Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, July 24th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 24 2013, 07:04 AM (17,760 Views)
tomsawyer
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jul 25 2013, 09:55 AM
mollymay
Jul 25 2013, 09:38 AM
LuvingLumi
Jul 25 2013, 09:33 AM
lysie
Jul 25 2013, 08:47 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
and that is why her family had that intervention at the church, to try to convince her that regardless of is she went through and married him, it wouldn't really make a different. You see this is the story that began to make Sami really look like an idiot....the fact that she even trusted Stefano was bad...and sure Shawn's recollection of the events didn't help but that wasn't the focus in the beginning. The fact that Sami blindly went along with this entire thing and never questioned Stefano is bizarre. She knew he was a liar and trusted his word anyway? Seriously.....what a load of bullshit. SO for anyone that says that Sami refused to be with Ej because her family wanted her with someone else is a load of crap...Sami didn't listen to her family and married Ej anyway.....baloney
I don't think it made Sami look like an idiot. I think it made her look like deep down she still loved EJ, even though she hated he was a DiMera. It was obvious she had fallen in love with EJ despite what Lucas/Will did to sabotage them and if I remember correctly her decision to go back to Lucas was based in part to Will's constant whinning about making them a "family".

Now I'm not saying she didin't love Lucas...but deep down she loved EJ too and she used the vendetta wedding to indirectly get what she really wanted.
Didn't she cheat on EJ after she married him with Lucas? And I remember Stefano threatening her telling her she better go into EJ's hospital room and act like a wife who cared. I don't remember her wanting to be a real wife to him.
She did cheat on EJ with Lucas.

The writing for Sami was so weird during that time. On one hand, she sometimes acted like she hated EJ and only wanted Lucas. On the other hand, we had her conversations with Colleen and her taking her "act" with EJ a little far (often kissing on him) that made it seem like she had feelings for EJ that she wasn't acknowledging. I'm not sure what we were supposed to take away from it honestly.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

camera shy
mollymay
LuvingLumi
lysie

and that is why her family had that intervention at the church, to try to convince her that regardless of is she went through and married him, it wouldn't really make a different. You see this is the story that began to make Sami really look like an idiot....the fact that she even trusted Stefano was bad...and sure Shawn's recollection of the events didn't help but that wasn't the focus in the beginning. The fact that Sami blindly went along with this entire thing and never questioned Stefano is bizarre. She knew he was a liar and trusted his word anyway? Seriously.....what a load of bullshit. SO for anyone that says that Sami refused to be with Ej because her family wanted her with someone else is a load of crap...Sami didn't listen to her family and married Ej anyway.....baloney
I don't think it made Sami look like an idiot. I think it made her look like deep down she still loved EJ, even though she hated he was a DiMera. It was obvious she had fallen in love with EJ despite what Lucas/Will did to sabotage them and if I remember correctly her decision to go back to Lucas was based in part to Will's constant whinning about making them a "family".

Now I'm not saying she didin't love Lucas...but deep down she loved EJ too and she used the vendetta wedding to indirectly get what she really wanted.
Didn't she cheat on EJ after she married him with Lucas? And I remember Stefano threatening her telling her she better go into EJ's hospital room and act like a wife who cared. I don't remember her wanting to be a real wife to him.

I think Sami was written inconsistently at the time there was time it looked like she loved Lucas and hated EJ, but there were other scenes when it looked like Sami was in denial about her feelings for EJ. Lucas told Billie he thought Sami might be fallen for EJ, and he told Sami at the hospital after she had the twins that EJ wanted her in her bed and she told him that it would never happend but it was obvious that Lucas was worried that it would happend and he was right.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

tomsawyer
Jul 25 2013, 10:02 AM
camera shy
mollymay
LuvingLumi

The writing for Sami was so weird during that time. On one hand, she sometimes acted like she hated EJ and only wanted Lucas. On the other hand, we had her conversations with Colleen and her taking her "act" with EJ a little far (often kissing on him) that made it seem like she had feelings for EJ that she wasn't acknowledging. I'm not sure what we were supposed to take away from it honestly.
that it was a cluster fuck :shrug:

S loves EJ

tomsawyer
camera shy
mollymay
LuvingLumi

I think Lumi fans take it as she loved Lucas and Ejami fans take it as she loved EJ, it really comes down to which pairing you prefer.

six
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
camera shy
mollymay
LuvingLumi

In addition to the things you mentioned, there were times she'd take EJ's side when Lucas would get upset that EJ was always hanging around. At the time, I was completely convinced that there were pro lumi script/breakdown writers and pro ejami script/breakdown writers and that they were all doing what they could to advance their agenda.

mollymay

LuvingLumi
Jul 25 2013, 09:48 AM
mollymay
LuvingLumi
lysie

Her decision to go back to Lucas was instigated by her finding out that Ej was sleeping with Kate, then immediately after that she found out he was related to Stefano in some way, Bo telling her that he suspected Ej was behind the black glove crimes and Ej's attack on her in her apartment. It wasn't until after those things happened that Sami decided that dating Ej was a bad move and by then Lucas was more forthcoming about his feelings for her.

Whatever reasons she had for going through with the vendetta wedding IMHO she still looked stupid for never questioning Stefano to begin with....if she wanted to be with Ej fine, but that wasn't what was playing out, sorry......
Now see to me...I thought Ali always played it with an undercurrent of attraction/love to EJ that she tried to deny.

But to each his own as they say.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

For me, the characters of EJ and Sami have been written so inconsistently with the various regimes it is impossible for me to take them seriously, or to even start to get to the point where I could even possibly root for them. This is especially one of the biggest issues I have with EJ's character. It's unfortunate I think that he came on when he did---at least with Sami we have at least a decade of for-the-most-part consistent character writing. She was written fairly consistently right up to around the EJ/Lucas/Sami stuff, then it all fell apart after the Santeen stuff.
Edited by JarlenaLante, Jul 25 2013, 10:31 AM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Jul 25 2013, 07:53 AM
Honeybees
Jul 25 2013, 07:39 AM
marie1969
Jul 24 2013, 11:14 PM
LuvingLumi
Jul 24 2013, 09:43 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepwhy the hell aren't you pointing the finger at EJ instead of Lucas.? for blackmailing Sami into marrying him? For not standing up to Stefano and the vendetta? For wanting to be with a woman that wanted someone else. That was the cause of all the issues....if anything, when Lucas found out what his son had done, he tried whatever he could to keep his son out of the slammer....admitting to the crime, perjuring himself, going to the slammer and almost dying as a result....sure Lucas might be at fault of the gun being kept in the house....but let's face it...HIS FAMILY WAS BEING TARGETED AND KILLED by the Dimeras.......again who's fault is that? Lucas too? GMAFB
Why so hostile? It is just my opinion. Part of the fun is having different opinion or perspective of the show isn't it?

IMO, Lucas was wrong to cover for Will. He sent the wrong message to Will. There are better ways he could have handled it.

Lucas did involve Will in the triangle from the beginning. I clearly remember him teaming up with Will and pulling pranks like vandalizing Ej's car, destroying his apt and sending a prostitute to his place to ruin ejami 's date. Lucas also used Will to manipulate Sami when ejami seemed to be getting closer.

It does not really matter really, all I am saying is that if he did not involve Will in this mess, maybe he would not have felt compelled to protect his mother, keep in mind Sami wanted to marry Ej even though her family was against it.

Going back to topic, I was really proud of Will today for stepping up as a man and take responsibility for his actions (well sort of). Everyone is protecting Will specially his mother, it is nice that he is sticking his neck out for her for a change. I like the fact that both mother and son have each other's best interest at heart the way family should.

I also enjoyed the EJ/Abe conversation. I like how protective Ej is of, not only Sami but Will as well. You can totally tell how conflicted he is. The one thing that could clear Sami can compromise her son. So he is keeping mum and everyone is assuming that he is doing it for selfish reasons. We the audience know that it is all about protecting Will whom he loves like a son.

What can I say, I am enjoying the story. it is so layered and it involves so many characters.
And absolutely Lucas and the whole police force was wrong to cover for Will, though there motives were sympathetic. He was a minor under extreme emotional circumstances, and his victim survived without any long term consequences. A good lawyer could have gotten Will probation or time in a juvenile mental hospital (which at the time he could have used).

And Will has several times tried to come forward, several times said he never should have allowed his father to take the blame and has only been quieted because he doesn't want his father, grandfather and aunt to be harmed by his confession.

I appreciate the dramatic mileage the show has gotten out of bringing up the shooting, but I do hope they put it to rest now that Will has a lawyer. I think the well has run dry.

There's some minor nitpicks I have with the story, but I'm enjoying it too.
First the police force did not cover for him they do not know about will and second if at the time if jail would seem to worse that could happen to will if Will told truth Lucas would be wrong but at time it did not seem jail will the worse thing that can happen whoever shot ej something lot people tend to forget now
Actually, over and over again, it's been brought up that if Will came forward that Hope, Roman and Lucas would all suffer fallout from it. I've taken this to mean that they either knew or strongly suspected Lucas was innocent.

It's been rather maddening to me that before now Will didn't seek out a lawyer on his own to discuss these matters under the umbrella of attorney client privilege.

Even if Roman and Hope were oblivious, Will doesn't think they were.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Jul 25 2013, 10:29 AM
For me, the characters of EJ and Sami have been written so inconsistently with the various regimes it is impossible for me to take them seriously, or to even start to get to the point where I could even possibly root for them. This is especially one of the biggest issues I have with EJ's character. It's unfortunate I think that he came on when he did---at least with Sami we have at least a decade of for-the-most-part consistent character writing. She was written fairly consistently right up to around the EJ/Lucas/Sami stuff, then it all fell apart after the Santeen stuff.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

EJ has been a different character under every writing regime.

Personally, I can enjoy EJ and Sami in various contexts, especially as antagonists and sometimes in Sami's case - a well-meaning train wreck. But I do just try and forget about the Fafe thing just like I prefer nobody mentions Marlena was possessed by the devil. But it's best not to over think. This a universe where most of the people over 40 have been presumed dead at one point or another and the man who faked most of their deaths walks around free.

S loves EJ

six
Jul 25 2013, 10:13 AM

tomsawyer
camera shy
mollymay

In addition to the things you mentioned, there were times she'd take EJ's side when Lucas would get upset that EJ was always hanging around. At the time, I was completely convinced that there were pro lumi script/breakdown writers and pro ejami script/breakdown writers and that they were all doing what they could to advance their agenda.

writers can have their favourites, but I think it had more to do with that there was two very loud fanbases so they tried to write for both of them, they were writing a triangel imo.

six
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jul 25 2013, 10:33 AM
Partnersincrime
Honeybees
marie1969
Jul 24 2013, 11:14 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepwhy the hell aren't you pointing the finger at EJ instead of Lucas.?
And absolutely Lucas and the whole police force was wrong to cover for Will, though there motives were sympathetic. He was a minor under extreme emotional circumstances, and his victim survived without any long term consequences. A good lawyer could have gotten Will probation or time in a juvenile mental hospital (which at the time he could have used).

And Will has several times tried to come forward, several times said he never should have allowed his father to take the blame and has only been quieted because he doesn't want his father, grandfather and aunt to be harmed by his confession.

I appreciate the dramatic mileage the show has gotten out of bringing up the shooting, but I do hope they put it to rest now that Will has a lawyer. I think the well has run dry.

There's some minor nitpicks I have with the story, but I'm enjoying it too.
First the police force did not cover for him they do not know about will and second if at the time if jail would seem to worse that could happen to will if Will told truth Lucas would be wrong but at time it did not seem jail will the worse thing that can happen whoever shot ej something lot people tend to forget now
Actually, over and over again, it's been brought up that if Will came forward that Hope, Roman and Lucas would all suffer fallout from it. I've taken this to mean that they either knew or strongly suspected Lucas was innocent.

It's been rather maddening to me that before now Will didn't seek out a lawyer on his own to discuss these matters under the umbrella of attorney client privilege.

I don't think Will thinks Hope and Roman know anything. If Will thought Roman and Hope intentionally covered for him, it wouldn't have been necessary to steal the evidence implicating him in the shooting.

The problem is that no one would believe the police let Will walk out of incompetence.

spartan
Member Avatar

six
tomsawyer
camera shy
mollymay

Oh, I'm still convinced of that. Although, I think the war was between a certain EP and perhaps a writer? The EP was definitely pro-Lumi.....someone else started becoming pro-EJami. I just don't know who exactly.

That's why I think even though they were techinically writing Lumi, EJami had some of the best scenes and dialogue ever, atleast IMO.

Anyways, they played both sides for a long time. That's why Lumi's can say the stuff they saw, but so can EJami's. They wrote it as Sami being in love with Lucas and being self-sacrificing marrying EJ. They also wrote it where Sami "loved" Lucas but couldn't deny her attraction for EJ and wanted to be with him even though she wouldn't admit it outright. It went both ways.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

six
Jul 25 2013, 10:49 AM
Honeybees
Partnersincrime
Honeybees

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepwhy the hell aren't you pointing the finger at EJ instead of Lucas.?

I don't think Will thinks Hope and Roman know anything. If Will thought Roman and Hope intentionally covered for him, it wouldn't have been necessary to steal the evidence implicating him in the shooting.

The problem is that no one would believe the police let Will walk out of incompetence.
Okay, then color me confused. Can somebody explain to me why Will has multiple timed expressed fear of getting Hope and Roman kicked off the force or somehow in trouble if he tells the truth?

Seriously, given Salem PD's track record, Will believes that someone might assume they knew and THAT's kept him from coming forward? Kept him from claiming his daughter? Allowed himself to be blackmailed multiple times? That seems a little crazy to me, even for Days, but whatever.
Edited by Honeybees, Jul 25 2013, 10:57 AM.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Finally got to watch yesterday's show-wow I was in heaven as a Wally Kurth fan. He was the whole show for me. Shocking I know lol!

LOVED his scenes with Judi Evans. These two were awesome. Definitely emmy worthy. Loved the drama between Justin and Adrienne. Honestly, this is the best part of this whole umbrella story. The Kiriakis family focus is so good. I want more. I really hope these writers are realizing the gold mine they have with Wally (Justin) and Judi(Adrienne) and the Kiriakis family and continue to write for them like this and keep them front and center.

Even though Justin was angry with Adrienne I loved seeing him protecting her when he was talking to EJ. And I'm glad to see Justin put his foot down with EJ. I love an angry Justin. However, I do hope that this is not the end for Justin and EJ lol. I hope they reunite and continue to work together more. But I can totally understand where Justin stands right now and rightly so. Wally stole that scene too.

I want to smack sonny for lying to his father. Ugh. I needed Justin to rip Sonny and Willass a new one for keeping that video from him. They got off too easy.

EJ better watch his back if he thinks about messing with Adrienne. Justin will kick his ass. I do wonder if they will go anywhere with EJ going after Adrienne?!! I would be all over it if means more story for Justin and his family lol. Of course that would divide EJustin more too lol. Hate to see that happen, can't help it I love those two lol. Such a dilemma lol

Loved Abe telling off EJ!

Honestly the rest of show was a blur to me. I was too focused on Wally and Judi lol.

six
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jul 25 2013, 10:44 AM
six

tomsawyer
camera shy

writers can have their favourites, but I think it had more to do with that there was two very loud fanbases so they tried to write for both of them, they were writing a triangel imo.
I know they were trying to write for both fanbases. They just did it in a really bad, stupid way. Sami constantly flipped flopped you never knew which guy she was going to treat like she wanted to be with him and which one she'd treat like a nuisance. I certainly had my opinion about who Sami should be with, but it was still obvious to me that at some points, EJ was clearly annoying Sami by refusing to leave her alone, while other times, Lucas was the one bothering her.

spartan
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
lysie
S loves EJ
Jul 25 2013, 08:41 AM
Alright you got a point there the wedding didnīt put an end to the vendetta, but Will shooting EJ wasnīt a way to put a stop to it either, EJ wasnīt a threat anymore Stefano was so if he wanted to protect his mother he should have shot Stefano, shooting EJ would just make the vendetta worse since Stefano would want to revenge his son.
EJ was still a threat. He had just threatened Will and planned to kill Belle. He had a court order giving him the right to take Johnny. All of that happened right as John died and John's death is what made Sami change her mind. I think Sami wanted to marry him anyway but her family had every reason to still see him as a threat.
and that is why her family had that intervention at the church, to try to convince her that regardless of if she went through and married him, it wouldn't really make a difference. You see this is the story that began to make Sami really look like an idiot....the fact that she even trusted Stefano was bad...and sure Shawn's recollection of the events didn't help but that wasn't the focus in the beginning. The fact that Sami blindly went along with this entire thing and never questioned Stefano is bizarre. She knew he was a liar and trusted his word anyway? Seriously.....what a load of bullshit. SO for anyone that says that Sami refused to be with Ej because her family wanted her with someone else is a load of crap...Sami didn't listen to her family and married Ej anyway.....baloney
Sami had a self-sacrificing 'reason' for marrying EJ to hide behind. She didn't marry him because "she loved him" atleast as far as she admitted to her family.

So, it's not a "load of crap". They threw scenes and dialogue to support both sides. It wasn't cut and dry.

michelle
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 25 2013, 09:11 AM
S loves EJ
Jul 25 2013, 09:05 AM
I donīt remember EJ threatning Will, but I guess it then depends what he said to him. I donīt think anyone know about Bell, even if I think he just wanted to scare her to convince Sami to marry him. EJ had no reason to take Johnny if Sami married him that is all he wanted to be a family with her.
He didn't say it to Will. He said it to Sami in front of the family. The point is, the family knew he was still a threat. He didn't stop being a threat until after Will shot him and he prayed.
I hated the old Will.

six
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jul 25 2013, 10:56 AM
six
Honeybees
Partnersincrime

Okay, then color me confused. Can somebody explain to me why Will has multiple timed expressed fear of getting Hope and Roman kicked off the force or somehow in trouble if he tells the truth?

Seriously, given Salem PD's track record, Will believes that someone might assume they knew and THAT's kept him from coming forward? Kept him from claiming his daughter? Allowed himself to be blackmailed multiple times? That seems a little crazy to me, even for Days, but whatever.
I don't think it's any deeper than that. Nick pointed out that Hope and Roman would have to explain why they didn't realize Will was guilty, and that (and fear of Lucas getting in more trouble) is what caused Will to sign the papers.
Edited by six, Jul 25 2013, 11:12 AM.

Angelsmile

Honeybees
Jul 25 2013, 10:56 AM
six
Honeybees
Partnersincrime

The writers used Nick to introduce the idea that others could be implicated in Will's crime because Will was threatening to turn himself in rather than sign over his parental rights. The fact is that people confess all the time and it usually does not stop the investigation. The person is arrested, but the crime itself is investigated further in order to bolster the confession. There was obviously evidence in police custody that could have proved Lucas was lying thus the need to have the evidence stolen. This means if they had continued to investigate Will would have been found out, but they didn't. The trouble for Roman, Bo, and Hope comes in because they are related to Will and they failed to complete the investigation. That brings up the question of whether it was a deliberate cover-up or incompetence. Either way their careers are threatened if not ruined.

cynderlla
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Jul 24 2013, 12:48 PM
Will, you lying little shit. Stefano had the evidence stolen to help you because you were being blackmailed by Nick.
Actually Stefano had Bernardi steal the evidence to serve his own purposes. He wanted to have it to hold over Sami more than Will, but either way he never does anything to "help" anyone but himself. I wonder if eventually he will make some kind of deal with EJ to save Sami from the death penalty in return for EJ relinquishing all of his rights to all things Dimera and giving it all back. Perhaps Stefano has the missing razor. Just a thought.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply