Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, July 25th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 25 2013, 08:16 AM (9,967 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

Fantastic66
Jul 26 2013, 01:37 AM
Supergirlx2
Jul 25 2013, 11:44 AM
Why did Billie have a gun on BO?
When did Billie have the gun pointed at Bo?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Mmmmm sexy Rexxy.

concerned
Member Avatar

Look at Billie expressing remorse for killing someone. Even a proven bad someone.

six
Member Avatar

guessgirl
Jul 25 2013, 04:19 PM
Lots of factors can figure into a woman not knowing she's pregnant right away. Stress, irregular cycle etc. It doesn't make Gabi any stupider she didn't know sooner.
Not to mention that 2-3 months our time does not translate into 2-3 months Salem time.
Edited by six, Jul 26 2013, 07:49 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

six
Jul 26 2013, 07:41 AM
guessgirl
Lots of factors can figure into a woman not knowing she's pregnant right away. Stress, irregular cycle etc. It doesn't make Gabi any stupider she didn't know sooner.
Not to mention that 2-3 months our time does not translate into 2-3 months Salem time.
Well that's true. Too many year long pregnancies....

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

I love Nicole. But I CANNOT with her propping Dannifer or Daniel. Seriously, DAYS, not entertaining in any way. Make it stop.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Jul 25 2013, 02:21 PM
tomsawyer
Jul 25 2013, 02:01 PM
six
Jul 25 2013, 01:39 PM
I don't think Kristen would consider Eric's baby a reward...although she might, if only because she can use it to annoy Marlena, but the same thing would apply to Brady's child.

I get where the people who are disgusted about the possibility of a Eristen baby are coming from, but that scene was way too ridiculous for me to pin real life viewpoints onto it. :shrug:
I don't get the whole baby-as-a-reward idea, period. Babies aren't rewards. They aren't intended to send some message to the audience about who is a worthy person and who's not. They are simply props and plotpoints to drive drama. Just like everything else on a soap.

So yeah, I'm all for a Kristen pregnancy if it creates a good story.
You're right about all of the reward stuff. That probably isn't the best way to perceive a Kristen pregnancy, or any pregnancy. There is just something viscerally loathsome IMO about the idea of her possibly, finally getting her "miracle child" from what she did to Eric (her lack of a child has always been a sore spot for her, much like with Nicole, so I guess that is where the idea of "rewarding" her comes from). I don't want these two bonded to each other as parents, and really - I'm at a loss as to how they'd make a good story out of it, versus, say, a car crash in slow motion. But I am generally open to whatever these writers are prepared to show me, because they're on a roll and they have been for awhile. For this, though - some serious magic will be required.
Agreed. I hate the idea of Kristen getting a "miracle baby" from raping a man. However, this is a soap opera so I can definitely see them going down this route. It would be especially heart-wrenching if they played it ala baby Grace. Kristen has the baby but the baby falls ill. Eric is called in to give last rites only for the truth to come out that the baby isn't Brady's but Eric's own. Can you imagine the drama? Emmy material for Greg Vaughn right there.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Jul 26 2013, 09:46 AM.

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Matt
Jul 25 2013, 12:53 PM
I'm going to hope that Nicole's remark about becoming a reporter & the appearance of the Spectator in the same episode is foreshadowing. lol
THIS!

Me too, me too. I would love to see Nicole back in reporter mode.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
Jul 26 2013, 09:49 AM
Matt
Jul 25 2013, 12:53 PM
I'm going to hope that Nicole's remark about becoming a reporter & the appearance of the Spectator in the same episode is foreshadowing. lol
THIS!

Me too, me too. I would love to see Nicole back in reporter mode.
OMG, YES! And let's have Abby graduate and take a job there. I'm already smiling thinking about it.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

guessgirl
Some women have their periods the entire time they're pregnant. Some don't gain noticeable weight. Some woman have wombs that are tipped back so babies can't kick anything that the mother can feel, so they never feel anything moving inside them.

There are enough women in the real world who didn't know they were pregnant until they gave birth for the discovery channel to make a series out of, this one is from their FOURTH season:

http://health.discovery.com/tv-shows/i-didnt-know-i-was-pregnant

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jul 26 2013, 09:57 AM
OMG, YES! And let's have Abby graduate and take a job there. I'm already smiling thinking about it.
Remember how last year Abby said she was considering being a writer like her dad and got an award for it too? I get this feeling they're going to throw Abby into a million different careers depending on what pairing she's supposed to make work or who she's trying to prop. In fact any day now I'm expecting her to follow star-eyed into the medical field in St. Taniel's footsteps.

(Yes I know these days people switch careers all the time, but seriously, Abby feels like in this constant arrested development because they keep trying to make a romance work for her and nobody sticks around long enough (Max, Chad, whatever). Just give her a job that will let her be involved in plots and get it overwith, she's been in college since 2006 or something.)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply