) better survive this Ejami, Will hurricane. :soapbox:

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Wally said in an interview that Justin and Adrienne are only getting air time because they're being used for EJ and Sami. Once they're done with them they'll probably be tossed aside like everyone else. :badmood:

ArnoldFinnegan
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Jul 24 2013, 07:58 PM
Wally said in an interview that Justin and Adrienne are only getting air time because they're being used for EJ and Sami. Once they're done with them they'll probably be tossed aside like everyone else. :badmood:
I wish it was the other way around.

angie37
Member Avatar

ArnoldFinnegan
Jul 24 2013, 08:34 PM
TreasureCove
Jul 24 2013, 07:58 PM
I wish it was the other way around.
You took the words right off my keyboard.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Does it matter why? He's getting a good amount of screen time and so is Judi. They do have their own story that also ties into the EJami stuff. This is what Days has been lacking for so long. I care more about the Kiriakis family drama than I do the Sami is in jail part of the story, but if it pushes them closer to the frontburner than I'm all for it! I think/hope that Wally is still getting a good amount of work because when he does tweet he praises the show a lot and seems very proud of the shows he shot. I don't think he would feel that way if he thought the show was just using him.

Michael Logan did an interview with Judi Evans and I'm dying to read it. Hopefully he asks if they're still working a lot.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply